Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam (75273 Views)

Reason Why MMM Will Never Be Back / 10 Reasons Why Mmm Will Never Crash Facts! / Zimbabwean MMM Promoters Calls Out On Rumour Mongers, Say MMM Will Never Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by aujile(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
very interesting...just one day, many will faint, some will hang themselves and a lot will have to start from level zero. this is how it works; as new people join, their money is being used to pay back the people that has provided help to other people and also some new comers money are used for the 30% bonus. like someone rightly said, the day people stop joining, the day MMM will pack up and the last set of people that joined will suffer the loss as well as some greedy ones that saw it as working and went to invest all thier life savings.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
ToySoldier2:

Well I am not surprised at this article because it is expected. Usually, any venture that tend to undermine similar investment will always have enemies. The enemies of MMM in this case include the banks and the securities companies who who would rather see it as a foe to crush.
First how does work?
The 30% addition perse is not paid by MMM, hence it cannot be classified as a ponzi scheme.
How then does it come? It just an example of how a just society should run. If you provide help of say 100000 to help someone who you are purportedly better than, that 100000 will be credited as mavro in your account plus another 30% mavro. Now that will enable you to get help of 130,000 from another person and the circle continues. What it does is to connect the rich to the poor systematically.
Now, the only thing that can really stop MMM is the government because as long as people keep getting and receiving help, the system continues. It is not expected to crash because the money being received does not come from a central source.
Let's go back to history to check the countries where MMM have had issues. First of all in Russia. It didn't crash perse, but the government sued it for tax evasion. Of course how can a venture that does not collect money from any body pay tax. Second was China. In China, they out rightly labelled it a ponzi and was banned. Same thing in South Africa. So it is always about the Govt.
Someone may ask, why do governments fight MMM.
First, with MMM around, people will no longer put their money in the conventional stock market leading to negative trade the government does not like that because they feel it is not good for the economy, but they quickly forget that the stock market only enriches a few, but MMM empowers the people directly. Ie. Any one who is interested

...and the circle continues...
Are you aware that that initial 100k you put in as give help which fetched you 130k after 1 month will ultimately amount to:
2.3 million after 12 months
54.3 million after 24 months
1.26 billion after 36 months
29.46 billion after 48 months
686.4 billion after 60 months.
What this means is that after 5 years, 686.4 billion naira will be needed to pay the last set of people that provided help (ie people that provided help in the 59th month from the time that the 100k help was given).
Can you now see how 100k turned to 686.4 billion in 5 years?
Do you still think this scheme will last for the next 3-5 years, even if the government doesn't stop it?

2 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by ziego(m): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
majekdom2:
where did the first bag of rice come from? Whose money did it start with....simple, there are directors and the aim is to make profit. Who paid the first individual his 30 percent? Think think think
@ second bolded, what happens when everyone has contributed his share of the rice and everybody wants to eat. How will it be enough? In a later time these scheme will fail.

1.this is an opportunity which is changing people's life and can change urs too. It started with Nigerians who are super Guider and were funded by the reprentatives who came to establish it. They did and have gone back.

2. If it is possible for all customers banking with diamond to go and withdraw the money same time then it possible at mmm
Remember no central account
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
ziego:

1. How do facebook make money?
U only log in comment, like, post
Are u paying him?
Have u thought of that?
MMM has a platform in over 118 countries
Of which at least 50k members visit their site daily then tell me how many dollars that will generate?

2. MMM is managed by its participants trained in each country.
I have been trained as guider
I have a team I manage so do other participants to ensure safe, adequate and consistent sincerity in the community.

We are helping ourselves contributively we are not doing business

If u want to help Urself join the community

I will guide u

You're a guider? Fantastic! I've seen the perfect person to provide answer to my concern. Perhaps I will 'invest' in this business if I get an answer that makes sense.

Are you aware that an initial 100k put into the system as 'provide help' which will fetch the participant 130k 'get help' after 1 month will ultimately amount to:
What this means is that after 5 years, 686.4 billion naira will be needed to pay the last set of people that provided help (ie people that provided help in the 59th month from the time that the initial 100k help was given).

Again, if the total help given this month is 1 billion, by next month, it must be at least 1.3 billion for those who provided help this month to get help. By the following month, it must be at least 1.69 billion. It keeps compounding and after 24 months, it will become 542 billion.
In 36 months, that 1 billion becomes 12.6 trillion.
In 48 months, 294 trillion.
In 60 months, 6.8 quadrillion.

Do you sincerely think this scheme will last for the next 5 years, even if the government doesn't stop it?

