Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? (48253 Views)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

smiley

I have to love the design and of course we all love quality but if the design (fabrics, color, form) is good and the quality good enough and I feel like spending money cheesy then I go for it.

If I get a designer piece, then their logo needs to be very small and barely visible - or better - not visible at all.

j

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by HARDDON: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
babyme1:
This happened to my elder sister few years ago. She booked to have her braided on a weekend, but bc of some things she went a lil late. D hair dresser had called n told her dt she will be attended to once she comes, though there were others.

When she finally reached n the lady started her hair, one girl finished my sis with insult. Even when d owner of the salon explained to her, she no gree o. It wasnt as if she wasnt attended to, she just felt that my sis just walked in n was given attention.

She even asked my sis who knows her in Uyo, a small rat like her. My sis nearly slapped her but others told her to ignore d chick. Na so monday reach, my sis went to work early bc she was the head of a team to conduct an interview that morning. Guess who waltz in for dt interview? Miss Saucy from d salon grin.

I heard she couldnt even answer any question. She later wents to the salon to ask the lady to apologize to my sis on her behalf. Me sef follow learn lesson from that.

shocked

Itz in u
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 1:20am On Sep 03, 2016
cococandy:

Sambarry!!! You will go to jail for that.
in Nigeria? cheesy
There are no effective laws anything goes grin

This is Nigeria and not America grin

In conclusion

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 6:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Davido's profession requires him to 'flash'. You do not expect a hip-pop artiste to put on shirt and trousers, neither do you expect Dangote to put on 'bling bling'...Even American artistes dress like that why should ours be different.? About the customers; I cannot disagree though I don't think it's a Nigerian thing as I remember clearly that Oprah had the same experience in Switzerland when she went for Tina Turner's wedding. The salesperson offered her a cheaper bag I think when she looked at Oprah and concluded that she would not be able to afford the one she requested for. Now this is one of the most popular faces on the planet. So you see...
that one no get television for house abi she no dey see Oprah for tv?

I just feel the sales person just wanted to be rude. Who nor know Oprah for this world
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Jahblessme: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2016
Treating people somehow based on assumptions happen everywhere.I have some friends who were ignored for ages by their neighbors most likely because they thought as per black people,must be low income family.
They only started being friendly when they saw their kids school uniforms -private school.

I'm not wealthy yet o but make a decent income,they were doing some research that required disclosure of income so the woman doing it just gave me the page she assumed we fell into,even pointing her pen and when I asked for the back page,she turned red and was spluttering.Not that the income is so high o just that she assumed we'd be close to the bottom or at the most average ish,she then said we are a different type of migrants.We didn't even say anything,just a polite grimace.

People judge all the time based on appearance,I know that really wealthy Caucasians I've seen are usually the ones in battered range rovers,I don't know why.But you get to know their level when you then see lifestyle,not ostentatious but quality.So that Jean and shirt will probably be high end that lasts for ages.No obvious branding though.

When I was casually chatting about buying a house,someone was directing me to council houses ,he told me it's so I can be able to afford it grin

15 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2016
Joavid:

the spirit of bandwagonism reigns in this section.
countless times i've had my mouth wide open, eyes bulging from the from the pseudo-perfectness, self righteous and exaggeration I read in this section.
Funny use of words.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
Educating.... I have countless experience but I hardly look down on people

6 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by montezz(f): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that I'm from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin
Take 5! I can relate...
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are right, I guess. I haven't looked at it from this perspective even though I will probably never understand how any woman can sleep with Donald Trump. lipsrsealed He was ok when he was young but now .... very unattractive. undecided

By the way, if you had to choose between Michelle and Melania, which one would you prefer to be with?
Michelle, but ONLY because the alternative is completely dumb as fvck.

If you had paired Michelle with someone else having a bit more grit & brains, I wouldn't pick Michelle cos I really don't consider her pretty...to be honest undecided

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
The hallmark of petty people is disparaging whatever thing that's beyond their comprehension and understanding. The mistakes self-effacing for lack of financial and intellectual worth. Not forgetting, they are also conceited.

Then, when it's dawn on them that you're more than what they mistook you for, you see them putting up nice persona - they are just full of mischiefs and shenanigans.

Yes, I have been undervalued and undermined many a time due to my altruistic and self-effacing nature. However, I'm also good in treating petty people's ill action instantly, so I always leave such environment a Victor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Titilayooni(f): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
evolg:
An incident at an airport really put me off.

This one time I was traveling by a certain airline - lets call it Amirates. My flight was going to be more than 24 hours, so lets just say I was very comfortably dressed. Now I enter the airport and started walking towards the business class queue to check in my luggage. One of the staff members approaches me and tells me please join another line - the one for Economy Class passengers. I wouldn’t have had an issue but I had paid for this ticket and I did not find that reasonable. I let him know that I was heading to the correct queue. He asked me to show my ticket. I did. He says he’s sorry, puts on those happy faces, says a thing or two and tells me to have a pleasant flight.

