Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6134470 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
I know Nigeria who cannot defend the cook GDP are desperately trying to ran to their "big" companies. But that is no refuge man.

Let compare the cap of Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) and Nairobi Stock exchange (NSE). The giant versus the dwart.

NSE -the giant - cap seem to hover around N14-16 trillion - just around $40B dollars.
NEE - the dwarf - cap seem to hover around Kshs 2.8-3 trillion - just around $30 dollars.

In short Kenya which is not a "500B dollar with 200M people with lots of petrol dollars" Nairobi Stock Exchange total caps as of today is $30B dollar - with Nigeria's just at $40B dollars. SEE COOKED GDP grin grin grin

Safaricom at about $12B dollars beats or equals Dangote Cement (which account for 20% plus of Nigeria Stock Exchange).

The search for the giant continues....
and you don't know that the NSE is the best in the world

http://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/nigerian-stock-market-is-best-in-the-world-so-far-for-2018-id7845533.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
The best in what? Obviously this is beyond your paygrade! But can you qualify that? A stock exchange can be the best in a single day or month in returns - but overally - when I looked at you cap - it's very tiny (despite OIL COMPANIES) - $40B against kenya's $30B - Dangote is starting to see SAFARICOM dust smiley and please don't even talk about JSE - let those South Africans not hear you. That one is on it's own league...and it's 350B dollar economy. NOT COOKED. NOT MASSAGED. REAL ECONOMY. Not faked one like NIGERIA.
samsobo24:
and you don't know that the NSE is the best in the world

http://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/nigerian-stock-market-is-best-in-the-world-so-far-for-2018-id7845533.html

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
You need to understand how to analyze data - one outlier - is nothing to shout about. Secondly GTBANK is not that bigger than our top banks. Our banks are Africa (actually world) fastest growing.

As of 2017 - KCB was about $9B dollars in assets & Equity at 7B - and was only below 4 nigeria banks - who are howevering around $12B(AccessBank), $13B(GTBank),$14B(FirstBank) and 21$(Zenith).

Now if you check the growth rate of kenya banks - KCB (grew by 25% - Equity 12%) - then without doubt you know in 2018-2020 - Both Equity and KCB(most definitely) - will be better than all Nigeria banks - SAVE for Zenith Bank. The kenya bank growth is solid...amongst the highest global growth rate the last many years.

So KCB by this year if it's grows at 20-25% - will obviously overtake ACESS and GTBANK smiley - and by 2019 - FirstBank - and then 2 more years - and Zenith Bank will be seeing KCB back - and Equity - and lot more like Cooperative Bank of Kenya (who already joined the global 1000 banks). And we won't force any of our 45 banks to merge - like South Africa or Nigeria - because the banking market requires small, medium, and large banks - we are in fact licensing more and more banks.

KCB your biggest bank is just $4bn in assets. Add it to Coop bank Kenya and Barclay bank Kenya, they are still smaller than Gtbank. Na wa o.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
The best in what? Obviously this is beyond your paygrade! But can you qualify that? A stock exchange can be the best in a single day or month in returns - but overally - when I looked at you cap - it's very tiny (despite OIL COMPANIES) - $40B against kenya's $30B - Dangote is starting to see SAFARICOM dust smiley and please don't even talk about JSE - let those South Africans not hear you. That one is on it's own league...and it's 350B dollar economy. NOT COOKED. NOT MASSAGED. REAL ECONOMY. Not faked one like NIGERIA.
The rating of all stock markets across the globe
by S&P Dow Jones Indices has put Nigerian Stock
Exchange (NSE) as one of the 5 best capital
markets in the world.
According to the rating body », the Lagos bourse
grew by 42% in 2017. Thus, making the NSE third-
best performing capital market after Argentina and
Turkey. Stock markets of Hong Kong and the United
States occupied fourth and fifth position to
complete the top five for 2017.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
The best in what? Obviously this is beyond your paygrade! But can you qualify that? A stock exchange can be the best in a single day or month in returns - but overally - when I looked at you cap - it's very tiny (despite OIL COMPANIES) - $40B against kenya's $30B - Dangote is starting to see SAFARICOM dust smiley and please don't even talk about JSE - let those South Africans not here you. That one is on it's own league.
This guy self,na wa for your life

