Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6144199 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
CALABAR

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MPSA(m): 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
jordinsparkles:
ok ok fine fine! You may be right. What I just don't understand is this; there's so much cyber war amongst African countries! Nigeria against South Africa, south Africa against zambia. Its absurd! I'm sick of it. And mind you stop kissing the ass is an insult.

grin grin, Here is ''Chest beaters place'' grin nothing personal, We are promoting our countries in directly, the strategy is to show the good side of the continent, here we don't promote physical attack, we promote friendship in our own way. don't take it other wise, 'My sister! we don't use the word ass, when I use a$$, it means ''a Dollar'' grin , the word ass is unacceptable grin, I don't use the word like that grin, have a good night my sister . grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olu317(m): 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
nyangau123:

so south africans own your mobile telecoms ,he he grin grin,,

cant compare that to kenyan owned safaricom the founder and pioneer of mobile money in the world
kenya population is a quarter of nigeria
last year they made $1.8 billion dollars in revenues, with $366 million dollars in profits after tax

compare it to something Nigerians actually own ,all those MTN profits going back to South Africa son.

bitter truth my ass,

we keep telling you dont let huge population delude you that you are something to the point of disrespect , out here the rest of the world can see right through your dumb egos.
What concerns me with your population? Look at what this uneducated pseudointelligent is referring? your best brains ranks amongst our semi skilled. Mention outstanding Kenyans Telecommunications company whose worth is 4billions$ .And you here online trying to short change history. If MTN is in Nigeria, does it not sink into your brain that, investors of Nigerian background will be amongst the shareholders? Even without MTN, Glo remained the most outstanding network in Africa with her fibre optic innovation. Population doesn't hinder your development but improper planning.Your days of poverty are numbered. A country without proper planning on food security via advance technologically know she is doomed. I see Kenyans toeing that line. No wonder, the winner of the just concluded Lagos Marathon said,she DESIRE to Marry a Nigerian... Can't stop laughing at your ignorance. You just want to make me puke!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2017
jordinsparkles:
true SA cities are beautiful, but truth to be told it's because there are whites in your country that is why people think y'all are sophisticated.
oh the by now tired excuse,what makes Kigali in Rwanda one of the most beautiful, neat and organized cities in Africa? White people? Emancipate your mental slavery
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2017
I've been to Kigali a couple of times and I stil don't get the hype. Totally overrated. Don't see what they have that Nigeria doesn't have.

LeSudAfricaine:
oh the by now tired excuse,what makes Kigali in Rwanda one of the most beautiful, neat and organized cities in Africa? White people? Emancipate your mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2017
What do you mean there are never blackouts, there are blackouts all over Eastlands common dude.

mkenya254:

That is outdated data. Here is fresh factual data.

60℅ of Kenyans have access to power. And btw there are never blackouts here. Maybe about a maximum of 5 blackouts a year that last maybe 30mins or less. In fact if you live in the major cities this is even less. The current regime has done a lot in relation to developing power access. In fact these days you can walk into a mud hut in some very remote villages and be shocked they have power

Kenya is connecting 1m people a year to the national grid. That has to be applauded.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/kenya-electricity-access-rate-now-at-a-historic-sixty-per-cent-/440808-3307998-p0whfa/index.html

Arguably the fastest connection rate in the region, we have since connected an additional 2.6 million households, raising our customer base from 2,261,064 in March, 2013 to 4,890,373 in June, 2016, representing a growth of 116 per cent. This has raised the country’s electricity access rate from 27 per cent three years ago to 60 per cent by the end of June this year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:
I've been to Kigali a couple of times and I stil don't get the hype. Totally overrated. Don't see what they have that Nigeria doesn't have.

just as long we praise you , and praise you only.so predictable

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:21am On Feb 23, 2017
who needs your praise. where are you from sef?

LeSudAfricaine:
just as long we praise you , and praise you only.so predictable
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:

Organization.