While this might not be a big deal, I really felt bad that how people have this biased perspective on how rich and successful people are supposed to look and behave and would not accept that looks do not define a person.
There is a yoruba adage that says" Aso nla koni eniyan nla" "A great outfit does not mean the person is great" Try not to be offended by that attitude,let it go...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Marxxx: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Nobody does that intentionally. I attended a conference some years ago unfortunately I left my IV in my car and I had to work a distance to the venue. I wasn't allowed VIP section and I couldn't walk back to get it cos I was tired. I just sat in the main hall chatting with some random guy who had no IV. Funny thing was there were some people without IV who looked padded and the ushers required no IV from them. I wore good stuffs too perhaps my stomach wasn't large enough...lol...after some minutes I told the guy to accompany me to my car, I gave him the IV and he thanked me gracefully. I was on my way home when some of the organisers called I simply told them I was on my way back. They begged and begged but I didn't yield to their pleas. Truth is I had budgeted a large sum to spend that evening...not my fault....not theirs either...

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2016
Going by this thread, a good percentage of Nairalanders are/should be elites. That's impressive...very impressive grin
In my spare time, I'll open a thread,a fund raising one_ y'all should donate to my cause. Thanks

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
evolg:

This one time I was traveling by a certain airline - lets call it Amirates. My flight was going to be more than 24 hours, so lets just say I was very comfortably dressed. Now I enter the airport and started walking towards the business class queue to check in my luggage. One of the staff members approaches me and tells me please join another line - the one for Economy Class passengers. I wouldn’t have had an issue but I had paid for this ticket and I did not find that reasonable. I let him know that I was heading to the correct queue. He asked me to show my ticket. I did. He says he’s sorry, puts on those happy faces, says a thing or two and tells me to have a pleasant flight.

While this might not be a big deal, I really felt bad that how people have this biased perspective on how rich and successful people are supposed to look and behave and would not accept that looks do not define a person.
Lazy OP You had to steal a question and an answer from Quora. Copy and Paste

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
PaperLace:
Going by this thread, a good percentage of Nairalanders are/should be elites. That's impressive...very impressive grin
In my spare time, I'll open a thread,a fund raising one_ y'all should donate to my cause. Thanks

Abi....and if i see any of the above monickers donating 10k and below. Woe betide them. Lol

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
crackhaus:

Michelle, but ONLY because the alternative is completely dumb as fvck.

Maybe you underestimate her. She has come a long way, too.

If you had paired Michelle with someone else having a bit more grit & brains, I wouldn't pick Michelle cos I really don't consider her pretty...to be honest undecided

Many people don't but she has charisma and I absolutely love her, not in a homo kind of way of course. grin
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by whiteroses(f): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
Mines a bit similar.
A very hot guy asked me out. After a couple of date, i was meant to meet him up at 7pm at his yard. I got there at 7:30pm and he started talking down on me and said you know what? Why dont you leave I have my time planned out , you were meant to be here at 7pm.
Immediately he turned me away, i bursted into tears because I feel very insecure about my look at that time i was a bit chubby although i was considered attractive by some.
Everybody knows US weather is drastic and within 20 minutes it already turned dark and I was scared .
As i wept he sat me down and i caught him smiling at my predicament sad
I got up and left feeling deflated .
This guy dint know that I ride a nice car and my pad is hot.
Oneday, I threw a birthday party and he came as a mogbo moya guest, apparently his friend also told him who my "father" was bla bla bla.
He was acting proud at first but then he talked to me and took advantage of the vibe. We slept on same bed that night and Today he lives with me.
We fell in love naturally and the respect is there but whenever i remember his behaviour when we met, i feel some type of way :/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by 5minsmadness: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2016
whiteroses:
Mines a bit similar.
A very hot guy asked me out. After a couple of date, i was meant to meet him up at 7pm at his yard. I got there at 7:30pm and he started talking down on me and said you know what? Why dont you leave I have my time planned out , you were meant to be here at 7pm.
Immediately he turned me away, i bursted into tears because I feel very insecure about my look at that time i was a bit chubby although i was considered attractive by some.
Everybody knows US weather is drastic and within 20 minutes it already turned dark and I was scared .
Oneday, I threw a birthday party and he came as a mogbo moya guest, apparently his friend also told him who my "father" was bla bla bla.
He was acting proud at first but then he talked to me and took advantage of the vibe. We slept on same bed that night and Today he lives with me.
We fell in love naturally and the respect is there but whenever i remember his behaviour when we met, i feel some type of way :/

7 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

Maybe you underestimate her. She has come a long way, too.

Many people don't but she has charisma and I absolutely love her, not in a homo kind of way of course. grin
Yes she has—from modelling half-dressed to looking very smart while reading a plagiarized version of Michelle's speech from 8yrs ago.
I applaud her bravery and confidence, this no one can take from her.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
whiteroses:
Mines a bit similar.
So you're in love with someone who seems like he's only with you because you own a nice whip and pad, no?