2 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by chijike(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
I need answers to this questions from MMM or anyone who cares to answer:

1. Is there any physical office where one can find help if there is any problem?

2. who monitors the matching of individuals ?

3. what are the structures in place to make sure the scheme does not crash?

4.Is MMM open for monitoring by the Goverment or even the EFCC?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by supapraise1: 1:35am On Sep 03, 2016
adeabi:
MMM Global only gave South Africans the bad news with a post on its website saying “We regret to inform you that we have to close down the Republic of Bitcoin. It was an experiment, and, unfortunately, it failed. We turned out not to be able to pay 100% per month.”

Less than three months after the company collapsed in South Africa, MMM Global, a Russian Ponzi Scheme company has opened shop in Nigeria with the domain name- nigeria- mmm .net
MMM was established in 1989 by Sergei Mavrodi, his brother Vyacheslav Mavrodi, and Olga Melnikova. The name of the company was taken from the first letters of the three founders’ surnames.

Initially, the company imported computers and office equipment. In January 1992, tax police accused MMM of tax evasion, leading to the collapse of MMM-bank, and causing the company to have difficulty obtaining financing to support its operations. Faced with difficulties in funding its foreign trade, the company switched to the financial sector. It offered American stocks to Russian investors, but met with little success. Later, MMM-Invest was created for the purpose of collecting vouchers during privatisation. This effort was similarly unsuccessful.

