Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? (46803 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by IamOpemipo(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
With the current deadline of 31st of December 2016 by Whatsapp to make the social medial platform inaccessible for BlackBerry users what will be the fate of hardened BlackBerry lovers like me who wouldn't want to part with their smartphone and still wanna enjoy whatsapp??

I just hope whatsapp change their decision before the due date..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Flexherbal(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
I have a friend who is so used to BB phones.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Temitoppe(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
I am optimistic Nigerians will find a way around it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by xmen4mee(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
is it only because of whatsapp that u can only use phone to do

18 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Timileyin1234(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
If whatsapp no work, I no go port to Wechat. Abi Wherey 'n se eni Toni whatsapp gangan

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by IamOpemipo(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lalasticlala e epp mi sir

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ddjay: 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
solution is "port" to android, if u still like bb,then there are two types, priv and ztek

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Tesland: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Biko, any body go like buy my Q10?

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by parrotibaba(m): 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Since you are a hardened bb phone lover just get a cheap tecno or infinix phone as a side phone and use it for WhatsApp.

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ay04z(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
parrotibaba:
Since you are a hardened bb phone lover just get a cheap tecno or infinix phone as a side phone and use it for WhatsApp.
ko le wek...

34 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Frank3n2(m): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
The way forward is..,,change your phone grin
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by dharay99: 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Temitoppe:
Tipical senseless comment from
a Nokia 3310 user...

10 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Temitoppe(m): 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
dharay99:

Tipical senseless comment from
a Nokia 3310 user...

smh

35 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ximonak: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...

26 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Readonee35L(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Simply Install The Android whatsapp Apk version on your Bb10

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
If you have a Laptop, download Bluestacks app and Install any android app of your choice...that's what I'm doing come Dec. 31st anyway.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by missiamme: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
has there been any other alternative for Facebook app

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thumbs up Mark Zuckerberg. More money into your pockets.
Do you wanna make money online? Check my signature quickly and do the needful. No time to waste.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by nedu2000(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Shebi facebook bought over whatsapp,una for ask zuckerberg na
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by okdannyel(m): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Temitoppe:

Me too

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by okdannyel(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
missiamme:
has there been any other alternative for Facebook app

Of course.. I'm using it
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by jahstech: 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy
Typed this post from my UC Browser, android version

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Big4wig(m): 12:02am On Sep 03, 2016
I guess the likes of telegram app would take over cos it has d same features as Whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Hollawayn05(m): 3:34am On Sep 03, 2016
Flexherbal:
I have a friend who is so used to BB phones.

ayam here Bro!

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by IamOpemipo(m): 4:43am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have
Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy

Baba thanks for this tip, i'lll upgrade and try it out
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ekwuzzy17(m): 4:48am On Sep 03, 2016
Notin much nah
just sell your bb
and port to symbian
or rather Asha 201

and kwontinue enjoying ur watsapp...
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by nurey(m): 5:34am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy

This is the solution but play store didn't open on my Q5 or Q10 for those in same situation you can use mobogenie to replace play store for updating android apps

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by kindredspirit(m): 6:26am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:

Can you send files and pictures to your contacts with the Android version of WhatsApp that you downloaded? It appears that this feature is restricted/denied on the apk version of WhatsApp on BB10.

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by TrollTrap: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2016
Port to a different phone sharpaly
Keep it moving
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by thundabot(f): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2016
Op Get a new phone, simple.

follow me on instagram @thundabot
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by pat077: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2016
The way forward?... .. .. port to another os or continue with ur bbm.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by wheesin(m): 9:27am On Sep 03, 2016
years ago blackberry was known to be the top smartphone for social networking. With BBM, whatsapp, 2go, twitter, facebook e.t.c, if you don't own a bold or curve or any blackberry at all, then you are not social networking properly. Fast forward to 2016,the world greatest chat app what's to move forward by getting rid of the holy blackberry. Nothing lasts forever. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN #YelloEleven Promo: Text 11 To 400 / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.