Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot (55717 Views)

Sinister Affections Part 2 / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Samexdx:
Tell the o.p to come and continue this story na... Waiting self?
Baba mi. You no go vex ni o... na Nepa cause am
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
1231awa:

Nice piece sir!... I think the reddened should be "Aikido" though. I doff my hat
oh.. Aikido.... Thanks boss.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
vikstandon:

Abeg complete this story, make I help u proof read am finish....
Lol... Proof read abeg... You fit criticize the whole story gan sef... E dakun, help me.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
damiperry:
... Wow.
Nice story.
Loving shindara already! She's so funny.
What's the meaning of her name btw..??
Oluwashindara - God is still working wonders..... Won't you name your daughter the name? Its cool
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by damiperry(f): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Oluwashindara - God is still working wonders..... Won't you name your daughter the name? Its cool

Ohhhh, OK, OK. I get it now. Yeah it's cool. Sounds lovely too. I was pronouncing it like "oluwa---shin---dara" instead of "oluwa---shi---n---dara". cheesy
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by damiperry(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Marvel1206:

it's a yoruba name... Full name: Oluwashindara. Meaning: God is still doing wonders

Yupp, I get it now. Thanks.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Marvel1206: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
damiperry:

Yupp, I get it now. Thanks.
seems you're a yoruba girl cheesy
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
[b]
Episode 5

''Why would she be looking at me?'' Shindara asked baffled.

''I don't know. Maybe because of That guy'' Diana suggested,

''Who? Danladi? Nah, not possible jor'' Shindara whispered back.

''Bighead, I meant your goat.''

''So? What's my deal with the goat?''

''Almost the whole camp saw you guys together na. And we know she's crushing on him''

''Oh'' Was all Shindara could say. Henry and Danladi were coming their way.

''Do I go or stay?'' Diana asked nervously as the two men came closer.

''Which Kind of yeye question is this ke? You want to leave me alone with the goat and Dan?''

Henry was looking straight as usual, his face was business like and firm. Danladi was smilling and showing of his gapped front tooth.
''So I see both of you are getting along'' Henry broke the silence. ''Hi Diana'' He waved at Diana and she replied with a small wave fearing Shindara'

'how did he even know Diana's name? He's been doing some findings' Shindara thought.

''Yeah. Good afternoon'' Shindara greeted coldly.

''Gee, what's the meaning of this tension. Henry, smile na. '' Danladi poked Henry who returned it with a weak smile.

''Yeah, I gotta go. Bye everyone'' Henry greeted and walked up to his car. Danladi watched him go and shook his head sadly. Shindara wondered why.

''What's up with him?'' Shindara asked. ''ever since He came here, he's been all serious''

''It's a long story. And he'd kill me if I told you''
'whatever, Its not my business'

''He's going on an assignment today. To Bauchi''

''Why, what's going on there?''

''Are you even in Nigeria? President Buhari will be visiting Bauchi tomorrow so Henry's one of the lucky soldiers who'll be guarding him''

''Oh, is he that effective at what he does?'' Shindara asked.

''Very! He's very qualified that's why he was sent down here to train you guys'' Danladi responded.

''How come you know we're new recruits''

Danladi scoffed playfully. ''seriously? Who wouldn't know. Only new female recruits walk in two's everywhere. And I've been seeing you guys together since march that you came''

''Oh''

''Let me bet this with you.. In a months time, both of you will hardly have time to get together''

''Why ke??'' Shindara looked at Diana who had long seperated herself from them. This time, Diana was pretending really well not to be listening to their conversation.

''Just see'' Danladi said, drew out his phone and handed it over to Shindara. ''your digits abeg. Or should I kneel down?''

'Men sha. See this guy, e never pass three minutes o' Shindara eyed Danladi in a manner that seemed playful to Danladi but she wasn't doing it to be funny. Diana was waving furiously at Shindara not to release the number so quick and easy.

''why Should I give you??'' Sindara pocketed the phone.

''Maybe because I'll be your first male friend here? Need more reasons?'' Danladi pouted.

Shindara saw the full red lips the guy had and gave in. She pulled the phone out of her pocket and typed in her digits.

