Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6143459 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Sorry sir.
Nigeria has a budget of 6.06 Trillion naira and I don't know when we began to use dollars for budgeting. We budget on naira.
Its the mentality of this $ is that's affecting us all.
I know that, but i merely converted the budget of both countries into $. Mark you, Nigeria is twice as large and 4.5 times the population. How does that figure?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olabestonic001(m): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
MtuMsuper:

I know that, but i merely converted the budget of both countries into $. Mark you, Nigeria is twice as large and 4.5 times the population. How does that figure?

First, its criminally wrong to convert a country's budget to an equivalent of another currencies. To me that's one of the greatest undoings of Africans. You don't see American or Europeans converting theirs to Yen or WAUA.
Secondly, the more reason why Tonye goofed in exalting Kenya above Nigeria is because of the population, sizes and diversities of Nigeria.
You don't use the same fuel to a Payloader Machine and a Toyota Corolla car. Both are vehicles, though, but the old model of a Payloader bought even when its spoilt will still be costlier than a Toyota Corolla.
So, even a dead Nigeria is still more valuable than a Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by koniyah: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
MtuMsuper:

unapigia guitar mbuzi?? .

unapoteza wakati ,wacha mafala wajibambe,usisumbuke.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
koniyah:

unapigia guitar mbuzi?? .

unapoteza wakati ,wacha mafala wajibambe,usisumbuke.
noma sana, mi nimekua nikiwacheki tu, nilikua nataka kunyamazisha watu lakini wengi naona ni kichwa bure

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Cjrane2: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
Kenya or even Tanzania may even better than Nigeria.
But that is because Nigeria is a geographic expression at war within.
Many Nigerians wish death and misfortune on people in the opposite side of the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
Olabestonic001:

First, its criminally wrong to convert a country's budget to an equivalent of another currencies. To me that's one of the greatest undoings of Africans. You don't see American or Europeans converting theirs to Yen or WAUA.
Secondly, the more reason why Tonye goofed in exalting Kenya above Nigeria is because of the population, sizes and diversities of Nigeria.
You don't use the same fuel to a Payloader Machine and a Toyota Corolla car. Both are vehicles, though, but the old model of a Payloader bought even when its spoilt will still be costlier than a Toyota Corolla.
So, even a dead Nigeria is still more valuable than a Kenya.
Crap!!! Go to a thread where your talents can be useful.
My friends above are saying you cannot be reasoned with, pretty much like playing the guitar to goats.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
NairobiWalker:

..........and I'm telling you you've earned nothing. It is not angering me, I am simply asking you to stop being delusional and living in utopia. If you've never been outside Nigeria then you need to travel. Perhaps that would make you realize Nigeria hasn't earned any place and is not the greatest country on the continent so far.

PS..............Nigeria never contributed $10 billion to SA to stop apartheid, lol. $10 billion is 50% of your national budget in 2016. You are so delusional.
to liberia not s.africa.I suspected ur poor eyesight.what,s $10bn to nigeria when a whopping$12BN was missing from our 1991 gulf war oil windfall alone.nigeria is not ur puny dry kenya.lagos economy alone is neck to neck with kenya's.$61m to anc to fight apartheid which was the highest any country contributed according to s.a inst of int. affairs.where,s kenya in all of this?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
obaaderemi:
to liberia not s.africa.I suspected ur poor eyesight.what,s $10bn to nigeria when a whopping$12BN was missing from our 1991 gulf war oil windfall alone.nigeria is not ur puny dry kenya.lagos economy alone is neck to neck with kenya's.$61m to anc to fight apartheid which was the highest any country contributed according to s.a inst of int. affairs.where,s kenya in all of this?
The size of a nation's economy matters little if the country is not developed.
China has a far larger economy than South Korea.
However South Korea is more DEVELOPED than China with South Korea being a First World Nation while China is a Second World One.
Even in Africa, Nigeria has a larger economy than South Africa, Mauritius, Seychelles and Kenya but compared to all three, Nigeria is underdeveloped.
The Human Development Index is a better indicator of how developed a nation is.Nigeria ranks below Kenya by far!!!

8 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
usbcable:

your title says "in all aspects" you listed only health and tourism.

As for the ICT, note that MOBILE MONEY is not a same as ICT. Nigeria is far ahead of Kenya in MOBILE BANKING as against MOBILE MONEY.

MOBILE MONEY thrives in kenya due to the absence of Commercial Banking infrastructure and integration of ePayment channels (MOBILE BANKING, ATM, POS, ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAYS). These however is in advanced stages in Nigeria..

