Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day (67583 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / Mark Zuckerberg Showcases Tayo's Spike Rush App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by contactmorak: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2016
Despite being the sixth richest man in the world with a net worth of $51.7 billion, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, keeps it simple in his dressing. The 31-year old wears the same t-shirt (grey in color) and hoodie everyday.

So, why does he wear the same thing every day? When asked this question sometimes back in 2014, Zuckerberg cited a number of psychological advantages to never changing his look.

He said:

"I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community,” said Zuckerberg.

“I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.”

Simply put, even making little decisions like what to eat or wear can expend energy he’d rather use on making tough choices for his giant social media to make money.

If you spend hours changing in and out of clothes to post your selfies on Facebook and Instagram, you need to think again, except you are really making money from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvFrjy1zA0

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/09/despite-being-sixth-richest-man-in.html

37 Likes 12 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by contactmorak: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2016

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
Hmm. I have to ask, how long does it take to decide and put on an outfit on average? If he's not a narcissist, he saves like what, 5 to 7 minutes at most. Now that's B. S

I like to believe Mark understands the vanity in spending hence his lack of taste in sartorial elegance. The trick is to save time, make decisions easier and save up money.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by ireneony(f): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
Just becos the t-shirt is not flashing does not mean it's worth more than my earnings in 8months.

I remember wen i visited italy, i went to the centro in one city like that...let's say i was Window shopping. .so i went going through the price tag...the lowest price tag i saw was 800€.. i saw a baby sock for 1000€..na i open my mouth.
most of the expensive things i saw were not flashy or attractive but they were very expensive.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by thesicilian: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2016
How does choosing a shirt to wear disrupt your decisions making process? It doesn't take anyone more than a minute to put on a shirt. If you say its just your style that you like the same kind of easy wear shirts, that's understandable.
...Anyway I'm quite aware that everyone laughs at the rich man's jokes...

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Raydos: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2016
If grey-shirt will make me rich, then i want to be wearing it everyday too

grey shirt

grey panties

grey boxers

grey trousers

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by herzern1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.”

I love this!.....

You see someone like Ice Prince and beqin to think......"Does he own a boutique??"....

The guy no dey wear shoe/clothe two times.... grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by thundabot(f): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
THANK YOUR STARS YOUR NOT A NIGERIAN OR AN AFRICAN PEEPS FOR SAY NA DIA YOUR JAZZ DEY.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @THUNDABOT

16 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by teamsynergy: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
that is his lifestyle. the guy is a nerd, a smart head..
I just wonder y some funny peeps tryna compare a programmer with an entertainer.. say wizkid and mark.. imagine, so u expect wizkid to wear round neck ,no bling, and sing about having millions in his account.. if everybody was like mark, he would prolly be broke.. cos y wud I wanna use Instagram or Facebook.. u have to respect pipus line of business and their lifestyle..
if u wanna do comparison, pick mark and Seun or owners of jobermman or hotels.ng or andella .. den, wizkid vs davido or tekno

drops mic

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by pafygodo: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
The Vice President and Mark Zuckerberg at Aso Villa Demo Day Today

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Boleyndynasty2(f): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Imagine, and most people i know spend hours getting dressed to pose and snap a pix for Fbk undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by debque(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
alright....make una leave dis guy n him dressing alone na.....I can see him on suit above me sha..nice

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Adekorya: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Enough of this one shirt, no wrist watch , no security noise you're all making. To be sincere, i find no motivation in it, because if Mark has money and decided not to use wrist it's his choice, and it's not applicable to me.

Don't get me wrong o, I actually envy his success story, but that doesn't mean i should dislike E money , C Ronaldo, Mayweather etc extravagant way of life

So please, let us hear world. When i become rich and famous,i will surely wear designer because i love designers, own a Yacht (big one o), build Mansions instead of house, and employ 40 bodyguards just like Roman Abrahimovic because Nigerian's security system is not reliable enough to protect me. More also, i will gives out and help people especially the poor.

And if you tell me I'm wasting money, i will respond.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Jediel1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Konfam guy joor. Nt lyk all dis celebripigs dat evry body will knw dere complete wardrobe.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by drizslim(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by CBUY: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wow!
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by ashewoboy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
A
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by fatdick(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Just like me too......Rich and endowed men like myself don't live a flashy lifestyle.

My position on Forbes Richest 100? Never mind......that is private too! cool

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by osjoshua(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
thats good....a billonaire servant...
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by princeonx: 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
E go make sense pass if he start wearing work uniform, we no go need to wonder or ask whather he change or not.
This world sef!! All of una Don dey like/love the guy now including for wearing same colour tshirt everyday! If na average guy now, una go conclude say e belong somewhere or dey stingy lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Newsi: 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
And he's 6 times richer than Dangote.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Feshizzy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
I bet the shirt is bulletproof too,
And also has other features we are yet to discover

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
This story is stale...where is lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
The guy is back in Nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Decryptor(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
I love this guy! (No homo)
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Sharon6(f): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ok
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by LordCzar202: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
The simple reason is because of he is JEW. Jewish people have queer traditions involving everyday clothing.

The principal guiding point of tzniut in regard to dress is that a Jew should not dress in a way that attracts attention. This does not mean dressing poorly, but that neither men nor women should dress in a way that overly emphasizes their physical appearance or attracts undue attention. There are many different interpretations of what tzniut means, so people from different communities will often dress differently.

contactmorak:
Despite being the sixth richest man in the world with a net worth of $51.7 billion, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, keeps it simple in his dressing. The 31-year old wears the same t-shirt (grey in color) and hoodie everyday.

So, why does he wear the same thing every day? When asked this question sometimes back in 2014, Zuckerberg cited a number of psychological advantages to never changing his look.

He said:

"I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community,” said Zuckerberg.

“I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.”

Simply put, even making little decisions like what to eat or wear can expend energy he’d rather use on making tough choices for his giant social media to make money.

If you spend hours changing in and out of clothes to post your selfies on Facebook and Instagram, you need to think again, except you are really making money from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvFrjy1zA0

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/09/despite-being-sixth-richest-man-in.html

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by dollaflow(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
ok
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by AlexCk: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Maybe he just likes grey t-shirts and has lots of em.
...Or grey T-shirt reminds him of something cool

For heaven's sake, clothing doesn't necessarily tell the personality of an individual. Jeez,
Its a free world. Do what makes you comfy. Period!! !

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by junnyjake(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
really?

'Different strokes for different folks.'

If he feels comfortable with that, no p, but as for me being someone with taste when it comes to fashion, my class ought to reflect on the way I dress if I'm as rich as him, and still have enough time for major decision making. And for those ready to quote me without understanding my post O.Y.O.

We are made of different psychological composition, and since this works for him, it doesn't mean same would work for me if I try to replicate.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by WinkWrld: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
I am loving this. Hope our people will Lear something from this
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by DoyenExchange: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wow! Great.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by papoose321: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
U De epp! Hu oga mark.. Selling our informations to the feds! u d hero.. while wiki is the bad guy giving us govt informations.. Well played

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google’s Top Searches Of 2019 In Nigeria: ASUU Strike, Naira Marley, Xenophobia / New Startup SEO Company In Ghaziabad Looking For Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.