Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6135574 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2016
989900D:
Too many distortions in one thread.

You can probably argue Kenya edges in Nigeria in a large number of aspects, but cities like Lagos and Abuja (most especially Lagos), completely murders Kenya, on a general level.

To simplify, Lagos' GDP at $130B is twice that of Kenya, while it'S GDP per capita (PPP), is thrice that of Kenya, and that margin is set to get even wider in some couple of years.

No hate towards Kenya, but it is what it is. I've been there (Nairobi), I have very good friends from there, both those we met from different parts of the world and those we met in Kenya (especially my very dear special Meru friend -- she is amazing).

Actually, my outfit should start operation in both Nairobi and Mombasa in few months . . . looking forward to it.

Another ignorant braggart.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 989900D: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Another ignorant braggart.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2016
989900D:

Nigeria GDP-521B US dollars
Kenya GDP-55B US dollars

Nigeria Population- 180m
Kenya Population- 45m

Poverty rates
Nigeria- Poverty has risen in Nigeria, with almost 100 million people living on less than a $1 (£0.63) a day, despite economic growth, statistics have shown. The National Bureau of Statistics said 60.9% of Nigerians in 2010 were living in "absolute poverty" - this figure had risen from 54.7% in 2004 to almost 70% in 2015.

Kenya- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) 42% of Kenyans live below the poverty, Kenya is a country of many contrasts, from its landscape to demographics, and more so its social and economic inequalities. Forty two percent of its population of 44 million, live below the poverty line.

Road Network

Nigeria- Total area 923,768 km2
Total: 194,394 km
paved: 60,068 km (including 1,194 km of expressways)
unpaved: 134,326 km
note: Some paved roads have lost their asphalt surface and are in very poor condition or have reverted to being gravel roads. Some of the road system is barely usable, especially in high rainfall areas of the south.

Kenya-Total area 582,650 sq km
Total:160,886 kilometres of roads.
Paved:13,900 kilometres of this are paved.

The genesis is that despite Nigeria being among the few African countries with the biggest oil and natural resources it has failed to use its revenues to benefit its people.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2016
We both now this is not true, I could visit your slums and dump their picture here you know. Only certain areas are well organized in your cities and you know it!

NairobiWalker:

Kenya having 3 major cities to Nigeria doesn't place Nigeria ahead of Kenya considering you guys have four times our population. Again, Our 3 cities are better organized and planned than your 10 cities.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Still conveniently leaving out the fact that most counties struggle to maintain the so called well paved roads.

Guy you are so ignorant, it is easy for us to admit Naija is pretty bad but you can never convince anyone Naija is better than Kenya.

The Nigerians in Kenya are only there because they do not have access to 24 hour electricity, every other thing, there is simply no competition.

If they could afford 24 hours electricity like some people in Naija do, they would not even bother with Kenya.

Like I said, all Kenya can boast of is sexy women and 24 hours electricity.

Kenyanstar:

Kenya GDP-55B US dollars

Nigeria Population- 180m
Kenya Population- 45m

Poverty rates
Nigeria- Poverty has risen in Nigeria, with almost 100 million people living on less than a $1 (£0.63) a day, despite economic growth, statistics have shown. The National Bureau of Statistics said 60.9% of Nigerians in 2010 were living in "absolute poverty" - this figure had risen from 54.7% in 2004 to almost 70% in 2015.

Kenya- Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) 42% of Kenyans live below the poverty, Kenya is a country of many contrasts, from its landscape to demographics, and more so its social and economic inequalities. Forty two percent of its population of 44 million, live below the poverty line.

Road Network

note: Some paved roads have lost their asphalt surface and are in very poor condition or have reverted to being gravel roads. Some of the road system is barely usable, especially in high rainfall areas of the south.

The genesis is that despite Nigeria being among the few African countries with the biggest oil and natural resources it has failed to use its revenues to benefit its people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
We both now this is not true, I could visit your slums and dump their picture here you know. Only certain areas are well organized in your cities and you know it!

There is a level of disorganization in every third world city but the level of disorganization in Nigerian cities is far worse than that in Kenyan cities. For instance you have to be out of your mind to rubbish the gap between the organization of Nakuru and that of Ibadan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
Still conveniently leaving out the fact that most counties struggle to maintain the so called well paved roads.

Guy you are so ignorant, it is easy for us to admit Naija is pretty bad but you can never convince anyone Naija is better than Kenya.

The Nigerians in Kenya are only there because they do not have access to 24 hour electricity, every other thing, there is simply no competition.

If they could afford 24 hours electricity like some people in Naija do, they would not even bother with Kenya.

Like I said, all Kenya can boast of is sexy women and 24 hours electricity.

..........and what can Nigeria boast of that Kenya doesn't have?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2016
You know what, you visit Ibadan first, then come here to make noise.

