Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (9076 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2016
You can read up the first part of the book series here- https://www.nairaland.com/3307549/me-book-1-novellete-kayode#48759117

Me, You, and Them (Book 2)

By

Kayode Odusanya

Chapter 1

“I can’t believe this. Come over here.” Tony said and waved Judith over. He stood and embraced her when she got to his side. They disentangled after a few seconds and she walked over to her seat, shyly.
“Can someone please tell me what’s going on here?” Ayo inquired, looking from his friend to his client, and back to his friend.
“Oh my God, Ayo, Chinelo and I used to live in the same building many years ago.” Tony said, shaking his head in disbelief.
“Chinelo?” Ayo said, with his eyes fixed on Judith.
“Yes, her native name is Chinelo. She must have been like 11 the last time I saw her.” Tony said and Judith nodded.
“Oh! This is really interesting.” Ayo said with a puzzled look on his face.
“Yea, really is interesting. You’ve grown so big.” Tony said.
“You saw me last like 15 years ago, Tony.” Judith said between laughs.
“Yes, the day before…” Tony was saying and he stopped as his disposition changed to a sad one. He looked into her eyes and it was like they were communicating without speaking. Then she reached for his hand on the table and squeezed it.
Ayo picked up the menu from the table and ran his finger through it slowly. He looked up after a while and sighed before saying “I hope this new revelation won’t spoil our plan in any way?”
“I knew who he was before I accepted the plan.” Judith said sharply. Then she looked at Tony before continuing, “Or, do you have any problems with…”
“No.” He cut her off before she completed her statement. “Things would go as planned.”
“Okay. That’s great. Waiter!” Ayo said with his right hand in the air.
………………..

They left the restaurant at about 9pm, and drove in a convoy till they got to the end of Ozumba Mbadiwe road at Bonny Camp, where Judith went left with her blue Mini Cooper, and Ayo and Tony made the right turn.
Tony brought out his phone and read the text message again. Just last week, he was broke without any hope of getting money, now he had a million Naira in his bank account. And starting tomorrow, Ayo was going to begin the operation on getting his book on the best seller list on Amazon. It was so surreal. Everything he ever wanted was about to start falling in place, but instead of feeling happy, he was scared. It was like he was in a sports car that was moving too fast and he felt he was going to crash.
“So I’m guessing Ikenna was your friend?” Ayo said, ending the silence in the car.
“Yes. We lived in the same compound and I used to be at their flat all the time.”
“That’s interesting. So…what happened?”
“What happened?”
“What happened to Ikenna? And how come you didn’t recognize Judith when you saw her?”
“Judith was like 10, 11 back then. You know how girls change when they get older.” He said and went quiet afterwards. Ayo took quick glances at him wanting him to answer the other question, but he was silent for the rest of the drive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2016
Chapter 2

Tony was sitting in his living room, with his head down as he scribbled away. He was using a paint bucket as a stool as he listed all the things he was going to do that day. He was set to meet Judith in the evening, but right now, he had a lot of planning to do. When Ayo dropped him off yesterday, he had reminded him what the one million Naira was for. And right now, Tony was ready to upgrade himself in the shortest time possible.

On the floor next to him was a glass cup filled with milk, and next to the cup was a small green bottle, with Sabrina written on it. The alcohol content in that that small green bottle was enough to knockout a 300 pound man if taken down at once. Tony usually mixed half of it with a glass of milk whenever he wanted to get a quick buzz without getting drunk. One of his many cheap ways of getting intoxicated.
They were nine items on his list now, and he leaned back to examine them while he played with is goatee. After a few minutes of brainstorming, he picked up his glass cup, took a sip from it and got off his seat. He went over to the wall and unplugged his phone and walked over to look out his living room window. He dialed a number and waited for the line to be picked up. “Hey!” He said when the line got connected.
“What’s up bros? Are you ready now?
“Come on, Efe, no proper greeting, you just jump into business mood.”
“Bros Tony, you know how much I need this.”
“Hmm! Well, today is your lucky day.”
“What? Are you for real? Are you...”
“Efe, is your Dad home?”
“Yes! Yes he is!”
Tony laughed a little before saying, “I’ll be at your place in 30 minutes.” He disconnected the line and looked up at the ceiling for a couple of seconds before heading to his room.

………………..

