Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6143531 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nomfanelo99(f): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:
Point out the lie in the post or simply say it is over your head like your equally illiterate boyfriend you quoted did by asking what I was saying.

You guys can be so ignorant sometimes . The question you should be asking yourself is " independence for who exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:
Point out the lie in the post or simply say it is over your head like your equally illiterate boyfriend you quoted did by asking what I was saying.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Nomfanelo99:

You guys can be so ignorant sometimes . The question you should be asking yourself is " independence for who exactly?
Independence for South Africa 'exactly'.Oh,I forgot!There are two South Africas:one white and the other black.The white part had nominal independence as far back as 1910,the other in 1994.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nomfanelo99(f): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2017
As I wait while you running up and down Google because your'll are too good in providing links to something that you clearly have no understanding off .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nomfanelo99(f): 9:24am On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:
Independence for South Africa 'exactly'.Oh,I forgot!There are two South Africas:one white and the other black.The white part had nominal independence as far back as 1910,the other in 1994.

I bet you got all that information from Google . except you are missing one or two key factors in all this . I suggest you go back and dig deeper.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2017
shervydman:
grin grin grin
Wazzup with you?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2017
Nomfanelo99:

I bet you got all that information from Google . except you are missing one or two key factors in all this . I suggest you go back and dig deeper.
You don't have to quote me twice.You appear desperate.What has google got to do with this?Growing up in Africa,all school children across Africa knew about your plight and history.But,can I ask you something,my lady?..Why are you so angry?Make love,not war.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nomfanelo99(f): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:
You don't have to quote me twice.You appear desperate.What has google got to do with this?Growing up in Africa,all school children across Africa knew about your plight and history.But,can I ask you something,my lady?..Why are you so angry?Make love,not war.

I hardly get angry . reason why you don't find me in e wars involving SA on this forum . Was only pointing out what you forgot to mention on your theory .

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:

Make love?? Baba oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
obaaderemi:
Wazzup with you?
u be something else, I swear. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lasgidi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
More

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
@Obadem
The problem with you guys is that you have your own version of SA history. You make noise about apartheid that lasted around 40 years 1948-1990. Europeans landed in SA in 1652 that was less than 50 people and between 1652-1800 there were 14 000 Europeans and 36 000 slaves (imported from Mozambique,Angola and Asia) in Cape Town, these Europeans worked for VOC a Dutch company that traded spices between AFRICA and ASIA via Cape Town (refreshment station) they were mainly poor class from Dutch, Germany,Belgium,France and Scandianivia. This is the genetic make up of boers. In this period there were no contacts between inland and Cape Town, people that lived there were Khoisan that traded with Xhosas on livestock. The Xhosas and Khoisan were first SA indigene to be in contact with Europeans. By 1795 British annexed the Cape and took over Cape Town after that by 1820 4000 British settlers landed in Port Elizabeth and clashed with Xhosas for land they lost some wars with Xhosas in frontier wars and imported 3600 German soldiers to help fight the war with Xhosas. British controlled the Cape forced boers to trek inlnd, they pushed inward in the late 1890s into Zululand and Gauteng clashing with Zulus and Sothos, then lost some and won some then fought. Then later the British wanted to take full control of SA after the DISCOVERY OF GOLD AND DIAMONDS in the 1867-1900 they clashed with boers and in a war called Angol-Boer war British won the war with the help of Africans (Xhosas,Zulus and Sothos) and boers had Tswanas and coloureds as their allies. The boers were poor and LANDLESS after the war in 1900s some worked as wagon drivers in booming British mining towns like Joburg and Kimberley. By 1900s British and boer politicians set down and negotiated way foward the British leaders like Rhodes felt sorry for poor boers and thoght of coming with the plan to end "WHITE POVERTY OF THE 1901-1920'S". By 1909-1910 local born British and boers fought for independence from British rule and by 1910 Britain gives power to boers and others whites keeps control of SA BANKS, MINING COMPANIES, BIG INDUSTRIES etc...By then boer politicians negotians with Brits for land that was taken by force from Indiginous Africans blacks and Khoisan. This was the white government plan to end white poverty by 1948 the boer speaking national party won elections and introduced partheid 1948-1990. Even then SA was still a BRITISH DOMONION Boer elite took orders from LONDON.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
From 1820s-1897 blacks, coloureds and Asians lived together with Europeans in SA cities there were even suburbs that were mixed racially like District Six Cape Town and Sophiatown Joburg etc..these areas gave birth to SA JAZZ CULTURE of the 1950s. The British missinaries fought against colonization and helped in setting up colleges and universities for blacks and coloureds, Asians. Like this above, these colleges and universities, missionairy schools gave birth to SA BLACK AND COLURED ELITE OF THE 1890S-1900S. These travelled the world and spread the word about European Colonization in Africa. These black and coloured elite invited students from all over Africa especially Southern and East Africa to study in SA and help fight colonization in their countries. Most first presidents in SADC and East Africa studied in SA, thats incuding few ministers of Ghana and other parts of west africa.

