Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) (5012 Views)

How Much Did You Spend On Data Subscription In 2014 ? / How Much Do You Spend On Recharge Card Daily? / Mtn Promo - Free Recharge Cards: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by snazzydawn(f): 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2005
Simple: how much do you guys spend on recharge cards and on what basis? As in daily, weekly, monthly.

For me, monthly, I spend 17 thousand naira because I make lots of calls. My job demands it.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by whiteshark(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2005
well, I buy the #3000 bumpacard and then I buy #500 worth of call credit everyday but sometimes I have to buy anoda #500 wen I have max calls to make.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by Seun(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2005
I used to spend about 500 naira per week when I was using my MTEL line, but now I have stopped using my GSM line (I will resume when I have a solid phone wink)  Besides, the MTEL line doesn't have GPRS, or I don't know how to activate MTEL GPRS, so what's the point?

I use a Multilinks line for Internet access and I pay 500 naira per day and 1500 naira per month to maintain remain online. I hardly ever make calls - in a month I might not spend up to five minutes making calls - so that's about all I spend.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by nferyn(m): 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2005
Nothing - company phone.
How custom is it in Nigeria to give company phones to employees?
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by layi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2005
The least i ever spent was zero naira for 2 weeks (when my phone was stolen).
I actually spend 10-15,000naira a month on calls. I no longer use bumpa. Its not profitable to me. I try to minimize useless calls i make cos my airtime expiry is 2017. It scares me.
I also spend 15,000 naira a month on Starcoms internet connexion . I hardly spend 5 hrs daily but the convenience is worth. I'm thinkin of changin isp cos starcomms is damn too slow.
According to statistics the average mtn user spend $54 a month. I no say some people never spend 1 dime on their phone but dem dey call pass 'customer service'. The ladies know themselves.

@nferyn
Its not that common. U'll be billed but The big companies (like chevron) gives their workers phones and offset d bills. More especially marketing executives...to aid their job.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by nike4luv(f): 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2005
recharge card?..where do u use em to call..do u use em to call places outside country and inside too?
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by IAH(f): 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2005
I think the topic should be like "How much do you spend on your phone?" or something like that because some of us don't buy recharge cards, we top up some other ways. That's why Nike doesn't know the meaning of what you are saying.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by casper(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2005
i spend over $200 in like one and a half weeks calling my girlfriend in Nigeria OMG!!!!!!!!!!! 28,000 on one girl

{well i love her that is why}
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by snazzydawn(f): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2005
@casper-good for you and lucky girl!!!
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by ahoyLT(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2005
Men, when u are self employed guy like me that uses 4 phones(due to the fact that clients always complain of not getting access to me) 2 mobile and 2 land line plus a starcomms 4 internet connection.

Right now for the internet, i spend 15k amonth, my glo i uses bundle 600, which cost 12k a month, and also my two landlines i spend nothing less than 15k and the last mobile i spend around 5k a month.

please note that it is killing xpecially when u are doing business, but i don't believe it is that expensive in other countries?

can we have comparisons.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by hotangel2(f): 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2005
U guys r wasting money oo! Hanhan! Kilode
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by nike4luv(f): 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2005
am wondering..do dey mean fone bills or recharge cards?
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by hotangel2(f): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2005
Hunnie.. u know how u fill ur phone before u can make calls in 9ja? That's wat they mean. The buy the card, input the number.. and they have new minutes.

Me fink it's like pay as u go. Buy minute all the time.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by nferyn(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2005
ahoy LT:

Men, when u are self employed guy like me that uses 4 phones(due to the fact that clients always complain of not getting access to me) 2 mobile and 2 land line plus a starcomms 4 internet connection.

Right now for the internet, i spend 15k amonth, my glo i uses bundle 600, which cost 12k a month, and also my two landlines i spend nothing less than 15k and the last mobile i spend around 5k a month.

please note that it is killing xpecially when u are doing business, but i don't believe it is that expensive in other countries?

can we have comparisons.

In Belgium, I spend €60 for a permanent cable connection to the internet (this gives me 10 Mbps down speed, 512 Kbps up speed, 4 IPs, 30 MB volume) there are cheaper product to have a permanent internet connection, but you don't have that many options
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by nike4luv(f): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2005
ok but when i want to call Nigeria or any international countries..i buy a phone card..lowest calls like £5 up till like £20 but but i use ordinary fone to call countries around britain {england, wales, scotland and ireland}

ma fone bill for contract is £30 per month and if its pay as u go (02) its £10/ week

am a real talker..just like most of us
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by IB7(f): 3:30am On Nov 28, 2005
Wow, it is sure expensive to make calls within and from nigeria.  I mean in nigerian currency which doesn't have any value compared to most currencies.  But we are talking in "terms" of nigerian hard currency in NIGERIA alone. right? Of course.  Now I understand why my family complains about not having enough minutes whenever they call me.  Now the whole family does "flashing"  which basically means they call my home or cell then hangs up.  I in turn go to the african stores and get 7 ( $5 each ) different fone cards and call them back.   Thx guys for letting me know.  My family just complains about not having enough mins. 
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by Swish(m): 4:30am On Nov 28, 2005
i'm sort of a tiht fist when it comes to that. i'd prefer call boots for regular calls and probably nuy when i'm heavy on transit movement. say 1000 a month
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by monister(f): 5:26am On Nov 28, 2005
you can buy calling cards to call nigeria from www.caribone.com or www.callingcardplus.com and you get a lot of hours to call Nigeria for really cheap..