Diana slapped her palm over her face in frustration. 'so Cheap'

''No thanks by the way'' Danladi snatched his phone and saved it. ''I'm saving it as parrot''

''ehn? Pa-what? Please change it biko'' Sindara struggled to hijack the phone from him.

''no way! I like parrots and I think they're cute. And since you're cute, I just have to save it as that''

''I'm still not okay with it. Change it''

''make me!''

Danladi didn't see the punch that came at his face fast enough for him to dodge. His phone fell on the lawn and Shindara was quick to pick it up. She ran some away a bit and changed the name.

''really? Really? I got a punch cos of it? I can arrest you for rape now'' Danladi pretended to hold on to his head playfully.

''Mr. President. It's an honour to meet you sir'' Henry greeted The president as he shook hands with him.

The president grinned back in the most friendly manner.

''How are you luitenant?''

''I'm very good sir. I hope all has been well with you sir?''

''It couldn't be better Luitenant. Shall we be on our way now?''

''Sure, I'm be right in your car with you sir''

Henry went into the presidents car after the president got in. He watched as the presidential entourage filed out of the presidents villa before the presidents car followed with flight of official cars following.

Henry stared out of the window deep in thought. Why was this girl getting into his head? Of all the women in the camp, why was it her who had to bring Tony home?

''naah, come on, don't think of a lady, ladies are great distractions in life. The president is with you andd you're thinking of a lady who's enjoing herself in Danladi's hands' His head was speaking to him.

He realised how he almost showed the anger in him yesterday when he saw Danladi and Shindara together. Especially when she was laughing so hard and even held on to Danladi. He was jealous. Sooo jealous.

''Why did God give us emotions?'' He said out loud thinking he said it in his head.

''you said what?'' The president asked looking at him aestheticaly.

''Oh, I'm sorry sir. I was pondering over something. It's nothing serious''

''If it has to do with emotions then it's something serious'' President Buhari said with a fatherly spark in his eyes. He was looking at Henry like he'd look at his own son.

[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Missmossy(f): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ride on,you are making sense,lets see where this hide and seek game between them ends...thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by mattyboy007(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
I jst Hope d name dis story wunt go into Recession since nigeria president is in... grin grin
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Missmossy:
Ride on,you are making sense,lets see where this hide and seek game between them ends...thumbs up.
lol. Thanks
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 6:39am On Sep 12, 2016
mattyboy007:
I jst Hope d name dis story wunt go into Recession since nigeria president is in... grin grin
lol...you hate this man o... (I do too sha).. Buh na story, I gaz to respect him if not they'd just whick me away to jail like that man who named his dog Buhari. Lol
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Samexdx(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2016
Wow! I love the story line die... Waiting patiently for the next episode
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by SilentBang(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
nevetslbot.... Not sure if im qualified to critique your novel, i hadnt written one myself.

First itts a nice piece no doubt, personally im loving it. and definitely following.

i think you can do better with the complexities tho. you come direct in some scenes,,, im not quite seeing the suspense, it just doesnt linger long enough... should try to let our minds drift and wander more...

and is it wise to use the real name of your president ??

just my personal observation,,, might observe more as we journey through.

Nice one bro. kudos!.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by mattyboy007(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2016
NevetsIbot:
lol...you hate this man o... (I do too sha).. Buh na story, I gaz to respect him if not they'd just whick me away to jail like that man who named his dog Buhari. Lol
Hahahahaha noo dem no fit, u na Boss
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2016
SilentBang:
nevetslbot.... Not sure if im qualified to critique your novel, i hadnt written one myself.

First itts a nice piece no doubt, personally im loving it. and definitely following.

i think you can do better with the complexities tho. you come direct in some scenes,,, im not quite seeing the suspense, it just doesnt linger long enough... should try to let our minds drift and wander more...

and is it wise to use the real name of your president ??

just my personal observation,,, might observe more as we journey through.

Nice one bro. kudos!.

Bro. We're coning to the suspense area... I know its straight but my strenght particularly is in creating suspense. as of now, I'm stilll introducing characters and building up the plot. If you read my last story, you'll agree that the suspense in it was even too much.

Just stay tuned, I might have you wishing for an update every second. I know I can.

Thanks.

