Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6142105 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
obaaderemi:
I thought I was the only one who noticed that.I saw it on aljazeera and it looked like any other backward subsahara-Africa country,dirty and poor.The kenyans here are doing a good job polishing sh!t.One Nairalander has been deceived by this thread already and chose to believe the kenyans.He got the shock of his life on arrival in nairobi.He is stranded in kenya now,the last we heard of him.At least the Nigerians don't hide their problems.
Ya wanted to see SUVs parked in kibera slum heh.. cheesy
An we ain't polishing sh**t..millions of tourist visit our country every year an they don't talk of shiity either..but ya country is soooo ..... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
mtis:

Ya wanted to see SUVs parked in kibera slum heh.. cheesy
An we ain't polishing sh**t..millions of tourist visit our country every year an they don't talk of shiity either..but ya country is soooo ..... grin grin
Continue consoling yourself.How come none of you have been able to post pictures of yourselves at all the nice events you've been posting here since last year.Are those events meant for only a class of people and not people like you?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:
As a South African the 3rd and 4th pic is disgusting......The South African flag is upside down, an upside down flag means the country is in dire distress and in extreme danger......it also means a country that has surrendered!!

The photo was taken when your country was having a vote of no confidence with Zuma and he actually won, and thats pretty distressing.
Just kidding. ;

Sorry about that tho, those guys probably have no idea that SA flag has an upright position. I think your flag says sth about the two major racial groups. Because when inverted the colors representing black people do not change but the ones representing white people do.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by konfused: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
obaaderemi:
I thought I was the only one who noticed that.I saw it on aljazeera and it looked like any other backward subsahara-Africa country,dirty and poor.The kenyans here are doing a good job polishing sh!t.One Nairalander has been deceived by this thread already and chose to believe the kenyans.He got the shock of his life on arrival in nairobi.He is stranded in kenya now,the last we heard of him.At least the Nigerians don't hide their problems.

Dude you are right, I always imagined they are world class after reading this tread, but what I saw is just a typical African country.

Even that dude Tonybarcanista supported them against his own country. I nearly fell for that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
konfused:

News News News, dude you guys seem not to even understand where I am coming from, I am not even talking about bad news or whites painting Africa black, when I first saw this thread, I placed Kenya on a high pedestal, but when I saw what was happening after Odinga rejected the result, I was disappointed.

The scenery and images, houses and everything is just not what I imagined kenya to be that's all.

If una like turn this upside down, I am not even saying Nigeria is better but Kenya is not anywhere far from Nigeria

Oh, u are talking about our politics, which is characterized by tribal rivalries, corruption, deceit and tge occassional outbursts of violence on grounds of percieved elections malpractices.

No Kenyan here has claimed that Kenya is a perfect country, that every system here is running seamlessly. We too have our problems that we are trying to fix, those challenges typical of any developing country and a young democracy at that.

Whatever u saw on those news channels do not however controvert the fact that Kenya has made a lot of progress in the certain facets of development; for starters, it is still regarded as the most democratic country in this part of the Sahara.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
Danielnino00:

The gold u won in javelin was at the u-18 championship wasn't it?? grin grin

As far a we know,long race is the only sports Kenyans are good at grin

Nigeria on the other hand has represented Africa at all age grade,gender grade and any type of football tournament and won laurels. .We have won medals at athletics too (u can check) . We aren't that bad at tennis either. We have produced some of the world best boxers and wrestlers grin grin.

Kenyans only know long distance races

Nuh nuh, we won gold at the Commonwealth Games, Beijing IAAF, and All Africa Games. Kenya is the record holder for Javelin in Africa and the Commonwealth.

