Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? (48240 Views)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by evolg(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
An incident at an airport really put me off.

This one time I was traveling by a certain airline - lets call it Amirates. My flight was going to be more than 24 hours, so lets just say I was very comfortably dressed. Now I enter the airport and started walking towards the business class queue to check in my luggage. One of the staff members approaches me and tells me please join another line - the one for Economy Class passengers. I wouldn’t have had an issue but I had paid for this ticket and I did not find that reasonable. I let him know that I was heading to the correct queue. He asked me to show my ticket. I did. He says he’s sorry, puts on those happy faces, says a thing or two and tells me to have a pleasant flight.

While this might not be a big deal, I really felt bad that how people have this biased perspective on how rich and successful people are supposed to look and behave and would not accept that looks do not define a person.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Has-someone-treated-you-poorly-until-they-discovered-you-were-wealthy-and-or-successful

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by greatnaija01: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
well you are right BUT thats just the way it is. we are in this country n thats our only CRIME.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
I don't know about wealthy but I went to buy kids' shoes and socks, I entered a certain kind of shop my friend recommended . She told me that they sell quality stuffs but quite pricey. When I picked a pair and I inquired about the price, the shop owner took a glance and responded " it's expensive ". I repeated " madam how much is it? ", she responded with " that shoe is 3k last ". I gave her a piece of my mind, dropped 3k on her table and threw the tiny shoes into my hand bag. I didn't bother checking out her socks. She was gushing out apology but I was already on my way.

I was a student and looked like one, so she assumed that I won't know the value of original kid's shoes or be able to pay for one.

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SlowlybtSurely: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that of being from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "Yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin

422 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that I'm from a wealthy background. Them no know say shishi no gum me.

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin

aaargh!
I can relate...Cc: IAmCharis

7 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Bisjosh(f): 5:50am On Sep 02, 2016
First of all, u dress the way u wanna be addressed.

I have never been in that situation before.
though I dress good but many don't know how wealthy I am.

Modesty I guess... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 02, 2016
PaperLace:

aaargh! I can relate...Cc: IAmChar is
Hahaha I see...
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:
I don't know about wealthy but I went to buy kids' shoes and socks, I entered a certain kind of shop my friend recommended . She told me that they sell quality stuffs but quite pricey. When I picked a pair and I inquired about the price, the shop owner took a glance and responded " it's expensive ". I repeated " madam how much is it? ", she responded with " that shoe is 3k last ". I gave her a piece of my mind, dropped 3k on her table and threw the tiny shoes into my hand bag. I didn't bother checking out her socks. She was gushing out apology but I was already on my way.

I was a student and looked like one, so she assumed that I won't know the value of original kid's shoes or be able to pay for one.
so because of 3k the seller was so rude?I'm sure she's a sales girl not eve the owner OF the supermarket. Anyway thats how sellers are.they judge you based on your outward appearance. Meanwhile you will see some ladies wearing wigs of 70k and they don't even have 10 naira in their bags yet people will be looking at them like they have millions

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Bisjosh:
First of all, u dress the way u wanna be addressed.

I have never been in that situation before.
though I dress good but many don't know how wealthy I am.

Modesty I guess... grin
abeg abeg abeg. That line is so Africanish.Mark zukerburg that came to Lagos who is worth billions of dollars came from one continent wearing shirt and jeans. If an African was worth that much we no go hear word.agbada flowing everywhere, sycophantic dancers hailing and all sort of craps that will inflate his ego

On several occasions which I later realised I have unknown walked by millionaires in just jeans shirt and palm slippers meanwhile the bank workers that earn 60k a month will wear designer suits looking like they own the world

If you judge people by how they look outwardly you will miss a lot of opportunities

My mom and I were jisting some time ago and she said millionaires, billionaires and rich guys love to dress like they're broke meanwhile you will see cleaners and low income earners in an organisation dressing like they have a lot.you will see a cleaner that earns 15k a month borrowing 40k TO buy clothes for owanmbe. Difference IS that the rich save give invest and look ordinary but the lower ones will be looking so expensive on borrowed everything

