Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business (16543 Views)

Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business / Recession: 12 Ways To Earn Foreign Currency Legitimately In Nigeria / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by leksmedia: 6:26am On Sep 02, 2016
If there is one question i have heard over a million times it’s “How do i get funding for my business?”. These question normally comes in different forms such as; How do i get capital for my business?, How do i raise money to start a business? , How do i finance my business idea? etc. So i decided to write this article to share different ways to get funding for your business.

One of the greatest challenges every startup or entrepreneur faces, is the problem of financing a business, raising capital to start a business or growing an existing business.

It doesn’t matter whether you are in business or a startup, there comes a stage in your business where you will need to raise money or more money. So if you have an idea that you are planning to take to the next level. Here are ways to get funding for your business:

Check Out How to make money online

Ways to get Funding for your business

1. Personal Funds : The first thing that should come to your mind when looking for capital to fund your business is, How much do you currently have to start the business, will the money be enough to kickstart, this will enable you to come up with the total amount you will be needing for the business.

2. Friends and Family: Most startups usually get their first funding through friends and families. These could be your best friend, your parent, your in-law, colleagues, close associates etc

3. Micro finance: One of the easiest forms of getting a loan or money to start a business as a small and medium enterprise (SME) is through micro finance banks, you will hardly need to provide a collateral, you can get up to 5 million Naira depending on your business strength. The interest rates for micro finance loans are pretty low compared to commercial banks. Micro finance banks don’t give long term loans.

4. Grants: When looking for capital to start a business, it will be very wise to try all available options which includes grants either from your government or charitable organisations who gives grants to help enterpreneurs and upcoming businesses. Grants are non-repayable funds which could be in form of money, products, machinery, goods or waiver to assist a businesses.

5. Get a partner: Another great way to fund your business is to get a partner. In this case you have an idea and your partner have the funds, then you could form a partnership based on an agreed equity between the two parties. Terms and conditions needs to be clearly laid down.

6. Venture capital: Before you contact a venture capitalist you really need to understand how they work. Most venture capitalist invest in early startups or existing business with great potentials with the aim of taking a huge share in the business. So if you are not comfortable with giving a large share of your business out to someone else. This might not be for you.

7. Angel Investors Fund: Angel investors are direct opposite of venture capitalist. Angel Investors provide funding to help your business grow and success rather than the benefit they will derive from your business.

8. Bank Loans: One of the most popular yet difficult sources of financing your business is the bank loans. Banks requires so many documentation and collateral before loans can be given. And unlike microfinance loans which could be access in a matter of days , bank loans often take longer and the interest rates can be killing.

9. Corporative: Any easy way to access almost an interest free capital to start your business is to join a corporative of like minded people that offers loan facilities to their members which could be in form of overdraft, soft loans, interest free loans etc

10. Credit: Another easy way to source for funding for your business if you are into product sales or manufacturing is to get credit facility from your distributor to enable your to do bulk purchase and pay at a later date.

11. Apply for business funding competitions: Another great way to fund your business is to apply for business funding competitions, business and entrepreneur reality show

12. Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding is the act or practice of seeking for funds for a project, business idea or venture through many donors or contributors via the internet. This allows you to solicit for funds from the general public to fund your business.

Source Business Mopol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by leksmedia: 6:27am On Sep 02, 2016
To seek funding for your business, you need to understand the various options available. Don't let that great idea die due to lack of funding http://www.businessmopol.com/how-to-get-funding-for-your-business/
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by omogidi234(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2016
Following.
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by IMASTEX: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2016
nice info
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2016
Meet AMCON or EFCC to loan you some of the seized funds cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by oluwasegun007(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2016
All of the listed options above is not reliable in this our present economy...

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Lincoln275(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2016
u beta add MMM too

3 Likes

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by guywitzerogal(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2016
DAT will b after 2019.... No fund available any were in 9ja

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by msmon(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Inc

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by truthspeaks: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2016
Dis one na Business studies class
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by ventoh: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2016
Gud read!
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Emeka71(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Another way to get funding is by showing your business proposal to Pastor Tunde Bakare.
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by wizkidblogger(f): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2016
Thanks
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by tonywap: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2016
All of the listed options above is not reliable in this our present economy... Business studiesMp3 Download Mp3 Download
zip album download zip album download

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Larryfest(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2016
oluwasegun007:
All of the listed options above is not reliable in this our present economy...
I tell you my bro,even no 1 that should have been the most sweetest option is very difficult to save up in this present economy..
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by NJPot(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2016
I give loans without collateral. But not more than 50k to help and encourage young entrepreneurs

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by yankeedude(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
Nice post.
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by lexo99: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2016
Pls, how do one acess the micro finance
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by egopersonified(f): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2016
I always wonder why we always say 'these won't work in Nigeria', have you tried it?
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
dead on arrival....pls whatever is not realistic should not make front page...we need applicable knowledge....not fantasy sweet talks.
great writeup...but you could have done better providing practical examples and instances;bodies one could approach to get fund.
the only realistic option is that of getting a partner that can support.

1 Like

Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Heromaniaa: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
NJPot:
I give loans without collateral. But not more than 50k to help and encourage young entrepreneurs

I need a loan
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by omogidi234(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Keneking:
Meet AMCON or EFCC to loan you some of the seized fund ;Ds cheesy
grin ;D4
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by bemagnify: 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
NJPot:

how do I contact u.... Drop ur email or number
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Akalia(m): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
NJPot:

sir I am interested in your offer, how do we connect for further talks?
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by registration(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
check my signature
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by ponti93(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
NJPot:

please i need ur loan o, how can i acess it
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by NJPot(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
ponti93:
please i need ur loan o, how can i acess it

Follow the link below. For only Nigerians please.

http://chukonearth..ch/
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by BE811APP: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
angry
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by tyconcepts(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
leksmedia:

11. Apply for business funding competitions: Another great way to fund your business is to apply for business funding competitions, business and entrepreneur reality show

Kindly elaborate on this with examples please.
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by oluwasegun007(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Larryfest:

I tell you my bro,even no 1 that should have been the most sweetest option is very difficult to save up in this present economy..

That's the unfortunate reality..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business by Francon(f): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
NairaBet

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Places To Buy Tailoring Materials / Removing Import Restrictions Will Lift 1.3M Nigerians Out Of Poverty– World Bank / Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO Says Operations Of Nigerian Subsidiary Is Fraudulent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.