We never won gold in javelin at the u-18 championships as you claim so just quit the usual lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfmagI8NK4

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2017
konfused:

hahahha, who is talking about elections, I watched Aljazeera and CNN, after all the hype about how Kenya is more developed than Nigeria, I was expecting to see a modernised developed african nation, but what I saw is still same as anywhere in Nigeria, there is no discernible difference between the two countries capice

I never mentioned elections, that was Hbuyosh. However, I hope you realize that the skirmishes were in the slum areas so you are basically telling us Nigeria is a big slum because you say it looked like anywhere in Nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
mtis:

Boss can we just agree that Kenya is well known internationally as champions when it comes to sports..there is narrative ya can push but at the end doesn't hold water...Naija can feel comfortable with the African thingy but for us we ain't local ,we are international champs

These peeps are extremely comfortable about doing well in the African sports arena while for us its the least we can do
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
mtis:

Awesome photos msee. We should thank the late Wangari Mathai for awesome work she did...

Definitely, her Nobel was truly deserved
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
obaaderemi:

Would u change your perspective on say SA, US, or UK if u were shown the most disadvantaged parts of those countries?

Kenya too has slums, really sleazy slums like Kibera ( as if u dint know that), and much of the protests against the elections outcome were concentrated in those places.

Much of Nairobi, the middle class parts of Nairobi were absolutely peacefull, I witnessed no violence myself in my neighborhood.

Cc: konfused

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I never mentioned elections, that was Hbuyosh. However, I hope you realize that the skirmishes were in the slum areas so you are basically telling us Nigeria is a big slum because you say it looked like anywhere in Nigeria cheesy
Hehe! Good one!

obaaderemi, u dont really mean that most of Nigeria is like Kibera.

konfused, what then are u talking about? Kenya has recently been on the news for the wrong reason over the elections, I thus assumed that is what u were talking about.

If u were refering to the poverty and the slums, boo you! SA has a number of bad slims but it is still the most developed country in Africa, right?

The focus was on those slums of Kibera and Mathare cos they tend to be very volatile, during elections period they always tend to be violent.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by konfused: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Hehe! Good one!

obaaderemi, u dont really mean that most of Nigeria is like Kibera.

konfused, what then are u talking about? Kenya has recently been on the news for the wrong reason over the elections, I thus assumed that is what u were talking about.

If u were refering to the poverty and the slums, boo you! SA has a number of bad slims but it is still the most developed country in Africa, right?

The focus was on those slums of Kibera and Mathare cos they tend to be very volatile, during elections period they always tend to be violent.

You are very funny, I saw Odinga addressing his supporters, I saw when the election was being counted, I saw when the president casted his vote, all I will say is Kenya is not different from Nigeria, if you like say the whole Nigeria is a slum, e concern you, my bubble about Kenya was bursted, that's all

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
konfused:

You are very funny, I saw Odinga addressing his supporters, I saw when the election was being counted, I saw when the president casted his vote, all I will say is Kenya is not different from Nigeria, if you like say the whole Nigeria is a slum, e concern you, my bubble about Kenya was bursted, that's all
They know the truth but will never accept it.Watch k24 and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
There is this game called Rugby that (some) backward Nigerians still think is meant for oyinbos cheesy
Our women play it on the global arena in the women's 7's series

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Would u change your perspective on say SA, US, or UK if u were shown the most disadvantaged parts of those countries?

Kenya too has slums, really sleazy slums like Kibera ( as if u dint know that), and much of the protests against the elections outcome were concentrated in those places.

Much of Nairobi, the middle class parts of Nairobi were absolutely peacefull, I witnessed no violence myself in my neighborhood.

Cc: konfused
When 60% of nairobi resides in slums according to you in an earlier post.How many people live in the better parts of town?The funny thing is how you people continue to see yourselves through rose tinted glasses.How can your society improve when you continue to gloss over your debilitating problems?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

The photo was taken when your country was having a vote of no confidence with Zuma and he actually won, and thats pretty distressing.
Just kidding. ;

Sorry about that tho, those guys probably have no idea that SA flag has an upright position. I think your flag says sth about the two major racial groups. Because when inverted the colors representing black people do not change but the ones representing white people do.
hahaha fair enough Zuma winning the No confidence vote is very distressing!!

The South African flag is basically a combination of the old South African Republic/vierkleur and the colours of the ANC......even on the vierkleur blue is always at the bottom.

