Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll (778 Views)

Oil Leakage In Cars? These Are The Causes - Autoreportng / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by linaluv: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
the 2 fans in the engine area refuse to roll in the engine area
and also oil keeps dropping from under the engine

please i need a quick reasonable answer . a better advice on what to do,
a good mechanic aswell

all house please help me out
Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by cecegorz(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
linaluv:

a good mechanic aswell

You more likely need to get a good Mech to look the car over if you can't drive it.
I doubt the issue is a DIY stuff.

1 Like

Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by honmusa(m): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
linaluv:

a good mechanic aswell

What to do ?very simple
connect the fan to make it roll and block the oil leak in your engine.
or you pay a professional to do this for you
call autologic @ 08061166316 to do this for you .

1 Like

Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
linaluv:

a good mechanic aswell

Is your vehicle equipped with "functional" air conditioning? If yes turn it on and check if fan spins, if it spins, turn the a.c off, get a plastic chair and a newspaper, or better still scroll thru other interesting sections on Cartalk as you glance at the temp needle to ensure its not overheating and wait for the fans to spin.

If fans spin Alhamdulillah! If vehicle begins to overheat you have a problem so call the guy above.

Oil leak: in the engine bay you have powersteerning oil, transmission oil(automatic) gear oil(manual). On the suspension you have grease, and transaxle oil.

I would suggest you tell us what colour of oil is leaking and the source.

For the Oil leak source I will recommend the agbada theory grin nurey postulated a new method which I feel is more effective grin

Good luck. Call the guy above wink i

2 Likes

Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by linaluv: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
ok guys thanks to all of your contribution . i very much appreciate all your input
we finally took the car to the mechanic and they told us the car needs servicing so they changed the entire oil in the engine and also they changed a cup. the mechanic says nothing was wrong with the fans that were not rolling, the fans do not roll immediately as the engine is turned on. thats the explanation the mechanic gave to us .

the oil that was leaking is the engine oil and it appears to be coming through a cup attached to the engine(oil filter cup or whatever)the leakage was coming through the edges of the cup and so the mechanic chnged the cup and serviced the car. roughly N10,000 was spent

Thank to every one for the support and advice u gave me
Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2016
linaluv:
ok guys thanks to all of your contribution . i very much appreciate all your input
we finally took the car to the mechanic and they told us the car needs servicing so they changed the entire oil in the engine and also they changed a cup. the mechanic says nothing was wrong with the fans that were not rolling, the fans do not roll immediately as the engine is turned on. thats the explanation the mechanic gave to us .

the oil that was leaking is the engine oil and it appears to be coming through a cup attached to the engine(oil filter cup or whatever)the leakage was coming through the edges of the cup and so the mechanic chnged the cup and serviced the car. roughly N10,000 was spent

Thank to every one for the support and advice u gave me

Red flag!! grin.

Engine oil ..............
Oil filter.................
Labour charges.......

What did you pour into that engine? sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by sultaan(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Filter /cup?!

At just N10k, to say the fact I would have taken any car owner with that level of knowledge for at least N30k

Oil N5k
filter N2.5k
labor N2.5k
knowledge priceless
Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by linaluv: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
a new engine oil was poured into it after draining the old one, and so the mechanic serviced the engine and also changed the oil filter,
why did u say red flag?

was i cheated?

GAZZUZZ:

Red flag!! grin.

Engine oil ..............
Oil filter.................
Labour charges.......

What did you pour into that engine? sad
Re: Highlander 2003 Engine Oil Leakage And Fan Refuse To Roll by honmusa(m): 3:26am On Sep 07, 2016
linaluv:

a new engine oil was poured into it after draining the old one, and so the mechanic serviced the engine and also changed the oil filter,
why did u say red flag?

was i cheated?

You cheated on your engine by using the wrong oil ,2,500 oil .

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna For Sale / Eod For 700k sold / R-Truck : See The Next Generation Autonomous Truck Concept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.