Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,086 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:37 AM

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? (46750 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by RichieDaVinci01(m): 9:27am On Sep 03, 2016
Don't worry our yaba boys are working on the problem

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2016
tongue
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by jerryfisher(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2016
dharay99:
Tipical senseless comment from a Nokia 3310 user...
must he b attacked..
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2016
U.s.a want to monopolize evrything.

Google.
Iphone.
Android.
Yutub.
Whatsapp.
Blogger.
Worldpress.
Microsoft.
facebook.
Gmail.
Yahoo.

U.s.a are very greedy ppl, they want to see the death of bb because its from another country.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Kelvinadimora(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2016
It has been cracked and the alternative is already dia....lete them close it and watch blackberry phones flex whatsap app.....besides,keep in touch with me and keep your money ready because my knowledge is not for free#Story4DAmadIoha's

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by justicejay(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2016
The way forward bi ti bawo?
It was blackberry that destroy their own market and now whatsapp is proving king kong, nevertheless am just gonna swith phone or stick with whatsapp and go back to 2go facebook menssager self is available so no dulling movement
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by LilSmith55(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2016
Readonee35L:
Simply Install The Android whatsapp Apk version on your Bb10
exactly.... thats my nxt plan after December.. I cant jst use android

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by MrCounselor: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2016
BB's expiry date is in sight self.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2016
Nemory studios will bring an alternative i use playstore on my Q10 it works like the original it was developed by nemory oliver of nemory studios
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by poweredcom(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2016
I already bought a new androids fone but I like BlackBerry 10 weller I beg make unaa find d solution for me ooo I won't rush to sell my BlackBerry yet I
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by AreaFada2: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2016
kindredspirit:

Can you send files and pictures to your contacts with the Android version of WhatsApp that you downloaded? It appears that this feature is restricted/denied on the apk version of WhatsApp on BB10.

Seconded
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Sammyblaq(m): 9:39am On Sep 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Since you are a hardened bb phone lover just get a cheap tecno or infinix phone as a side phone and use it for WhatsApp.
See ur mouth like 'cheap tecno or infinix phone' like say BB don credit ur account b4...

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by omoadeleye(m): 9:39am On Sep 03, 2016
forget about installing whatsapp apk on your BB phone cause is definitely not going to work. every phone has its own user agents which will surely be recognized by any website you visit. so go
grip yourselves and get a supported whatapp device
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Timileyin1234(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy
Typed this post from my UC Browser, android version

Please, how did u install google playstore
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by joseph1832(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2016
IamOpemipo:
With the current deadline of 31st of December 2016 by Whatsapp to make the social medial platform inaccessible for BlackBerry users what will be the fate of hardened BlackBerry lovers like me who wouldn't want to part with their smartphone and still wanna enjoy whatsapp??

I just hope whatsapp change their decision before the due date..

It's simple, get an android or an iphone and use as a second phone. It's what I want to do. I can never part with blackberry. I have so much of me in that brand. grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by veraiyke(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2016
That facebook matter still dey vex me and no way to change it anymore
Ximonak:
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Bossmd: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2016
Have you asked yourselves if the Whatsapp apk will work why is Facebook apk not working on BB10 phones now?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by AuroraB(f): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2016
Not letting go of my BlackBerry undecided. Bleep Whatsapp. Upgrading to BlackBerry Passport gaan cool

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by veraiyke(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Whatsapp is not the only good of bb abeg. I'll keep my bb but I will get an android phone
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Laveda(f): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2016
wheesin:
years ago blackberry was known to be the top smartphone for social networking. With BBM, whatsapp, 2go, twitter, facebook e.t.c, if you don't own a bold or curve or any blackberry at all, then you are not social networking properly. Fast forward to 2016,the world greatest chat app what's to move forward by getting rid of the holy blackberry. Nothing lasts forever. undecided

True dear..

Nothing lasts forever sad
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2016
kindredspirit:

Can you send files and pictures to your contacts with the Android version of WhatsApp that you downloaded? It appears that this feature is restricted/denied on the apk version of WhatsApp on BB10.

Yeah. That's true. You can't send anything except for phone numbers. Apart from that, it works pretty well.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by leksy07(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2016
Tesland:
Biko, any body go like buy my Q10?

How much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ozovehe65(m): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2016
#GETINVOLVED
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2016
Ximonak:
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...
You can redownload another one...
I can send you a link and you'll sideload it

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by kingsley18(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2016
Fit2Rule:
Thumbs up Mark Zuckerberg. More money into your pockets.
Do you wanna make money online? Check my signature quickly and do the needful. No time to waste.
How much have you made even since you start doing that business. Guy park well.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by eROCK247(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2016
Readonee35L:
Simply Install The Android whatsapp Apk version on your Bb10
tried it on my z10, didnt work. Had to download from blackberry world.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Moreoffaith(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy

Thanks a lot for this tip man, my phone is up to date but how do i install playstore and Google play services ? through amazon or blackberry world?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by melodyirish(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
how can I install play store and Google play on my bb10
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by nacozee: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2016
I am a BB freak. Cant use iPhone or android.Would this also affect Blackberry passport silver edition? cuz am getting dat phone no matter wat
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Btruth: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2016
No worries for BlackBerry users. When the time comes, there's sure a lot of solution awaiting them @ the computer village in Ikeja. Trust my guys there. grin

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ximonak: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

You can redownload another one...
I can send you a link and you'll sideload it
Thanks

I don't use facebook app(not a fan of FB and their app was too slow on bb10), I observed that, in the last updated FB for BB10 in friend phone.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by xtervaganza(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2016
To those of you asking why WhatsApp and Facebook dumped blackberry o.s; you do realise blackberry has dumped it's own o.s?

Their new phones now come loaded with Android o.s

Port to Android or just shut up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: Root Your Android Without PC Tested ON N7 Tecno / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.