OK

Lagos Economy is bigger than the whole of Kenya + Ethiopia+ Tanzania + etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nigerians, please, let's take it easy with RSVP 17,he is our willing punching bag but just let him save face a little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Try include the source...I know you guys are scrapping the bottom of the barrel..unable to string a coherent sound argument..but you're making it's worse for nigeria..because you're showing not only your GDP is cooked - you guys are also hopeless liars.
obaaderemi:
KCB your biggest bank is just $4bn in assets. Add it to Coop bank Kenya and Barclay bank Kenya, they are still smaller than Gtbank. Na wa o.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
A lot of people in nigeria belief in the government too much but the government does nothing here in the country only thing they do is making noise deceive the people and invest hundreds of billions of dollars in other countries while deceiving the people. How state in nigeria are now begging other african countries for development. Our government is 30 in africa in performance and achievements. Most of are politicians invest in other countries and have businesses in other countries that is why they don't care about nigeria. When are people abroad come back to nigeria in millions they only state in the country from 1 to 3 years and run to other countries to develop.

List of countries by industrial production growth rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_industrial_production_growth_rate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
I can find you many yrs where Nairobi Stock Exchange has been rated the best...but we are talking CAPITALIZATION..an indicator of how big your companies are! Get it?
obaaderemi:
The rating of all stock markets across the globe
by S&P Dow Jones Indices has put Nigerian Stock
Exchange (NSE) as one of the 5 best capital
markets in the world.
According to the rating body », the Lagos bourse
grew by 42% in 2017. Thus, making the NSE third-
best performing capital market after Argentina and
Turkey. Stock markets of Hong Kong and the United
States occupied fourth and fifth position to
complete the top five for 2017.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:

Not true - Ramaphosa signed. The so called African giant is afraid of what is being billed as the largest trade agreement after WTO. Please Nigeria wake up from your slumber and self-delusion - and smell the coffee!! What are you afraid of? Benin? Or Togo? Or Ghana grin grin or the real big boys like Egypt, South Africa, Kenya and Morroco..you know you fake GDP will be exposed.
https://www.fin24.com/Economy/sa-signs-african-free-trade-agreement-20180321

we are bini...!!

get lost...stay away from west africa...!!.... angry angry angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2018
we dont want to be the leader of the black race....lead yourselfs.... angry angry

oya,gba...take the useless title of giant of africa...... angry angry

we dont want and dont care....

the darkside dont give a flying fvck about blacks..... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
I don't see any hope - unless the nigeria gov first focussed on collecting taxes - at mere $36B dollars Istate+federal budget) - there is very little a gov can do - to gather for 200M - even a well meaning one.

TAXES. TAXES. And maybe debt..but nobody is going to lend you money when you revenues are low....so before any big dreams...nigeria need to really reform their tax regime.

In kenya - we have gone to the stage - where everyone - above 18yrs has to fill their tax returns. Even if you fill NILL returns.

Now kenya budget including counties is nearly $32B against Nigeria $36B. That is why some guy here is happy with 25M syringe factory in his state grin grin

sufferNsmiling:
A lot of people in nigeria belief in the government too much but the government does nothing here in the country only thing they do is making noise deceive the people and invest hundreds of billions of dollars in other countries while deceiving the people. How state in nigeria are now begging other african countries for development. Our government is 30 in africa in performance and achievements. Most of are politicians invest in other countries and have businesses in other countries that is why they don't care about nigeria. When are people abroad come back to nigeria in millions they only state in the country from 1 to 3 years and run to other countries to develop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_industrial_production_growth_rate

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
I don't see any hope - unless the nigeria gov first focussed on collecting taxes - at mere 36B dollars - there is very little a gov can do - to gather for 200M - even a well meaning one.

TAXES. TAXES. And maybe debt..but nobody is going to lend you money when you revenues are low....so before any big dreams...nigeria need to really reform their tax regime.

In kenya - we have gone to the stage - where everyone - above 18yrs has to fill their tax returns. Even if you fill NILL returns.

i dont think thats gonna happen any soon.... undecided

we got used to freebies.....

buhari was not realy wrong for calling us lazy.... undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
You were never the leader - you attempted to lie to yourself - nobody - least of all nigeria believe it - and they are voting with their feet everyday out of nigeria - making dangerous boat journey to europe.

