Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! (23227 Views)

Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) / Apo Shashamura Ogbe Ri / 10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! by lawani: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
ODU OGUNDA OGBE- OGUNDABEDE! THE CHIEF OF CROOKS!

Eriwo ya!

Aya gbo
Aya to
Aya je

I I

I I

I I

I II

Ogunda on the right and Ogbe on the left is Ogunda Ogbe alias Ogundabede. It is the odu of thieves and liars. So the odu is saluted Olori ole! Chief of thieves!
The tortoise (Alabahun or Ijapa) is the animal character in Yoruba folklore that makes a living by deceiving, tricking and manipulating others. So, the odu is also that of Alabahun the trickster. The tortoise (Alabahun) is always going to have another one on you after the last time!

Ogundabede!
Baba Gbagun ala!
A difa fun Alabahun Ajapa
O jini kutukutu owuro
O loun o lo yayo oran fun Esu
Ebo ni won ni ko se
Alabahun gbe bo o ru bo!
Nje ki oloko to roko
Gbagun ala
Tifa mo se o!
Gbagun ala
Ki olodo to rodo
Gbagun ala
Tifa mo se o!
Gba gun ala
Emi o yayo fun Esu nitemi!
Gbagun ala
Tifa mo se o!
Gbagun ala
Ase Edumare.

So the tortoise before setting out to trick people and getting away with it, had offered ebo which is why you never hear a story in Yoruba folklore where Alabahun the tortoise was ever outsmarted by anyone.
Ase.

It was Ogundabede that was divined for Baba Imale, Prophet Mohammed too and he refused to offer ebo, so he came to Earth and started lying anyhow. Face Jerusalem, face Medina, face Mecca to pray, fast for God, I am the last prophet and etc.

Baba Gbagun ala o.

Take Nigeria for example. President Buhari is a man who knows himself for what he is. A man with 30,000 cattle heads going about saying he has only 150! A man with assets worth over 1 billion dollars saying he has only two houses and 1 million naira in the bank. As the Yoruba say 'Eni buru mo, eni ma so fun ni nwa'. A bad man already knows he is bad, he is only waiting for someone to challenge him. So the now President Buhari contested elections promising heaven and Earth including universal declaration of assets.

We all know President Buhari, information in the open that is accessible to all is enough. Cancelled Lagos metro, execution of smugglers by retroactive decree, corruption, nepotism and etc and he knows himself well too.

So with that kept in my left hand, I might support him to be President as did many, spend money up till the day of inauguration then withdraw my support the day after, without even waiting for the series of bunders he later made.

That would be the quintessential Ogundabede!

Baba Gbagun ala o
Lying to achieve a noble end of sacking a President Jonathan whose family member accused him of bombing to death, two or three times, innocent Nigerians, that he is President over!

Gbagun ala!

So if I abandoned him thesame afternoon he was inaugurated, it means my Ogundabede

Baba Gbagun ala o!

Will be successful like that of the Alabahun Ajapa the tortoise!

However if I continue following Buhari about, praising and eulogising him continually when he did nothing to deserve such even after the objective of removing President Jonathan whom The Economist described as an Ineffectual buffoon has been achieved, then your Ogundabede may be said to be rudderless. It ranks with the querent or client who flatly refused to offer ebo

Baba Gbagun ala o

A o ni baraye fowo ti o
A o ni se asedanu!

May we not just be a mere appendage.
We will not work in vain.

Baba Gbagun ala o!

Ase Edumare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odu Ogunda Ogbe- Ogundabede! The Chief Of Crooks! by ralmix(m): 12:09am On Feb 23, 2019
i need help please...

(1) (Reply)

History And The List Of The Past 14 Aare Ona Kakanfo Before Gani Adams / Ekele (greetings, Well-wishing, Compliments, Regard, Salutation) In Igbo Culture / Ghanaian King, Céphas Bansah Rules Via Skype From Germany, Builds Jail For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.