Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) (63551 Views)

You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Chicha1: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2016
Idiot cameraman, he couldnt even capture the b00bs well?
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by stevejireh01: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2016
these are Himba tribe from Namibia, that's their way of dressing,
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by johnie: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2016
ever811:
Kenya ehnnn..

This is Namibia not Kenya!

This should a Himba woman.

1 Like

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Lilyomi2: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2016
Bloggers do anything to drive traffic. I read on BBC online that they are known to keep to their traditional nature though they use phones and occasionally enter public places. She needed to grab a few things at the supermarket. some of the photos were left out. She went back to her abode and it is quiet remote. People are calling her mad but see nothing wrong with a lady in pants and bra beside the pool because we think that is the appropriate thing. To each his own. Again this is Namibia.

1 Like

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by profosenogoboy: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2016
coming from kuvkiland

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by highbeekeys(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
grin I smell gambling....
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by prince985(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
why wont they use u for slavery when u present urselves as senseless black animals
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by prince985(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
brostheo:
This is our culture,we can't run away from whom we are.Africa my Africa!
U will b happy going out with ur gf wen she is dressed like this Shay?
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by claremont(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
StephanieLuv:
Keyanian Maasai Warrior Lady

#Nigeria vs Kenya wink wink wink

Just look at how you have openly embarrassed yourself and shown your inability to read on the front page.
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by LoveJesus87(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
ihatebuhari:
go back to school

Kenya?
lol. Take it easy na. Go back to school ke? grin grin
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by redsun(m): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
Beautiful.Untouched by oyinbo colonization,indoctrination and adulteration before now. As soon as she exposes herself to those cancerogenic products,she and her offsprings won't be the same anymore.
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by brostheo(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
prince985:
U will b happy going out with ur gf wen she is dressed like this Shay?
If she feels cool and comfortable on that, who cares?
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by cocolacec(m): 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
ever811:
Kenya ehnnn..

This has nothing to do with Kenya,she is tribal womsn from Northern Namibia.
The Himba is the famous tribe of "red people" in northern Namibia. Women paint themselves twice a day with red clay mixed with butter. They wear short skirts made of goat skins and long red clay covered plaits of hair ending with tassels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnQYOzeWg6c

At first glance, it may seem that there are only women in the Himba tribe. Almost all of them are traditionally dressed, proud and beautiful. In contrast, the men usually have adopted western clothes and you don't get to see them much in the villages anyway, because they are often far away with their herds, or in the nearest pub. They are getting fond of alcohol (just like, for example, the Surma in the Omo Valley), which is now getting in by the newly repaired road. The Himba women are not pleased about the men's adaptation of Western Ideologies.
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by rabex123(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rozaystunna:
Kenya and weird news are like...
Somebody post that pic

grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Rozaystunna(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=rabex123 post=49092481][/quote] you're blessed cuh cool smiley
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by EmekaBlue(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
Namibian women no dey shame to hide their spring roll boobi
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by jacksol(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
The Himba tribes women. Surely the most beautiful women in Africa. Elegance at its peak!
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by olayinex(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
I beg help me ask her oo Watin she won waste of she buy d sunlight finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by olumalcolm(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
gods don dey cm market cm buy fud demselves as pple no gree visit babalawo again. Ko easy grin
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by classical15(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Na so madness take they start o. Besides, she need psychiatric evaluation to exclude possibility of schizo kiss
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by ThunderingHooves: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sometimes i laugh out loud. Someone gives you a map, pictures and all, and you insist it's "Kenya ". I guess "Kenya " is a euphemism now, not a country.
Seriously, i took one look and i knew that was an OmuHimba woman. I know my African peoples that well. (Note the use of proper people description, call them as they call themselves.). A proud and truly authentic people who live life by their own terms, you would be hard pressed to find amongst them modern day afflictions.
Below i present a famous "OmuHimba" .Anyone recognise her?? Hint/ clue : nicknamed the "pocket rocket" in her homeland :

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by ThunderingHooves: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
Same person again :

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by ThunderingHooves: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
once more :

1 Like

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Model shoot most likely. The real bushpeople can't read. I know a lot of people living in villages who can only speak and write their local dialects, what concerns them and english labelled brands? Who don see Fulani herder enter supermarket buy cake before?
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Biospnx(m): 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
And she paid wt?
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by MrSly(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rozaystunna:
Kenya and weird news are like... Somebody post that pic
grin grin cheesy
I got your point. see below

1 Like

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by adecares(f): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
this is just a display of mental imbalance to me
Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by todaynewsreview: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
todaynewsreview:
These striking images show the very pervasive nature of globalisation, as an elegant tribeswoman in traditional dress and mud for sunscreen checks out deals on washing powder.

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1152/photos-of-african-tribeswoman-in-a-supermarket-wearing-goat

Re: African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
This work has navigated right into my heart. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? / Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.