242 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:16am On Sep 02, 2016
I discover that rich people judge you by your potentials,value system and what you have upstairs .they don't care about how you look.they invest so much in knowledge that they look so simple but the broke sales girl or a hair stylist will look at you head to toe before she determines how she'll adress you whether with courtesy or rudely and they're the ones that will buy stuffs that are triple of their income to impress God knows who

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 8:11am On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
so because of 3k the seller was so rude?I'm sure she's a sales girl not eve the owner OF the supermarket. Anyway thats how sellers are.they judge you based on your outward appearance. Meanwhile you will see some ladies wearing wigs of 70k and they don't even have 10 naira in their bags yet people will be looking at them like they have millions

She was no sales girl ooo, probably she is used to seeing thick madams or pregnant women buying baby things . Also consider that it was 7years ago.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
abeg abeg abeg. That line is so Africanish.Mark zukerburg that came to Lagos who is worth billions of dollars came from one continent wearing shirt and jeans. If an African was worth that much we no go hear word.agbada flowing everywhere, sycophantic dancers hailing and all sort of craps that will inflate his ego

On several occasions which I later realised I have unknown walked by millionaires in just jeans shirt and palm slippers meanwhile the bank workers that earn 60k a month will wear designer suits looking like they own the world

If you judge people by how they look outwardly you will miss a lot of opportunities

My mom and I were jisting some time ago and she said millionaires, billionaires and rich guys love to dress like they're broke meanwhile you will see cleaners and low income earners in an organisation dressing like they have a lot.you will see a cleaner that earns 15k a month borrowing 40k TO buy clothes for owanmbe. Difference IS that the rich save give invest and look ordinary but the lower ones will be looking so expensive on borrowed everything
Make we here word abeg. Once something has become the prevailing narrative everyone starts to echo it not minding whether it is true or false. How many billionaires do you know that ''dress like they are broke''. What does it even mean to ''dress like they are broke''?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by babyme1(f): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2016
This happened to my elder sister few years ago. She booked to have her braided on a weekend, but bc of some things she went a lil late. D hair dresser had called n told her dt she will be attended to once she comes, though there were others.

When she finally reached n the lady started her hair, one girl finished my sis with insult. Even when d owner of the salon explained to her, she no gree o. It wasnt as if she wasnt attended to, she just felt that my sis just walked in n was given attention.

She even asked my sis who knows her in Uyo, a small rat like her. My sis nearly slapped her but others told her to ignore d chick. Na so monday reach, my sis went to work early bc she was the head of a team to conduct an interview that morning. Guess who waltz in for dt interview? Miss Saucy from d salon grin.

I heard she couldnt even answer any question. She later wents to the salon to ask the lady to apologize to my sis on her behalf. Me sef follow learn lesson from that.

221 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

She was no sales girl ooo, probably she is used to seeing thick madams or pregnant women buying baby things . Also consider that it was 7years ago.
ok she thought you were probably the younger sister and someone sent you to buy those stuffs

You shouldn't have even bought anything from her and walked out

I have encountered such nasty experience.very recently about a month ago.I was on my way back home WITH my daughter when I passed by a supermarket. I saw a very beautiful clutch purse and I stopped by wanting to buy it.so I walked into the supermarket and asked how much it IS, the woman first looked at me for a few seconds and asked if I tell you the price can you buy it?I was like what is that supposed to mean then she said it's 7k.I brought out 10k and counted it in her presence. She too was using eye to count the money with ME, I said you see this money with me here, it's not going to end here. I came to buy something I fancied and instead of you to behave civil you were asking me stooped questions whether I can buy it.

She was now like Haa aunty koribe,emabinu.I said wura let's leave here joor.I went 3shops near hers to buy exactly what she was doing shakara for and deliberately passed by her shop to spite her. I made sure i didn't put the clutch purse inside a nylon so she Will see it.She nearly cried in bitterness.it was obvious She was just controlling herself

Meanwhile that's why I love the igbo spirit when it comes to entrepreneurship and attending to customers. Every customer is a king and is treated as such. Even if you don't buy and you just Window shop they will treat you like you own the world.which brings me to my last story.last week I went to price Curtains because I wanted to have an idea of how much Curtains are now.you needed to see the way this igbo guy attended to me.he was so courteous and warm.I had to tell him bros don't bring everything out I just want to know how much it is and so because of his hospitality I vowed that I will go back there and buy it which I did yesterday. However I saw other Curtains which we're relatively cheaper and finer than his but because of his pleasant customer treatment which I received from him I bought it from him

The bottonline is if you don't look down on your customers and treat them nicely even if they came to windowshop, even if your shop is under the ground they will go out of their way to find you.