South Africa and Kenya will lead Africa. That you can rest assured of. Already we are top 30 globally in DOING GOOD.

justtoodark:
we dont want to be the leader of the black race....lead yourselfs.... angry angry

oya,gba...take the useless title of giant of africa...... angry angry

we dont want and dont care....

the darkside dont give a flying fvck about blacks..... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by RSVP: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Nigerians, please, let's take it easy with RSVP 17,he is our willing punching bag but just let him save face a little.

Caution

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
samsobo24:
This guy self,na wa for your life

OK

Lagos Economy is bigger than the whole of Kenya + Ethiopia+ Tanzania + etc
hahahahaha........the guy go be like nawa o...Lagos economy big pass Kenyan economy plus two countries combined.make I console myself by tellin them it's a cooked figure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
i remember the story my mother told me about shagari throwing money from a helicopter....

nigeria was rich back then.....

we didnt even understand what to do with the money... undecided

study our traditions at parties....

i dont know other traditions that shower you with money at parties.... undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

We don't believe in the government of Nigeria, you asss. Maybe you once did and they frustrated you,I can't say but we can see you are frustrated. What the Nigerian guys here are defending is that despite bad governance, Nigerians are pulling themselves up with their shoe laces and making impacts in Nigeria and Africa. It might interest you to know that among Kenya's 43 banks two are owned by Nigerians and Kenya itself has been cooking its GDP and stats badly. They are worse off apart from northern Nigeria which has turned itself to an albatross. I wonder what you as a youth has done to help Nigeria other than to moan and attack Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
You were never the leader - you attempted to lie to yourself - nobody - least of all nigeria believe it - and they are voting with their feet everyday out of nigeria - making dangerous boat journey to europe.

South Africa and Kenya will lead Africa. That you can rest assured of. Already we are top 30 globally in DOING GOOD.

we dont want you to lead us too...lets separate....

you are different type of black people....simple as that....i dont give no flying shittt about pan african....

lead yourselfs...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
RSVP:

Caution
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! No be you,Jare.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nigeria banks bought two small banks - and so far - they are just hopeless - kenya banking is too sophisticated for them. They've been burning so much money - I really pity them. They can't hack it - Barclays, Standard Chartered and even South Africa Stanbic -are struggling - leave alone Nigeria GT Bank or ECOBANK. Kenyans are very competitive. Ask South Africa companies who attempted to come here and we buried all of them alive. They go to Nigeria and rest of Africa - and strive - they come to kenya - and they can't hack it. Dangote - ran so fasts - he was found complaining that kenya is more corrupt than Nigeria grin grin.

Kenya well educated work force that has largely ran open-market liberalized economy will eat you lunch oga!

obaaderemi:
We don't believe in the government of Nigeria, you asss. Maybe you once did and they frustrated you,I can't say but we can see you are frustrated. What the Nigerian guys here are defending is that despite bad governance, Nigerians are pulling themselves up with their shoe laces and making impacts in Nigeria and Africa. It might interest you to know that among Kenya's 43 banks two are owned by Nigerians and Kenya itself has been cooking its GDP and stats badly. They are worse off apart from northern Nigeria which has turned itself to an albatross. I wonder what you as a youth has done to help Nigeria other than to moan and attack Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigeria banks bought two small banks - and so far - they are just hopeless - kenya banking is too sophisticated for them. They've been burning so much money - I really pity them. They can't hack it - Barclays, Standard Chartered and even South Africa Stanbic -are struggling - leave alone Nigeria GT Bank or ECOBANK. Kenya are very competitive. Ask South Africa companies who atempted to come here and we buried all of them alive. They go to Nigeria and rest of Africa - and strive - they come to kenya - and they can't hack it. Dangote - ran so fasts - he was found complaining that kenya is more corrupt than Nigeria grin grin

chaiii...i dont understand you none nigerian blacks...what the hell do you realy want from us.....??

una want us to sign a bill saying kenya is better than nigeria or what....?

we will gladly sign it solong you kenyans stay away from us..... angry angry...deal...??..... angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Try include the source...I know you guys are scrapping the bottom of the barrel..unable to string a coherent sound argument..but you're making it's worse for nigeria..because you're showing not only your GDP is cooked - you guys are also hopeless liars.
Sauce and salt,your Majesty
https://naibuzz.com/biggest-best-banks-in-kenya/ You need to build your banks. You've got the potential with all the whites and Asians among you. Plus your tourism and your phantom exports.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nigeria will remain backward - Africans have to open up - it's fake border imposed by colonialist - and African should be free to move or trade or visits. I welcome Nigerian to come to visit or trade or study or marry or live in Kenya. Obviously the drug dealers and thieves will be shot on sight kenyan style.
justtoodark:

we dont want you to lead us too...lets separate....