MMM created its successful Ponzi scheme in 1994. The company started attracting money from private investors, promising annual returns of up to one thousand percent. It is unclear whether a Ponzi scheme was Mavrodi’s initial intention, inasmuch as such extravagant returns might have been possible during the Russian hyperinflation in such commerce as import-export.
MMM grew rapidly. In February 1994, the company reported dividends of 1,000%, and started an aggressive TV ad campaign. Since the shares were not quoted on any stock exchange and the company itself determined the share price, it maintained a steady price growth of thousands of percent annually, leading the public to believe its shares were a safe and profitable investment.
An important factor in the scheme’s success was word of mouth, but most of the company’s success came from its extremely aggressive ad campaign, which appealed to the general public by using “ordinary” characters that viewers could identify with. The most famous of them, a “folk hero” of early 1994, was Lyonya Golubkov. Another notable marketing effort was a giveaway of free Metro trips to all Moscow citizens on a particular day. MMM also was one of the first well-known companies in Russia with a logotype and slogans (“Flying from shadow to the light” and others).
At its peak the company was taking in more than 100 billion rubles (about 50 million USD) each day from the sale of its shares to the public. Thus, the cashflow turnover at the MMM central office in Moscow was so high that it could not be estimated. The management started to count money in roomfuls (1 roomful of money, 2 roomfuls of money, etc.).
Regular publication in the media of the rising MMM share price led President Boris Yeltsin to issue a decree in June 1994 prohibiting financial institutions from publicising their expected income.
The success of MMM in attracting investors led to the creation of other similar companies, including Tibet, Chara, Khoper-Invest, Selenga, Telemarket, and Germes. All of these companies were characterised by aggressive television advertising and extremely high promised rates of return. One company promised annual returns of 30,000%.
On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. For a few days the company attempted to continue the scheme, but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company’s subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicide.
Several organisations of “deceived investors” made efforts to recover their lost investments, but Sergei Mavrodi manipulated their indignation and directed it at the government. In August 1994 Mavrodi was arrested for tax evasion. However, he was soon elected to the Russian State Duma, with the support of the “deceived investors”. He argued that the government, not MMM, was responsible for people losing their money, and promised to initiate a pay-back program. The amount ultimately paid back was minuscule compared to the amount owed.
In October 1995, the Duma cancelled Mavrodi’s right to immunity as a deputy. In 1996, he tried to run for Russia’s presidency, but most of the signatures he received were rejected. MMM declared bankruptcy on September 22, 1997.
While it was believed that Sergei Mavrodi left Russia and moved to the United States, it is possible that he stayed in Moscow, using his money to change apartments regularly and employ a group of former special agents. With the help of a distant relative he started Stock Generation Ltd., another pyramid scheme based around trading non-existent companies’ stocks in a form of the “stock exchange game” on the company’s site, stockgeneration.com. Despite a bold-letter warning on the main page that the site was not a real stock exchange, between 20,000 and 275,000 people, according to various estimates, fell for the promised 200% returns and lost their money. According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, losses of victims were at least USD 5.5 million.
Mavrodi was found and arrested in 2003. While in custody, Mavrodi was given until January 31, 2006 to read the documents in his fraud case against him (The criminal case consisted of 650 volumes, each 250-270 pages long). At the end of April 2007, Mavrodi was convicted of fraud, and given a sentence of four and a half years. Since he had already spent over four years in custody, he was released less than a month later, on May 22, 2007. He later went on to creating yet another pyramid scheme called MMM-2011.
The MMM scandal led to increased regulation of the Russian stock market, but the legacy of the fraud led many to become extremely suspicious of any joint stock companies.
In 2015 MMM began operating in South Africa with the same business model as MMM-2011, claiming a “30% per month” return through a “social financial network”. The group was identified as a possible pyramid scheme by the National Consumer Commission and accounts of clients were later frozen by Capitec Bank. In response to mounting criticism and official investigations by state authorities in 2016 supporters of the South African MMM scheme staged a protest march in Johannesburg.
In 2016, MMM launched a website targeting the Nigerian audience.
Many Nigerians who are not conversant with the fact that the company is a fraudulent establishment that defrauded more than 40 million people of at least USD10 billion before being shutdown and declaring bankruptcy in Russia.
As reported by Fin24, MMM Global in its usual manner operated a platform where its members are encouraged to donate money to others by rewarding them with the bitcoin-linked virtual currency – Mavros – in return, and can apparently get 30% return on their rand investment by doing so.
However, it is a known knowledge that a scheme is a Ponzi scheme when expected return is 20% higher than the repo rate. To the amazement of any reasonable person, many South Africans still fall prey despite the fact that the repo rate in SA is 7%.
MMM Global only gave South Africans the bad news with a post on its website saying “We regret to inform you that we have to close down the Republic of Bitcoin. It was an experiment, and, unfortunately, it failed. We turned out not to be able to pay 100% per month.”
How can a company that has been defrauding people since 1989 claim its scheme is an experiment in 2016?
I met a former colleague who has fallen prey to the fraud. He was reveling in the phantom promise that his NGN100,000 will yield him additional 30% in return. I immediately alerted him that he has fallen for a Ponzi Scheme and that everything will soon blow up in his face.
To further delude their victims, MMM Global has been using propaganda and lies. My colleague narrated the origin of the company to me. Even a smart person will get carried away. The height of the idiocy was when he told me that MMM was closed down in Russia because the company became richer than the Russian government and all the banks put together.
A day before it collapsed in South Africa, BehindMLM, a website that reports news on Ponzi Schemes and Multi-level Marketing, MLM warned the public saying:
“The financial apocalypse is upon us, MMM Global has collapsed,”
“MMM Global’s Ponzi clones offering a lower percentage haven’t ‘proved’ themselves any more than MMM Global did,”
“MMM Global cannot sustain paying out more than is invested. And as long as affiliate investment is the only source of revenue entering the scheme, any MMM Global scheme will ultimately collapse.
“They’ll continue to pay ROIs (return on investments) until withdrawals exceed the rate of new investment, and then run out of money all the same. One only needs to look at the collapse of MMM China for evidence of what’s to come”.
“Unfortunately for most MMM Global investors, the collapse is the end of the line. Those unlucky enough to live in countries where MMM Global runs secondary scams (like South Africa), were informed their accounts would be transferred over.”
However, I am not surprised that Nigerians will fall prey to MMM Global. Ponzi Schemes are recurring decimals in the social history of Nigeria. From fraudulent investment clubs, to wealth solutions and other MLMs across the country.
In the midst of the banking boom, many Nigerian lost billions of Naira (NGN) to Ponzi Schemes who promised millions of the population superfluous interest rates close to 150% within 30 days.
A writer once accused many Nigerians of ‘momentary amnesia’, but in the midst of an economic crises, record inflation and ‘technical recession’, the lack of access to information by victims of such schemes seals their fate.

I hope You read through this piece. You should see the
bias in there. To me, the story doesn't add up.

1. The government shut down MMM in Russia (For Tax evasion not fraud) He was arrested, and charged with fraud.
2. The man mavrodi was incarcerated, or lemme say on the run, what happened to the money of the people that was in the rooms full?
3. Research about Mavrodi, he doesn't have a private jet, nor a yatch, nor a Mansion, he has dedicated his life for the survival of the poor.. And you know, no system in the world ever believes in the raising up of the poor.

4. It's a pity how the world has worked on us.
We only believe what they want us to. Lemme ask, apart from this thing you copied and pasted, have you other information on this?
Have you heard from the man himself. Have you read his books? Have you other sources of information before you will be so sure of what you are saying?

MMM wanted to help people. He was doing so, if they failed it was because of some factors and they have been improving on it.