Lastly don't think it has anything to do with race, i literally stopped at i guest house next to the road simply to ask the owner( who was white) to fix her SAn flag which was also upside down.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
mtis:

What do you mean the flag is upside down??
I mean our flag was hoisted up side down.........what's so difficult to understand??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
konfused:

This guy, Odinga was addressing supporters in Kibera slum which is his epicentre.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:

hahaha fair enough Zuma winning the No confidence vote is very distressing!!

The South African flag is basically a combination of the old South African Republic/vierkleur and the colours of the ANC......even on the vierkleur blue is always at the bottom.

Lastly don't think it has anything to do with race, i literally stopped at i guest house next to the road simply to ask the owner( who was white) to fix her SAn flag which was also upside down.

lol,
Seems like you are really concerned about the flag's orientation. Does it mean as much as you claim or is it just your personal belief? I think any non South African would be forgiven for not putting it the right way, after all even your own countryman put it the wrong way in a guest house no less

Nothing about your flag gives its obvious orientation to a layman compared to say, the Kenyan or Nigerian flags which are pretty straightforward. The difference is that the designers of both SA and Kenyan flags went into some deeper reflection while the designer of the Nigerian flag was one lazy basttard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:

I mean our flag was hoisted up side down.........what's so difficult to understand??
hah got it..climate change affecting Nairobi weather thus affecting my core systems..no biggy though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

lol,
Seems like you are really concerned about the flag's orientation. Does it mean as much as you claim or is it just your personal belief? I think any non South African would be forgiven for not putting it the right way, after all even your own countryman put it the wrong way in a guest house no less

Nothing about your flag gives its obvious orientation to a layman compared to say, the Kenyan or Nigerian flags which are pretty straightforward. The difference is that the designers of both SA and Kenyan flags went into some deeper reflection while the designer of the Nigerian flag was one lazy basttard
Shouldn't all patriotic citizens treat their countries flag with respect?? There are a number of rules that state to correctly handle the nations flag!!

And although i agree that 99% of non-SAn will obviously have no idea which way it should go up.....BUT at event were flags of other nations are displayed the necessary research should be done, Its extremely disrespectful to hoist a countries flag upside down.

I remember in 2009 South Africa played France in a rugby test they also hoisted our flag upside down.....To add insult to injury the French provided a certain Ras dumisani(google him) to sing our national anthem, not only couldn't he sing for sh1t but he also didn't know any of our anthems lyrics
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:
There is this game called Rugby that (some) backward Nigerians still think is meant for oyinbos cheesy
Our women play it on the global arena in the women's 7's series

Just Rugby sevens grin grin .. And you haven't made it to the rugby world cup.

Nawao
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
Danielnino00:

The gold u won in javelin was at the u-18 championship wasn't it?? grin grin

As far a we know,long race is the only sports Kenyans are good at grin

Nigeria on the other hand has represented Africa at all age grade,gender grade and any type of football tournament and won laurels. .We have won medals at athletics too (u can check) . We aren't that bad at tennis either. We have produced some of the world best boxers and wrestlers grin grin.

Kenyans only know long distance races
Kenya is number 3 in africa in cricket...
Rugby 7s we are number 6 in the world. And number 2 in Africa after SA
Women volleyball we have won the last 4 consecutive African championships..

Athletics...well that one you know...

The only thing we have not been able to manage is football... But that will end soon, our local clubs have heavy pocketed sponsors these days, playing high quality friendlies in spain and with the likes of everton...hoping that will be translated to the national team

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:

Shouldn't all patriotic citizens treat their countries flag with respect?? There are a number of rules that state to correctly handle the nations flag!!

And although i agree that 99% of non-SAn will obviously have no idea which way it should go up.....BUT at event were flags of other nations are displayed the necessary research should be done, Its extremely disrespectful to hoist a countries flag upside down.