Tony stared at the car in awe for a few minutes in silence before saying, “The picture didn’t do it justice. It is a beauty.”
“I won’t be caught dead in it.” The short and plump guy next to Tony said.
“Efe, are you kidding me?” Tony said as he hurried over to the front of the car.
“No I’m not.”
“This is a classic.” Tony said as he bent over to check the tires of the car. “The Mercedes Benz W123, popular called Regular Benz in Nigeria.” He added.
“Well, Bros I am 21 years old, and all I want right now is the Camry my Dad promised to get me if I can sell this car.”
“How did he keep it this clean?”
“He rarely took it out, and he changed all the tires a couple of months ago.”
“The body is so clean.” He said as he opened the car and got into it. “Whoa! Even the upholstery is super clean.”
“Yea, my Dad kept his cars in top condition.”
“I’m buying it right now. Let’s go talk to your Dad.”
“Are you for real? You mean, like right now?”
“Yes, I told I was ready didn’t I? I am…” Tony was saying and paused when his phone started ringing. He brought it out and saw it was Judith. He picked up immediately. “Hey, what’s up?” He said into the receiver.
“How are you doing?”
“Fine.”
“Tony, I know we were meant to meet later in the evening, but I don’t know if we can see now.”
“Right now?”
“Yes. I am driving out of my estate right now. I could be in Idimu in about an hour. That’s where you live, right?”
“Yes.” Tony said and looked at his watch. “Okay. One hour is good by me.”
“Cool.”
“Do you know how to get here?”
“Yea, I shot a movie at the 4 Square camp over there earlier this year.”
“Oh, cool then. I’ll text you my address.”
“Okay. See you in a bit.” She said and the line went dead.
Tony was lost in thought for a few seconds, and then his face settled on the blue Mercedes Benz in front of him and a smile appeared on his face. He looked at Efe and said, “Let’s go see your Dad.”
They got out of the garage and entered the main house. As they walked into entrance a man, probably in his late 50s walked down the stairs. He had on sky blue safari suit and a newspaper was in his hand. “Daddy, this is my friend that wants to buy the Benz.”
The man’s eyebrows went up as he scrutinized his son and Tony. Without a word, he sat on a cane chair in the little area before the living room. The two men stood there, looking dejected. Then he a smile appeared on his face and then he laughed. “So, you finally found someone? You really want to get that Camry.”
“By any means necessarily Dad.”
“Okay. So, when is he going to pay for it?”
“Right now, Dad.”
“Right now? The whole 300 thousand? That’s interesting.” The man said with a frown on his face.
“Yea, he would transfer the money to your account and we would sign the necessarily papers.”
“Hmm! Okay. Let’s get it on with.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2016
Chapter 3

As he drove back home with the car, his mind went back to 1994 when he used to steal his Dad’s Benz and go check on girls. Apart from the nostalgic way he was feeling, he just couldn’t believe how much his life had changed in the last 24 hours. A smile appeared on his face as he revved up the engine and sped through the highway.

He had totally forgotten that Judith was coming over till her call came in. “Hey Judith, where are you now.” He said.
“What’s up? I am almost in your area.”
“Okay, where exactly are you?”
“I just got down from the bridge. I’m approaching Akowonjo road.”
“Oh, nice, I’m actually at…” He was saying and then stopped to switch gears. “I am on Akowonjo road right now.”
“Really?”
“Yea, let me…Okay, I’ll stop on the side of the road.”
“Oh! You are driving?”
“Yes. I’ll be parked opposite the Mr. Biggs building. Look out for a blue Mercedes Benz.”
“Okay.” She said and the line went dead.
A man came out of his shop grumbling as Tony parked his car. The man obviously didn’t like the idea of a car blocking his goods from the view of passerby’s. Tony ignored him as he got out of his car and went over to lean on the Benz’s boot. He was about to start going through his Whatsapp messages when he saw Judith’s snow white G Wagon approaching him. She flicked the car lights before slowing down and parking behind him.

Even before she stepped out, all eyes were on her car. And then when she stepped out, all eyes were on her. She was in a simple grey top and blue jeans but there is just something about wealth; it oozes out of the people that got it.
Tony admired the grey all stars she had on her feet. He loved a girl that could pull off a tomboy look and still look sexy. They hugged and she leaned on the Benz next to him. Without thinking, he pulled her closer and left his hand permanently on her waist. “What’s up? You wanted to discuss something with me?” He said with an expressionless face.
“Yea…I actually brought you some food.”
“Oh, really?”
“Yes. I got the coolers in the car.”
“Coolers? Interesting.”
“Let’s go to your place. I’ll drive behind you.” She said and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. It was so fast Tony didn’t know what happened. He saw people gathering and murmuring all over the place as he made his way to the car. He just couldn’t imagine what celebrities had to go though on a daily basis. Judith flashed her headlights at him to signal she was ready to move, and he fired up his engine.

………………..