I know, if I ask you why Ghadafdi was killed by America, you would run to Wikipedia and copy and paste. And you will come here arguing that he was a traitor. You have been deceived so long my dear.

If MMM Nigeria fails today, it won't be because he wanted to defraud us, it would be because SEC and the banks fought hard to cripple it..

And I may feel sad for financial losses but I will be happy that I was part of a process that sought to bring a real change than what Sergeant Buhari promised us.

Receive help my dear.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by supapraise1: 2:12am On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

...and the circle continues...
Are you aware that that initial 100k you put in as give help which fetched you 130k after 1 month will ultimately amount to:
What this means is that after 5 years, 686.4 billion naira will be needed to pay the last set of people that provided help (ie people that provided help in the 59th month from the time that the 100k help was given).
Do you still think this scheme will last forever, even if the government doesn't stop it?
m

It's not like this Brother. Lol. You are given proper education when you become a member. You took 130k this month, it is expected that you will not run away, it is expected that when you learn what it's a about you will re-donate to the system. That way some one else can be paid.. When you become a member giving out money every month won't be a challenge to you.

See it this way. MMM is like a house full of Rice grains. There's so much rice stored in the room such that if you eat 20 cups alone, it won't shake the rice storage.. however in MMM you don't eat infinitely you eat only 30% more than what you contributed 30days ago.

Remember, Before you eat, you must have contributed your own small rice amount to the the large storage...

That rice storage can never finish unless everyone comes to take rice on the same day from the storage.. but in MMM this is not possible because The release date of every fund put into MMM is 2weeks. It means you cannot collect any rice from the house until 2weeks. Before this time, more people would have deposited more rice... the cycle continues..

Unlike the rice illustration however, there's no central money storage, all the money is virtual.. Held by simply making a promise called Provide help. You money is in your hand but u contribute to the system by clicking a button. You pay this donation directly to a fellow member who comes for rice (money) today..
If MMM closes today in Nigeria, the owner mavrodi will not be with any money. The losers will be those who didn't have the opportunity to receive help back after giving others.. When you make this promise to donate to the community,, your money can be with you up to three weeks until they find someone that needs it. One week later you request for help , someone else gives you.. It's amazing.

Now if the government comes in and says I want to shut down this rice house it's a scam, people who don't have strong footing would run to the rice Storage house to get their rice out and more people would likely not donate rice to the room. Gradually the rice diminishes from the room and no one can take Anymore.

At this stage, the government will say it's a scam. I think it's wise to be properly educated on a subject before voicing public opinions..

We in MMM are particularly aware of the risks. We have been prepared for this government onslaught for a long time.

Now ask, if the idea is this beautiful and sustainable why the onslaught? Look for the answer, it's in front of you. Start from your house, there is no light , while the rich have diesel to power their Heavy duty engines, look at the roads, none existent while the rich can fly at will.

Bank loans cost you 22-28% per month, with MMM why do you need loans from the banks? With MMM why would u slave for ogas and madams?
When they see they are losing their grips on you my dear they will fight. Remember Pharaoh, remember the struggle for black rights in the US. Remember South Africa and the Apartheid horror, remember most recently the Biafran Struggle and the blood spilled..

The Masters never want you liberated and they keep working on your mind to keep you bound.

If you want to know more contact me on WhatsApp 08034762323

I hope this helps..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by whitelondon: 3:35am On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

You're a guider? Fantastic! I've seen the perfect person to provide answer to my concern. Perhaps I will 'invest' in this business if I get an answer that makes sense.

Are you aware that an initial 100k put into the system as 'provide help' which will fetch the participant 130k 'get help' after 1 month will ultimately amount to:
What this means is that after 5 years, 686.4 billion naira will be needed to pay the last set of people that provided help (ie people that provided help in the 59th month from the time that the initial 100k help was given).

Again, if the total help given this month is 1 billion, by next month, it must be at least 1.3 billion for those who provided help this month to get help. By the following month, it must be at least 1.69 billion. It keeps compounding and after 24 months, it will become 542 billion.

Do you sincerely think this scheme will last forever, even if the government doesn't stop it?

Keep forming mathematician when wise people are making use of the opportunity while they still have it. Nothing Last forever
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by umarwy(m): 3:48am On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Do you sincerely think this scheme will last forever, even if the government doesn't stop it?

They would never understand money they blind man. I have tried to explain the scheme to some of my friends with alli have they Keep saying it's conspiracy of government that is trying to stop them
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by kimacent(m): 5:00am On Sep 03, 2016
Dis na OMANA bank pple don enter oh grin
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by kasson(m): 5:33am On Sep 03, 2016
Good mathematician without base. How many times have you analyze the non payment of salaries own Nigerian workers and pensioners.