Nigeria is ahead of Kenya as a technology hub

Errm.Did you just say ATMs?
Kenya got its first ATM in 1983 while Nigeria got its first ATM in the early 2000s!!!
POS have always been available due to the millions of Tourists who have been coming cashless since the 90s!!!It became a basic requirement by 1997 for all Supermarkets to have them!!! We all have paid via a card, whether it is a bank card or a prepaid card at supermarkets since the 90s.
This narrative that Mobile money thrived because of lack of commercial banking infrastructure is Crap!!! Kenya has always had a mature banking sector and Equity Bank had half of Kenya's retail market in terms of Bank accounts before the pioneer of M pesa in 2007.
How come Mobile Banking in Tanzania has backfired despite the country truly lacking any commercial banking infrastructure??

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
usbcable:

Bros,

Na you talk say "in all aspects".

And I refuted you claim on ICT. You misjudged mobile MONEY as ICT in which the other leg of mobile BANKING we are even better off than Kenya.

SECURITY
POWER
ECONOMY
INFRASTRUCTURE

you did not say anything on those so I wont respond MUCH.

As per security we have BH and they have al-shabaaab and BTW BH and even NDA are now under control unlike al-shabaab.

you are btter off at digging stats so help out with stats that show they are better off at POWER, ECONOMY and INFRASTRUCTURE.

P.S
check upstairs someone showed the per capita GDP of both countries and we still TRUMPED grin them
First of all Al Shabaab is a Somali,not a Kenyan group .
Boko Haram is a classic example of Nigerians slaughtering Nigerians.
Al Shabaab does not control even a single inch of Kenyan territory. It never has.They are based in Somalia. In fact, Kenya controls territory in Somalia previously controlled by Al Shabaab
Boko Haram operates within Nigeria and at some point in the past, wanted to create a Caliphate in Borno State.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
pazienza:
[b] Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) is a separatist organisation[1] based in the coastal city of Mombasa, Kenya.[2] The group claims areas around Mombasa and the coastal area. It has both Muslim and Christian supporters.[3]

History Edit

The Mombasa Republican Council was formed in 1999 to address perceived political and economic discrimination against the people of the coast province.[4] The group traces its secession claims to the 1895 and 1963 agreements transferring the ten-mile strip of land along the coast to the Government of Kenya from Zanzibar. Some critics characterize these British agreements as a form of bribery designed to facilitate colonization of the interior. The group contests these agreements as invalid, because they were enacted without the consent of coastal stakeholders, and says the state of Kenya has failed to honor the provisions designed to protect the coastal population.[5]

Secession claims Edit

The Mombasa Republican Council was dormant until 2008, when it first raised claims that Mombasa should secede from Kenya to become an independent state. They argued that secession would liberate the people of the coast province from marginalization by the successive governments in Kenya. The slogan they are using is Pwani Si Kenya ("The Coast is not Kenya"wink.[6] In response, the government declared the group to be an illegal organization, together with another 33 groups.[6]

Mombasa Republican Council contested the government's decision in the court. The high court of Mombasa lifted the ban and ruled that claiming the group was illegal was [/b]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mombasa_Republican_Council

Well, turned out the Kenya are terrorists too. Forcing unity on the coastal state of Mombasa.
First of all the Mombasa Republican Council is not and has never been declared a terrorist group .
Demanding Secession does not make you a terrorist. Plus, part of its leadership is Christian.
MRC was declared illegal and A CRIMINAL group(like a local criminal gang) but later the ban was lifted.
|Not a terrorist group.MRC is not linked to any terrorist activity(despite the Government claiming that they had commited the Lamu massacre which Al Shabaab later claimed credit)

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by koladebrainiac(m): 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
Tonye I respect u
it seems you don't follow this twitter war

Kenya always starts the war. they will come hard on us then when Nigeria from all sundry descend on them they always run. its not not Nigeria bullying them its them bullying other country. ask if Nigeria as ever engage in twitter war with South Africa? the only traditional friend we have is Ghana n we talk n beef each other. Kenyan will take on Nigeria Ghana south Africa Tanzania even go as low as fighting Zimbabwe. please its not us its them bro
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
pazienza:
Finally, Kenya is another Zoo, but it is a better managed Zoo.