I think they were voted the cleanest African city.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:

1. Public participation in cleanliness or communal work by all healthy and able bodied citizens in the 15 - 65 age group. Foreigners welcome but not obligated to participate. Most do as i have. Its called Umuganda in rwandan language and is a major element of nation building and unity. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
2. Orderly and neat public transportation. Buses are pretty decent and affordable. No crazy price hikes. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
3. Low crime rates everywhere whether in Kigali or rural areas. One can leave or forget their laptop or valuables on hotel room or any public place and nada will happen to it. Even white collar crime / corruption are so low you will have to kick yourself or even body slam oneself that you're in Africa. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
4. Courteous behaviour from locals. The maxim do unto others applies very well here. If you're rude or disrespectful, you're given a dose of Rwandan hospitality as an antidote. If you persist in your obnoxious behaviour, well Murphy's law applies. Rwandan or foreigner, no difference. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
5. Deliberate political will in solving the country's problems big and small. Every week kagame has a public sit down with locals to solve local problems as well as field questions from citizens. Its broadcast by TV/Radio and newspapers. Real participation that demystifies and humanises the office of the President as well as make the people feel part of the nation. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
6. A functioning national airline. Run with the Industry's and managements best practices. Unlike our national airline that is full of corporate vultures. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.

Hell yes, there's alot of hype about Rwanda. Say what you want to about Kagame and his methods, but it takes a man whose as tough as nails to bring back a nation from utter destruction to what we have today. Show some respect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jordinsparkles(f): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
please don't push me to give u what you really deserve. I have no time to argue or insult any bugaboo.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Putinofrussia: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
obaaderemi:
You got my point.73% for kenya and 41% for nigeria.I think the problem is the major neglect of rural areas in Africa.A larger percentage of kenya is rural than urban.The report shows kenya is seriously affected.Meanwhile power supply has started improving across Nigeria though it remains a challenge.
The problem with Nigeria is the lumping together of all the states of the federation under an obvious unitary system kind of govt in which case every state goes cap in hand to take stipends from the central govt.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
MtuMsuper:

1. Public participation in cleanliness or communal work by all healthy and able bodied citizens in the 15 - 65 age group. Foreigners welcome but not obligated to participate. Most do as i have. Its called Umuganda in rwandan language and is a major element of nation building and unity. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
2. Orderly and neat public transportation. Buses are pretty decent and affordable. No crazy price hikes. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
3. Low crime rates everywhere whether in Kigali or rural areas. One can leave or forget their laptop or valuables on hotel room or any public place and nada will happen to it. Even white collar crime / corruption are so low you will have to kick yourself or even body slam oneself that you're in Africa. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
4. Courteous behaviour from locals. The maxim do unto others applies very well here. If you're rude or disrespectful, you're given a dose of Rwandan hospitality as an antidote. If you persist in your obnoxious behaviour, well Murphy's law applies. Rwandan or foreigner, no difference. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
5. Deliberate political will in solving the country's problems big and small. Every week kagame has a public sit down with locals to solve local problems as well as field questions from citizens. Its broadcast by TV/Radio and newspapers. Real participation that demystifies and humanises the office of the President as well as make the people feel part of the nation. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.
6. A functioning national airline. Run with the Industry's and managements best practices. Unlike our national airline that is full of corporate vultures. Puts me as a Kenyan to shame.

Hell yes, there's alot of hype about Rwanda. Say what you want to about Kagame and his methods, but it takes a man whose as tough as nails to bring back a nation from utter destruction to what we have today. Show some respect.
Well put.

It's the Africa we dream of.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
1. Monthly environmental sanitation in almost every state on the first Saturday during which movement is not allowed before 10 am (recently canceled in Lagos) and market sanitation every week on Thursday's

2. BRTs still alive and well. Again the population cannot be compared henceforth an hopeless point, I've seen bad roads in Kigali too so get over yourselves.