Calculate or improvise a mathematical software to solve just that problem.

MMM is not Nigeria's problem. Quote me.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by igbanbajo(m): 6:11am On Sep 03, 2016
tempest01:
I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

https://www.nairaland.com/3321916/sec-warns-nigerians-dangers-mmm

Given this topic that was on the front page today, I saw some comments by people and it was noted that ''There is no pool of money with the current MMM and therefore they can't run away''.

Given the nature of their business, with no investments and the fact that they have put in resources in place to allow for this trade to happen, it is pertinent that one day or another, they will close down, and they won't go through that stress without duping people of their money. Seeing the topic today, I had to register and checkout how the model works , and also brainstorm on the eventual way the MMM operators will dupe those that are in the system.

I am giving a scenario here and though it may not play out the same way, there should be no denying the fact that one day - which i wll term as ''the day of reckoning''. the MMM site will shut operations and will try to make as much as possible from your funds before that.

Now here is the scenario. As there is no pool as someone rightly said, I registered and saw the mode of operation. It is worthy of note that the same MMM site runs in several countries:-

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

So from my postulation, the fold-up will happen in a month - The month of reckoning-- across all MMM sites on that month because anything short of that will send panic to other countries and they won't maximize.

The scenario i see playing out is that the handlers will have bank accounts or agents in all countries of operations and in the month of reckoning, as there is no pool of money, all the ''get help'' requests will be paused - Not paused perse, but no ''get help'' request will go through and will be pending as they won't publish it.

Now the ''Provide help'' will be allowed to work, but the account shown will be that of the handlers of the site (or their agents) and people will keep providing help, but it goes to the scam account. Now this will go on for a month as you have to wait for a month to use your Mavro. The first people that will notice the scam will be the ''Get help'' People as they will keep waiting, but no help will come. Then ''Provide help'' people will come to know after a while and they MMM people will release a statement saying the ''business model experiment failed and they are shutting down''

Be wise Nigerians....

Alternative views and constructive arguments are welcome

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by miztaaustin: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Mr man, you don't have a slight knowledge of how MMM operates. Your analysis is totally wrong. Before you criticize a system, you should be at least avail yourself the opportunity of knowing how it works. In MMM, nobody can make a donation exceeding 2.2 million per month. Now 30% OF 2.2 million is 660k per month. So your analysis is xo damn wrong because in 60 months, a member who start with 100k will have 33.9m. Get your shit right and stop saying sth you don't know.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by loswhite(m): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2016
NPComplete:

Sadly not many people are aware. You are because u are informed. And I am sure u won't put ur life savings into this. But there are people who will. People who will be convinced by the rave and put an increasingly higher stake into it. People you helped convince.
Some people are going to be the ultimate victim of this. And u will probably benefit from their victimisation. Fact. For me, this is unconscionable
it is greed, if ppl decide to be greedy that's their business. On the site it is clearly stated participate with only your spare money that mmm does not guarantee return. My brother that is a clear warning so if u decide to be greedy and put all of your life savings that's nobody's business. In the world today ppl always benefit from other ppls down fall. If your father is promoted it may be @ the expense of another person. The IG today was promoted and as a result a lot of other DG where dropped from the force simply because they are older than him, that's life for you so it is not new
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by loswhite(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

point one thing that has last forever even the life you have is borrowed cos you are not sure of 2moro so go and sleep and stop disturbing yourself for ppl that are well aware of what they are doing
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by eay(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2016
chijike:

I need answers to this questions from MMM or anyone who cares to answer:

1. Is there any physical office where one can find help if there is any problem?

2. who monitors the matching of individuals ?

3. what are the structures in place to make sure the scheme does not crash?

4.Is MMM open for monitoring by the Goverment or even the EFCC?

