Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs (8636 Views)

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Who Runs Scan On Vehicles In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by AutoJoshNG: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2016
Car troubles are inevitable, Cars are machines, machines breaks down...today's cars are more like computers on wheels. There is a computer that controls most car functions ranging from the ignition, spark and other engine components to the body system. When you encounter a drivability problem, like engine jerking, under-performance etc, it is always better to run an auto scan on the engine or any part you may suspect is the cause of the problem.

Advantages of the scan includes the fact that it would help you save money, your mechanic won't have to do guess work as he can now pin point exactly where the problem is coming from, some faults are majorly computer electronic in nature and only a scan tool can fix it.... So Guys, running a scan should be the first step in fixing so many car problems.

http://autojosh.com/why-you-need-to-run-a-scan-on-your-vehicle-before-repairs-by-muizz/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by venom13(m): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
grin Finally I break record first to comment WoW
Well I drive a Old Car there is nothing to scan on a Nigerian used car grin

5 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by admax(m): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
The freaking nauseating mechanics have been messing with my car and I am not comfortable with the engine sound.

I will have it scanned this weekend and from my findings it's between 5k - 20k depending on the auto shops.

Nice one OP
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
C grin
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by veekid(m): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
No be person wey don chop Belle full for this buhari change na hm go get money buy car?

Okada abeg; no be here ah dey go
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Hysmady(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Noted...Would apply when I own a car wink
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Do you know how much MRI scan on car cost?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by NameChecker: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Scanning of vehicle before repairs? Who does the payment?
If the mechanic can find a solution, that's his headache

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
Very necessary.
I had hydraulic leak,
My dashboard was showing "check"

I was worried,
I don't want guys to finger my clean ride.
thank God my mechanic don upgrade,
He told me that we have to run a diagnostic test. ..... It saved me time and money.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Lahotte(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
hmmm
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by GMBuhari: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
It's nothing
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Lahotte(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
You would have gotten to certain standards before you can readily use these stuffs...

They are expensive services.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Emarc16(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
plz who has the scanner I want to scan my G-wagon it stopped moving today

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
ok
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by McBrooklyn(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Who Scanning Epp?? We're in Nigeria and it's not like we're now in America angry

Mechanics are the only scanner we have here in Nigeria cool

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by xier: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
Car troubles are inevitable, Cars are machines, machines breaks down...today's cars are more like computers on wheels. There is a computer that controls most car functions ranging from the ignition, spark and other engine components to the body system. When you encounter a drivability problem, like engine jerking, under-performance etc, it is always better to run an auto scan on the engine or any part you may suspect is the cause of the problem.

Advantages of the scan includes the fact that it would help you save money, your mechanic won't have to do guess work as he can now pin point exactly where the problem is coming from, some faults are majorly computer electronic in nature and only a scan tool can fix it.... So Guys, running a scan should be the first step in fixing so many car problems.

http://autojosh.com/why-you-need-to-run-a-scan-on-your-vehicle-before-repairs-by-muizz/

Do you scan cars and if yes, where I your location and how much? I have had this 'maintenance required' on my dash board for more than a year so will like to check it out
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by McBrooklyn(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
Emarc16:
plz who has the scanner I want to scan my G-wagon it stopped moving today

L-O-L grin grin

G-Wagon Or Leg Wagon cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by xier: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2016
Can someone please advise of a good place in Lagos where I can scan my car and possible price. You can also help with their number if you have it please
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by hUmaneOne: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2016
NameChecker:
Scanning of vehicle before repairs? Who does the payment?
If the mechanic can find a solution, that's his headache

Anyways, a car owner will not agree with what you've written grin
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Emarc16(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
McBrooklyn:

L-O-L grin grin

G-Wagon Or Leg Wagon cheesy
your joke funny me die I just dey laugh nigga...yeye
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Lexusgs430: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
admax:
The freaking nauseating mechanics have been messing with my car and I am not comfortable with the engine sound.

I will have it scanned this weekend and from my findings it's between 5k - 20k depending on the auto shops.

Nice one OP

Since you don't intend selling the vehicle yet and it's OBD11 compliant.
Why not invest in a scanner?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Ade001ng(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Call this number, 07039415871... The price is 5k.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by honmusa(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
xier:

Do you scan cars and if yes, where I your location and how much? I have had this 'maintenance required' on my dash board for more than a year so will like to check it out
Maintance required light simply a sevice indicator reminder light to alert you on the next schedule oil change
call autologic @ 08061166316 , I will give you the step by step procedure on how to reset the maintance required light.
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by NameChecker: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Thank God you said a car owner
Let hear from the car owner

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Emarc16(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ade001ng:
Call this number, 07039415871... The price is 5k.
to scan my friend Leg wagon na how much sir?
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by Lexusgs430: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
hUmaneOne:

A car owner that still values their car and that does not like wasting money on trial and errors(more errors than trials).
Vehicle visits Kazeem with toothache and gets discharged with an arm amputation.............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by honmusa(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
xier:
Can someone please advise of a good place in Lagos where I can scan my car and possible price. You can also help with their number if you have it please
Call autologic @ 08061166316 .Autologic is the best ,very accurate diagnoses and quick repair process
Location is opposite city people magazine office ,Charly boy bus stop ,along Gbagada Oshodi Expressway

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by tonywap: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
Since you don't intend selling the vehicle yet.
Why not invest in a scanner? Mp3 Download Mp3 Download
zip album download zip album download
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by joinnow: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Its better you own one scanber yourself. Also digital pressure gauge.
Scanner 6k
Pressure gauge 3k.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by joinnow: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2016

Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by demolagilbert: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
In more developed climes where these cars come from, car owners typically have their own scanners and well it's no wonder they have good used cars to export. A car owner should have his scanner, that is how you take the power out of the mechanics hands and KNOW the state your car is in rather than being TOLD the state your car is in. We sell and distribute one of such scanners. Pretty much a unit that is basic, portable and easy to use. It reads codes linked to the power-train i.e engine and the transmission for all car models made from 96 till date, excluding the diesel powered cars. It doesn't read the chassis (ABS, electronic suspension, steering systems and such) nor body codes (climate control, srs/airbags). It is on a promotional offer of only 18000NGN per unit, redeemable only in September 2016. Quote me, if you require any additional information. Regards!
Re: Why You Need To Run A Scan On Your Vehicle Before Repairs by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
admax:

Nice one OP

I work at a diagnostic firm. We charge 3k-8k. Nnewi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey And Nissan Quest. / Audi Q7 S-line 4,2 V8 FSI Versus Volkswagen Touareg R50 5,0 V10 TDI? / List your Auto Mechanic Workshop and Your Services here (mymoto.com.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.