And as per Buhari... I'm not painting him bad in this story so I can say its somehow wise. Betterstill, I might just change it.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Rex1(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hmm! just passing by
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by vikstandon(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
NevetsIbot:
[b]
Episode 5

''Why would she be looking at me?'' Shindara asked baffled.

''I don't know. Maybe because of That guy'' Diana suggested,

''Who? Danladi? Nah, not possible jor'' Shindara whispered back.

''Bighead, I meant your goat.''

''So? What's my deal with the goat?''

''Almost the whole camp saw you guys together na. And we know she's crushing on him''

''Oh'' Was all Shindara could say. Henry and Danladi were coming their way.

''Do I go or stay?'' Diana asked nervously as the two men came closer.

''Which Kind of yeye question is this ke? You want to leave me alone with the goat and Dan?''

Henry was looking straight as usual, his face was business like and firm. Danladi was smilling and showing of his gapped front tooth.
''So I see both of you are getting along'' Henry broke the silence. ''Hi Diana'' He waved at Diana and she replied with a small wave fearing Shindara'

'how did he even know Diana's name? He's been doing some findings' Shindara thought.

''Yeah. Good afternoon'' Shindara greeted coldly.

''Gee, what's the meaning of this tension. Henry, smile na. '' Danladi poked Henry who returned it with a weak smile.

''Yeah, I gotta go. Bye everyone'' Henry greeted and walked up to his car. Danladi watched him go and shook his head sadly. Shindara wondered why.

''What's up with him?'' Shindara asked. ''ever since He came here, he's been all serious''

''It's a long story. And he'd kill me if I told you''
'whatever, Its not my business'

''He's going on an assignment today. To Bauchi''

''Why, what's going on there?''

''Are you even in Nigeria? President Buhari will be visiting Bauchi tomorrow so Henry's one of the lucky soldiers who'll be guarding him''

''Oh, is he that effective at what he does?'' Shindara asked.

''Very! He's very qualified that's why he was sent down here to train you guys'' Danladi responded.

''How come you know we're new recruits''

Danladi scoffed playfully. ''seriously? Who wouldn't know. Only new female recruits walk in two's everywhere. And I've been seeing you guys together since march that you came''

''Oh''

''Let me bet this with you.. In a months time, both of you will hardly have time to get together''

''Why ke??'' Shindara looked at Diana who had long seperated herself from them. This time, Diana was pretending really well not to be listening to their conversation.

''Just see'' Danladi said, drew out his phone and handed it over to Shindara. ''your digits abeg. Or should I kneel down?''

'Men sha. See this guy, e never pass three minutes o' Shindara eyed Danladi in a manner that seemed playful to Danladi but she wasn't doing it to be funny. Diana was waving furiously at Shindara not to release the number so quick and easy.

''why Should I give you??'' Sindara pocketed the phone.

''Maybe because I'll be your first male friend here? Need more reasons?'' Danladi pouted.

Shindara saw the full red lips the guy had and gave in. She pulled the phone out of her pocket and typed in her digits.

Diana slapped her palm over her face in frustration. 'so Cheap'

''No thanks by the way'' Danladi snatched his phone and saved it. ''I'm saving it as parrot''

''ehn? Pa-what? Please change it biko'' Sindara struggled to hijack the phone from him.

''no way! I like parrots and I think they're cute. And since you're cute, I just have to save it as that''

''I'm still not okay with it. Change it''

''make me!''

Danladi didn't see the punch that came at his face fast enough for him to dodge. His phone fell on the lawn and Shindara was quick to pick it up. She ran some away a bit and changed the name.

''really? Really? I got a punch cos of it? I can arrest you for rape now'' Danladi pretended to hold on to his head playfully.

''Mr. President. It's an honour to meet you sir'' Henry greeted The president as he shook hands with him.

The president grinned back in the most friendly manner.

''How are you luitenant?''

''I'm very good sir. I hope all has been well with you sir?''

''It couldn't be better Luitenant. Shall we be on our way now?''

Henry went into the presidents car after the president got in. He watched as the presidential entourage filed out of the presidents villa before the presidents car followed with flight of official cars following.

Henry stared out of the window deep in thought. Why was this girl getting into his head? Of all the women in the camp, why was it her who had to bring Tony home?