Tony dropped the two coolers he had in his hand on the center table and switched on the fan. She sat on the chair closest to the door and bent down to untie her laces. She looked up when she was done with a mischievously look on her face.
“What?” Tony said.
“Nothing. I’m just…I’m just imagining all the girls that most have sat in this sit.” She said and ran her hands through the arms of the chairs.
“Well, unfortunately, not that many.”
“Hmm! Why do I find that hard to believe.”
“Why?”
“Well, obviously, you are tall, dark, and…” She was saying and completed her sentence with a wink.
“Yea, right.” He said sarcastically.
She looked at him for a while before saying,“But you do know a lot of girls are going to be throwing themselves at you from now on.”
“Hmm!”
“Yep! Whatever you do, just don’t get with a loud mouth.”
“Judith, girls are the last thing on my mind right now.”
She chuckled before saying, “We shall see.”
After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, Tony leaned over to open the cooler. “So, what do you have in here?” He said as he turned the lid of the cooler. “Oh! Jollof rice. Nice.” He added.
“Yea, I…I actually wanted bring you pounded yam too, but I didn’t know which soup you liked.” She said.
Tony opened the second cooler and pulled out a chicken lap. “Nice.” He said as he took a bite from the drumstick. “This is really yummy.”
“Yea, Nkechi fries them real good.”
“Nkechi?”
“Yea, sorry, I didn’t cook the food. Nkechi is the lady I use at my movie sets.”
“Hmm!”
“You know I also produce movies, and have to feed all the actors on set daily.”
“Ok I understand.” Tony said, with his eyes down the cooler. “There’s about a dozen pieces of chicken in here.”
“Yea, about 15 pieces actually…14 now.”
“Nice.” He said as he chewed on the chicken lap. “This should last me about a week.”
“Today is Thursday right? I’ll come over with food on Thursdays and Sundays. Is that okay by you?”
“Okay? It is more than okay.” He said as he turned the chicken around, looking for where next to sink his teeth in. After two more bites, it was just bone left, and he got off the couch and walked out the living room. He came back wiping his hand with tissue paper. “I’m very sorry; I didn’t ask what you would like to drink.”
“Do you have Sprite?”
“Okay. Give me one second.” He said and went close to his window and shouted out. “Alfred! Alfred!” A little boy of about 9 years old appeared at the window and Tony said some things to him as he handed him cash. The boy nodded and ran off.
With a smile on her face, Judith said, “You know, this just reminded me of when you and Ikenna would send me on errands back in the days.”
“Oh, really?” Tony said, still standing by the window.”
“Yes. You used to have that yellow tall girl at our house.” Judith frowned before adding “What’s her name? Her house was down the street, next to the hospital.”
Tony laughed a little before answering, “Subomi?”
“Yes. I hated that girl.”
“Oh my God. You just brought back memories.” He said as he opened the window and collected a bottle of Sprite and a bottle of coca cola from the little boy. He placed the bottles on the table, still laughing, he said, "I’ll be right back.” He left for a few seconds and came back with two glass cups and a bottle opener. “It’s quite funny you would bring her up. I ran into her a couple of months ago.” He said as he opened the drinks.
“Really?”
“Yes; at the mall. She was with her husband and two kids.”
“Interesting.” She said and poured herself a glass full of Sprite. She took a sip from it before adding, “And here I am with you.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Chummypinky(f): 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
fantasticc............more greez tooooo ur elbow,more mb too ur fone......nyc story

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
Chummypinky:
fantasticc............more greez tooooo ur elbow,more mb too ur fone......nyc story

Thanks my number 1. fan. I really appreciate your praises. I'll post more chapters soon.
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Chapter 4

Tony lay in bed and stared at his phone screen in disbelief. It was really happening, he thought to himself. His book sales had gone to the roof this morning, and a couple reviews were coming in already; some positive, some not so positive. He didn’t get bothered by the negative reviews because he understood that it is not possible for every reader to like a book, and also because he was sure they were original buyers, and not the ones that Ayo’s contact had worked out.

A kid hit his head on Tony’s window while playing outside and was wailing and crying out loud. The crying got on Tony’s nerves after a few minutes. He jumped off his bed and moved to the living room.

Power got restored and the ceiling fan in his parlor started a slow spin, till it reached maximum speed and the individual blades were almost impossible to see. He lay down his phone on the table and tried to clear his mind for a while as he sat on the couch. He was dozing off when he heard a knock at the door.

He wasn’t expecting anyone, and he instinctively started panicking. He thought it was the landlord, or someone from Lagos Waste Management Authority, or any of the other persons he was owing money. And then he remembered he now had money, and he walked boldly to the door. “Who is it?” He said out loud.

