Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) (3210 Views)

GLO NPFL: Heartland Vs Warri Wolves (1 - 0) On 30th August 2015 / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Heartland Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 30th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2009
I swear i have just witnessed one of the most fantastic goals I have ever seen.
It was scored by heartland to take a commanding 3 - 0 lead over the Kano Pillars.
That goal was similar to Zidane's in the 2002 UCL final
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2009
But What's wrong with Kano ? This is a team that knocked Al Ahly for Zeus's sake. They have just scored a 4th goal. 4-0
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by chic2pimp(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2009
edoyad:

I swear i have just witnessed one of the most fantastic goals i have ever seen. It was scored by heartland to take a commanding 3 - 0 lead over the kano. That goal was similar to Zidan's in the 2002 UCL final
Yea rite. Na who dash them technique? undecided
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by rasputinn(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2009
CAF champion's league semi final first leg, Heartland 4 Vs Kano Pillar 0

Pillar's keeper is really a basket
  grin angry grin
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by 9ijaprince(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2009
Pls has the match finished? Whats the final score?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by rasputinn(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2009
Final scores; Heartland 4 Vs Kano Pillars 0
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ichommy(m): 9:36am On Oct 05, 2009
4 0 to much grin
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by FBS: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2009
Nice. Abeg where person fit watch the return leg online/ internet streaming?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by Nezan(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2009
Was this the team that beat Al Ahly?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by supereagle(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2009
I Do not belive in Oyinbo Coach, Kelechi Emetole has proved that if our local Coaches are given the right support, they can move mountains. The man should be considered for National Assignment. He proved that he is a good coach. Kano Pillars has an Oyinbo coach ,but they could not reduce the tally. Shame on them.PIONS LEAGUE RESULTS
Al Hilal 2
:
TP Mazembe 5

Heartland FC4 :

Kano Pillars 0 
Bayelsa United drew 1 : 1 with their opponent who came behind and leveled up.
TP Mazembe  and Heartland  FC may play in the final,remember they are from the same group.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by saintolaf(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
JUST CHECK OUT THEIR SCORING RECORDS

HEARTLAND IS SIMPLY BETTER

SO LET THE BETTER SIDE GO TO THE FINALS AFTER THE SECOND LEG[color=#990000][/color]
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2009
^^ bros abegi ! What scoring record ? Kano knocked out Al Ahly for christsake. Ahly can is without doubt the best African team, ever. I don't know why they self destructed but i'm sure if you investigate it will surely have something to do with pay and bonuses. As things stand now this fixture is already decided as i don't see the miracle kano can use to recover in the 2nd leg.
Cheers to Heartland . And to Kano, "wan de ya fi ka, ya fi ka " grin "person wey better pass you, better pass you"
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by topkin(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Omo, I'm shocked at the result o. I just hope they live to expectations at the finals.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by melikannia(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
see us at [url][/url]www.heartland-fc.com na we get the cup
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by kayality: 12:35am On Oct 06, 2009
let wait for the second leg
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by internetpo(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2009
na waoh! shocked 4-0. Pls where can we watch the replay or highlights of the game. Pls I need to see the
I swear i have just witnessed one of the most fantastic goals I have ever seen.
It was scored by heartland to take a commanding 3 - 0 lead o
shocked
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
^ we live in a useless country without professionalism that's why just two days after two teams from the same country played in the semi-final of ACL, you can't find a replay anywhere.
But that third goal was a sight to behold. Some one lobbed the ball into the 18 from the right of heartland attack and the player just volleyed it into the net with a shot.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2009
Na wa o. How can you allow a team from your country to beat you 4-0 in a semi final, where is the rivalry?

Just like Assanal losing 4-1 aggregate in last years semi to Fellow English club Man Utd, where is the rivalry?

Pillars is as useless as Assanal
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2009
^^ grin
Look at what i'm about to write. Your parents will soon disown you.

If kano can shock Heartland with two early goals then we'll have a game in our hands in the second half. Kano were abysmal in Heartland and have to put up a fight to console their fans. As for me i think Heartland should go into that Final as they look more professional.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:17am On Oct 10, 2009
Kano today's the day you show all those fanatical supporters of yours why they're not supporting you in vain. The first leg was dismal for you, you were utterly blown away at Heartland. It is time to make up.

Heartland, you showed class and professionalism in your dismembering of Kano last week. Though we have to confess you were aided by their poor defending, but not to take anything from you It's a sign of a good side- a side that sees a weakness in the opposition and capitalises.
Now you face them again but at one of the most hostile grounds in all Africa, be ready to battle for that final. You already have a four goal advantage so the fixture is yours to be lost.
God speed
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by TheSeeker(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
Heartland needs just two goals - which I'm sure they'll get - to complete their bid for the final, and I'm very sure Kano Caterpillars can't score six goals.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
The first half has ended goaless and Heartland looks to be matching to Mazembe. Personally i think this tie is over as kano don't even seem to be taking the game too seriously. May be the 4-0 from the first leg is too much a psychological wall for kano to climb.
Well in 45 mins it will be official, Heartland vs TP Mazembe in the African champions league final of 2009.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by TheSeeker(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
I thought you were yapping them beating Heartland earlier.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by proudly9ja(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
Kano Pillars 0-1 Heartland: Heartland Qualify For CAF Champions League Final In Style
Nigeria's Heartland are through to the final of this year's CAF Champions League,
Oct 10, 2009 6:19:54 PM
Related Links

Heartland on Saturday qualified for the final of this year's CAF Champions League on a 5-0 aggregate after they beat hosts Kano Pillars 1-0 in the return leg at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano.