monister
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by snazzydawn(f): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2005
ahoy LT:

can we have comparisons.
Ahoy,I don't wish I were you. shocked
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by ahoyLT(m): 8:37am On Nov 28, 2005
snazzydawn,

thanks for not being like me. It is crazy i know, but can u really help it in this country. Phone is killing. I read above some one having a contract for 30 pounds, my contract with glo is 12k, which is about US$80.00, can u see the difference and it does not even last me a month, and i don't browse on it as well as use the GRPS and MMS. All i do is phone calls and text.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by timmy(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2005
gees!! before now i never really calculated my cost expenses, but its in the braket of N8,000 monthly, im just a bit like ahoy LT, i have three phones 1 gsm and two cdma's, a mobile and a desktop.. thats for me, i bye card for my sister's (two) and my girlfriend regularly somtyms 2ice ina month and i have some regular concubines that taxes me regularly and some boke friends too.. embarassed man its sadnen nowonder MTN grossed over 150 billion in 6 months.. cry.. now im broke cry
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by ahoyLT(m): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2005
timmy that is cool. you calculated for your girl friend, for someone like me i can't determine how much i spent sending recharge cards to girls, because they are all ever demanding, and if you try to put a tab at that then u are going to loose your cool.

Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by snazzydawn(f): 11:10am On Nov 28, 2005
ahoy LT:

timmy that is cool. you calculated for your girl friend, for someone like me i can't determine how much i spent sending recharge cards to girls, because they are all ever demanding, and if you try to put a tab at that then u are going to loose your cool.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hehehehehehe!!!!can't stop laughing.Ahoy,maybe you should add me to that list of beneficiaries oooo!!!it would be a welcome relief. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by otokx(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2005
N500 a month
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by whiteshark(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2005
well lets stick with the "recharge cards" aight.. Not the ones 4 babes and internet cos if we wan talk that one, nah different matter altogether.......
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by timmy(m): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2005
na part of am now!! we must calculate all the regular expenditures ohh,as for me it really not stable cos i talk long on phone..
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by ahoyLT(m): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2005
Snazzydawn,

Its funny, but am not quite happy sending it to gals, just that u can't help. If i have to add you then i might as well go bankrupt .

Very seriously now the money we spent on recharge cards are enoumouse, as per my calculations with my babes , i believe i am spending nothing less than 70k amonth.
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by joftech(m): 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2005
In Belgium, I spend €60 for a permanent cable connection to the internet (this gives me 10 Mbps down speed, 512 Kbps up speed, 4 IPs, 30 MB volume) there are cheaper product to have a permanent internet connection, but you don't have that many options

@nferyn, that's really really cheap compared to getting 128/64kbps for $600 a month.

As for me i don't like to make phone calls. I only do when that's the last and only available option.
I spend less than N100 a month at times.

I mostly chat/e-mail, it's cheaper and the benefits are abundant.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by dejiolowe: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2005
I spend around N25K a month on post-paid and 40 Euros on Skype. Thanks to Skype; my IDD bills would have sent me out of town...

But when are these naija telcos going to offer us what others enjoy outside the country. I am talking about proper contract lines where you can get a phone and some decently cheap rates for minutes in a month. Vmobile already offer something close to that (without the phones o!) but the rest are sitting tight. I know friends of mine, who with 28 pounds, talk for life on their phones.
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by timmy(m): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2005
well i also know a guy who spends as high as you deji, but thats from his own undoing, he talks so slowly over phone, not rushing him self and we even gist(as in real gist) over phone.. the longest we spoke somtimes was 1 hr 23 min (\imagine) my ears where hot shocked tank goodness my phone was new then, my batterylife was up and active who know what would ave happened.. grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2005
uhm...well for me i'm crazy about my phone, it's my baby. nowadays i don't feel comfortable moving about with my phone if there's no credit in it to at least send a few texts (and i text alot). so i'm regularly buying the #500 glo cards, just like i'm regualarly coming online. how much i spend doing so or how i do it is a miracle (just like alam of bayelsa state grin grin grin)
Re: How Much Do You Spend on Recharge Cards? (Phone Cards) by snazzydawn(f): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Phone With Good Camera / What is the Best Mifi To Use In Nigeria / PUK Code For My SIM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.