“It’s the Jehovah Witness. Open up.” A male voice said.
Tony sighed before opening the door. “Very funny. Why didn’t you call?” He said as she shook his friend.
“Oh, I have to call before coming over now?” Ayo said as he walked into the house. “You are a star now, right?” He added.
“Haha! Very funny.” Tony said before going over to the wall to plug his phone. “What’s up?”
“I went to drop off the house key with my wife and decided to see what’s up with my champ.” He said and playfully punched Tony, several times, lightly on the shoulder. “How are the sales so far?”
Tony’s eyes grew bigger as he said, “Insane. It’s scary. I think we have started getting natural sales too.”
“On the first day? That’s super great.”
“Yes. I still can’t believe this is actually happening.”
“Oh! Trust me; this is just the beginning of how your life would change.” Ayo said as he loosened his tie. “Umm! By the way. I wanted to ask you something.”
“What?”
“Have you heard from Sade since that day?”
“Sade?”
“Yea, the girl I brought here the…”
“Oh, sorry. I almost forgot about her. No. No, I haven’t heard from her.”
“Hmm! She hasn’t been picking my calls.”
“What’s her story?”
“Rich kid. She stays alone in one of those service flats in Ikoyi.”
“Hmm!”
“She works for that new Telecommunication Company.”
“123?”
“Yea, anyway, I really want to…please, can you call her for me?”
“Ayo, I don’t think…”
“Please, just tell her I miss her and really want to see her.” Ayo said and walked across the room to unplug his friend’s phone from the wall. He punched in some numbers, put the phone to his ear, and then handed it over to Tony, “It’s ringing.” He said.
Tony hesitated for a while, and then collected the phone from his friend. A few seconds later, he said “Hello!”
“Hi” The sweet sounding feminine voice on the other side said.
“Hey, this is Tony. Umm!” He was saying and got short of words. Ayo was standing in front of him motioning with his hands for Tony to keep the conversation going. “You slept over at my place last week.” Tony added and waited.
There was uncomfortable silence on the line for a few seconds before Sade said, “Oh, Tony. Whoa! I was just thinking about you.”
“Really?”
“Oops! I shouldn’t have said that out loud, but yes. How are you doing?”
“Fine. Well, actually, Ayo is here with me and wanted to…He wanted to see how you are doing.”
“I see.” She said as her disposition changed.
“He actually gave me your number to call you.”
There was silence for a few seconds again, and then Sade spoke. “Does he know we…”
“No.” Tony said cutting her off.
“Hmm! Okay.”
“Umm! He wants to speak with you, should I…?”
“No. I don’t want to talk to him right now.” She said sharply.
“Hmm! So…”
“Oops! My boss is staring at me.”
“Oh!”
“I got to go. Text me your address, I wanna see tonight.” She said and the line went dead.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
Apart From The Deal, I Think Judith Reali Loves Tony..... Nd Dhat Shade Iz Gonna Be A Problem

3 Likes

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Daeveed:
Apart From The Deal, I Think Judith Reali Loves Tony..... Nd Dhat Shade Iz Gonna Be A Problem

wink Well, let's see how things go.
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Chummypinky(f): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
u re right,sade will be a big problem....if tony is nt smart enough am sure he will fall in her trap again

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Chapter 5

He felt so low after his friend left. His mind was trying to handle the level of fame coming his way, now he had to keep secrets from his buddy. Ayo gets loads of girls, why would he be mad that I slept with one of them, he thought to himself. But he also saw how desperate his friend was with getting this particular girl. There is some ego shattering to learning that your friend has already scored a girl you have put on a pedestal. Yea, his friend had a wife at home, but that had never stopped his philandering ways. And Tony had never judged him, because he was one of the few friends that stuck with him through thick and thin.

Now he was lying down, staring at the ceiling, feeling guilty for not telling his friend that Sade was coming over to his place tonight. He had already sent her a text with his address, and she replied with ‘See you at 7.’
A wise man once told him, “Tony, when you are about to taste success, a lot of distractions will pop up from all angles to derail you. It is the way the universe tests if a man is really ready for success.” As much as he couldn’t deny the fact that the old man’s words made a lot of sense right now, he still couldn’t stop his mind from lusting over Sade. Her long smooth legs; her sweet voice; the spotless caramel complexioned skin; the way she moved, everything about her was just so enticing. He thought it was going to be a one-off thing, that’s why he hadn’t bothered collecting her number before she left his house last week. If Ayo hadn’t asked him to help speak with her today, he probably wouldn’t have seen her again. Now, he didn’t know how far the whole thing would go. He was confused.

Tony was willing to disappoint the two people that were about to turn his life around just to keep seeing Sade. He felt like an ungrateful son of a bitch, but at the same time, he felt alive; more alive than he had ever felt in his whole entire life.

………………..

He heard the sound of high heels click-clacking on the cement floor outside and he quickly sat up. She is here, he thought to himself. Even though they had connected real fast the last time she was at his place, he felt mighty nervous like he was on a blind date. She had said she would use the GPS in her car to locate his place about an hour ago, but he didn’t know she would really locate his place that fast. He put his phone in his breast pocket, rushed to the bathroom, and opened the tap. He quickly applied toothpaste to his toothbrush and did a 5 seconds teeth brush. He heard the knock at the door when he was putting his brush in place. As he bent down to get water in his mouth, his phone slid out his pocket and fell into the sink. “Shit!” He exclaimed as he quickly picked it up and flapped it here and there to remove the water that had gotten into it. The second round of knocks came on and he got a little more nervous. He thought for a second, and decided to remove the phone’s battery and drying it later. He quickly did so, and through it on his bed on his way to open the door for Sade.

