Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam (75348 Views)

Reason Why MMM Will Never Be Back / 10 Reasons Why Mmm Will Never Crash Facts! / Zimbabwean MMM Promoters Calls Out On Rumour Mongers, Say MMM Will Never Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by aminho(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
glamour29557:
hello, till now you've not gotten your money back?
yes and it's 5 months and counting
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Menakay(m): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
tempest01:

I'm not supporting SECS statement here or refuting it. What I'm saying is that one day they will close down. I am predicting their modus operandi before closing on how they will get your funds. Try as much as possible not to be among those that "provide help" before they close down.
just like Gold Package dat was paying customers/members their interest at d initial stage but wat happened later on when they ve deceived people with their initial returns dat made people see dem as real? they vamus like wiliwili.
#makeunagetsense#
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by ToySoldier2: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
glamour29557:
hello, till now you've not gotten your money back?
Don't mind him. He has been told to lie here. Nobody has put money into MMM and didn't get it back.
Last month, my boss put about N1, 000,000 and he got over N400, 000 extra

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Menakay(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
niggi4life:
They were warned in 2007 about penny wise, wealth solutions and their different names.
They Never listened
Same thing happened years back in Sapele, Ughelli, Warri etc and organizers named their group As Gold Package, they ran away with millions of naira.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by glamour29557(f): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
ToySoldier2:

Don't mind him. He has been told to lie here. Nobody has put money into MMM and didn't get it back.
Last month, my boss put about N1, 000,000 and he got over N400, 000 extra
I no, am just scared because he gave a proof...I also put 300,000 july and I got 417,000 august
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by glamour29557(f): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
aminho:
yes and it's 5 months and counting
hmmm DAT is a huge amount of money to loose o. am beginning to b scared,.. the worst is dere is nobody to hold responsible.... was it ur first trial?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
ToySoldier2:

With just one question, I will show you how foolish your permutations are:
As at 2015, the total value of Nigeria’s economy was about $583b { N98. 2 trillion} does it mean that at that time, if you calculate all the physical cash, they will be equal to N98. 2 trillion? Never. Even the government cannot afford the cost of printing that physical cash.

Ask bankers and they will tell you that at that value of the economy, the total physical cash in circulation may not be more than some 3 or 4 trillion. But what happens to the rest? They all take up different forms at a particular point in time. You may think you have N20b in the bank, but unknown to you, that your N20b has been given as loan to someone to create a building somewhere.

Then what happens when you need your money, someone else at that material time also has N20b but does not need it when you need your own will be given to you.

Now this is the strength of MMM, you talk as if all those money will be given to those people at the same time, but no. Each day of the month mind you is a differential and those who have already circled out circle back in by giving another help. That is the way God designed the world. Turn by turn.

Also remember that by that your 60th month when they will be requiring N682 billion naira in payments, they must have given help of about N520 billion which will amount to physical cash available then. And being that they will not all be given at the same time, it means that money will be available for distribution for a lonnnnnnnnnnng while more keep coming in tongue

WHY should I even waste my time teaching you Macroeconomics . Obviously, you are not interested, but nobody needs your advice

Macroeconomics indeed! You know all the macroeconomics, and yet your brain tells you that it's possible for a system that has no net input but only a net output to last? A woman has made over 46 million from this business. Some have made over 10 million, and I'm quite sure there are Nigerians that have made over 100 million from this same scheme, and you're telling me it will last looong.
Imagine in the next 3 or 5 years when up to 5 million Nigerians would have pulled out an average of 1 million naira each from this system as profit. That would be over 5 trillion naira which would have left the PH - GH cycle. Please can you tell me the ultimate source of this money that would have been removed and channelled to other things?

3 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by aminho(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
glamour29557:
hmmm DAT is a huge amount of money to loose o. am beginning to b scared,.. the worst is dere is nobody to hold responsible.... was it ur first trial?
nopesecond
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by UjSizzle(f): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
Oh well. Every scam has a winner and a loser. At least my pal knows it's a ponzi scheme.

Make what you can, when you can and cash out. We all know how this will end-- it's simply a matter of when it will happen.

No one has yet been able to explain how the team who manages this MMM make their money. Because if it doesn't make economic sense, then you should be worried... unless of course greed clouds your sense of reasoning.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by jaybee3(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
UjSizzle:
Oh well. Every scam has a winner and a loser. At least my pal knows it's a ponzi scheme.