Even if we explain from now till eternity,u cn never understand Cos u v programmed ur MIND not to. The problem is not 'nigeria', 'buhari', or MMM the problem is our MINDSET.
Wen u r repaired ur mindset...den chat me up on whatsapp @mysignature nd u will get all details.
But pending that time u will reset your mind from being pessimistic can u pls leave us alone and let's enjoy our money frm MMM? sad
We are aware of the RISK already nd moreover it is our money not yours! Can u just shut up already undecided
MMM pays
MMM is real
Long live mmm
#join or #keepkwayet undecided

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by sammyhaven: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2016
INVESTMENT AND MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITIES IN CASSAVA
Cassava is important food (consumer) and industrial crop, It also serve as source of income to the farmers, the brokers, companies as well as nations or countries. Nigeria is currently the largest producer of cassava in the world with an annual production of over 54 million metric tons (54,000,000MT).
Cassava is largely consumed in many processed forms in Nigeria. It is used in the industry and livestock feed, particularly as import substitution becomes prominent in the industrial sector of the economy. Unlike other crops, cassava has diverse industrial uses like starch, cassava chips, ethanol etc. hence its demand is HIGH. The root can be made into various products which include flour, chips, ethanol, glucose syrup and bread to name a few. Such products are in high demand within Nigeria and have a potential within the export arena.
With the current economic crisis, the price of the common food like beans, rice, etc are on the increase, so anyone venturing into cassava farming is sure of smiling to the bank, Cassava farming poses little threat when it comes to risks factors like drought and disease as we have varieties that are resistant to both. Unlike other crops that are tedious and hectic to maintain. So any investor investing in cassava is sure of his/her investment with interest
As a food crop, cassava has some inherent characteristics which make it attractive, especially to the small scale farmers in Nigeria. First, it is rich in carbohydrates especially starch.
Secondly, it is available all year round, making it preferable to other, more seasonal crops such as grains, peas and beans and other crops for food security. Compared to grains, cassava is more tolerant to low soil fertility and more resistant to drought, pests and diseases. Furthermore, its roots are storable in the ground for months after they mature.
Industrial demand for cassava, there is a potential market for cassava products in animal feed, flour and starch industries, the main challenge of these industries is inadequate supply of cassava products, a weak link between industrial processors and producers of cassava products and therefore a preference for imported starch becomes an alternative.
Government has seen that cassava can be used to produce different things like flour and sugar. For example, we are great consumers in Nigeria, we consume bread, garri, fufu etc so the government is pushing for cassava bread.
The confectionaries import glucose which we can get from cassava. Other confectionaries can make use of cassava starch to make their products. Even in pharmaceutical it’s useful. It can be used to make ethanol. There are new projects aimed at increasing and improving the production of cassava and developing new ways to use the crop. Our government hopes to use agriculture as well mineral resources as a way to diversify the economy away from Brent crude.
The government exports cassava chips also, this conversation started in the Olusegun Obasanjo regime. A significant produce of cassava is consumed in Nigeria. Cassava is perishable, from production you have 48 hours to dry it up completely if not it becomes completely useless and losses its value. From the farmers’ perspective, they will rather not harvest if they don’t have a buyer,” he added.
This also makes farmers get processors that are closest to them so that the processor can dry the cassava a bit and they can continue with what they want to use it for so they don’t lose their produce and at the same time money invested in transporting.”
Nigeria wants to focus on making use of cassava also as flour. This process requires availability of good processing plants which is not yet readily available. Steps are being taken to make these plants available for this process.
To convert cassava to flour, not a lot of processing plants do that in Nigeria so government is trying to encourage people to set up plants to convert them to flour and also to starch. Some years back Nigeria had a few starch processing plants and I think almost all of them folded up for one reason or the other. It was either due to a lack of produce because of the distance the product had to be transported to get there and in the process a lot of produce is destroyed before it gets to them.”The challenge of industrialization within the cassava industry lies with the reducing costs of production and transformation. This will allow for the supply of cheaper processed products to desired quality and standards to markets.
Government is working hard to making breweries and confectionaries to start introducing cassava products into their processes. The government is also working on getting better cassava seedlings.
The seedling we have in Nigeria produce about 12-15 tons per hectare. Whereas smaller countries like Thailand are obtaining over 40-50 tons per hectare. With high yield cassava stem being distributed to the farmers all across the Country Nigerians farmers are now producing 30 tons per hectare. You can get this high yield cassava stem at IITA Ibadan. The government also introduce new fertilizers to boast cassava farming and production in Nigeria.
Dear reader, why not Seize opportunities in cassava farming and business, let me sight an example When telecommunication companies came to Nigeria, I mean MTN, ECONET, some smart Nigerians took advantage and went into partnership with them way back then, today these people are still growing strong and enjoying the industry simply because they took advantage of the opportunities.
There are divers business opportunities in cassava farming, production and processing. In life opportunities come in circles, when one miss them he or she has to wait until the circle is completed, that is why some opportunities come after some years. Not that they won't come but will certainly take a while for anyone to see such an opportunity again, opportunities acted upon at the right time equal to SUCCESS, we always say all we need is TIME, yes we are right, all we NEED is TIME so also all we HAVE is TIME, the universal currency is TIME, God has even everyone 24hrs/day, the same hours give to a person in America are the same hours given to you in Nigeria. Also the big difference between the RICH and the POOR is TIME. The rich act on opportunities at the right TIME but the poor act on opportunities at the wrong TIME and still expect result.
Dear reader one idea acted upon is better than 20billion ideas not acted upon, Act on the opportunities available to you, there are so many income opportunities in agriculture that one can tap into and he or she will be making consistent if not weekly income. Remember, WHAT YOU DONT START DOES NOT GROW, see u @ d TOP
SAM 08033702558
www.agrosupplyriches..com
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Olaryeankarh(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2016
Hehehe. Okay na. If www.mmmwiki.com convinced me and you people are un-convincing me. I will just goan use my money to play bet sad o tii su mi fah!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Moses247(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
DonCrust:
Nice one OP. I warn most of my friends against this program but in there mind, 'I no wish them well'. For now, I'll just fold my arms and wait for that day of reckoning.
Lol.... and that day may never come
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by eay(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Olaryeankarh:
Hehehe. Okay na. If www.mmmwiki.com convinced me and you people are un-convincing me. I will just goan use my money to play bet sad o tii su mi fah!

