Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos (73758 Views)

Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos / Manatee Killed At Oguta Lake In Imo (Photos) / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by CirocBoi(m): 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
nigeriancritic1:
duck-billed platypus

Oga please watch natgeo more. you are wrong
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by manando1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wingback:
Nigerians In guiness book of records for most pepper soup recipe

Fish peppersoup
Isi ewu peppersoup
Goat peppersoup
Ogufe peppersoup
Asun
Bush rat peppersoup
Monkey peppersoup
Lalastuclala favorite...SNAKE PEPPERSOUP
Whale peppersoup
Tortoise peppersoup

And now Manatee pepper---Hold up, I dont see no pots, firewood, pepper or boiling water, you mean they killed that interesting creature for killing sake?

What kind of retarrds are these? If you must kill wildlife at least have a reason no matter how stupid it might sound...SMH
reason killed for new kind of peppersoup na

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by jokerphilics(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
galaxy15:
that's a seal. Nawa for naija everything Na meat the person should have captured it and taken it to the zoo he'll surely be paid handsomely but we too like food.
Where d money dey. Abi na u go gv am money wen him reach dere. Maybe him Neva see money buy meat all ds days God con provide u con dey talk one kind. Na salah dey for corner so. Guy dey chop meat dey go as u know say more meat na more visitors.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by hahn(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pavore9:

Make sure you are not smoking that weed on an empty stomach! cheesy cheesy cheesy

He wey shine eye must shine belle join grin
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
annunaki2:

It's an African manatee otherwise known as a sea cow.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://www.ourendangeredworld.com/species/endangered-animals-water/west-african-manatee/

Our people need to be better informed especially about endangered animals and need for preserving them. They need to know which animal is what. They also need to know what is in it for them to motivate their hungry selves.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Damola00: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
annunaki2:

It's an African manatee otherwise known as a sea cow.

Bro it's not elephant cow, this is 'elephant seal'

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://www.ourendangeredworld.com/species/endangered-animals-water/west-african-manatee/
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Rozaystunna(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

Everything must be innocent to you guys. Cows, goats, chickens and turkeys were never guilty, yet we eat them and crave for them like our life depends on them (which is true, by the way grin)

What I'm saying is, no animal is guilty. We are at the top of the food chain and meat eating need no jury to give a verdict whether to eat meat or not. Such is the way of the world.
iswr my guy. damn I hate animal activist Dem too d cry. Lemme catch any of den eating chicken near me I ll snatch it from Dem am scream endangered chicken grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by babaowambe: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
That is the most gentle, innocent of all sea creatures, it is a manatee, sea cow or dugout it's curiosity got it killed not all sea creatures are meant to be eaten
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by kestine(m): 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Its a sea dog
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by jokerphilics(m): 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rozaystunna:
iswr my guy. damn I hate animal activist Dem too d cry. Lemme catch any of den eating chicken near me I ll snatch it from Dem am scream endangered chicken grin grin cheesy
No mind DAT guy.when dem gv am ram meat him go chop oo. Him dey say him be activist. Activist my foot, him suppose no eat anything again coz doz plants wey him dey eat so too na living tinz.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by babaowambe: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
Dugong not dugout point of correction
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Sanchez01: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rozaystunna:
grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by bigtt76(f): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
At this rate, our young ones may never see these rare animals angry Our people are just killing and chopping dem all grin
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
alapomejishegs:
It is not a duck-billed platypus. this one does not have four legs, a duck-billed platypus has four legs.
its a sea lion dude
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by DLuciano: 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wingback:

Fish peppersoup
Isi ewu peppersoup
Goat peppersoup
Ogufe peppersoup
Asun
Bush rat peppersoup
Monkey peppersoup
Whale peppersoup
Tortoise peppersoup

And now Manatee pepper---Hold up, I dont see no pots, firewood, pepper or boiling water, you mean they killed that interesting creature for killing sake?