Uche Agba netted the winner from over 25 yards in the 89th minute.

The Owerri club will now await the overall winner of the other semi-final between TP Mazembe of DR Congo and Al Hilal of Sudan.

However, this all-Nigerian clash was marred by crowd trouble, forcing the match to be stopped by over 10 minutes when Heartland fans had to scamper out of their seats when they were attacked by rival fans.

Pillars, who had the previous day suspended Slovenian coach, Ivo Sajh, for what they described as his "unguarded utterances", created several chances, but failed to convert any of them mostly as a result of poor finishing.

The Heartland defence, led by skipper Ike ThankGod, also did their bit to ensure they posted a clean sheet to the disappointment of the capacity crowd.

Goalkeeper Austin Brown proved to be a big stumbling block between Pillars and victory.

In the first half, Moses Ogaga failed to direct his free header from inside the box at target as Pillars piled on the pressure in search of the opening goal.

Heartland by no means stayed back in their defence as they also launched several attacks of their won. Two-goal hero from the first clash, Agba tested the agility of Theophilus Joel early in the second half with a swerving free kick.

Zambian striker Signs Chibambo also saw his chip over a diving Joel fly over the bar and late on, Emeka Nwanna almost drew first blood for the visitors, but his final effort crashed against the side netting.

But overall, the best openings fell to the home side. The team's leading scorer in the Champions League, Victor Namo, forced at least three saves from the Heartland goalkeeper with the most notable being in the 62nd minute, when Brown had to spectacularly block the striker's shot from the top of the box.

Bello Kofarmata and Ogaga also had chances to get on the score sheet, but their finishing let them down even inside the box.

And just when it looked like this match-up will finish in a draw, Agba stunning effort bounced right in front of goalkeeper Joel for the only goal of the day. It was Agba's sixth goal of the Champions League.

goals.com
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by TheSeeker(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2009
I can't laugh enough cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You mean they still beat them in front of their teeming fans? Kano will wish they were never meant to play with Heartland
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2009
Congrats, Heartland. Now go bring us the cup.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
guyzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . wats all the brouhaha about pillars knocking out the defensive champs? they did it with a string of draws. IMO, there was no convincing win from them right from the beginning of their campaign just draws and narrow goal margins booooooring!!!!
Now lets compare that to heartland who trumped that Liberian club 10-1 on aggregates. who would you rather prefer in the finals?
but that TP Mazembe wicked no be small o. . . hope heartland goes all Liberia on them (10-1 aggregate  cheesy tongue)
HEARTLAND ALL THA WAY!!!!!!
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
^^ dominique do you know how ridiculous you sound at all ? You mean knocking out the defending champions Al Ahly, who have about 6 of their players from the African nations cup winning squad of Egypt is less than beating one Liberian club you can't even name ?

There's no denying that Heartland were good over both legs but anyone who has been following this competition will know that Kano Pillars clearly had issues and the tie has been a disappointment.
Now that they're in the finals i just hope they can deliver on their promise cos TP Mazembe are by no means kano pillars.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by TheSeeker(m): 3:16am On Oct 11, 2009
Please, Heartland, don't watch and make sure you desist from anything that has to do with Eagles - golden, flying, crawling, walking or super eagles
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dominique(f): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
@edoyad
granted, they knocked out the defending champs but they didn't do that by defeating them did they? they played a couple of draws and were only lucky they had two away goals ahead of Al Ahly's one. i've said it before and i'm saying it again. . . luck helped pillars knock out ahly and definitely not skills.
i've been rooting for both our reps but lets face it, who would you rather prefer in the finals?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2009
^ grin Are you kidding me ? Not only do i want to see them at the finals but i can't wait to see them face Barcelona and Boca juniors in december.
Heartland are definitely playing a brand of football that oozes of the kind of professionalism that's been lacking in the Nigerian league. The most impressive thing about them is the quality of their goals. See the goal they scored in kano, even the useless camera crew couldn't capture It's magnificence. smiley
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ow11(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2009
@edoyad

How do you watch the games? NTA have sworn on their grave that we must not watch Nigeria based players lest we realise Amodu is a dud.

With the performance of our clubs in Africa over the past 4 seasons ( Nigerian clubs have reached at least a semi-final), It shows the players are tight. The clubs are still as poorly run as they were in the 90s but the quality and mentality of the players have improved.

Sadly I am going to toss my hat into the prediction ring and predict the results for the finals

Heartland FC V TP Mazembe 2 - 1 and TP Mazembe V Heartland FC 2 - 0

The Congolese champions just edge the Nigerians in quality (Most of their players were in the Congolese team that won the CHAN) and have not conceded a goal at Lubumbashi but have shwon they can score away from home. Heartland on the other hand just won their first away game against quality opposition.

All the same I wish I can see both games as they would be a good advert for African football (raw skills, speed and a lot of tackles).

@dominique

The fear of Tresor Mputi is the beginning of wisdom. Kelechi Emeteole is a better tactician than Amodu and should do something about this fellow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

98% Sure Bet Guaranteed.. / What's A Multigoal? And Secret To This Betting Tips Option / Statarea Guru Predictions For Todays Game Old Statarea Best Prediction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.