Invest what you can afford to lose to Make what you can, when you can and cash out. We all know how this will end-- it's simply a matter of when it will happen.

No one has yet been able to explain how the team who manages this MMM make their money. Because if it doesn't make economic sense, then you should be worried... unless of course greed clouds your sense of reasoning.

Fixed
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by UjSizzle(f): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
jaybee3

Lol! Modification accepted grin
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by SUNSHINEDAINTY(f): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
eay:

Even if we explain from now till eternity,u cn never understand Cos u v programmed ur MIND not to. The problem is not 'nigeria', 'buhari', or MMM the problem is our MINDSET.
Wen u r repaired ur mindset...den chat me up on whatsapp @mysignature nd u will get all details.
But pending that time u will reset your mind from being pessimistic can u pls leave us alone and let's enjoy our money frm MMM? sad
We are aware of the RISK already nd moreover it is our money not yours! Can u just shut up already undecided
MMM pays
MMM is real
Long live mmm
#join or #keepkwayet undecided
simple questions that he asked. You should have at least answer one instead of these you wrote here.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by eay(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
SUNSHINEDAINTY:
simple questions that he asked. You should have at least answer one instead of these you wrote here.

grin grin grin
I have answered him already...he's buzzed me on whatsapp grin
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
NPComplete:

This is the problem. Every potential victim of a scam always think they are smarter than the last guy that got scammed.

The victim does all the hard work, you just help him along. Feed the pieces to the victim. The victim takes them because he’s smarter and you're dumber. Place the victim in an environment he can control. The bigger the environment, the easier to control. Toss the dog a bone. Find his weakness. Give him just a little of what he thinks he wants. Distract the victim by getting him consumed with his own consumption.
The bigger and older the trick, the easier it is to pull. He thinks it can’t be that old or big for so many people to have fallen for it. Eventually, when the conman is questioned or challenged, it means the victim’s investment, and thus his intelligence is questioned. No one can accept that. Even to themselves. The victim will eventually hang himself. You just help him along.

--Mr Green, Revolver

One of the best posts i have ever read on nairaland. You deserve a bottle of your preferred beer from me! Lol.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
tempest01:

If you guys really want the MMM to work, I believe there are lots of developers in nigeria, and reputable people can come together and replicate the model. The current site and handlers comeout as a potential fraud. It is going to happen, sooner or later.

These safety nets you mentioned is what will be used to scam you. you'll think it is the safety net working, not knowing that your money is gone.

2nd best post on the thread!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by dagok(f): 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
What is benefits of Guider and what is some benefits that attached to Guider.... Please urgent respond
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by eay(m): 1:48am On Sep 26, 2016
dagok:
What is benefits of Guider and what is some benefits that attached to Guider.... Please urgent respond

I think I have answered your question on the other thread...or better still,i will advise you to ask your guider...or u chat me up on whatsapp
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by shawn5ng(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Mr Oga,
Your analysis is baseless and not wise enough.
How can everyone be paying into same account in this era of information technology. Even in your office almost everybody is doing and you while guiders monitors activities of participant to ensure they pay to the right person. Everybody can't compromise now. You need to sit yourself down and study the ideology before you come here to talk trash.

I just laugh when i saw some people writing rubbish without understanding the ideology of MMM. Please if you can't take risk or you are risk averse then keep quiet and watch the risk taker how they make their money. MMM is real and can never go down as far there is PH and GH over and over. Mind you there is no one that will make money on something and u will not go back to that thing. That circle will continue till Jesus christ come.

MMM together we shall change the world.
tempest01:
I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

https://www.nairaland.com/3321916/sec-warns-nigerians-dangers-mmm

Given this topic that was on the front page today, I saw some comments by people and it was noted that ''There is no pool of money with the current MMM and therefore they can't run away''.

Given the nature of their business, with no investments and the fact that they have put in resources in place to allow for this trade to happen, it is pertinent that one day or another, they will close down, and they won't go through that stress without duping people of their money. Seeing the topic today, I had to register and checkout how the model works , and also brainstorm on the eventual way the MMM operators will dupe those that are in the system.

I am giving a scenario here and though it may not play out the same way, there should be no denying the fact that one day - which i wll term as ''the day of reckoning''. the MMM site will shut operations and will try to make as much as possible from your funds before that.