Oya add me on whatsapp 08092414515
Don't mind all ds anti-mmm ppl
MMM just paid me yesterday yl dey were busy typing trash grin
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
miztaaustin:

Mr man, you don't have a slight knowledge of how MMM operates. Your analysis is totally wrong. Before you criticize a system, you should be at least avail yourself the opportunity of knowing how it works. In MMM, nobody can make a donation exceeding 2.2 million per month. Now 30% OF 2.2 million is 660k per month. So your analysis is xo damn wrong because in 60 months, a member who start with 100k will have 33.9m. Get your shit right and stop saying sth you don't know.

Lol. You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.
If you put in 100k this month, by next month, you will be paid 130k.
It means that you could possibly get ur pay from somebody that put in 100k and another that put in 30k, to make the 130k.
By the following month, the 2 of them that contributed your 130k will get help amounting to 169k. For that to happen, their pay will come from 2 or more people that will contribute 169k in total.
By the next month, all those that contributed the 169k will get help amounting to 219.7k from as many people as possible.
By the 4th month, all the people whose PH amounted to that 219.7k will GH amounting to 285.6k
5th month - 371.3k
6th month - 482.6k
7th month - 627.5k
8th month - 815.7k
9th month - 1.06m
12th month - 2.3m
24th month - 54.3m
36th month - 1.26bn
48th month - 29.46bn
60th month - 686.4bn
Is my calculation still confusing to you?
So can you see how an initial 100k put into this system would have grown to 686.4bn in 5 years, as long as all the people that provided help in that chain get their own help of 30% gain back after one month.
Do you still think this business is sustainable?

3 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by isikefelister: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Longrich is still the best

Longrich Int'l is a Chinese/American multinational company established in 1986 and has been in existence for 30yrs, with its research and development institutions in America, Japan, France & China. Longrich has over 1000 products from eight different categories such as: Cosmetics, Health care products, Household equipment, furniture, Real Estate & Logistics.

Longrich is known for product quality, that’s why they manufacture products under OEM (original Equipment Manufacturer) for big companies like Forbes, GSK, Carrefour, Walmart, Unilever,Marks and Spencer, Estee Launder, Avon, Tesco, WoolWorths, P n G Etc Longrich has the largest and most advanced centre for the research, development, manufacture and sales of cosmetics and health care products in China, with their products in over 50 countries of the world. The company's visionary Chairman Zu Zhiwei is one of China's top Entrepreneurs. The Company is rated 42nd in 2014 Direct selling news (DSN) top 100 mlm companies in the world. Longrich manufactures Top quality fast moving unique and highly effective products like:

1. Superbklean Anion sanitary napkins and pantyliners that helps to eliminate gynecological infections.
2. Mosquito repellent sprays 3. Bamboo soaps
4. Toothpaste
5. Antiperspirants
6. energy cup
7. classy style energy cups 8. sheep placenta SOD body cream
9. Herbal/moisturizing body wash
10. mouthfreshners
11. hand cream
12. immune system boosting wine
13. calcuim
14. Vege fruits instant drink
15. decaffeinated cordycep coffee
16. Energy pot etc