317 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Onegai(f): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Make we here word abeg. Once something has become the prevailing narrative everyone starts to echo it not minding whether it is true or false. How many billionaires do you know that ''dress like they are broke''. What does it even mean to ''dress like they are broke''?

One month ago, Faded polo shirt, plain cotton trousers and leather flat slippers. He was a former CBN governor. Or all the Balogun lace Madams who have spent more money ithan the average overdressed office worker in his entire lifetime but wear nothing showy. Or one of the quietest girls I know whose family lives in such a big house in Ikoyi that there is enough space for a football match. Old money, big money doesn't make noise. Everyone I know with foreign citizenship who spent years abroad talk normally, people on visas will be killing you with some weird amalgamation of UK, US and Naija accent to form posh. Its upper middle class people and middle class people who do their best to form, wealthy people don't. I can tell you how some billionaire's kids sound like and trust me, no unnecessary accent or flashy dressing (infact one girl saw one and yabbed him as "irresponsible-looking", then found out his father was on the list of top richest men in West Africa, high up that list too).

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2016
babyme1:
This happened to my elder sister few years ago. She booked to have her braided on a weekend, but bc of some things she went a lil late. D hair dresser had called n told her dt she will be attended to once she comes, though there were others.

When she finally reached n the lady started her hair, one girl finished my sis with insult. Even when d owner of the salon explained to her, she no gree o. It wasnt as if she wasnt attended to, she just felt that my sis just walked in n was given attention.

She even asked my sis who knows her in Uyo, a small rat like her. My sis nearly slapped her but others told her to ignore d chick. Na so monday reach, my sis went to work early bc she was the head of a team to conduct an interview that morning. Guess who waltz in for dt interview? Miss Saucy from d salon grin.

I heard she couldnt even answer any question. She later wents to the salon to ask the lady to apologize to my sis on her behalf. Me sef follow learn lesson from that.
isn't karma a sweet bish grin

I watched a nollywood movie similar to that. A lady was about to meet her prospective mother Inlaw.her and her boyfriend agreed they will meet by 11am in abc eatery, have snacks there and leave to introduce his girlfriend to his mom so this lady went to the saloon that day to get her hair done before going to the eatery. An elderly woman who was also a customer but wanted to buy weavon gloss mistakenly stepped on her and the elderly lady apologized immediately but still the rain of insults continued.nothing she no tell the woman finish. Useless old woman, are you to poor to buy glasses if you're blind bla bla bla. The hair stylist was still calming her down that it's ok na.the insult festival still continued till the elderly woman left, the lady finished her hair, went to the eatery with Mr boyfriend, after jisting and eating,both headed to his house to meet mummy

Love and behold it was his mother the girl rained insults in the saloon on.the woman asked is this the girl you said you want to marry? Na for the woman house the relationship ended

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

One month ago, Faded polo shirt, plain cotton trousers and leather flat slippers. He was a former CBN governor. Or all the Balogun lace Madams who have spent more money ithan the average overdressed office worker in his entire lifetime but wear nothing showy. Or the billionaire aunt who is always wearing Ankara till the day the driver went to pick me up and started asking if it was a Governor's house (all he saw was the garage). Or one of the quietest girls I know whose family lives in such a big house in Ikoyi that there is enough space for a football match. Or Himself who sounds like he went to Umuokoro Grammar School. Old money, big money doesn't make noise. Everyone I know with foreign citizenship who spent years abroad talk normally, people on visas will be killing you with some weird amalgamation of UK, US and Naija accent to form posh. Its upper middle class people and middle class people who do their best to dorm, wealthy people don't. I can tell you how some billionaire's kids sound like and trust me, no unnecessary accent or flashy dressing (infact one girl saw one and yabbed him as "irresponsible-looking", then found out his father was on the list of top richest men in West Africa, high up that list too).
take 5.

