Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud - Investment (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (87747 Views)

‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians / MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 9:56am On Sep 05, 2016
niggi4life:
The question is simple, MMM gives you 30% after a month? Even no bank can give you that high ROI(return on Investment) Now how do they make their own profit? i am just curious

One thing that I am certain of is that MMM Global is not an investment firm, rather it is more like a Cash Gifting racket. Think about it, if MMM Global does not invest the money elsewhere, how are they able to support the 30% return every month? Whatever money that is poured into the MMM Global system stays in the pool, and it does not grow.

The only way to grow it is if there are new “investors” pouring money into the system.

Read this for yourself and learn http:///ideology/?i=invite@mmm-nigeria.net
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2016
Goyim:
I was asked to come a job interview and also dress smart while coming.
Had to travel and leave my state to go there. I was very exited and prepared.
When i got there a young fellow told me to pay 180k to join one MMM scheme like that.
Tears rolled freely from my eyes when i heard the amount.

That is not true. No one forces you to join MMM. Stop spreading falsified rumors. MMM is real. Its just that there are some bad eggs trying to spoil it. But they will not succeed. Together we change the world.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:12am On Sep 05, 2016
Idrismusty97:
30%! It seems too good to be real. But it is real as i have confirmed from many friends who did it early, But this isn't a scheme that will last long. I pity the late arrivals...They will suffer most. I mean where the fvck did they get the 30% from, Thin air? If you still really want to try it then you better hurry, As for me i will pass. This isn't real investment, It is blind risks.
Be informed that the 30% comes from the participants. So as much as there are people willing to provide help, the 30% is not a problem.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Goyim: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2016
professorgome:

That is not true. No one forces you to join MMM. Stop spreading falsified rumors. MMM is real. Its just that there are some bad eggs trying to spoil it. But they will not succeed. Together we change the world.

So you run all the MMM business in the world? And you know what each and everyone of then is doing to get customers?
I think the correct word you should have used was "Tricked" no one forced me to do anythint, i dont know where you got that from.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2016
finalboss:
i know dat things is a fraud... duped my fwend 20k .

stupid people still doing it mtcheew
You said your friend and not you. How did they dupe him/her? Explain in details what happened to that your so called friend.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2016
aminho:
oga take it or leave it i lost 500k naira on mmm its a fraud
Sorry dude. Maybe you fell to those nigas that are uploading fake tellers or payments. We all have to be careful in this mmm. The mmm itself is real, but people wants to spoil it for us. In every system including banks you see scammers trying to spoil the system. Long live mmm and together we change the world.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:47am On Sep 05, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Your people are quick to call out banks. We all know banks generate funds from interest on loans, various bank charges, forex trades, sales of shares etc, and yet no bank can pay you up to 10% per annum currently, yet you believe that a system that has no means of generating money can be paying EVERYBODY 30% per month. You guys are funny.

Let me show you how unsustainable your investment programme is.

For all the people that will give help in a month to get help the following month, there has to be an increase in the total amount of help that will be given in the next month of at least 30%. It means that if the total help given in August is 1 billion naira, by September, there must be at least 1.3 billion naira help given for all the August helpers to get paid. By October, it will be 1.69bn. It will keep increasing like this until the total amount gets to multiples of billion. You will agree with me that a time will come when there won't be any further increase in the amount of help to be given. By that time, the system has plateaued. What will happen to the last set of investors?

If the total help given this month is 1 billion, by next month, it must be 1.3 billion for those of this month to be paid up. By the following month, it must be 1.69 billion. It keeps compounding and after 24 months, it will become 542 billion.
In 36 months, that 1 billion becomes 12.6 trillion.
In 48 months, 294 trillion.
In 60 months, 6.8 quadrillion.

Now tell me, does this look to you like a programme that can be sustained?