He took a deep breath before gently opening the door. He almost had a heart attack when he saw her. “Surprise!” Judith said, holding a bottle of champagne in her hand.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chapter 6

He was sure she noticed the shock on his face, but she walked passed him ignoring it. He stood at the door for a few seconds longer before gathering himself and closing the door. “Sorry, I didn’t call. My phone is actually dead.” She said as she dropped the bottle of Moet on the table. “I spoke with Ayo about half an hour ago, and he said you were home.”
“Yea, he left here about an hour ago.” He said and tried to look as normal as possible. “So, what’s the celebration?” He asked as he picked up the champagne bottle to examine it.

“I just closed a deal.” She said as she unbuttoned her grey blazer and sat on the couch. The white camisole underneath was low plunging and Tony could see an ample amount of her breast from the angle he stood. He felt embarrassed when she caught his staring, and moved back a few steps. She looked up at him and frowned before saying, “You are not going to say anything about what I just said?”
“What? Oh, sorry! Yea, congrats.”
“Thanks.” She said and her frown changed to a smile before she added. “It is huge! I am so excited.”
“Tell me about it?” He said as he dropped the bottle on the table and bent down in front of her. His eyes were on her, but his mind was miles away.
“It’s with this independent film company in America.” She was saying and took a little time to examine the living room before continuing. “They just Okayed a $20 million dollar 20 movie deal I had proposed to them.”
“Oh, really? That’s really huge.” Tony said, sounding genuinely excited.
“Yes, I have been on this deal for months. I had almost lost hope.”
“Wow!”
“I’m so excited!” She said and punched the air in a sign of victory. “The movies would be restricted to Amazon Prime, but it is still a really good deal.” She added.

Tony remembered his phone was still uncoupled, and he quickly excused himself and left for the room. In there, he flapped the phone here and there a few times before putting the pieces together. He waited for a few seconds when the phone came on, expecting a text message, but he didn’t get any. He quickly dialed Sade’s number and waited for her to pick. First ringing session was over, no pick. He dialed two more times, and she still didn’t pick up.

He walked slowly to the parlor, met with a smile on Judith’s face. The smile didn’t disappear, even though it was probably clear on his face that something was wrong. “What time are you expecting her?” Judith said, still with the smile on her face.
“What?” Tony retorted in a puzzled manner as he leaned on the wall opposite her.
“It is obvious you are expecting someone, and I am sure it can’t be a guy.”
Tony let out a sigh of relief before saying, “I don’t know, but any moment from now.”
“Okay.” Judith said and started getting up to leave.
“You don’t have to go just yet.” He said as he approached her.
“Tony, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have come unannounced. I was just so charged up.”
“It’s alright.” He said and held her by her shoulders. “Don’t worry; I won’t let you down on the deal. We are going to spend a lot of quality time together as from tomorrow.” She looked at him and he noticed a little disgust in her face at what he said. She removed his hands and smoothened out her blazer before heading towards the door.

“Tony, I’ll call you tomorrow.” She said and was about to open the door when Tony pulled her back.
“Wait.” He said and held her by her elbow. “I’m sorry.”
She laughed a little before saying, “Sorry?” You have done nothing wrong.
“Are you sure?” He said, still holding her hand. She was about to say something when they heard a sweet singing voice getting closer and closer. Judith dropped her head, and sat back in the couch. Tony scratched his head for a few seconds before going to open the door.
“Hallo!” Sade said, tapped Tony’s cheek and walked into the house. “Oops!” She said when she saw a lady seated in the living room.
Judith looked up with a warm smile to greet the girl standing in front of her, and then she covered her face and chuckled before saying, “You got to be shitting me.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Enthralling piece, thumbs up. That awkward moment when you see someone you least expected to see grin ride on!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Missmossy:
Enthralling piece, thumbs up. That awkward moment when you see someone you least expected to see grin ride on!!

Yup!
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by QueenEKAMMA(f): 12:23am On Sep 08, 2016
THANKS GUY, PLEASE UPLOAD MORE COS I CAN'T WAIT.

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Yea... Plz Update

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Chapter 7

“Hey, Judith, what’s up?” Sade said. There was a slight slur in her voice and confusion was written all over her face. It was obvious she was trying to connect the dots, but she was lost.