''naah, come on, don't think of a lady, ladies are great distractions in life. The president is with you andd you're thinking of a lady who's enjoing herself in Danladi's hands' His head was speaking to him.

He realised how he almost showed the anger in him yesterday when he saw Danladi and Shindara together. Especially when she was laughing so hard and even held on to Danladi. He was jealous. Sooo jealous.

''Why did God give us emotions?'' He said out loud thinking he said it in his head.

''you said what?'' The president asked looking at him aestheticaly.

''Oh, I'm sorry sir. I was pondering over something. It's nothing serious''

''If it has to do with emotions then it's something serious'' President Buhari said with a fatherly spark in his eyes. He was looking at Henry like he'd look at his own son.

[/b]

that's a bomb... u re on it sir.
WE WANT MORE...OLIVER TWIST
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by vikstandon(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Lol... Proof read abeg... You fit criticize the whole story gan sef... E dakun, help me.

I believe that's typo...hope u correct it before final submission.
''Sure, I'll journey along with you sir" or "Sure, I'll be right in the car with you sir" or even "Sure"
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
vikstandon:

I believe that's typo...hope u correct it before final submission.
''Sure, I'll journey along with you sir" or "Sure, I'll be right in the car with you sir" or even "Sure"
twas a typo... Thanks baba. Wanted to write '' I'll be ......''.

#sick tho. How dyu explain nausea,headache and gener body weakness?
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by vikstandon(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
NevetsIbot:
twas a typo... Thanks baba. Wanted to write '' I'll be ......''.

#sick tho. How dyu explain nausea,headache and gener body weakness?

Sorry boss...Kpele, get well soon!
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by damiperry(f): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Marvel1206:

seems you're a yoruba girl cheesy

Uh huh. I am.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by damiperry(f): 1:55am On Sep 13, 2016
**Waiting for the suspense part too**....
*is there a way you can put the characters thoughts in italics..? I'd think shindara is talking and then realize she's only thinking it... Somehow confusing
.. Liking the president already. cheesy
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Aliyeous(m): 7:26am On Sep 13, 2016
Nyc update...cant wait 4 u 2 kwantinew
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2016
[b]
Holla everyone! Good morning. I'm feeling well today, How about y'all?? cheesycheesygrin

Episode 6

''I just think that emotions are a waste. They make people do stupid things'' Henry was enjoying the conversation with the president. He was resting comfortably on the chair and watching everything keenly.

''You do know that you're displaying an emotion now son. Anger and frustration and should I say Depression?'' The president replied still looking as calm as ever.

''That's the main problem Mr president. I don't want to feel this way''

''Then why don't you replace the emotion with love and happiness''

'love and happiness, distractions'

''I don't think so sir''

'' Find happiness son. You have a lot going for you. Do you have a girlfriend?''

''I wish.''

''so, there's a girl! Go after her. Why are you holding back son''

They were now on the highway. A long stretch of road that joined Abuja to Bauchi. Few cars were present.

''Sir, the thing is......''

Henry voice trailed off as he heard the first vehicle of the presidents entourage explode. He wound down the black tinted window of the principals car to see what happened. He heard another explosion, the second car in the line was on fire. One by one occupants in the presidents entourage cars managed to escape death by fleeing the cars before they exploded. The explosion was creeping closer to the Presidents car.

''All soldiers disembark and fight off anyone who comes as an attacker. Over!'' Henry barked into his walkie talkie as his soldiers jumped out of the cars behind.

Henry tried to unlock his seatbelt but it wasn't coming off. He saw the president struggling to pull off his also.

''we'll be fine sir... I promise'' Henry tried his best to comfort the president. He had to be calm here. He withdrew a knife from his jacket and proceeded to cut the presidents seatbelt. He heard the car closer to theirs explode and human parts slapped on their windscreen.

Other soldiers were trying to open the presidents car from outside but it wasn't opening. Somehow, the perpetuators of this attack had over-ridden the computer systems of all the cars the president had.

Henry noticed the driver was calm and not moving.

''Hey! Can't you do anything?'' Henry yanked at him. He was almost done with cutting the president out of his seatbelt. The driver turned to face Henry with a pistol pointed straight to henry's head. Henry froze.

