Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,998 members, 7,799,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos (73747 Views)

Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos / Manatee Killed At Oguta Lake In Imo (Photos) / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by chrisskynet(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
nigeriancritic1:
duck-billed platypus

Baba dat ain't duck billed platypus.. Duck bill ain't big like dat
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by lekonso: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
Tjohnnay:
Hm

Afanjos, make una nvr chop am ooo

Una no dey use eye see flesh and blood

Shut up
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Tjohnnay: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
lekonso:

Shut up
u shut up
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by ipledge10(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
olutosfem:
let's ask our former president now. He should know best abi wetin una think? grin Oga Jonathan over to u sir
i die of oga jona know what that is, the only people that can know it are those that watch Natgeowild, I took a zoology class when I was studying microbiology at Oau, they only gave us stupid names to cram, the lab is offpoint. They gather like 200 students in a lab with 15 microscopes
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by hedocharles(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
Seal lion
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Jacko1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
No wonder all those rumor of mammy water prevails in kankoh and federal ijanikin

See the tail lik mermaid own

Nigerians and killing

Animals of una get sense avoid nigeria cos we no get joy
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by farem: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
galaxy15:
that's a seal. Nawa for naija everything Na meat the person should have captured it and taken it to the zoo he'll surely be paid handsomely but we too like food.

This is not caused by tummy hunger but the emptiness (hunger) of the brain
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Paseus(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
undecidedDo they hv 2 kill it?...this nigerian mentality is so mind buggling. Eveything na meat
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Malayy(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
youmour:
Why kill such an innocent ,beautiful creature? Why does every animal that cross our path have to die..WHY?
you call this ugly scary thing beautiful?

you must be high
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nwunuken(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Endangered animal only found in Nigeria with a total population of only 70.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by aleniboro(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Our grandparents denied us the opportunity of seeing beautiful creatures like this because of their unselective manners of eating anything they come across. That is why we are arguing about what this creature is. We are also denying our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren this opportunity by killing any creature we come across. What a cycle of ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by blackfase(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
What would you like to know about Badagry? You can inbox me if you feel comfy enough...I'm local to the area

gabriel212:

I read you reside in Badagry please let discuss I v interest in some activity in that area.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by aleniboro(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Our grandparents denied us the opportunity of seeing beautiful creatures like this because of their unselective manners of eating anything they come across. That is why we are arguing about what this creature is. We are also denying our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren this opportunity by killing any creature we come across. What a cycle of ignorance!
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by 3kay945(m): 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
youmour:
Why kill such an innocent ,beautiful creature? Why does every animal that cross our path have to die..WHY?

Why ? =
Hunger!
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Rayton(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
That's Manatee
Sea Cow
Curious animal that capsizes boats often times....this stuff should be kept in the Zoo anyway for recreation purposes...
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by BoboFashion(m): 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
For this recess period, make una no chop mamiwater one day. But that's a sea lion tho.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Eliteklaus(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
fish pepper soup don set b that o
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by tsilva: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Na wa o. Nigerians no get chill. Dem go just de kill everything we dem see. I am sure the people that did this can't eat it.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by supereagle(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
galaxy15:
that's a seal. Nawa for naija everything Na meat the person should have captured it and taken it to the zoo he'll surely be paid handsomely but we too like food.
Which zoo will pay them? No Nigeria would subject himself to rigours of come today, come tomorrow to collect money.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Sanchez01: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
youmour:

This is a terrible thing to say to try and justify this act, did you even read the post about this animal being at the brink of extinction? After we are done eating all the animals,what next? I won't be surprise this is how the dinosaurs got extinct on a low key and not some asteroid, imagine a lot of people in this thread don't even know the name of the creature,but they killed it anyway,just because.may God don't just wipe us out "just because"
Please stop forming sensitivity on this issue. Before now, tell me, were you aware the African Manatee was endangered before now? Obviously no! It's just that way too to those who killed it. Most people on this thread never had that idea. Let's assume dinosaurs were eaten into extinction, you were reliably informed that it was Nigerians who brought about their end