“Sade, how are you doing?” Judith said as she smiled at Sade.
Tony stood there confused; his eyes went from sexy looking Sade in a flower patterned navy blue blouse on black skirt, to Judith who seemed like she had everything figured out. “You guys know each other?” Tony managed to say.
“Yea.” Sade said as she sat on a couch adjacent to where Judith was.
“Yup! We still hung out on Sunday.” Judith said and then shifted her focus from Sade to Tony before saying, “Sade works with 123. I have an endorsement deal with them.”
There was an uncomfortable silence in the room for a few seconds before Sade finally laughed, and then Judith joined her in the laughter. “This is really quite awkward, I must say.” Sade said and looked up at Tony, “It was at her aunt’s place in Palm Avenue I parked my car the night I…” She was saying and then stopped to laugh some more.
“Okay. I think it’s time for me to leave.” Judith said after another prolonged silence. She got off her seat and smiled at Sade before adding, “Sade, I’ll see you around. Tony, I’ll call you. Bye guys.” She said and cupped Sade’s face in her hand for a quick second before walking to the door. Tony walked behind her and Judith quickly turned around at the door to face him, “No need walking me to the gate.” She said with a smile.
“Okay. I’ll call you.” Tony said and Judith chuckled before turning around and walking away.
Sade was on her feet when Tony turned around. “For a moment there, I thought I had walked into a movie set or something.”
“Funny.” Tony said and scratched his head. He was face to face with her now, and he looked into her eyes, but it was clear her mind had wondered off. He held her face in his hands and then she focused on him, and removed his hands.
“Why exactly was Judith here?” She asked as she moved a few feet backward.
“Sade, it is very complicated.”
“Complicated?” She said, squeezing up her face before sitting back on the couch. The room was quiet for a few seconds and then she said. “Tony, I know I have no rights asking you why she was here.” She was saying then paused to remove her bag from her back on the couch before adding, “Yea, I am just the one night stand experience you had, but…”
“Don’t say that.” He said cutting her off.
“You seemed like a really nice guy, and I just wanted to be your friend.” She said as she slowly rubbed her neck. “You know, I was thinking maybe I could be a good girl again, and whatever comes out of it comes out of it”.” She continued. She stopped rubbing her neck after a while and looked straight at Tony before saying, “But, you have to tell me what exactly you have with Judith.”
Tony sighed before saying, “Sade, it is complicated. I can’t tell you.”
Her stern look turned to disappointment, and then she got off the couch. “I think it is best I leave.” Tony wanted to beg her to stay, but he knew she wasn’t the same person that walked through the door a few minutes ago. All the energy in her had been drained, and it would be worthless asking her to stay. They walked silently out the door and as they approached the gate, she stopped for second, shook her head and continued walking.

A big rat ran from under the car beside them to the gutter, and Sade squealed and held on to Tony. She let go and laughed after a few seconds before she continued walking.

As she got into her Toyota Corolla, Tony had to fight a strong urge to ask her to stay. “So, I’ll see you around?” He said, looking down at her from where he stood.

She fired up the car engine and smiled up at him before saying, “Take care Tony.” She honked her horn twice before driving slowly out of the street.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Chummypinky(f): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
i just dislike tony.........he z so useless too himself...........

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chummypinky:
i just dislike tony.........he z so useless too himself...........
#Lol... The Guy Can't Make His Own Decisions....

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:45am On Sep 09, 2016
Chapter 8

His wet feet made a squish-squash sound as they struggled to gain friction with the sandals he had on. He had his right hand on his crotch as he walked through the wet street. It had started raining shortly after Sade left, and the rain had made his mood worse. After the rain subsided a bit, Tony decided to take a trip to his favorite bar.

As he approached the spot, he could see a couple of empty white plastic chairs outside. The people seated there before had probably gone inside the inner bar when the rain started. He rose up his left hand and flattened out his palm to gauge the intensity of the rain. It had come down to a slight drizzle. As he took his seat outside the bar, Lizzy came out and said, “Bros, come inside na!”
“No, don’t worry, I don’t mind the rain.” He said and she looked at him for a few seconds confused, before a smile appeared on her face. She nodded and headed back into the main bar. She reappeared a few seconds later with a bottle of Big Stout in her hand. As she opened the bottle, foam oozed out and she quickly lifted it off the table and let the content drip to the floor.

“Sorry.” She said to Tony with a smile on her face. Tony smiled back at her as she cleaned the little mess on the table with a napkin she picked from an empty pain bucket next to wall. If it were anyone else but her, he would have reacted differently, but she was the sole reason he usually hung out at this bar. Although considering social status, she wasn’t someone he would ever consider dating, the sight of her alone made him happy. Of course she had some of the physical attributes he liked in a woman like big breasts, brown complexion, and a slim figure, but it was her temperament that caught his fancy.

Being someone with constant mood swings, he was always delighted every time he came to the bar and saw her lively and full of spirit without being flirty with the customers.