I can authoritatively say those balogun women with expensive looking clothes fit borrowing pass Nigeria. They will borrow money to buy gold for owanmbe, borrow money to buy shoe and bag to match meanwhile they don't have savings grin

All their money na party and if you TELL them they'll start singing for you majaye orimi o miomeyin ola majayeorimi o titidojo ale

Interpretation- I'll enjoy my life, I don't care what happens timorow

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Google brothers (can't remember their name )
Prince of England's wife (always looking simple )
Mark zukerburg dresses simple
dangote
Bill gates

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Onegai(f): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
take 5.

I can authoritatively say those balogun women with expensive looking clothes fit borrowing pass Nigeria. They will borrow money to buy gold for owanmbe, borrow money to buy shoe and bag to match meanwhile they don't have savings grin

All their money na party and if you TELL them they'll start singing for you majaye orimi o miomeyin ola majayeorimi o titidojo ale

Interpretation- I'll enjoy my life, I don't care what happens timorow

The borrow-borrow people in Balogun are too many. It's the old mamas who started selling lace there, the big ones (SAS, Kubbis). Like I told a friend "is she bleaching, did she speak more Yoruba to you than English, did she wear slippers and it was a big shop? She's rich". grin

The day we went to order wedding cards from a Wedding store and 2 mamas came in. One dressed all corporate and flaunting Micheal Kors bag (biko Naija ladies, who told you MK is the SI unit of Designer handbag?? Why the shakara on top something you can buy from Macy's or even in sale from Ross/TJ Maxx, not even Bergdorf or Bloomies?!"wink, the other in flowing bubu, headscarf and white bathroom slippers. The corporate one was the hanger-on, the other mama proceeded to order 2000 of the most expensive IVs with a bill of over N200,000 (just for wedding IVs). It was one of the BellaNaija society weddings.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 10:50am On Sep 02, 2016
grin
Onegai:

The borrow-borrow people in Balogun are too many. It's the old mamas who started selling lace there, the big ones (SAS, Kubbis). Like I told a friend "is she bleaching, did she speak more Yoruba to you than English, did she wear slippers and it was a big shop? She's rich". grin

The day we went to order wedding cards from a Wedding store and 2 mamas came in. One dressed all corporate and flaunting Micheal Kors bag (biko Naija ladies, who told you MK is the SI unit of Designer handbag?? Why the shakara on top something you can buy from Macy's or even in sale from Ross/TJ Maxx, not even Bergdorf or Bloomies?!"wink, the other in flowing bubu, headscarf and white bathroom slippers. The corporate one was the hanger-on, the other mama proceeded to order 2000 of the most expensive IVs with a bill of over N200,000 (just for wedding IVs). It was one of the BellaNaija society weddings.
grin grin grin

See analysis o grin

Na that one dey pain you. You never see khloe Kardashian handbag naija ladies flaunt. They'll now raise the place where khloe is written grin

Meanwhile the bag is 5k ;

Abi when did khloe Kardashian start doing buisness with igbo guys grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

One month ago, Faded polo shirt, plain cotton trousers and leather flat slippers. He was a former CBN governor. Or all the Balogun lace Madams who have spent more money ithan the average overdressed office worker in his entire lifetime but wear nothing showy. Or the billionaire lady who is always wearing Ankara till the day the driver went to pick me up and started asking if it was a Governor's house (all he saw was the garage). Or one of the quietest girls I know whose family lives in such a big house in Ikoyi that there is enough space for a football match. Old money, big money doesn't make noise. Everyone I know with foreign citizenship who spent years abroad talk normally, people on visas will be killing you with some weird amalgamation of UK, US and Naija accent to form posh. Its upper middle class people and middle class people who do their best to form, wealthy people don't. I can tell you how some billionaire's kids sound like and trust me, no unnecessary accent or flashy dressing (infact one girl saw one and yabbed him as "irresponsible-looking", then found out his father was on the list of top richest men in West Africa, high up that list too).
Nigerians and exaggeration. None of these people are billionaires. No CBN governor past or present qualifies as a billionaire(a billionaire is someone who has at least a billion dollars). That aside, who made these people the standard for dressing and behaviour? You?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Onegai(f): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Nigerians and exaggeration. None of these people are billionaires. No CBN governor past or present qualifies as a billionaire(a billionaire is someone who has at least a billion dollars). That aside, who made these people the standard for dressing and behaviour? You?