You are saying trash. That mathematical calculation is faulty. It not calculated monthly to be paid out the following month. The old participants still put back their money into the scheme as well as the new participants. The programme will continue as long as people keep on putting money. Remember that if people stop depositing money in the bank and every body collects, the bank will go bankrupt.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2016
hardbody:

First time I lost N1. 4m and the next time I lost about N1m, both on ponzi scheme. For life is am done with that nonsense. It's a scam in the long run.
And last time you lost 10m in MMM. LOL.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by obajoey(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2016
Download step by step guide.

https://www.mediafire.com/?99guowgk325xr8i

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Some people are not smart.
When you send money as help to someone, what if you didn't get help from anyone.

With this news people Will stop paying people, due scepticism.

This news came in on the 1st of September. On the 4th I paid someone. We won't stop paying. The news is a good news in disguise for mmm to grow even the more. You better join us.

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:
For the people defending MMM on here, why don't you go set up a branch in say, the United States and see if you won't be locked up grin grin Its only in unexposed countries like Nigeria and other third world countries that these business 'models' can survive.
Get the site for mmm usa and see for yourself. www.usa-mmm dot net.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2016
cutesmilez:
Almost all my friends have joined dis scheme. But I chose not 2. I STILL FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE EVEN AFTER SEEING THE MONEY THEY GOT FROM THE SCEME. As for me o, I will never join MMM.
And don't ask them to lend u money either.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=aminho post=48974410][/quote]
Mr. Man, which currency is that? I'm sure its not NGN. You might have operated the the wrong mmm.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by cutesmilez(f): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2016
professorgome:

And don't ask them to lend u money either.
LOL. I wish you the best with MMM. As for me, I no go try am
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:44am On Sep 05, 2016
Iceking1:

Hello sir, good morning sir. Sir i have a question.
Sir lets say for example i helped some one and later someone requested for help from me and i don't have any more money what will happen?
Your statement is not clear. If u pledge to provide and was unable to do so, you will banned from participating in the system. And they will re-assign that payment to another person.

1 Like

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by jospap: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2016
Well, MMM this MMM that. I am nt an investor in the MMM of a thing but I think I have done some research on it and what I sense from my research was that this fellow that created this program has gud intention but any government will try to frustrate it and make it crash. They guy has done some form of investment scheme in Russia with high ROI and was paying well for a long time. The govt sense the threat and freezes is account and jail him, therefore the government has freezed public money in his charge therefore he couldn't pay but still when he was release he still pay some percentage back to people. Later he started another in the US and the government did the same to him. Pls I can't type much just type MMM in google and open the Wikipedia link then you can read everything yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2016
Leopantro:

here's why it would fail

In this basic example, you would need one new member per five existing members to keep the scheme afloat just to meet a 20% return – let alone the 100% return.
For example, once there are 10 000 members, for each member to receive their 20%, a further 2 000 members would have to be recruited the next month.
As they join, so the speed of recruitment has to increase.
Now you have 12 000 existing members and need 2 400 new members the next month, 2 880 the following month and then 3 456 new members, and so on.

"Based on the information provided on the website, MMM follows a classic pyramid structure," she said. "The participants derive their income or returns primarily for the recruitment of new members. In other words, the returns are not based on investments or the selling of any product, but on money paid by new people joining. The philosophy is that you offer assistance by paying a joining fee."

Mavrodi has executed his exit strategy - claim
BehindMLM said Mavrodi “executed his exit strategy a few weeks ago. On March 20th Mavrodi informed investors there would be no more news updates published to the MMM Global website”.
“Mavrodi has not been heard from or seen since, and is presumed to be on the run. It’s highly likely he withdrew and/or transferred out as much of the money he stole from investors before fleeing.”