Now here is the scenario. As there is no pool as someone rightly said, I registered and saw the mode of operation. It is worthy of note that the same MMM site runs in several countries:-

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

So from my postulation, the fold-up will happen in a month - The month of reckoning-- across all MMM sites on that month because anything short of that will send panic to other countries and they won't maximize.

The scenario i see playing out is that the handlers will have bank accounts or agents in all countries of operations and in the month of reckoning, as there is no pool of money, all the ''get help'' requests will be paused - Not paused perse, but no ''get help'' request will go through and will be pending as they won't publish it.

Now the ''Provide help'' will be allowed to work, but the account shown will be that of the handlers of the site (or their agents) and people will keep providing help, but it goes to the scam account. Now this will go on for a month as you have to wait for a month to use your Mavro. The first people that will notice the scam will be the ''Get help'' People as they will keep waiting, but no help will come. Then ''Provide help'' people will come to know after a while and they MMM people will release a statement saying the ''business model experiment failed and they are shutting down''

Be wise Nigerians....

Alternative views and constructive arguments are welcome

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by lollarj(f): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
dagok:
If they say MMM is a Scam, no qualms but…. Ask them this questions ,
When Nepa over bills/gives estimated bills…it is not a scam.
When DSTV still charges you for not using ur subscription due to no NEPA light….it is not a scam
When filling stations adjust pump and sell at 160 per liter in disguise…it is not a scam
When bank deduct several money/charges from your account for nothing…it is not a scam
When politicians loot national treasury without probe while our infrastructures gets dilapidated, no jobs for the youth, no money to pay workers salaries….. This too no be scam stall
What about the fake Immigrations recruitment that claimed lots of innocent lives….that one sef no be scam Abi?
Police recruitments that requires only N10,000 men yet they charged 1,000 for form that over 100,000 youths bought….. More like scam to me.
Rubbish!!!
The same Punch Newspaper/ media houses used to advertise sport betting, baba ijebu and national lottery and gambling and yet, thats not a scam!!!!
When poor tax payers pay for the development of Nigeria and buhari uses the money for abroad trips and medical treatment is a scam.
When buhari sells dollars for N420 so that his Hausa Northerner brothers can make more money is a pure scam
When buhari gas agreed to swap Boko Haram members with chibok girls is a pure scam because that’s not his campaign promise
When buhari keeps quite to allow herdsmen to Kill innocent Nigerian is a scam on humanity
When governors refuses to pay salaries and yet they move in convoy and drive cars with the millions of naira is a scam
When they claim to be fighting terrorism and send soldiers without enough ammunitions to die but share arms money amongst themselves while chibok girls are been used as sex slaves…. Dem no see scam for these ones too.
Only because MMM is bringing ordinary people worldwide together to help one another financially freely and get rewarded 30% for it..
Nigerians, shine your eyes oooo!
MMM is not a scam, rather the government wants you to be more poor so they can use you during campaign as thouts and thugs and after election they will still send police to arrest you as a criminal but they are the ones that teach you how to commit the crime
I just wanna make Mavro Sense.

Ok but one scammer calling out another scammer doesnt make him a liar.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by lollarj(f): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
nunogomez:

when your friend joined they used his money to pay someone. now they used someone else's money to pay your friend.

Ponzi scheme !
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by forexprophet(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author=tempest01 post=48996183]I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

Given this topic that was on the front page today, I saw some comments by people and it was noted that ''There is no pool of money with the current MMM and therefore they can't run away''.

Given the nature of their business, with no investments and the fact that they have put in resources in place to allow for this trade to happen, it is pertinent that one day or another, they will close down, and they won't go through that stress without duping people of their money. Seeing the topic today, I had to register and checkout how the model works , and also brainstorm on the eventual way the MMM operators will dupe those that are in the system.

I am giving a scenario here and though it may not play out the same way, there should be no denying the fact that one day - which i wll term as ''the day of reckoning''. the MMM site will shut operations and will try to make as much as possible from your funds before that.

Now here is the scenario. As there is no pool as someone rightly said, I registered and saw the mode of operation. It is worthy of note that the same MMM site runs in several countries:-

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

So from my postulation, the fold-up will happen in a month - The month of reckoning-- across all MMM sites on that month because anything short of that will send panic to other countries and they won't maximize.

The scenario i see playing out is that the handlers will have bank accounts or agents in all countries of operations and in the month of reckoning, as there is no pool of money, all the ''get help'' requests will be paused - Not paused perse, but no ''get help'' request will go through and will be pending as they won't publish it.

