Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) (39236 Views)

Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic) / Man Who Supplies Weapons To Fulani Herdsmen In Abraka, Delta State Arrested (pic / Fraudsters Trying To Sell Governor Amosun's House Arrested (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by 989900: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Still confused.

How does one convert a phone to soap?how does this work?they switch the phones to soap?what if I hold the phone in my hands?

Free merge/palming.

Simple psychological trick, but very easy to fall for.

Debug: never allow the item be replaced back into its carton, or re-packed for that matter.

I bought a very expensive watch for N250 (as a mugu then) . . . LoL, in Oshodi isale under bridge, in '89 or thereabout, only to get home to discover I bought 2 N1 coins well wrapped in shape of a watch . . . they show you the watch, but switch it at the last minute with the dupe, it's some work of psychological art, you've got to give it up to them.

I returned back to same spot a week later with my crew lurking in the background, same guy tried to play same trick on me, I insisted no packaging, I laced the watch there and then . . . LoL, guy turned it into a fight, refused to sell again . . . 'big gbege', my crew against his . . . we settled though, as some of my big bros that went with me, knew some of those other guys from Mushin-Alafia from way back.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by 989900: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2016
bkool7:

The phone is usually sold by miscreants who will claim they stole and just need quick cash.
A 50k phone can be sold to you for 10k. While negotiating the price the guy will tell you that many people are watching so he would put the phone in a brown envelop, unknowing to you he has a similar brown envelop in his pocket.
So you're removing the money from ur pocket the guy would have swapped the envelopes. Once you hand him the money he'll give you the envelope with the soap in it and tell you to walk some distance b4 you open it.
By the time you start opening it, you'll discover you have to open about three envelopes. By the time you notice the soap, the guy is long gone.
This happened to me at Oshodi some four years ago. I thought the trick was old, didnt kown it's still in practice.
We should all be observant. I'm wiser now. I was filled with greed the day I fell for that cheap scam. Immediately he couldn't locate the guys again I just burst into uncontrolled laughter. Cause I couldn't believe someone could scam me so cheaply at Oshodi - being a lag boy myself.

Hi five ya!!!

Read my story above.
cheesy
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2016
Sweetheart It's called the hustle grin

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Kaybaba5(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2016
Tell the police to forgive you and allow you to eat the soap. That's all
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by JamaicaTheDrunk(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2016
MadCow1:
Name Checkers Association of Nairaland.... Nnewi Chapter.. cool cool

Are you from Nnewi?
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by papaejima1: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
989900:

Free merge/palming.
Simple psychological trick, but very easy to fall for.
Debug: never allow the item be replaced back into its carton, or re-packed for that matter.
I bought a very expensive watch for N250 (as a mugu then) . . . LoL, in Oshodi isale under bridge, in '89 or thereabout, only to get home to discover I bought 2 N1 coins well wrapped in shape of a watch . . . they show you the watch, but switch it at the last minute with the dupe, it's some work of psychological art, you've got to give it up to them.
I returned back to same spot a week later with my crew lurking in the background, same guy tried to play same trick on me, I insisted no packaging, I laced the watch there and then . . . LoL, guy turned it into a fight, refused to sell again . . . 'big gbege', my crew against his . . . we settled though, as some of my big bros that went with me, knew some of those other guys from Mushin-Alafia from way back.

bkool7:

The phone is usually sold by miscreants who will claim they stole and just need quick cash.
A 50k phone can be sold to you for 10k. While negotiating the price the guy will tell you that many people are watching so he would put the phone in a brown envelop, unknowing to you he has a similar brown envelop in his pocket.
So you're removing the money from ur pocket the guy would have swapped the envelopes. Once you hand him the money he'll give you the envelope with the soap in it and tell you to walk some distance b4 you open it.
By the time you start opening it, you'll discover you have to open about three envelopes. By the time you notice the soap, the guy is long gone.
This happened to me at Oshodi some four years ago. I thought the trick was old, didnt kown it's still in practice.
We should all be observant. I'm wiser now. I was filled with greed the day I fell for that cheap scam. Immediately he couldn't locate the guys again I just burst into uncontrolled laughter. Cause I couldn't believe someone could scam me so cheaply at Oshodi - being a lag boy myself.

I love these dudes already grin grin grin
The truth shall set you free.
Many have been scammed but are too ashamed to admit it.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by validstar1: 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Iffa hear say this man na 18
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by manando1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Still confused.

How does one convert a phone to soap?how does this work?they switch the phones to soap?what if I hold the phone in my hands?
we got this kind of people here they can sell you a bar soup as foni or brick stone as gun this is the conning art they carry one live foni and hide bar soup when they approach u they show you that one live foni and give it to you for the inspection while you're in the middle of it they quickly take it from you and act as if police are to close and ask for the money quickly while you're taking the money out they swap really foni that you've seen with the soup bar and put it in your pocket and tell u to open it when u get home while you going they will be gone with your money looking for another victim

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Cubeet: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
There goes his Cone Head
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by fairplay90(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
NCAN Southern Ijaw Branch

Bayelsa State

Afonjas Una Dooooh
if not Afonjas, who else? no one.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Nnadijeff3: 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hmmmm oil soup people dey thief?
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by agbalagba1: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
NCAN oke-ira branch reporting,Yoluba and Fraud,Igbo and Drugs,all na still 1Naija.
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by 49cents(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
This NCAN thing cracks me up!

Whether or nor my tribe is affected

Igbos!
Plasma!
Afonja
Brown Roof republic
Ugandans(dont know what this means tho)
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Deilluminator(m): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Still confused.

Why won't you be confused when your interest is in making Front page rather than knowledge? See, all these questions you asked are adequately answered in the post. This is very true of the Onyibo who said if you want to hide anything from Nigerians, put in books. They won't read it.
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by jecca(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Still confused.

. I dose happen to unsuspected individual. I was passing oshodi lagos around 10:30pm last year when a guy approached us with blackberry phone for sale. Claiming he's on d street & wants 2 sale it at giveaway price. My guy tested the phone and its working well he anxiously borrowed me some money and join with the money he has and give d guy 3k 4 d bold5. He put it in a kaki envelop and told us 2 go immediately so people won't see or notice. Some of his accomplice even approached us demanding 4 money but we refused having given d guy almost all we had @ dat time. We rushed 2 enter a bus 2 mile2. I even became jealousy dat I could av been the one dat got d phone on a platter. Until my guy opened the envelope and brought out a white bar soap cut by size of the phone. I could not believe it we wia given chimpanzee inplace of monkey

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by MrMacinterchi1: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
jegz25:
The people sef wey dey buy soap as phone...
this kind look na die ooo.. If person give u this kind look na go correct urself , or.....
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Still confused.

Give him the Bar Soap to eat. Period!
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by TAXMASTER: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
I think say na only ibos dey commit this kind of crime
Re: Man Who Sells Soaps As Phones In Lagos Traffic Arrested (pic) by DianaJ(f): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
Yoruba boy again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Dies After Falling Into Gutter Carelessly Made By Julius Berger In Akwa Ibom / Army Sacks Soldier For Killing His Lover Over Phone Call / Lagos Police PRO Reacts As Man Expresses His Hate For Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.