The black and coloureds,Asian educationa and development was stalled between 1948-1990, before that our people were doing fine and influenced those outside SA.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
From 1820s-1897 blacks, coloureds and Asians lived together with Europeans in SA cities there were even suburbs that were mixed racially like District Six Cape Town and Sophiatown Joburg etc..these areas gave birth to SA JAZZ CULTURE of the 1950s. The British missinaries fought against colonization and helped in setting up colleges and universities for blacks and coloureds, Asians. Like this above, these colleges and universities, missionairy schools gave birth to SA BLACK AND COLURED ELITE OF THE 1890S-1900S. These travelled the world and spread the word about European Colonization in Africa. These black and coloured elite invited students from all over Africa especially Southern and East Africa to study in SA and help fight colonization in their countries. Most first presidents in SADC and East Africa studied in SA, thats incuding few ministers of Ghana and other parts of west africa.

The black and coloureds,Asian education and development was stalled between 1948-1990, before that our people were doing fine and influenced those outside SA.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Muafrica2
This was for you if you read about the KENYAN ELITE 1897-1900S theyr all linked to SA. Read on your own and come back to me espcially the KIKUYUS of Kenya. Prof Ngugi Wa Thiongo even mentioned this on his lecture in S.A.

Black SA produced the first DOCTOR IN SUB SAHARA AFRICA AND FIRST VET IN AFRICA in 1860s and 1880s....that was before UCT started their medical school.

The lie about blacks being uneducated, coloureds in SA is based on 1948-1990 apartheid developments.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
@MuaAfrica
We strengtherned Mau Mau and Mau mau strengthened us....we fought battles with Kenya and won.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
with everything level we top....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kwametut: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Our middled class today id double the entire white population...10,6m black and 2,1m coloured middle class and 2,2m white middle class..today.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
kwametut:
Our middled class today id double the entire white population...10,6m black and 2,1m coloured middle class and 2,2m white middle class..today.
but ur fellow jesters claim u have 35m middle class??....if I even wanna tackle u, u'll see that they're not even up to the 10m that u claim here, ur graph has spoken for itself.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nomfanelo99:

,grin grin he's clueless
Very clueless grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
shervydman:

I don't know what u mean by the landmass of a country in relation to HDI. but u can learn more about inequality-adjusted human development index on ur own.

By landmass I was referring to the economically useful land in terms if productivity e.g farming, transport...

The inequality-adjusted human development index is an eye opener; but as always you were below ourselves. I dont know what you will have to adjust for you to have a better quality of life. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nairobi, Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Instameet Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Street Saxophonist Moses Odhiambo, nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
@kwametut,you've dug up impressive history about black SAfricans.But,to an informed mind,you've hardly brought anything new.If the blacks could form a political party by the 1920s as we all know,does it not show that they were enlightened?It lends credence to the puzzle:how did the black SAfricans lose it so much?It is so depressing to the rest of the black world,to say the least, but you south africans don't seem to notice it.By the way,you need to get your facts right:Lagos had a medical doctor by 1876 and he was black,a yoruba by the name Nathaniel King.South Africa had its first black doctor in 1883.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 22, 2017
Instameet Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
kwametut:
with everything level we top....

Actually your annual graduate rate is low. Ours is
About 50, 000 graduates are churned out of public and private universities in Kenya every year piling
http://sokodirectory.com/2016/11/unemployment-crisis-kenya-more-graduate-universities/

for 45 mn Kenyans.

Your fellow BRIC,Brazil with a 205 mn pop to your 55 mm graduated almost a million! Btw,their GDP ppp is higher by 50% but the gap in graduate numbers is an ocean.

Some 991,000 students graduated in 2013, a drop of almost 60,000 on 2012, despite the number of students enrolled on courses across the country increasing to 7.3 million. Across the federal system (as distinct from state and for-profit private universities), the number of graduates increased by 3.8 per cent.

Among the disciplines to register a decline in graduates were education, health and science, according to this year’s Higher Education Census, released by the Ministry of Education earlier this month.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/as-graduate-numbers-fall-brazil-looks-to-raise-quality/2015885.article

In fact
Private universities’ role in cutting poverty is why the IFC invests in three in Brazil: two giants, Anhanguera and Estácio de Sá, with 650,000 students between them, and the smaller Maurício de Nassau.

http://www.economist.com/node/21562955

HAIIYYYAA!!

Like I said earlier,your stats look good by African standards but really you should be beyond such a yardstick. Figures are surprisingly hard to find but here's India (they're 22 x your pop but again in per capita they lead by several miles in terms of graduate numbers.)

With recent capacity additions, it now appears that the nation has the capability to graduate over 500,000 engineers (with 4-yr undergraduate degrees) annually, and there is also a corresponding increase in the graduation of computer scientists (roughly 50,000 with post-graduate degree). In addition, the nation graduates over 1.2 million scientists. Furthermore, each year, the nation is enrolling at least 350,000 in its engineering diploma programs (with plans to increase this by about 50,000). Thus, India's annual enrollment of scientists, engineers and technicians now exceeds 2 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_education_in_India

How many do you graduate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.