I remember in 2009 South Africa played France in a rugby test they also hoisted our flag upside down.....To add insult to injury the French provided a certain Ras dumisani(google him) to sing our national anthem, not only couldn't he sing for sh1t but he also didn't know any of our anthems lyrics

Our case is bad but that of France must have been a case of clear sabotage grin I've checked Ras, he's such a poor singer first of all, but SA is famed for its citizens not knowing the lyrics of their anthem. Even Trevor Noah confirmed it cheesy I can almost swear you and Jayceon only know the first stanza wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2017
Danielnino00:

Just Rugby sevens grin grin .. And you haven't made it to the rugby world cup.

Nawao

Wait for us at the 2019 Rugby World Cup cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
mtis:

Can see Eko coming up well there...but but shouldn't the govt first concentrate on making lago an abuja more ...am looking for a nicer word ( don't want to offend anyone cheesy )

The purpose of Eko Atlantic is to create a home for Nigerians in diaspora who would love to come settle and invest at home, as well as for other foreign investors. For this purpose, Eko Atlantic would have constant power supply and all that would make business run smoothly right at the heart of lagos, economic capital of west africa.
Abuja may not have as many sky scrappers as Nairobi, but it is far from being less developed.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Our case is bad but that of France must have been a case of clear sabotage grin I've checked Ras, he's such a poor singer first of all, but SA is famed for its citizens not knowing the lyrics of their anthem. Even Trevor Noah confirmed it cheesy I can almost swear you and Jayceon only know the first stanza wink
Here it is...

South African National Anthem

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
(God Bless Africa)
Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo,
(Raise high Her glory)
Yizwa imithandazo yethu,
(Hear our Prayers)
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo
(God bless us, we her children)
isiXhosa and isiZulu

Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso,
(God protect our nation)
O fedise dintwa le matshwenyeho,
(End all wars and tribulations)
O se boloke, O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
(Protect us, protect our nation)
Setjhaba sa South Afrika - South Afrika.
(Our nation South Africa - South Africa)
Sesotho

Uit die blou van onse hemel,
(Ringing out from our blue heavens)
Uit die diepte van ons see,
(From the depth of our seas)
Oor ons ewige gebergtes,
(Over our everlasting mountains)
Waar die kranse antwoord gee,
(Where the echoing crags resound)
Afrikaans

Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom,
In South Africa our land.
English

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
obaaderemi:
When 60% of nairobi resides in slums according to you in an earlier post.How many people live in the better parts of town?The funny thing is how you people continue to see yourselves through rose tinted glasses.How can your society improve when you continue to gloss over your debilitating problems?

Which post?

Nairobi population living in slums is 52%, and slums occupy just 6% of the total Nairobi population.

Tell me which major city in Africa, in the sSahara in particular has no slums?

U and konfused claim that your perspective regarding Kenya shifted when u saw the reports about the country, referencing the slums, as tho u were unaware that slums exist in Kenya, as though u are unaware that slums exist in SAfrica, as though u are unaware that slums exist in tge US.

U both are being dishonest about your alleged hitherto high regards for Kenya, dented by the sorry sights of the things u claim u saw on the Cnns and Aljazeeras ( as tho it was your first time).

What I can divine from your sentiments is secret jealousy against Kenya, coupled with schadenfreude for seeing the bad side of Kenya being put on display to the whole world, consoling yourselves that your Nigeria is not that bad, or rather the only messed up country after all.

But nobody has said that your country is bad, except that u cld have done better.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Officially he clocked 104 damn days abroad not giving much of a hoot

https://www.tickcounter.com/countup/24707/days-since-buhari-left-nigeria

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Officially he clocked 104 damn days abroad not giving much of a hoot

https://www.tickcounter.com/countup/24707/days-since-buhari-left-nigeria

grin grin grin grin grin
The problem is not with Buhari, the problem is with the constitution that doesn't address such a scenario properly. The constitution only allows for a transfer to the Vice president by a written letter to the National Assembly, and so he did just that and could hardly be faulted legally.
But the protest by many Nigerians which had gone on for weeks was that morally speaking he should step down, and this has destabilized the nation this past few months, so you can imagine why the politicians and ministers are happy to be free at last from the protests of the masses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.