3. I think after a genocide and a country full of psychopaths, low crime rate is expected after all the president is a despot disguised as a democrat. So you are telling me every Tom, Dick and Harry agree with everything Kagame says. Grow up.

I'll give you the airline part but the new that's all they have outside of tourism and coffee. So not a relevantly point.

End of story

MtuMsuper:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Yes because cleanliness is all it take a to develop a country. And I have seen dirty place there too. Rwanda is all packaging and no freedom of expression. See how people there rarely smile. You criticize Kagame and his cronies once and see what happens to you.

Muafrika2:

Organization.

I think they were voted the cleanest African city.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:

Yes because cleanliness is all it take a to develop a country. And I have seen dirty place there too. Rwanda is all packaging and no freedom of expression. See how people there rarely smile. You criticize Kagame and his cronies once and see what happens to you.

Organization.

They are recovering from a genocide in which freedom of speech was used as an excuse to inflame tribal hatred. For now, it's a necessary evil. Who free speech epp? undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
grin grin I think ethnocentrism in their culture caused the genocide. So called Hutu and Tutsi actually have similar cultural practices and language. It was a class struggle that degenerated but into genocide, so sad. But still eventually they too will vex for Kagame. For now they have learned their lesson.

Muafrika2:

Organization.

They are recovering from a genocide in which freedom of speech was used as an excuse to inflame tribal hatred. For now, it's a necessary evil. Who free speech epp? undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:

grin grin I think ethnocentrism in their culture caused the genocide. So called Hutu ancestors Tutsi actually have similar cultural practices and language. It was a class struggle that degenerated but into genocide, so sad. But still eventually they too will vex for Kagame. For now they have learned their lesson.

I went to school with two Rwandese (Hutu) students who managed to escape the genocide. We'd be so excited to inform them that a new Rwandese had been admitted to the same school, not knowing they were not the same ethnically.

You could feel the distaste in their speech as they spoke about the Tustsi It's not class. It's ethnic - without the difference of a language. There is a lot of denial going on right now about that reality, hopefully not for long.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Wow am even surprised to know the sentiment so are still present. Maybe the next generation will be better, so so sad.

Muafrika2:

I went to school with two Rwandese (Hutu) students who managed to escape the genocide. We'd be so excited to inform them that a new Rwandese had been admitted to the same school, not knowing they were not the same ethnically.

You could feel the distaste in their speech as they spoke about the Tustsi It's not class. It's ethnic - without the difference of a language. There is a lot of denial going on right now about that reality, hopefully not for long.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
But how are they able to tell the differences if they speak the same language undecided

Muafrika2:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:
But how are they able to tell the differences if they speak the same language undecided

Tutsi are tall, thin boned(slender facial features) and mostly dark.

Hutus are of average height, more heavily built. Their facial features are not slim like Tutsis.

naijalander:
Wow am even surprised to know the sentiment so are still present. Maybe the next generation will be better, so so sad.

It was just a few years later.

But there are still a number of Rwandese here living away from home. Maybe they still don't feel safe enough.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:
1. Monthly environmental sanitation in almost every state on the first Saturday during which movement is not allowed before 10 am (recently canceled in Lagos) and market sanitation every week on Thursday's

2. BRTs still alive and well. Again the population cannot be compared henceforth an hopeless point, I've seen bad roads in Kigali too so get over yourselves.

3. I think after a genocide and a country full of psychopaths, low crime rate is expected after all the president is a despot disguised as a democrat. So you are telling me every Tom, Dick and Harry agree with everything Kagame says. Grow up.

I'll give you the airline part but the new that's all they have outside of tourism and coffee. So not a relevantly point.