Contact me for more information - 09052273545
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by kenazuu(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
MMM is really helping people who believe is profitable. Is a risk not to take a risk. the risk Nigerians took to vote in APC brought all these mess to us. $1 to N425.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by ToySoldier2: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Lol. You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.
If you put in 100k this month, by next month, you will be paid 130k.
It means that you could possibly get ur pay from somebody that put in 100k and another that put in 30k, to make the 130k.
By the following month, the 2 of them that contributed your 130k will get help amounting to 169k. For that to happen, their pay will come from 2 or more people that will contribute 169k in total.
By the next month, all those that contributed the 169k will get help amounting to 219.7k from as many people as possible.
By the 4th month, all the people whose PH amounted to that 219.7k will GH amounting to 285.6k
5th month - 371.3k
6th month - 482.6k
7th month - 627.5k
8th month - 815.7k
9th month - 1.06m
12th month - 2.3m
24th month - 54.3m
36th month - 1.26bn
48th month - 29.46bn
60th month - 686.4bn
Is my calculation still confusing to you?
So can you see how an initial 100k put into this system would have grown to 686.4bn in 5 years, as long as all the people that provided help in that chain get their own help of 30% gain back after one month.
Do you still think this business is sustainable?
With just one question, I will show you how foolish your permutations are:
As at 2015, the total value of Nigeria’s economy was about $583b { N98. 2 trillion} does it mean that at that time, if you calculate all the physical cash, they will be equal to N98. 2 trillion? Never. Even the government cannot afford the cost of printing that physical cash.

Ask bankers and they will tell you that at that value of the economy, the total physical cash in circulation may not be more than some 3 or 4 trillion. But what happens to the rest? They all take up different forms at a particular point in time. You may think you have N20b in the bank, but unknown to you, that your N20b has been given as loan to someone to create a building somewhere.

Then what happens when you need your money, someone else at that material time also has N20b but does not need it when you need your own will be given to you.

Now this is the strength of MMM, you talk as if all those money will be given to those people at the same time, but no. Each day of the month mind you is a differential and those who have already circled out circle back in by giving another help. That is the way God designed the world. Turn by turn.

Also remember that by that your 60th month when they will be requiring N682 billion naira in payments, they must have given help of about N520 billion which will amount to physical cash available then. And being that they will not all be given at the same time, it means that money will be available for distribution for a lonnnnnnnnnnng while more keep coming in tongue

WHY should I even waste my time teaching you Macroeconomics. Obviously, you are not interested, but nobody needs your advice

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by ziego(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Do you sincerely think this scheme will last for the next 5 years, even if the government doesn't stop it?

Yes the community will last more than 5years if u will take a careful look at this pics u will know how the 30% is generated

Then Whatsapp me for sign up

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tayooluwole: 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
ILIDEFI:

My borther, don't talk afirmatively on what u don't know anything about, every member must withdraw their after every 30 days.Cos d profit that d member made at d end of 30 days will start decreasing. So, no such member will want to leave its money at d fate of decreasing after 30 days. Of course, if a member withdraws his money, there is every tendency that he will re-invest the money even bigger money this time arround. Can you now see the flow of money. Every members invest at different dates, so there is no way every member will be due for payment on d same date. Now, this is to talk of those who are already members, I never talk of thousands of people that troops to join the charity organisation ( mmm ) every day... Guy, mmm is real provided bad belle people will let us rest
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by donlee235: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2016

ILIDEFI:

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by harbayo20(m): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
what i see to all these arguments is simply because lots of people are not ready to work to get the earnings they deserve...how would you put a particular amount of money down and expect more within a month...which product did you sell or which services did you render?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by eay(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
harbayo20:
what i see to all these arguments is simply because lots of people are not ready to work to get the earnings they deserve...how would you put a particular amount of money down and expect more within a month...which product did you sell or which services did you render?

Winners focus on winning while losers focus on the winners.
The truth is that, mmm pays, it has been paying me for the past 3 months and I still collected my money 3days ago...MMM is putting smile on ppls face and you are angry because we are not 'hawking drugs' bfor we get our 30% interest grin
I'm tired of answering ppl on NL...u cn buzz me on whatsapp 08092414515 if you are really interested in knowing more about MMM.
Nagode! Ba damuwa! Se gobe
Join the MMM train or u keep kwayet already...it is my money not ur own

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by glamour29557(f): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
aminho:

My brother thats what happened to me and i lost 500k i can provide help but cant get help
hello, till now you've not gotten your money back?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by davids202(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
My fellow Nigerians let put hands together we will make this work for years. The rich in this country don't want to see the average Nigerians grow let's prove them wrong MMM rocks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Cash Scarcity: See The Bundle Of N100 Mint Note I Was Given At The Bank Counter / Make Money Using Spells / Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27 years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.