The brown roofs are a brand peculiar to Ibadan. While the slums there are due to bad roads and horrible drainage, the houses are built with concrete.

Slum housing in Kenya is built with iron roof sheet and you know it.

And do not ever disrespect the city that birthed modern Africa by comparing it to Nakuru.

Honestly what tha f*** is Nakuru

NairobiWalker:

There is a level of disorganization in every third world city but the level of disorganization in Nigerian cities is far worse than that in Kenyan cities. For instance you have to be out of your mind to rubbish the gap between the organization of Nakuru and that of Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2016
oh we can booast alright, but what would be the point exactly??

1. Nigerians are more civilized and are the most Africanized people on the continent, your people wish to be white, you hate your own and embrace foreign culture. You leaders are more blood thirsty also, with all the ethnocentricism your politics is full of, all positions go to either Kikuyus or Kalenjins and you want to come here and boast. Boast of what??

2. Most organizations are owned by citizens not foreigners
3. Most projects are executed by citizens not foreigners (explains the poor quality)

Nigeria as much stronger institutions than Kenya.

NairobiWalker:

..........and what can Nigeria boast of that Kenya doesn't have?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2016
So this argument is still on? The universal truth is;Naigeria is an Africa version of Haiti or even worse,they can deny it by shounting 'giant of Africa' slogan on the top of their lungs all they want but reality is a b1t©h and she bites hard,how can a country be blessed with oil and all sorts of mineral resources and still fail to get its people out of extreme poverty?

What does one get from celebrating very few millionaires while more than 150 million people go five months without food? Well I guess one has to be a naigerian to understand this stupid mentality

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 9:59am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Ibadan region that looks disorganized are legacy families house built by great-grand pa centuries back,as for Nakuru newly emerging yet in a ropy state

Ibadan zoological park

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2016
Agodi gardens, Ibadan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2016
Fun factory Ibadan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
You know what, you visit Ibadan first, then come here to make noise.

The brown roofs are a brand peculiar to Ibadan. While the slums there are due to bad roads and horrible drainage, the houses are built with concrete.

Slum housing in Kenya is built with iron roof sheet and you know it.

And do not ever disrespect the city that birthed modern Africa by comparing it to Nakuru.

Honestly what tha f*** is Nakuru

The fact that you can compare a slum in Kenya (which occupies less than 5% of urban land) to 'normal housing' in Ibadan that occupy over 70% of the city explains the situation in Kenyan and Nigerian cities. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 989900D: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Kenya GDP-55B US dollars

Nigeria Population- 180m
Kenya Population- 45m

Poverty rates

Road Network

The above is not far from the truth, and the emboldened more so. And like I rightly pointed earlier, if you have to generally compare Nigeria as a whole (taking into consideration some largely over-populated, but largely under-productive states in Nigeria doing the country more harm than good) vs Kenya, Kenya would probably edge it.

OTOH, like I pointed out earlier too, individual cities like Abuja and Lagos (Lagos with population less than half of Kenya, but GDP nominal of about $131b, GDP per capita PPP at conservatively $15,000) on a general level, will own Kenya (GDP nominal at averagely $60b, GDP per capita PPP @ roughly $3,500).

However, this is more or less a d!ck measuring contest (a lame and in-definitive one), 'cause if you are to measure using parameters such as education, international contributions, number of millionaires and billionaires between both countries, and e.t.c., Kenya does not even come close to Nigeria.

About poverty rate, I think that is more or less on the same level for both countries, mind you, Kibera is still the biggest slum in Africa, and one of the biggest in the world.

P.S. A very large population of African Bantu tribes (inclusive of the Kikuyus, Merus, Kambas, and e.t.c of Kenya) emigrated from what is now modern day Nigeria . . . I got nothing but love for y'all.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

The fact that you can compare a slum in Kenya (which occupies less than 5% of urban land) to 'normal housing' in Ibadan that occupy over 70% of the city explains the situation in Kenyan and Nigerian cities. I rest my case.
Biggest slums all sprawl in Kenya,go search google

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:

1. Nigerians are more civilized and are the most Africanized people on the continent, your people wish to be white, you hate your own and embrace foreign culture. You leaders are more blood thirsty also, with all the ethnocentricism your politics is full of, all positions go to either Kikuyus or Kalenjins and you want to come here and boast. Boast of what??

3. Most projects are executed by citizens not foreigners (explains the poor quality)

All your claims are subjective and ridiculous. Somebody said a few pages ago that everytime a Nigerian claims to be better than other Africans and is proved wrong, he claims everything in other African countries was built by a white man. That's just ridiculous.

