Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,727 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? (35083 Views)

5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn / How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres / 13 Basic Driving Ethics Nigerian Drivers Don’t Practice (2) (3) (4)

Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by AutoJoshNG: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2016
It was 2009 when I first noticed two cars parked on the same side of the road. It seemed absurd and I thought it was a one-off as the reason for such style of parking was difficult to fathom.

Today, triple parking has become trendy as some drivers display their driving prowess by gluing their cars to another car that is already parked.

It is absolutely disheartening because this is a major cause of avoidable traffic congestion as well as road accidents.

This style of parking is usually found around parties, beer parlours, taxi parks, churches etc.

If an unreasonable double parking is a traffic offence, what do we call the triple parking?

http://autojosh.com/are-nigerian-drivers-graduating-from-double-parking-to-triple-parking/

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Raydos: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Change!

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2016
That girl sha......her own car was parked properly, even on a third lane, please call LASTMA to jack others

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by samkevie: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2016
seems so
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by femiakinbully(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2016
The road no busy na... undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by holluwai(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
No be small craze grin

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by wagazala: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
So many cars, very little space. My street for instance has more cars than houses and we sometimes park like this.

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nihilist: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by soberdrunk(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Lagos drivers sha!!
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by bdemix(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
I dont understand how this post is relevant....

smh

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by johnchukky: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Hahahaha
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by yorex2011: 11:59am On Sep 02, 2016
Good afternoon everyone!

Share the love around, help others, be kind, be compassionate...

Call your wife, tell her you love her, call you husband to say you love..
Call your parents..
Call your friends...
Break no hearts..
And treat all with equity, fairness and love.

Cos this life we living in, is more than what we see with our naked eyes.

Be an instrument of peace,
Be a tool that'll make the world a better place.
Believe in yourself..
Have faith in others..
And watch amazing things happen...

Saw something that reminded me of some pain i once felt.. Hence my writing this..
One of the mechanisms i use to restore my happiness..

Peace be with you all..

Nigerians been parking anyhow since days of old

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by legendte(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2016
How many of them went to driving school. Op inclusive.
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
It was 2009 when I first noticed two cars parked on the same side of the road. It seemed absurd and I thought it was a one-off as the reason for such style of parking was difficult to fathom.

Today, triple parking has become trendy as some drivers display their driving prowess by gluing their cars to another car that is already parked.

It is absolutely disheartening because this is a major cause of avoidable traffic congestion as well as road accidents.

This style of parking is usually found around parties, beer parlours, taxi parks, churches etc.

If an unreasonable double parking is a traffic offence, what do we call the triple parking?

http://autojosh.com/are-nigerian-drivers-graduating-from-double-parking-to-triple-parking/

Lack of adequate traffic legislation is the greatest headache faced by decent Nigerian roads users. You complain, you waste your time. It's only Lagos that's taking a bold step against this road rubbish. Even though it has been very tough for LASTMA, I believe it will eventually yield results.
Meanwhile, check my signature and do the needful.

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Just the topic cracks me open grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by NameChecker: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
I dey come
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by idris4r83(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
The road is wide
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by free2ryhme: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigerians don't have parking sense

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by FrankSean: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
DON'T BE SURPRISE WITH WHAT YOU SEE IN NIGERIA (LAGOS TO BE PRECISE) IS A LAWLESS LAND OOO!!!.
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by FrankSean: 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
DON'T BE SURPRISE WITH WHAT YOU SEE IN NIGERIA (LAGOS TO BE PRECISE) IS A LAWLESS LAND OOO!!!. shocked sad cool lipsrsealed

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
OP composes multiple paragraphs ranting about triple parking yet not a triple park picture was posted.

The problem stems from the average Nigerian not attending driving school when learning. In driving school minor offences of this sort are touched upon.

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by henrydadon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
we ain't graduating from anything

our motorist are the worst

we don't obey simple law and order in nigeria

and it affecting us badly

they park anywhere parkable grin

the one that annoy me most is when they are celebrating a party and they block the whole street simply because of a party

forgetting that there are other road users

[img]http://i./Y8ZnlonMUAlLG.gif[/img]

if u know u want to die u try and obey zebra crossing in nigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Eliteklaus(m): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
I no say that place na Benin, e no fit pass dem
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by yankeedude(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Noted. I will inform LASTMA about this new development grin.
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
soberdrunk:
Lagos drivers sha!!

Not jist Lagos. Its every where. North,South, east and west
Its when you start driving in Nigeria you will know that Nigerians are the most self centred, selfish uncaring , unfeeling set of psychopaths on the face of this earth
and yet they wonder why their leaders are like them

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by wheesin(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
no one cares in this ridiculous country. imagine parking and covering 60% of the road width. A large road is reduced to a ridiculous sizeundecided
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
are u a learnerif u can drive in nja u can drive anywhere in the world.
AutoJoshNG:

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by osahonmk(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
the width of the road determines the level of double parking cheesy

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by electrokcoi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
every driver in this country bote private and commacial should be undergoing mental checkup every month, bcs I think 90% of them are abnormal

Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by electrokcoi(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
every driver in this country bote private and commercial should be undergoing mental checkup every month bcs 90% of them are abnormal, I tell you
Re: Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? by truthspeaks: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yet they ll say we r in an era of discipline. Buhari sef

Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car / General Motors Will No Longer Produce These 6 Cars / 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean