Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes (2605 Views)

10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. / New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by lukkie(m): 12:27am On Oct 04, 2009
On Wednesday September 30, at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua smiled and beamed as he launched the polymer currency notes for the country. But far away in Australia, crack detectives were reviewing case files in Canberra, making sense of which, and how many, Nigerian officials shared about 750 million Naira in bribe money from the Australian polymer company, Securency, to secure the contract to supply the polymer notes to the Nigerian government.

More on http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5466640-146/story.csp

and

http://www.theage.com.au/national/rba-company-bribed-nigerians-20091001-gerh.html
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by mystikal(m): 1:30am On Oct 04, 2009
there always have to be something
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Fhemmmy: 1:35am On Oct 04, 2009
No project in Nigeria can go without some kickbacks.
Tell me something new
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by OAM4J: 2:06am On Oct 04, 2009
Na today?
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by bidemi12(m): 2:09am On Oct 04, 2009
Government contract, bribery, corruption, payoffs, so what else is new? grin
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 04, 2009
I was certain something like this would happen, So what happens next?
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by spectacula(m): 2:18am On Oct 04, 2009
THATS THE NORMALITY IN nIGERIAN LEADERS BLOOD, BRIBE
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by chino4(m): 2:23am On Oct 04, 2009
na wah oh grin
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by r231(m): 2:52am On Oct 04, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by bawomolo(m): 4:08am On Oct 04, 2009
tell us something we don't know
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 4:10am On Oct 04, 2009
e don tey. . . grin
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by luv2talk(m): 4:15am On Oct 04, 2009
Well,na normal thing for Naija, shiooooooooooooooo
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by chukudibab(m): 5:32am On Oct 04, 2009
na today. .huh
no be him start em na our inheritant from the formal leaders lipsrsealed
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Witi(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2009
This is not a new thing every contract in Government is smeared with over inflation of contract and bribery. sad
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Bugi: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2009
I am amazed at the reactions of people to this sordid event. The fact that bribery and graft has persisted among public officers even before Independence does not warrant the nonchalance of Nigerians or justifies the act of corruption. In Australia where this scandal originated, the Police are investigating the various people concerned and one official of the currency company has already thrown in the towel. These are the things to trigger our thinking on how to fight the monster called corruption. Has it ever occurred to any of you that citizens play a vital role in this fight? Don't just sit there and make very unintelligent contribution to a grave problem.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Rooneyboy(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2009
Na their time , make them enjoy.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Rooneyboy(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2009
@ Bugi , now that you've known was ur next line of action ? (CORRUPTION FIGHTER)
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by santakris(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2009
Its not new in naija. Nothing goes for nothing. Ba kyau wahlai.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Bugi: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2009
@Rooneyboy, you are still a boy! Your comment "Na their time , make them enjoy," to say the least is disgusting. Enjoy what? Our commonwealth? In God's name dissociate yourself from thieves and where to start this fight is from your goodself, and that is to purge you of your ignorance.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2009
Well said Bugi. Unfortunately not many Nigerians share your views.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Bbeee: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2009
no b new thing na`
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Utali(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2009
Lord have Mercy
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by toosoon(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2009
Pls tell something New
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Dclique(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2009
Bbeee:

no b new thing na`

Who won dey thief 10 and 50 NAIRA NOTEs, When 1k still exists?
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Akpangbon: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2009
Poster

You should originate this thread for the Australian people, not for Nigerians.

Bribery and corruption is the bane of government worldwide, go to Iraq and see what bribe is offered to companies to get reconstruction deals to American companies.

Fu ck you Poster - nothing is new.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2009
What do u expect.Can any contract be awarded in nigeria without KICK BACKS? At d end no1 Will be prosecuted.Ask about Harliburton case,Aondoakaa has nothing tell us.Yeye person
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 11:35am On Oct 04, 2009
And so if it is the common thing is the world and Nigeria, it should be allowed to continue?

Nigeria actually has no hope if the youths have this kind of view. Anyway how do I blame people who cannot pass exams without bullet and runs.

It is pathetic.

Who awarded the contract? Soludo? I guess, he has a some questions to answer.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2009
Bugi:

I am amazed at the reactions of people to this sordid event. The fact that bribery and graft has persisted among public officers even before Independence does not warrant the nonchalance of Nigerians or justifies the act of corruption. In Australia where this scandal originated, the Police are investigating the various people concerned and one official of the currency company has already thrown in the towel. These are the things to trigger our thinking on how to fight the monster called corruption. Has it ever occurred to any of you that citizens play a vital role in this fight? Don't just sit there and make very unintelligent contribution to a grave problem.

the man receiving the lashes is not the same as the one counting. oya start the war on corruption and we shall follow in your footsteps. can you swear you neva received a bribe this week that just passed.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Infoseye(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2009
That's what this country Nigeria knows to fraud, at anything chance they get!
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by anonimi: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2009
Anytime you are a victim or know of a victim of armed robbery, kidnapping, death by generator fumes, accident due to pothole riddled road/no street light etc just think about those who received these bribes and so deprived us of infrastuctures that could have been built. Also think of your ex-classmates who will be jobless for ever as factories close in 9ja for Ghana where there is less corruption and public utilities work.
meanwhile Soludo dey talk sey im wan make Anambra into Dubai and the suckers believe him.

al-qaeda:

the man receiving the lashes is not the same as the one counting. oya start the war on corruption and we shall follow in your footsteps. can you swear you neva received a bribe this week that just passed.

the guy already started so join if you want by identifying those in your circuit living above their legit income and report them to EFCC, POLICE, INTERPOL, FBI etc.
do your bit and stop complaining about bad leaders only
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2009
anonimi:

Anytime you are a victim or know of a victim of armed robbery, kidnapping, death by generator fumes, accident due to pothole riddled road/no street light etc just think about those who received these bribes and so deprived us of infrastuctures that could have been built. Also think of your ex-classmates who will be jobless for ever as factories close in 9ja for Ghana where there is less corruption and public utilities work.
meanwhile Soludo dey talk sey im wan make Anambra into Dubai and the suckers believe him.

the guy already started so join if you want by identifying those in your circuit living above their legit income and report them to EFCC, POLICE, INTERPOL, FBI etc.
do your bit and stop complaining about bad leaders only

sorry i don't think i'll be joining the bandwagon, cuz nothing can be done or achieved without a bribe. everything remains on standstill until you bribe. i for one will never stop bribing until i get what i want without having to bribe for it.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 11:59am On Oct 04, 2009
al-qaeda:

sorry i don't think i'll be joining the bandwagon, cuz nothing can be done or achieved without a bribe. everything remains on standstill until you bribe. i for one will never stop bribing[b] until i get what i want without having to bribe for it.[/b]

And who will bring that to happen? Your ancestors in grave? Watch your back, there is a drone after you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

15000 Liter Tanker For Rent / Best Online Business In Nigeria / INVESTMENT OPPURTUNITY IN COOKING GAS (LPG). RETAIL DISTRIBUTION AND STORAGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.