Now the ''Provide help'' will be allowed to work, but the account shown will be that of the handlers of the site (or their agents) and people will keep providing help, but it goes to the scam account. Now this will go on for a month as you have to wait for a month to use your Mavro. The first people that will notice the scam will be the ''Get help'' People as they will keep waiting, but no help will come. Then ''Provide help'' people will come to know after a while and they MMM people will release a statement saying the ''business model experiment failed and they are shutting down''

Be wise Nigerians....

[/quoteHow many times will you be told that MMM IS NOT AN INVESTMENT. If you don't know the ideology, you will never understand it. The only thing Nigerian know about getting money is buying and selling. Unfortunately, there are other ways of of taking advantage of money circulation and the timing BTW cashflows to make money. My economic teacher taught us how bank create money from nothing using the same principle. Google and read more about banking system. Who told you that banks,insurance houses, pension schemes get their money only from interest on loan? You are deceived if you think so. Interest alone cannot even pay have of their staff.....The hidden part of this financial institutions business is money creation which have been hidden for centuries is what MMM is using for the advantage of the public. Since you know how to Google for bad news try to do positive research.

Have been wondering why NOBODY HAVE EVER TALKED ABOUT FOOTBALL BETTING, LOTTERY, BABA IJEBU ETC.....In fact the government give some of them license cos the money goes to the pocket of few owners who have connection with government.

MMM is out of their reach cos the money circulate among participant.. Its not in the bank where they can freeze it and then steal it under the guise of the law
Long live MMM
Long live haters...so that they can see it pro

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Paulpraise00195: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
christiengeorge:
I never trusted this whole thing,my friend comes to my house everyday to preach about MMM,surprisingly he was abLe to convince my broda and his galfriend and the girl had to register with 100 k.I warned dem dey didn't heed, me am waiting for day of reckoning

Come back here to tell us the outcome, 145k back to his account Yes or No? Keep fooling yourself you'd better join before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Bsideboi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=ziego post=49003317]

Multi level marketing

Worst business [/quotewhy say so...who doesnt want easy money?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tundejoseph4(m): 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
ILIDEFI:

You're a guider? Fantastic! I've seen the perfect person to provide answer to my concern. Perhaps I will 'invest' in this business if I get an answer that makes sense.

Are you aware that an initial 100k put into the system as 'provide help' which will fetch the participant 130k 'get help' after 1 month will ultimately amount to:
2.3 million after 12 months
54.3 million after 24 months
1.26 billion after 36 months
29.46 billion after 48 months
686.4 billion after 60 months.
What this means is that after 5 years, 686.4 billion naira will be needed to pay the last set of people that provided help (ie people that provided help in the 59th month from the time that the initial 100k help was given).
Can you now see how 100k turned to 686.4 billion in 5 years?

Again, if the total help given this month is 1 billion, by next month, it must be at least 1.3 billion for those who provided help this month to get help. By the following month, it must be at least 1.69 billion. It keeps compounding and after 24 months, it will become 542 billion.
In 36 months, that 1 billion becomes 12.6 trillion.
In 48 months, 294 trillion.
In 60 months, 6.8 quadrillion.

Do you sincerely think this scheme will last for the next 5 years, even if the government doesn't stop it?

u can't place more than 3.5millions
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by IdumaCharles: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
tempest01:
I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

Be wise Nigerians....

The only reason why MMM will crash is when the participants starts listening to people like you and stop helping each other, The Federal Govt is so endeared to it's citizens that they are begging us to stay away from MMM, have you ever asked yourself why the same govt allows Merrybet, Surebet and all the other gambling companies to thrive? it is because these companies pay taxes to the govt so the govt really cares less about how much we loose to the soccer bet companies..

Now MMM comes with a genuine way to help each other make a living and the Federal govt and others who care to doubt are out there with megaphones to discourage participants.. Nigerians have to learn and stop being slaves to our own mentality. Life is about risks... The bigger the risk, the greater the glory

MMM rules
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by akanbiaa(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
sidneyj:
419 cant dupe hardworking and unselfish person....it is only bunch of lazy ass who thinks ''to invest is to plant little money and watch it grow into a big forest... waiting to hear the end of it
With this mindset Laborers would have been wealthy people. Work Smart not hard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Stop Buying Cat Fish Foods. Cheaper Ways To Feed Ur Fish Here. / Your Dormant Bank Account Could Put You In Trouble / Make Money Using Spells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.