you are different type of black people....simple as that....i dont give no flying shittt about pan african....

lead yourselfs...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
We are not in Nigeria - not yet - we are coming - we are in Congo now.
justtoodark:

chaiii...i dont understand you none nigerian blacks...what the hell do you realy want from us.....??

una want us to sign a bill saying kenya is better than nigeria or what....?

we will gladly sign it solong you kenyans stay away from us..... angry angry...deal...??..... angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigeria banks bought two small banks - and so far - they are just hopeless - kenya banking is too sophisticated for them. They've been burning so much money - I really pity them. They can't hack it - Barclays, Standard Chartered and even South Africa Stanbic -are struggling - leave alone Nigeria GT Bank or ECOBANK. Kenyans are very competitive. Ask South Africa companies who attempted to come here and we buried all of them alive. They go to Nigeria and rest of Africa - and strive - they come to kenya - and they can't hack it. Dangote - ran so fasts - he was found complaining that kenya is more corrupt than Nigeria grin grin.

Kenya well educated work force that has largely ran open-market liberalized economy will eat you lunch oga!

See pain. Gtbank is number 19 among your 43 Lilliputian banks. Shame. Most of your banks would rank as community banks here. If your number 19 bank is useless according to you, then what about number 20 to 43? You should scrap them then for wasting space.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigeria will remain backward - Africans have to open up - it's fake border imposed by colonialist - and African should be free to move or trade or visits. I welcome Nigerian to come to visit or trade or study or marry or live in Kenya. Obviously the drug dealers and thieves will be shot on sight kenyan style.

uhhh..you have comprehension problems.....

i repeat:

we nigerians are not interested in leading the black race....go ahead...kenya should lead...go get your selfs some headaches.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
2015 - try find data for 2016 -2017 - and then do your own projection - and tell me when you think KCB will overtake GTBANK and ACCESS BANK AND FIRST BANK - at their 25% growth rate - my MONEY is on this year 2018 - for Access Bank - and 2019 for both GT and First Bank. 2021 for Zenith BANK. Disagree?
obaaderemi:
Sauce and salt,your Majesty
https://naibuzz.com/biggest-best-banks-in-kenya/ You need to build your banks. You've got the potential with all the whites and Asians among you. Plus your tourism and your phantom exports.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
We are not in Nigeria - not yet - we are coming - we are in Congo now.

our army will gladly punch una kenyan heads in....come...!!!! angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
I don't see any hope - unless the nigeria gov first focussed on collecting taxes - at mere $36B dollars Istate+federal budget) - there is very little a gov can do - to gather for 200M - even a well meaning one.

Now kenya budget including counties is nearly $32B against Nigeria $36B. That is why some guy here is happy with 25M syringe factory in his state grin grin

rvp2017 I cannot see you do not know much about Nigeria. How can you tell the government to collect taxes when there is nothing in the country to tax. Are you now going to collect tax from the 85 million people in extreme poverty or from the 140 million in poverty. If you go to a refugee camp and see the people are dying of hunger can you now tell them to pay taxes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
rvp2017:
2015 - try find data for 2016 -2017 - and then do your own projection - and tell me when you think KCB will overtake GTBANK and ACCESS BANK AND FIRST BANK - at their 25% growth rate - my MONEY is on this year 2018 - for Access Bank - and 2019 for both GT and First Bank. 2021 for Zenith BANK. Disagree?
Your money then is not the smart money, Odhiambo. KCB is growing at 5%. It will forever remain small unless you grow your economy and stop lying about your phantom exports and GDP. Please, send the latest data on KCB. Let's compare notes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

rvp2017 I cannot see you do not know much about Nigeria. How can you tell the government to collect taxes when there is nothing in the country to tax. Are you now going to collect tax from the 85 million people in extreme poverty or from the 140 million in poverty. If you go to a refugee camp and see the people are dying of hunger can you now tell them to pay taxes.

dont mind am...i dont understand why kenyans think like this.... undecided

its like they are desperate that nigeria lead the black race.. undecided

kingsango,come and watch.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.