''No one's going anywhere'' Thedriver said. Henry could see a man emerge from the smoke with a bazouka. Aiming at them.

Shindara was back at her aunts place. She was waiting for her aunt to come down from her room upstairs.

' Gosh, the woman was taking much time making up. Why would she be taking so much time applying make-up despite her old age.'

''okay. I'm ready, lets go. You're driving'' Aunt Teni said as she walked gracefully down the stairs. She stopped with a dissapointed look on her face. She looked Shindara up and down.

''why don't you ever make yourself look good?'' She chided and proceeded to bring out her make up from her purse.

Shindara wanted to spring up to her feet to evade the make up bath but her aunt was having none of it.

''you dare not move an inch''

''A whole lady. I wonder how you intend to get married if you don't apply make-up. Even see the way she's dressed. Must everyone even know you're in the army?. You just wore your stupid khaki trouser and a shirt with that yeye thing you call a face cap and stupid boots.'' Aunt Teni ranted on as she painted Shindaras face.

Twenty minutes later, Shindara came out looking like a chinese doll. She wasn't smilling. She got into her Aunts SUV,waited for her aunt to get in and drove out of the compound.

''when last did you talk to your sister Iyanu?'' Aunt Teni tried to strike up a conversation.

''this morning.'' Shindara replied.

''did you hear she won an award recently?''

''I was the first person to hear apart from the people who witnessed it on TV''

''If you were into something better now, you might have goten an award.'' Aunt Teni pursed her lips.

'' I won't sha leave the army. Continue your propaganda'' Shindara stuck her tongue out at her aunt. ''ehn ehn. Aunty Teni. Popsi told me to tell you about the new business deal he secured for you.''

''Which one is that one again?'' Aunt Teni turned to look at Shindara.

''I don't know, he didn't tell me. But he tried your line but it wasn't going so he told me to tell you all the same''

''Tell him to give someone else o. My hands are too full right now with the ones he gave me already''

Shindara ignored the reply and was nodding her head to the pop song blazing from the radio in the car.

The singing came to an abrupt end and an announcer spoke up.

''breaking new. Reports just came in that the presidents entourage has been attacked by unknown gunmen. There are no news of any survivors. Safety authorities have been blocked from reaching the point of attack. All members................''

Shindara didn't know when she drove into a wall.

[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2016
damiperry:
**Waiting for the suspense part too**....
*is there a way you can put the characters thoughts in italics..? I'd think shindara is talking and then realize she's only thinking it... Somehow confusing
.. Liking the president already. cheesy
I'll see about that. Thanks.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by NevetsIbot(m): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2016
Aliyeous:
Nyc update...cant wait 4 u 2 kwantinew
I av kwantinewed cheesy
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by Rex1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
speechless. C come!!! all the pioneers of this arena were unah dey n by the way, sallah celebration don't finish o so I don't know which extra holiday u all r still observing because from the look of things new comers r now hijacking the flow of this arena
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by kokumo1949: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
What a wonderful write up . Keep up the good work.
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by solomonbrown64: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2016
..... .... Following.....
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by jomagibs: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
[b]
Rex.1:
Nice! Still following, abeg my ogas them: spike.dawson, jo.magibs, dar.kid1, cdst.ars make unah come help me analyze this story were my boss Nevet.sIbot the work on

So I got a call from Rex1
"Nevetslbot is writing another creative work "

Bro I love the story. But then do research before you push actions.

You are writing this story like oyibo Army.
Naija Army differ in many aspect. Try and visit the barracks or make friends with kids or even a soldiers,
Imagination won't solidify it all.

Note:
1 No president will travel from Abuja to bauchi on road
They is an airport in Bauchi.

2. punch scene ( Shindara n Dan ) not possible for people that just met

3. The dream Episode. you shouldn't have introduced her name there cause earlier you where using pronouns.

Good write up .
just take note of your Actions and scenes

Do try adding more punctuations and conjunctions to make a sentence longer.

Just my one kobo advice[/b] grin
Re: Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot by damiperry(f): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
shockedshocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is serious....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mom's New Boyfriend / Fulfilled Dreams / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.