If Mombasa people secedes, the entire Kenya becomes a landlocked country. Just like Eritrea did to Ethiopia.
As a person native to the city of Mombasa, I can assure you, with all the development projects being poured by the Central Government into Kenya's Coast, Calls for Secession have died out

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Tonye I respect u
it seems you don't follow this twitter war

Kenya always starts the war. they will come hard on us then when Nigeria from all sundry descend on them they always run. its not not Nigeria bullying them its them bullying other country. ask if Nigeria as ever engage in twitter war with South Africa? the only traditional friend we have is Ghana n we talk n beef each other. Kenyan will take on Nigeria Ghana south Africa Tanzania even go as low as fighting Zimbabwe. please its not us its them bro
Thanks
Really? We are the ones who start the war? Look at the sort of topics and comments u guys always make and create here about Kenya. You are always the ones u start the provocation.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
pazienza:
[b] Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) is a separatist organisation[1] based in the coastal city of Mombasa, Kenya.[2] The group claims areas around Mombasa and the coastal area. It has both Muslim and Christian supporters.[3]

History Edit

The Mombasa Republican Council was formed in 1999 to address perceived political and economic discrimination against the people of the coast province.[4] The group traces its secession claims to the 1895 and 1963 agreements transferring the ten-mile strip of land along the coast to the Government of Kenya from Zanzibar. Some critics characterize these British agreements as a form of bribery designed to facilitate colonization of the interior. The group contests these agreements as invalid, because they were enacted without the consent of coastal stakeholders, and says the state of Kenya has failed to honor the provisions designed to protect the coastal population.[5]

Secession claims Edit

The Mombasa Republican Council was dormant until 2008, when it first raised claims that Mombasa should secede from Kenya to become an independent state. They argued that secession would liberate the people of the coast province from marginalization by the successive governments in Kenya. The slogan they are using is Pwani Si Kenya ("The Coast is not Kenya"wink.[6] In response, the government declared the group to be an illegal organization, together with another 33 groups.[6]

Mombasa Republican Council contested the government's decision in the court. The high court of Mombasa lifted the ban and ruled that claiming the group was illegal was [/b]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mombasa_Republican_Council

Well, turned out the Kenya are terrorists too. Forcing unity on the coastal state of Mombasa.

MRC is child play in comparison to the elements agitating for secession in Biafra, the Militants fighting to create a caliphate in the North of Nigeria and that other group that seems to have been inspired by the comic-book characters, the Niger Delta Avengers!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ksslib(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
I will like to use this opportunity to give a shout-out and special thanks to the few who took their time to school and intellectually panel-beat the skull of the ignorant buffoon responsible for this disgrace of a thread he and his fellow ignorant buffoons tried to camoflouge as objectivity.

What da ffuck! #spits in disgust

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
usbcable:

if the argument is around we shouldnt be talking of Kenya but far more uplooking countries I wont argue that then.

we are quite truely under performing but that still does not mean that Kenya is better off "in all aspects". At least to the best of my internet ability I have shown 3 points we are far better than them.

as per petro-dollar, You cant discountenance it. simply because it is part of it. why would we remove it since its our source of revenue.