The rain had completely stopped now and people had started coming back out, one by one. Lizzy came out and he signaled to her by raising up his index finger that he needed another bottle. She smiled at him before heading back inside. Just then, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He found out it was Ayo calling him when he pulled it out. After staring at the phone for an obsessively long time, he silenced it, and put it back in his jeans pocket.

………………..

Slowly, the outside bar that had been crowded after the rain began to get empty. Before long, it was just Tony and one other customer outside. Then it was just Tony outside with a few people inside. His fourth bottle was almost empty when they started stacking the plastic chairs on top of each other; indirectly telling people they were about to close.

Lizzy was picking up a couple of empty bottles from the tables around him as he drank the remaining content of his cup. He pulled her back by the waist as she was rushing off with the bottles. A brief smile appeared on her face which was quickly replaced by a blank look. He brought out a wad of money from his left breast pocket and handed three five hundred Naira notes over to her. She collected it, did a little mental calculation before putting the money in the pouch around her waist and handing Tony his change.

As he got up, ready to head home, he felt his phone buzz again. When he checked it out, it was Ayo calling him again. He muted the phone, waved at Lizzy and her colleagues as he walked away from the bar.

He passed the long route home as he wanted to get noodles to eat. He was approaching the supermarket when he saw two guys from his street that liked to make fun of his skinny physique. They were college kids that had gotten a flat two houses away from Tony’s on the same side of the street.

They started laughing after mumbling some words between each other. He was a few feet from them now, and he went over to the edge of the street and slowly picked up a plank that was put over the gutter to help people cross it. He took a deep breath as he headed towards the guys. From the reflection of the moon, he could see they were scared as he approached them, but their egos didn’t allow them run.

He smiled before hitting the chubby one on the face with the plank. The guy shrieked before falling to the floor, and started turning around in pain. The other teen was a little bit built, and had his fists up, ready to fight Tony, but his hands were shaky and he kept looking back at his friend on the floor. With all the anger in him, Tony hit him with a right hand punch that made the guy stagger backwards, but he still had his fists up. And then Tony hit him with another right jab, and then a left, and then another right, and then…

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Chapter 9

He woke up with a bad headache. The unrealistic dream he was having started fading away with every person second as he tried to make sense out of it. Then he heard what had woken him; a knock at his window. He knew the person must be someone that knew his apartment well enough to know where his room window was. He quickly sat up in bed and tried to gather his thoughts before answering whoever it was. He saw a bowl with few strands of noodles left in it on the floor by the bed; next to that was an empty bottle of water. He concluded that he had blanked out yesterday; because he could not even remember buying the noodles, talk less of cooking it. Then his mind went back to the fight.
“Bros Tony.” A familiar voice called his name out, distorting his thoughts. Just as he wanted to answer his neighbor, he heard a lot of footsteps outside, and a lot of murmuring getting closer and closer to his window. “Where is he? Let him come out.” He heard someone shout, and then the person banged hard on his window. Tony stayed silent on the bed as he tried to listen to what was being discussed outside, and then many more hands started knocking on all the windows of his house. He heard someone say, “This guy go die today.” He peeped out his window and fear gripped him when he saw about half a dozen heavily built guys in their early twenties, looking like they were ready to give him the beating of his life.

He panicked as he wasn’t sure the extent of damage he did to the guys he had fought yesterday night. The murmuring got louder, and people were shouting his name out loud now, asking for him to come out. He ran to the toilet and locked the door. Just as he was thinking about what next to do, his phone rang. It was Ayo. He picked up immediately. “Ayo. Thank God!” Tony shouted into the receiver.
“Hey, Bukkie just called me. She said…”
“Ayo, I am in deep shit.” Tony said, cutting off his friend. The goons outside had started breaking the windows and trying to break down the door.
“What happened? Bukkie said a lot of people were gathered outside your house.”
“I went to drink yesterday and got into a fight.”
“Oh shit! I thought you had piped down on the drinking.”
“Ayo, this is serious. These guys are like cult members or something.”
“Shit! I’m far away.” Ayo said and paused before saying, “I’ll make a few calls. Just stay inside.”
“Okay.” Tony said and the line went dead.
His heart was beating fast as he imagined what the guys would do to him if they gained entrance. He didn’t know if they were any numbers he could reach the police on, and as his shaky hands typed in google.com into his phone browser, a thought came to his mind. He quickly scrolled through his phone number till he got to T, and then he slowly scrolled down, till he got to a number stored as Tunde Otega. He dialed it and the line was picked up almost immediately. The deep masculine voice on the other side said, “Hello! Tony, what’s up?”
Tony started rambling on and on about what had happened and the fact that they had almost broken down the door. The guy kept repeating, “Calm down! Calm down!” When Tony finally stopped talking, he asked, “How many are they?”
“About 6, or 7, I am not so sure.”
“Okay. I’m on my way.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Chummypinky(f): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
money na bad thing,they shuld beat him too death
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello... Any More Updates Today??
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
Daeveed:
Hello... Any More Updates Today??