The bold fonts is an old news. That news came up 2003 or so.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
Qtsnow:

Just yesterday i read about the russian originator of this scheme since the 90's and believe you me, the story has always been sour for all its investors, it will look rosy at first but becomes a story that touches the heart on the long run. I guess you have heard of the case of MMM investors in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
Thank God u read. From ur findings, did Mavrodi runaway with money or the government created panic in the minds of people?
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Iceking1:

Hello sir, i want to register on mmm but am afraid, because i read some where that after someone requested from help from you if after two days you have not responded they you will be banned permanently and all your money will be lost.
You are advised to pledge the money u can give and let it be ready. If u fail to pay after you are matched in the next 48hrs, you will be banned. But meanwhile your money is still in your hand. U stand nothing to loss at that stage. Only that you have lost the chance of making 30%. Starting all over again, u begin from day one. Don't be afraid pledge what is available that u can pay when matched to do so. Follow this link register. http:///F7qLLp
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
Efewestern:

Look at what you just type.. well am not surprise.. Nigerians re Gullible and don't use there brain.

Av been to that mmm site and i can tell u for sure that the site is not been monetize.. You think wen people visits a site u start having money ?.. lolz.. na wa.

Lemme educate u a little.

You only make money from a site through advert, Affiliate marketing e.t.c.. E.g Nairaland runs ads, Fb have there own ads, Google use AdWords.. without that they won't have money..

Common sense is indeed nt common
Have u not seen adverts on mmm nigeria site?
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
delerx:
The only reason I have not joined is cos I don't believe in making money without stress. MMM is the easiest way to make money
Who told u there is no stress. U think giving out ur money for 30 days is a small thing?
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by hardbody: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
professorgome:

And last time you lost 10m in MMM. LOL.

I did not even read that MMM shiit. I refuse to be fooled again.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by professorgome: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Here is the 'research' you asked for

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)
The world is moving fast. That is an old news. He did not runaway with people's money. The government brought news and the people were scared.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
professorgome:

You are saying trash. That mathematical calculation is faulty. It not calculated monthly to be paid out the following month. The old participants still put back their money into the scheme as well as the new participants. The programme will continue as long as people keep on putting money. Remember that if people stop depositing money in the bank and every body collects, the bank will go bankrupt.

If people stop depositing in banks and those that took loans pay back, the banks will be able to pay back all their depositors. Remember banks have board of directors, and do annual general meetings in which they produce financial statements. Their incomes usually surpass their expenditures.
In the case of MMM, people have withdrawn several amounts from the system as gains. I know of a woman that has made over 46 million from it. The moment the maximum number of people that can participate in the system PH, and there is no further significant increase in the new participants whose money form the 30% interest paid to those getting help, the system will fail.
FBN has lasted since 1894. Can you tell me any HYIP that ever lasted up to 10 years?
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by menazz(m): 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello all...

Some of the people posting on the subject MMM are sponsored guys just to bring MMM Nigeria down...

But am telling these guys and babes that all ur plans won't work. If you don't like it leave it for us, it's our money or is it ur money we ar using? Or did dey told ur guys that we didn't read the instructions before we provided help and got help?

Thanks to MMM, since the economic slow down in Nigeria it has helped me survive. Am ready to wage war against anti MMM fellows.

If you don't like it leave it for us, it's not ur business, you I mean you and the other sponsored guys and babes.

In MMM we ar community of helping people, don't anoy us, we will defend MMM with our lives. We ar ready to fight with everything we have against any hindrance.... beware
[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by kismo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
You people should note that MMM has more than one official website that have the same features:

http://mmmglobal.com/
http://mmmglobal.org/

You guys should be careful. I do not know the original website so please do not ask me. But from "how to start participating," it is obvious that http://mmmglobal.org/ is FAKE.
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by Drdreluv: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
@ OBAGADAFFI:
Some people are not smart.
When you send money as help to someone, what if you didn't get help from anyone.

With this news people Will stop paying people, due scepticism.

Reply.....
If u where marched with Mr A to credit your Acc and after 48 hours he refuses to credit it he will banned. The system will March u with someone else to credit your account
Re: SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nawa oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Quick personal loans for salary earners / Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum / EFCC Responds To User Who Called Them Out Over MMM Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.