End of story

You are the quintessential arrogant Nigerian. Incurable. Rwanda 2017 and post 1994 is a triumph of the human spirit. Good clean air. Nice people. And I must admit the strange horns of the traditional cows, long as elephant tusks(unimportant detail). The so called psychopaths you refer to have been pardoned by the community. The govt set up community courts( called Gacaca in Rwandan language) to pardon them. They can't be so dumb now can they to allow such a thing, especially considering the extent of crimes committed. Meanwhile i pray for the folks in southern Kaduna who are being slaughtered for no reason other than their ethnicity and faith. Eerily like Rwanda in 1994. All the signs are there for a bloody repeat.

True, not all of them Rwandan folks agree with Kagame, but i believe that he has engineered a miracle. Who or what is the alternative?
I forgot to add, Rwanda is an upcoming IT and information tech hub. Little "small " Rwanda.

What does a large population count for if you can't leverage it for good or glory?

Did you visit the genocide museum in Kigali? Did you do umuganda ? What did you teach yourself when you went there?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Muafrika2:

I went to school with a Rwandan tutsi who lost everyone in his immediate family and 2 Burundian hutus. The beef was real, I befriended them all, but i opted to be askance on the advice of my siblings and family. This was in the mid 90s.They were civil enough to keep it under control, but even after graduating, they were still exchanging cold looks. Africa

@Muafrika2 ,the tall/short thing is a general guide but isn't entirely accurate. These classes are more social than ethnic. Tutsi were horner migrants who lost their language and customs and adopted the Hutu's waaay back in the 5th century.
Also, there are many many many mixed people. Belonging is based on patrilineal lineage and occupation (non tutsi were not allowed to own cattle ). But nowadays many hutus do own cattle.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Still kinda messed up, I blame the Belgians.

Muafrika2:

Tutsi are tall, thin boned(slender facial features) and mostly dark.

Hutus are of average height, more heavily built. Their facial features are not slim like Tutsis.

It was just a few years later.

But there are still a number of Rwandese here living away from home. Maybe they still don't feel safe enough.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
I still think Kigali is overrated, you haven't said anything Kenya or Nigeria is not doing. It's all over hyping abeg

MtuMsuper:

You are the quintessential arrogant Nigerian. Incurable. Rwanda 2017 and post 1994 is a triumph of the human spirit. Good clean air. Nice people. And I must admit the strange horns of the traditional cows, long as elephant tusks(unimportant detail). The so called psychopaths you refer to have been pardoned by the community. The govt set up community courts( called Gacaca in Rwandan language) to pardon them. They can't be so dumb now can they to allow such a thing, especially considering the extent of crimes committed. Meanwhile i pray for the folks in southern Kaduna who are being slaughtered for no reason other than their ethnicity and faith. Eerily like Rwanda in 1994. All the signs are there for a bloody repeat.

True, not all of them Rwandan folks agree with Kagame, but i believe that he has engineered a miracle. Who or what is the alternative?
I forgot to add, Rwanda is an upcoming IT and information tech hub. Little "small " Rwanda.

What does a large population count for if you can't leverage it for good or glory?

Did you visit the genocide museum in Kigali? Did you do umuganda ? What did you teach yourself when you went there?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
naijalander:
I still think Kigali is overrated, you haven't said anything Kenya or Nigeria is not doing. It's all over hyping abeg

Overrated? Who's ratings? Yours? Definitely not mine. They don't have armed robbers there, what does that tell you? I personally met Rwandans who speak Swahili well, so that even if they couldn't speak English, and me French, we communcated well.

What did you learn while there? Did you visit the genocide museum? Did you do umuganda?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Naijalander was busy looking for weaknesses.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
jordinsparkles:
please don't push me to give u what you really deserve. I have no time to argue or insult any bugaboo.
of course you lots are allergic to the truth
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jordinsparkles(f): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
of course you lots are allergic to the truth
and you're not allergic to the truth? Spare me that crap infact get lost! You backward soul.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
jordinsparkles:
and you're not allergic to the truth? Spare me that crap infact get lost! You backward soul.
in typical Nairaland fashion, you have nothing better to say so you resort to insults. No wonder your country is such a zoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Do you people ↑↑↑↑↑↑ need a mediator? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.