Nope. Till tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2016
Oga Kayo what's happening hope you're alright... We are waiting for the update sir

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2016
Carlisle:
Oga Kayo what's happening hope you're alright... We are waiting for the update sir

Sorry, I got robbed on Lagos-Ibandan express yesterday. I'll update later in the afternoon.
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chapter 10

About 20 minutes had gone by, and the chaos was still going on outside with no help in sight. Tony was sitting on the toilet floor, glad his landlord had gotten a metal door for the entrance of his apartment. His heart still beat at alarming rate, but he had hope help was on the way.

He was going through his phonebook again when he heard the sound of car tires screeching on concrete outside, and then there was silence. A few seconds later, there was a little shouting, before gun shots rang in the air. Tony counted about 5 shots and then everywhere became silent again.

About ten seconds later, he heard a knock at the door with a familiar voice calling his name and asking him to open up. He breathed a sigh of relief before heading to the door. He saw his friend; Tunde Otega wearing a white caftan. Behind him were three mean looking military men with AK 47 rifles hanging from their sholders. “Thank God!” Tony said as he shook and hugged his 6 ft 7 tall, heavily built friend.
“You have to leave.” One of the soldiers said and they all walked rapidly out of the compound. On the street was a pickup truck, and a silver colored Toyota Avalon. The military men got into pickup truck and Tony and Tunde were about to get into the Toyota when a Mercedes Benz SUV started approaching slowly from the other end of the street. The soldiers jumped back out of the car, but Tony told them it was no problem, that it was someone he knew.
Judith parked haphazardly on the street, jumped out of her car and ran out to hug him. They were still in an embrace when one of the soldiers backed out. “Let us leave here!”
“Tony, we need to go. Now!” Tunde said, urging his friend along. He got into his car and Judith and Tony got into the Mercedes G Class. First, the pickup drove out, then the Mercedes, and then the Avalon. Judith didn’t say anything as she concentrated on keeping up with the top speed the pickup in front of her was driving at.

After about 5 minutes of high speed driving through the streets of Lagos, the pickup started slowing down, and then stopped at a filling station totally out of Tony’s neighborhood. The two cars parked behind it. Tunde got out of his car and went to say some things to the men in the pickup, and then they drove off. Tony stepped out of the car as his friend walked back to them. The two men spoke for a couple of minutes, and then shook hands before departing. Tony got in the car, and his huge friend waved at Judith before heading to his car. “Let’s go to your place.” Tony said and Judith nodded without saying a word.

She hadn’t driven for more than two minutes when her hands started shaking. It was like the adrenaline rush she had gotten earlier had faded off. After a few seconds, she parked the car on the side of the highway and jumped out of the car.
Tony got out of the car and watched for a few seconds as Judith walked back and forth, shaking all the time, and then he walked over to hold her in an embrace. “Why? Why did you do it?” She said between sobs. “You could have been killed.”
“I’m sorry.” He said as he rubbed her back gently.
“You have to work on your drinking problem.” She said, looking up at him. He looked into her eyes, and what he saw was genuine love. They searched each others eyes before they finally locked lips and kissed passionately. After a few seconds of kissing, they disentangled, looked around at the busy high way and laughed in unison.

Just then, a motorcycle pulled up in front of them. Tony instinctively shielded Judith as one of the men jumped off the bike and approached them, with a menacing look on his face. He reached behind him, as his hand came up, the sun rays bounced off the metal in his hand. A shot rang out, and Tony staggered back with his hand on his stomach. The guy tried to fire another shot, but it appeared the gun had jammed as all he got was a ‘clicking; sound. He tried a few more times with no success before he jumped on the bike and they zoomed off.

Judith stood still there in shock as Tony held on to the grill of the SUV and tried to stand up. Blood had stained his grey shirt now and he was gasping for air. After a while, he fell to the floor.

There was silence for a few seconds before Judith’s scream pierced the air.

End of book 2

Go here for book 3- https://www.nairaland.com/3385929/me-book-3-romance-novelette

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
I will start posting Book 3 next week Sunday. One day one of my book will sha reach front page. I ain't giving up yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
The End??
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Osaze20091: 12:47am On Sep 12, 2016
Lol,Bro you are the best for us ..i just dont know how i will know when you wanna start the part 3 ...ride on

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Osaze20091:
Lol,Bro you are the best for us ..i just dont know how i will know when you wanna start the part 3 ...ride on

Thanks. I will start posting part three on Sunday night.
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2016
Daeveed:
The End??

Book 3 is coming.
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Daeveed(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2016
kayo80:

Book 3 is coming.
Owk...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download This Free Ebook On How To Browse The Internet Free Of Charge / Nigerian Babes Read More Novels Than Nigerian Guys / Where Do You Go To Buy Your Novels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.