Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? (46804 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Whatsapp Fix For Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Franchise21(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Since you are a hardened bb phone lover just get a cheap tecno or infinix phone as a side phone and use it for WhatsApp.
That's what I intend doing grin
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Maccoy1(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2016
I'll be following this thread like my life depends on it.I so much love BB
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ximonak: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2016
eROCK247:
tried it on my z10, didnt work. Had to download from blackberry world.
It works, you can Google whatsapp dot app or install mobogenie store(apk)
Then search for whatsapp inside the store and download

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Franky826: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2016
IamOpemipo:
With the current deadline of 31st of December 2016 by Whatsapp to make the social medial platform inaccessible for BlackBerry users what will be the fate of hardened BlackBerry lovers like me who wouldn't want to part with their smartphone and still wanna enjoy whatsapp??

I just hope whatsapp change their decision before the due date..

it's quite simple.

1.download telegram and tell your bb contacts to do same
2.if there be need to keep up with other contacts on whatsapp then buy a smaller/cheaper android.

BB good o forget. it's quite classy and SMART!
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ximonak: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2016
veraiyke:
That facebook matter still dey vex me and no way to change it anymore
Do security wipe it will restore it, but you many lose you downloaded installed app even after backing it up with bblink.
Thereby re-downloading the lost apps
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ibnquasale(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2016
The answer is very simple, just do a Google search on how to install play store and Google service on BB10.... If You can't still get it done, then I wud be glad to help..
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ibnquasale(m): 10:56am On Sep 03, 2016
kingdaro:
Nemory studios will bring an alternative i use playstore on my Q10 it works like the original it was developed by nemory oliver of nemory studios

U guys can lie! It was not developed by you.... Naija and plagliarism.. I tire for us ooo lol
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Ximonak: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2016
For those trying o install Google play store
playstoreblackberry dot com

Has the links and steps
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by teekrackz(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2016
U can download d apk version 4rm 3rd parties
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by veraiyke(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2016
I have done a security wipe before and it didn't change
Ximonak:

Do security wipe it will restore it, but you many lose you downloaded installed app even after backing it up with bblink.
Thereby re-downloading the lost apps
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by greggng: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2016
LilSmith55:
exactly.... thats my nxt plan after December.. I cant jst use android

Can u pls explain step by step on how to go about this installation? Since is unsupported by q10, do you think it will work? I love my q10 so much I ve not seen any phone like it not all this chinkos they re dishing out in the name of ndroid
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by donoti23(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Mine is no longer working since last week....
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by rejoixe: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2016
missiamme:
has there been any other alternative for Facebook app
yes.. if u're using a bb10 phone jst download facebook lite for android.. it is even better than facebook for blackberry.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Other apps will come and whatsapp will sit up
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Phrankin(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2016
Ximonak:
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...
LOL ROTFLMLOFLROMLRLMRLOLROL So if international terrorists, secret agents, Obama, Hilary Clinton and high level foreign diplomats talk security, you sef go follow talk. Who cares about who you talking to?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by titosantana(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Double post
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by titosantana(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Have you asked yourselves if the Whatsapp apk will work why is Facebook apk not working on BB10 phones now?

Facebook application is still working on my BB classic smoothly and I'm stil on 10.3.1.747
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
donoti23:
Mine is no longer working since last week....
what version of BB are you using?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
Oboi 2go will take over niyen
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ashala(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
Solution must dey
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by OgbeniSamm(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
Try make friends with a good programmer/hacker and your BB will continue using Whatsapp, even after Dec 31.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
*Crying* so my bb curve 8 watsapp wud soon be no more still #crying#
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by cotzywitzy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Well you can just purchase the new blackberry android phone...
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Frankaka8(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
jahstech:
Solution is pretty simple, I have 2 WhatsApp running on my BlackBerry Q10, I actually bought a Bb10 device to carry out the experiment first hand, my findings; no need to panic for BlackBerry 10 users, just upgrade to blackberry to the more stable 10.3.2.2836 to run apk more freely, install playstore and Google play services and you are good to go!! See screen shots.
Observe that am currently using 2 WhatsApp, I have Google play store installed, I have Xender and a host of other apk stuffs I need.. BlackBerry is so awesome cheesy
Typed this post from my UC Browser, android version
I have upgraded to blackberry os version: 10.3.2.798. Download and installed two differnt Google playstore, launched it. Buh it is bouncing back. Couldn't pop up. Question is, must my os be exact dat of urs stated above?
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
WhatsApp won dey epp mobile phone manufacturers to market their devices.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by ahahnow: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
THe way forward is to download Wechat
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by 1231awa(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
veraiyke:
That facebook matter still dey vex me and no way to change it anymore

You can reinstall the facebook app on your bb10; Using a computer, download SACHESI and FACEBOOK.BAR file( search for them on google). After the downloads, uninstall any bb10 facebook you have on your device, then connect your device to the computer via USB. Extract and run SACHESI then click on the .bar tab you see on the SACHESI ui. From there, locate and select the FACEBOOK.BAR file u downloaded earlier and it will automatically be installed.

NOTE : you may have to finish the installation manually on some devices.
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by 1231awa(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
Very much active on my device...

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ximonak:
Whatsapp pushed update to my z10 yesterday, I just ignored it...

Remember that's how Facebook pushed the last update, and those that updated said it changed their Facebook app to just Web browsing app.

But I just hope whatsapp apk will work after they remove the whatsapp in BlackBerry store. It's platform is even different it's different from bb10 whatsapp and it works

BlackBerry 10 Security and stability is da bomb (no matter the apps you have it the phone will not crash)
I hope they maintain it in their android phone too...

the default facebook bb10 app still works. just google search facebook for bb 10.bar and sideload to your phone.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by vandops10(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
imo is a better option -video calls easily sef
Re: Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
titosantana:

Facebook application is still working on my BB classic smoothly and I'm stil on 10.3.1.747
facebook apk v28 works perfectly with hug integration on all bb ten.

google search v28

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN #YelloEleven Promo: Text 11 To 400 / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.