..............and Nigerians are more civilized than other Africans? Lol, give me a break - the lords of which craft, corruption and most useless leaders on the continent? Here in Kenya we criticize Uhuru's government everyday but Uhuru's government looks like a flawless paradise in comparison to your Buharis. l ol. Civilized my foot.

A nigerian accusing any country of ethnocentric ism is like the proverbial ostrich that hides it's head in the sand when their is danger and convinces itself that the danger is non-existent.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2016
Henrydone:
Biggest slums all sprawl in Kenya,go search google

Go get a book wikipedia man.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2016
Henrydone:
Agodi gardens, Ibadan

I can get better photos in a small Kenyan town twenty times smaller than Ibadan. Dare me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Go get a book wikipedia man.
Eight Kenya cities ranked among 20 slum in Africa,and you are here making topsy-turvy claims that only gullible can comprehend

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2016
Henrydone:
Eight Kenya cities ranked among 20 slum in Africa,and you are here making topsy-turvy claims that only gullible can comprehend

I can also get worse photos of Nigerian slums than these. Dare me on that too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2016
Henrydone:
Those are not cities............Go Read a Book Mr. Wikipedia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:

You mean to say you have been sitting smugly for over a decade in Kenya with such wishy washy opinions. Repeating lies doesn't and won't make them true.
I suspect your life in Kenya is very hard, esp in dealing with ordinary everyday people?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Yes I know you can since you Kenyas are good in fabricating false propaganda.You don't even gat shame kenya three times smaller than Nigeria yet having two cities among worst 10 city in the world when Nigeria has non and eight among 20 in Africa when Nigeria only has two, I almost forgot to add the eighth one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 10:52am On Oct 24, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Those are not cities............Go Read a Book Mr. Wikipedia.
huyo mjamaa ni wale wageni wa kula bata excess wakiwa hapa, hawezi fikiria timam. anasema miaka kumi, sitamuamini.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
you are just a hater mehn

Like Kambas don't practice witch craft. what about that creepy bearded pastor whose church is in Kilimani?
Lemmie ask you, all the rubbish you posted here about Nigeria, are they from Kenyan news sources or from Nigerians themselves?
Who told you Nigerians don't criticize their govt

You lack any form of objectivity my friend.

NairobiWalker:

All your claims are subjective and ridiculous. Somebody said a few pages ago that everytime a Nigerian claims to be better than other Africans and is proved wrong, he claims everything in other African countries was built by a white man. That's just ridiculous.

..............and Nigerians are more civilized than other Africans? Lol, give me a break - the lords of which craft, corruption and most useless leaders on the continent? Here in Kenya we criticize Uhuru's government everyday but Uhuru's government looks like a flawless paradise in comparison to your Buharis. l ol. Civilized my foot.

A nigerian accusing any country of ethnocentric ism is like the proverbial ostrich that hides it's head in the sand when their is danger and convinces itself that the danger is non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
who or what on earth is Haiti?

Your breathe stinks for typing this crap!

Trust me Naija poverty is no where as worse as Kenyan poverty, seen it myself!

Worse comes to worse, a typical Nigerian will buy garri and drink.

Jayceon:
So this argument is still on? The universal truth is;Naigeria is an Africa version of Haiti or even worse,they can deny it by shounting 'giant of Africa' slogan on the top of their lungs all they want but reality is a b1t©h and she bites hard,how can a country be blessed with oil and all sorts of mineral resources and still fail to get its people out of extreme poverty?

What does one get from celebrating very few millionaires while more than 150 million people go five months without food? Well I guess one has to be a naigerian to understand this stupid mentality
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
we know, we just want you to admit that Kenya is not bette than Nigeria just like Naija is not better than Kenya.

end of story.

NairobiWalker:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
who or what on earth is Haiti?

Your breathe stinks for typing this crap!

Trust me Naija poverty is no where as worse as Kenyan poverty, seen it myself!

Worse comes to worse, a typical Nigerian will buy garri and drink.

or perhaps a slithering reptile..... you will never see a Kenyan do this when worst comes to worst :
https://www.nairaland.com/3273692/huge-python-friend-bought-epe
https://www.nairaland.com/3423827/see-huge-python-neighbour-roasting
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
you are just a hater mehn

Like Kambas don't practice witch craft. what about that creepy bearded pastor whose church is in Kilimani?
Lemmie ask you, all the rubbish you posted here about Nigeria, are they from Kenyan news sources or from Nigerians themselves?
Who told you Nigerians don't criticize their govt

You lack any form of objectivity my friend.

nigeria is the most backward 'country' on the planet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
naijalander:
we know, we just want you to admit that Kenya is not bette than Nigeria just like Naija is not better than Kenya.

end of story.

This thread was created to prove to you guys that Nigeria is not better than Kenya like you keep claiming. You're the one who should do the admitting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.