What kind of retarrds are these? If you must kill wildlife at least have a reason no matter how stupid it might sound...SMH
you forgot Nairaland alligator and crocodile pepper soup.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

Everything must be innocent to you guys. Cows, goats, chickens and turkeys were never guilty, yet we eat them and crave for them like our life depends on them (which is true, by the way grin)

What I'm saying is, no animal is guilty. We are at the top of the food chain and meat eating need no jury to give a verdict whether to eat meat or not. Such is the way of the world.

This is a terrible thing to say to try and justify this act, did you even read the post about this animal being at the brink of extinction? After we are done eating all the animals,what next? I won't be surprise this is how the dinosaurs got extinct on a low key and not some asteroid, imagine a lot of people in this thread don't even know the name of the creature,but they killed it anyway,just because.may God don't just wipe us out "just because"
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by nathpope(m): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
Did u jst say Sea Cow?
Ileya meat don land.....
grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by brownlolly(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
alapomejishegs:
What Kind Of Water Creature Is This?

This water creature was killed in my area at Badagry today and i was wondering what kind of fish or animal is this ,because it was killed inside the water.

The idiots have done it again
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by nototribalist: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
agarawu23:
shocked

I can't eat this thing sad
for this Nigeria? Present yourself, men wey dey go chop you. Nigerians eat anything
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
trust naija, dey go consume am now. For this economy. Haha
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by ukandi1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
galaxy15:
that's a seal. Nawa for naija everything Na meat the person should have captured it and taken it to the zoo he'll surely be paid handsomely but we too like food.

That's indeed a SEAL. But why blame d killer? There is hunger in d land and u say he shud not eat and stay alive cos of some zoo thing that would not put food on his table? Right now, its about survival oh
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by danypst: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
so many animals in the sea. Na wa o.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by armadeo(m): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
youmour:
Why kill such an innocent ,beautiful creature? Why does every animal that cross our path have to die..WHY?

Because we are hungry.

I can bet you that as of now that animal is in someone's small intestines.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
alapomejishegs:

This water creature was killed in my area at Badagry today and i was wondering what kind of fish or animal is this ,because it was killed inside the water.

Instead of you to be watching National Geographic Wild,you were busy watching "End of money part 1-10" on Africa magic. Just kidding! If this is not sea lion then it should be an ugly seal;not sure what it is myself.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by olutosfem(f): 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
ipledge10:
I think I will blame it more or ignorance, most Nigerians don't know these animals, even many zoology graduates. You see most thing that u are not familiar with as a threat, imagine seeing an animal u don't know anything about in the same water that you swim, what will be the first in your mind? Seal...zoology in Nigeria is almost a waste of four year and energy
let's ask our former president now. He should know best abi wetin una think? grin Oga Jonathan over to u sir
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by ChynoBEATS: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
alapomejishegs:

Its a seal ... I can't tell if its an elephant seal or the seal lion ....
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by DIVINE78: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
nigeriancritic1:

duck-billed platypus

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Sayelabola(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wingback:

Fish peppersoup
Isi ewu peppersoup
Goat peppersoup
Ogufe peppersoup
Asun
Bush rat peppersoup
Monkey peppersoup
Whale peppersoup
Tortoise peppersoup

My brother, there is also what is called LION PEPPER SOUP.

Although it is widely known to those of us in the military alone. grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Sayelabola(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
DLuciano:
you forgot Nairaland alligator and crocodile pepper soup.

Don't you forget about DOG PEPPER SOUP. grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by agarawu23(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
nototribalist:
for this Nigeria? Present yourself, men wey dey go chop you. Nigerians eat anything
too bad
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by lekonso: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=Tjohnnay post=49099561]Hm

Afanjos, make una nvr chop am ooo

Una no dey use eye see flesh and blood[/quote
Shut up
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by eniolaamoda: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
nigeriancritic1:

duck-billed platypus

It plabytus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago / China fires up its 'artificial sun' for the first time (Pics) / Photos Of The Snake Man Of Lagos And His Over 30 Different Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.