19 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
crackhaus:

Yes she has—from modelling half-dressed to looking very smart while reading a plagiarized version of Michelle's speech from 8yrs ago.
I applaud her bravery and confidence, this no one can take from her.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by drmikeadams(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
SAMBARRY:
NO matter how nice a sellers products are if she has pride or looks down on her prospective clients its not worth all the stress.I'll rather buy it elsewhere when it's not as if shes the only one selling the stuffs

Go and carry out a study.for example an igbo man or woman selling the same thing a Yoruba woman OR man sells in the same street you'll notice the igbo man has more customers than the Yoruba woman.it's not necessarily because he has something peculiar or he's using jazz the secret is customer relations even if you only went there to windowshop

Try that with a Yoruba man or woman you will hear the insult of your life.they'll say so you don't have money you came to price.Konica dafun e.oni jere.they'll cuss the living day light out of you
na the first attitude i see when i first enter motor from aba reach lagos...them dey carry there family problem come sell market..very funny beigns.

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Yoyostic: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2016
PaperLace:
Lol.Just be ready to present your birth certificate and get prepared for DSS and EFCC investigations.

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by zed7: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

Yes, they do. You think N20million is a big deal? There are plenty people who don't announce to the whole world "I have a private jet". A jet is a vehicle to ease business, it is in Nigeria people are carrying it ontop their head as a big deal, be going to Caverton airfield to snap pictures of themselves sitting in one. And like I said, you don't know these people. I can sit down here and easily demolish any argument you make by mentioning some lastnames in my immediate presence right now. Even a picture I can take will end this argument. But I'm in no mood to argue, so you're right, I have never seen a rich person, infact my definition of wealthy is someone who has bought a tokunbo keke. Happy? cheesy

How are u different from the people u are criticizing? U are name dropping. Bragging about taking pictures of rich people in your circle. Nigerians are hypocrites.

Who even says Soludo is simple? Someone who wears shoes that can pay for a bankers annual salary. Dressing is a personal choice and doesn't define ur status. If a poor man wants to look dapper, it's no crime. If the richest man in the world wants to wear his boxers to town, so be it.
Let's stop this nonsense talk of billionaires are simple. Is Trump simple? Is Adenuga simple? Is Diddy simple? It's just a personal thing jor. The rich arabs wear plain white robes but wear watches that can feed some families for a century.

Meanwhile if people insult u or look down on u, it's more for your lack of presence or personality not your dressing. People always underrate youthful look and overrate mature look. Same way whites underrate blacks and overrate other whites.

15 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by zed7: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
ifyalways:

It's common knowledge na,Onegai.

Lekki 1,VGC and all the fancy estates in Lekki are occupied by new money.

Old money was once new money. Ikoyi was once a surburb. When will people stop bothering us with their personal opinions, irrespective of how lame?

9 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by zed7: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

I got a nice handbag on my holiday this year, even men notice and compliment it. grin

And guess what, it's a no name product and was relatively cheap. wink cheesy I couldn't believe it was so cheap because it's really stylish and cool.

I would much rather get no name products that I fancy than fake products.

If people want to wear bootlegged products, so what? If u didn't have an ego problem then it wouldn't bother u. You don't want a pepper seller to have a bag u spent all ur life savings on because it's an insult to ur person right? How much real designer products can u even afford? Typical Nigerians. Manage to buy one LV or Gucci and we think we've arrived.
Even your colonial masters buy fake goods right there in the US or Europe.

7 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
zed7:

If people want to wear bootlegged products, so what? If u didn't have an ego problem then it wouldn't bother u. You don't want a pepper seller to have a bag u spent all ur life savings on because it's an insult to ur person right? How much real designer products can u even afford? Typical Nigerians. Manage to buy one LV or Gucci and we think we've arrived.
Even your colonial masters buy fake goods right there in the US or Europe.

To each their own. wink

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by GloShare(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
evolg:

I read this on quora
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
That was how i walked into an expensive mall, They were all looking at me weirdly and pointing to the direction i can get cheaper items. I was so angry that i bought the mall the next week with everything in it for twice the actual price, Fire all the employee and distributed the items for free.....In my dreams sha cheesy.

11 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by goingape1: 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Bisjosh:
First of all, u dress the way u wanna be addressed.

I have never been in that situation before.
though I dress good but many don't know how wealthy I am.

Modesty I guess... grin
dress the way u wanna be addressed undecided

shallow minded.

no wonder fake pastor with suit and 419 with suit be deceiving people like you because of this ya mentality.

well....... I dress the way I like and not for people. my worth is in my bank account.

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bettercreature(m): 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
SAMBARRY:
I discover that rich people judge you by your potentials,value system and what you have upstairs .they don't care about how you look.they invest so much in knowledge that they look so simple but the broke sales girl or a hair stylist will look at you head to toe before she determines how she'll adress you whether with courtesy or rudely and they're the ones that will buy stuffs that are triple of their income to impress God knows who
Don't believe everything you read on google,Rich people judge you by mere looking at you,nobody want to know if you have anything upstair!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (Graphic Photos) / Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends / Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.