Every creature is meant for meat before anything else. It's only a few that would consider sparing it. I once ate an octopus at a Lagos restaurant. So what are we talking about? Did the octopus offend me before eating it? Why didn't the high brow restaurant take it to the lab for experiments and research We're humans and feeding on animals is what we do to stay alive.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

Please stop forming sensitivity on this issue. Before now, tell me, were you aware the African Manatee was endangered before now? Obviously no! It's just that way too to those who killed it. Most people on this thread never had that idea. Let's assume dinosaurs were eaten into extinction, you were reliably informed that it was Nigerians who brought about their end

Every creature is meant for meat before anything else. It's only a few that would consider sparing it. I once ate an octopus at a Lagos restaurant. So what are we talking about? Did the octopus offend me before eating it? Why didn't the high brow restaurant take it to the lab for experiments and research We're humans and feeding on animals is what we do to stay alive.

Enjoy my nigga,unlike you and your cohorts on NL i knew about the manatee and its rarity,because you are a dumb Nigerian doesn't mean every Nigerian is like you,if I was to pick you or the manatee you will be vultures dinner by now.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Sanchez01: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
youmour:

Enjoy my nigga,unlike you and your cohorts on NL i knew about the manatee and its rarity,because you are a dumb Nigerian doesn't mean every Nigerian is like you,if I was to pick you or the manatee you will be vultures dinner by now.
And I thought you were sane to be engaged. I'd really need to see the aquarium in your house. And if you don't have any, kindly preserve the 10MB gifted to you and stop forming sensitivity over some issues you're clueless about. Google 'Manatee Meat' and educate your warped mind, and discover that it is one of the most sought after aquatic meat in the world.

I was thinking I'd gladly educate your deluded mind but your vain-glorious, air-filled head wouldn't let you see my point clearly. My friend, scoot.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by ensamy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Chaii chaii poor seal.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
nigeriancritic1:

duck-billed platypus

U don watch AVATAr? Na avatar ride jare!
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by kechywillz(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
For naija every sea creature is meat,they kill and eat anything angry
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by kabukabu(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sanchez01:

This again proves how slow some of the people in this forum can be.
Chai now wonder there is almost zero tourism in Nigeria today, look at Kenya, Uganda they have almost completely killed all their rare elephants,lions and numerous species, it took foreigners to educate them that they can make money by protecting these animals so ppl come from far and wide to pay to see them.
Obolo number one
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Trunquejnr(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wingback:
Nigerians In guiness book of records for most pepper soup recipe

Fish peppersoup
Isi ewu peppersoup
Goat peppersoup
Ogufe peppersoup
Asun
Bush rat peppersoup
Monkey peppersoup
Lalastuclala favorite...SNAKE PEPPERSOUP
Whale peppersoup
Tortoise peppersoup

And now Manatee pepper---Hold up, I dont see no pots, firewood, pepper or boiling water, you mean they killed that interesting creature for killing sake?

What kind of retarrds are these? If you must kill wildlife at least have a reason no matter how stupid it might sound...SMH
They no get mind to chop this one

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by geefasee: 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
galaxy15:
no be say we too like food, na change cause am
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Feanah(f): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hahah Nigerians...seal,platypus,sea elephant..smh*lol,when OP has clearly written the name and if you take just a minute to google it,You'll see it's the same thing and even learn a little about it.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by ensamy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Poor seal. Habba! cant people just admire this beautiful creature and let it live its life? Must there eat everything.
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
This is the same endangered maniteee a.k.a sea cow that.some people are protecting all over the world..After you destroy your environment your environment will destroy you..Nigeria is a country that you hardly tell the the difference between the graduates and an illiterate they act and think the same way..smh
Re: Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos by yomz1e(m): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
Two things I guess never happened in your life.. You flunked Biology class and you don't have animal planet on your DSTV. ...seal ko ....sealant ni

Samelle:
Looks like a seal to me. embarassed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago / China fires up its 'artificial sun' for the first time (Pics) / Photos Of The Snake Man Of Lagos And His Over 30 Different Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.