That's why I like NL! grin what you don't know, you can come and argue wella. Soludo is a poor man, so are Sanusi and NOI, infact they are hoping Buhari offers them a job soon so they can afford schoolfees money. Please send them credit, that's why we don't hear from NOI she can't afford Airtel N1000 to browse and be posting on Twitter. Be believing everything you read in papers, eh. wink

Sambarry, one last one: my aunt's driver, tall big, goodlooking fellow who used to buy nice shirts and have his suit fitted to his body. Plus some ties her hubby gave him, he was set. He used to carry her jeep and go to Unilag to pick babes grin grin it was so wrong but once the girl sees fine boy and jeep and hears he works for a big company (technically true but...), na to spread legs be that. Chop and clean mouth fellow.

Evolg, it's our way to sum up people by appearance. It is what it is.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:

Google brothers (can't remember their name )
Prince of England's wife (always looking simple )
Mark zukerburg dresses simple
dangote
Bill gates
Larry Page and Sergey Brin(Not brothers though), Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg have an appearance of simplicity that stem from from their NATURE- they are techies/nerds. They will always appear 'simple' no matter how rich or poor they are. You should do a search of these people and see the kind of 'inanities' that these 'simple dressers' spend their money on. People derive their pleasures differently. My overall point is that we should not attack people who derive their own pleasures from 'dressing extravagantly' because a microscopic number of billionaires have decided to do otherwise; it has been the trend for the past few days and Nigerian celebrities are taking the most flak. I don't know much about Kate Middleton and I know that the Windsor family are not a billionaire family; they are millionaires at best. Dangote is always either on suit or that Hausa kind of dressing and there is nothing simple about any of that. You want make him wear chain?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

That's why I like NL! grin what you don't know, you can come and argue wella. Soludo is a poor man, so are Sanusi and NOI, infact they are hoping Buhari offers them a job soon so they can afford schoolfees money. Please send them credit, that's why we don't hear from NOI she can't afford Airtel N1000 to browse and be posting on Twitter. Be believing everything you read in papers, eh. wink

Sambarry, one last one: my aunt's driver, tall big, goodlooking fellow who used to buy nice shirts and have his suit fitted to his body. Plus some ties her hubby gave him, he was set. He used to carry her jeep and go to Unilag to pick babes grin grin it was so wrong but once the girl sees fine boy and jeep and hears he works for a big company (technically true but...), na to spread legs be that. Chop and clean mouth fellow.
LMao grin grin

That one is an old common trend Na.company drivers been using company car to be defrauding stopeed restless undergraduates of their v@gynas sine 1749 grin

You no even happy say he no thief your aunty money or company money go fok ashewo or use it to pay ashewo for short time to fok inside company car grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2016
It's the Nigerian way, people always want to front wealthy and exposed to earn more respect and dignity from others..

This is why I don't take people like Mindfulness and others like her here serious when they can't shut up about where they live in Europe, UK, US, Lagos Island, and so on and so forth... gringringrin
Who cares? cheesy

People born into wealth or at least above-average families don't make such noise.

#CauseTrouble
angry

20 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Larry Page and Sergey Brin(Not brothers though), Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg have an appearance of simplicity that stem from from their NATURE- they are techies/nerds. They will always appear 'simple' no matter how rich or poor they are. You should do a search of these people and see the kind of 'inanities' that these 'simple dressers' spend their money on. People derive their pleasures differently. My overall point is that we should not attack people who derive their own pleasures from 'dressing extravagantly' because a microscopic number of billionaires have decided to do otherwise; it has been the trend for the past few days and Nigerian celebrities are taking the most flak. I don't know much about Kate Middleton and I know that the Windsor family are not a billionaire family; they are millionaires at best. Dangote is always either on suit or that Hausa kind of dressing and there is nothing simple about any of that. You want make him wear chain?
dangotes traditional dressing is always simple o.you can see an aura of simplicity around him.he doesn't do too much unnecessary flashing like the likes of davido

Bottonline is no one is attacking no one but Nigerians need to learn good customer relationship irrespective of the way customers dress and thanks for reminding me of their names wink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Onegai(f): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
LMao grin grin

That one is an old common trend Na.company drivers been using company car to be defrauding stopeed restless undergraduates of their v@gynas sine 1749 grin

You no even happy say he no thief your aunty money or company money go fok ashewo or use it to pay ashewo for short time to fok inside company car grin

No-one is saying dress this way or that, please dress freely and decently. But in Nigeria, if you don't look a certain way, people treat you somehow. Which is wrong. Why are we deploying a fake accent, why are we carrying fake designer bags proudly (almost all the Hermes in Nigeria is fake. Trust me, like 90% of them are fake). It happens everywhere around the world but it's worse in Nigeria. Just be free to do you. It's the same with guys: they all want to marry "homely girls" who are yellow (no explanation of the yellow), in a long weave, sexy outfits and have a bubbling IG page. Uche or Tinu shows up with her unrelaxed natural hair and simple, neat ankara outfit, they start asking her whether she attends MFM or if this is something she is doing because she wants favour from God (I shiit you not about the last line). Guys and girls do it, everyone in Nigeria does it.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

No-one is saying dress this way or that, please dress freely and decently. But in Nigeria, if you don't look a certain way, people treat you somehow. Which is wrong. Why am I deploying a fake accent, why am I carrying fake designer bags proudly (almost all the Hermes in Nigeria is fake. Trust me, like 90% of them are fake). It happens everywhere around the world but it's worse in Nigeria.
LMao grin

Exactly. Infact there's one amusing afdage I hear that encourages all this irresponsible vanity in Nigeria grin

It says FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT grin

I think thats why they act the way they do grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

Evolg, it's our way to sum up people by appearance. It is what it is.
More exaggerations. Even with twenty million dollars; a person especially one living in Nigeria would have an appearance of wealth that would boggle any mind. Do these people that you know own any jets; do they own cruise liners perhaps? Do a google search of rich people and really rich people and see the difference in lifestyle and stop saying what you think you know. It pathetic that the names you are dropping are those of people like Soludo and NOI. I'll wager all I have that none of these people have 200million dollars(Feel free to include the money they stole from government).

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Onegai(f): 11:54am On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
More exaggerations. Even with twenty million dollars; a person especially one living in Nigeria would have an appearance of wealth that would boggle any mind. Do these people that you know own any jets; do they ownae liners perhaps? Do a google search of rich people and really rich people and see the difference in lifestyle and stop saying what you think you know. It pathetic that the names you are dropping are those of people like Soludo and NOI. I'll wager all I have that none of these people have 200million dollars(Feel free to include the money they stole from government).

Okay o

13 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
dangotes traditional dressing is always simple o.you can see an aura of simplicity around him.he doesn't do too much unnecessary flashing like the likes of davido

Bottonline is no one is attacking no one but Nigerians need to learn good customer relationship irrespective of the way customers dress and thanks for reminding me of their names wink
Davido's profession requires him to 'flash'. You do not expect a hip-pop artiste to put on shirt and trousers, neither do you expect Dangote to put on 'bling bling'...Even American artistes dress like that why should ours be different.? About the customers; I cannot disagree though I don't think it's a Nigerian thing as I remember clearly that Oprah had the same experience in Switzerland when she went for Tina Turner's wedding. The salesperson offered her a cheaper bag I think when she looked at Oprah and concluded that she would not be able to afford the one she requested for. Now this is one of the most popular faces on the planet. So you see...

12 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Davido's profession requires him to 'flash'. You do not expect a hip-pop artiste to put on shirt and trousers, neither do you expect Dangote to put on 'bling bling'...Even American artistes dress like that why should ours be different.? About the customers; I cannot disagree though I don't think it's a Nigerian thing as I remember clearly that Oprah had the same experience in Switzerland when she went for Tina Turner's wedding. The salesperson offered her a cheaper bag I think when she looked at Oprah and concluded that she would not be able to afford the one she requested for. Now this is one of the most popular faces on the planet. So you see...
is asa not in the same show buisness. How come we don't know too much about her wink
lagbaja nko wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Air Peace Aircraft Tyre Bursts At Ilorin Airport / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / The Making Of ₦1.3 Trillion Russian-Built Europe’s Longest Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.