Kenya last I checked is not as diversified too.
they also lack basic amenities too.
as per our currency we all now where our problem is coming from-over dependence on imported stuffs. this hopefully will change someday
Which basic amenities pray tell
Let us give a Comparison.
60% of the people in the City of Nairobi have access to piped water. 40% have access to water 24/7.
What I know about Lagos is that most people rely on well water, especially in the wealthy areas. According to the Guardian, 90% of Lagos does not have access to safe water
http://guardian.ng/features/the-lagos-water-challenge-take-my-water-take-my-life/
Smaller cities like Nyeri have 100% access and 100%access to water 24/7(but then Nyeri is next to Mount Kenya whose melting snow gives birth to many rivers)
If Lagos, Nigeria's commercial capital is like that ,how are the cities in the North like Kano
Let us go to Security.
Nigeria is ranked 6th after South Africa in the Crime index while Kenya is ranked number 13.
Kenya thus has much lower crime than Nigeria.
http://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp
Kenya HAS a diversified economy. No sector accounts for more than a quarter of GDP. And Kenya relies on multiple sources of income. Nigeria's currency crisis showed us how much your country depends on oil. Kenya has never had a currency crisis where there is a shortage of dollars, as in ever!!!
Let us go to Power Generation ,Transmission and Distribution.
If there is an area that Kenya out performs Nigeria BY FAAAAAR, it is when it comes to Energy.
Production.
Kenya produces 2341 MW while Nigeria produces 4000 MW.In essence, Kenya produces more than half of Nigeria's power production while having less than a quarter of Nigeria's population.
Nigeria's power production fluctuates widely, reaching a low of 2000 MW in May 2015. Kenya's power production is largely stable as Geothermal power,now our largest source of power does not fluctuate. Hydro power in Kenya is stabilized by thermal power plants at the coast whose power output rises during the dry season.
And we have not had our power producers striking since the 90s(If it ever happened at all).
Transmission.
I remember reading about a Nigerian pastor claiming that Nigeria's power lines are possesed by demons.SMH.
Distribution.
50% of Nigerians have access to electricity as compared to 55% of Kenyans as of 2016.(Kenya's electricity access rose from 27% in 2012 to 55% this year in one of the largest electrification programs in Africa) A similar ratio.However, the quality of power in Kenya is by faaaar superior
Nigeria has a permanent power rationing program that I can only compare with Kenya's own rationing program waaay back in 2001. Kenya only had 6.4 power interruptions PER 1000 customers this year!!!
The only power blackouts I have had ,we were warned beforehand that maintainance was taking place(And the time is fixed. 9 a.m to 5 p.m, twice or thrice a year) and on the day a monkey in Hell's Gate National Park sabotaged a Generator and accidentally plunged much of eastern and Southern Kenya into darkness
http://www.kplc.co.ke/
As Nigeria's power blackouts have increased, so have the tariffs(ironically).In 2011, Nigerians paid $0.18 per kWh on average. while Kenyans paid $0.20 per kWh
https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/average-electricity-prices-kwh.html
In 2015, Nigeria raised its tariffs by 45%
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/how-45-electricity-tariff-hike-will-affect-you/
Meanwhile, in 2015,Kenya's tariffs fell to $0.13 per kWh
http://www.kplc.co.ke/.
So in essence Nigerian power is expensive and unreliable while Kenya's power is cheap and reliable.
Ask any Nigerian in Kenya how many residential houses have generators, very few.
Kenya's power production is expected to reach 6500 MW by 2018-2019(Initially the target was 2016, but we now have excess power which we are exporting to Rwanda so the plan was extended by 2 years. We added 340 MW last year and will add a further 609 MW this year as the 300 MW Lake Turkana Wind Power and additional 300 +MW Geothermal power is added)
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000091897/kenya-unveils-ambitious-electricity-production-plan
Infrastructure.
Abuja and Lagos have MUCH better infrastructure than Nairobi.
Yes,I said it.
The difference is maintenance.
The roads of Lagos in the CBD are quite good. Go to the estates undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided......
In Nairobi, all Middle class and Upper class estates have tarmac right to the doorstep.
Lagos and by extension Nigeria's upper class estates are carbopaved by the residents(Unlike Nairobi whose roads are constructed and repaired by the county government)
while Nigeria's middle class estates either have roads last repaired in the colonial era or dirt roads.
Now outside of the cities is where Kenya, despite some areas having poor roads, outstrips Nigeria by faaaaaaaaaaar!!!
We are currently tarmacking 10,000 km of roads to be completed by next year.
As for rail, Currently Nigeria's rail outstrips our colonial era metre gauge rail.
That is until our Standard Gauge railway (Currently 80% complete) is compete by June 2017. Yous should see the pics of the progress. FA-BU-LOUS!! The Chinese have done a superior job!!!

As for Airports. JKIA is a far superior Airport to Murtala Mohammed, which looks like it was built by US steel in 1890.

11 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nivlark254: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
Yule mjamaa alisema unapigia mbuzi guitar ako sawa hawa majamaa ni madimwit kuruka navile nlikua naskia ati wamesoma.ile kenya wanajua ni wakale wa kukimbia na parks za wanyama nothing more ata uwaambie aje

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ritababe(f): 12:12am On Sep 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Neat, factual and constructive criticism. You are among the few on this thread that make sense

I tell you, that guy deserve a kiss grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2016
obaaderemi:

How about you bring us some evidence for your ridiculous assertions instead of insulting people for no reason?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ThunderingHooves: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2016
NairobiWalker:

How about you bring us some evidence for your ridiculous assertions instead of insulting people for no reason?
Some pipo na. check this out :
best countries to experience life abroad.
https://www.indy100.com/article/the-best-countries-in-the-world-to-experience-life-abroad-7333006

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by walemoney007(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2016
NairobiWalker:

leave that idiot,he is just typing trash

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by walemoney007(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2016
I have spent more than 10years in Nigeria without travelling out of the country,I have never seen or experience 24/7 power supply in Nigeria...Nigeria where people from the north will kill southerners living in the north because they are christians.

Nigeria is a hell hole

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shotin(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2016
walemoney007:
I have spent more than 10years in Nigeria without travelling out of the country,I have never seen or experience 24/7 power supply in Nigeria...Nigeria where people from the north will kill southerners living in the north because they are christians.

Nigeria is a hell hole
. Then why don't u go back to ur sh*t hole country, if nigeria is a hell hole.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by walemoney007(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
shotin:
. Then why don't u go back to ur sh*t hole country, if nigeria is a hell hole.....
look at this mumu,am a Niigerian from ikorodu in Lagos state.

Nigeria is a hell hole
You can go and hang yourself if you don't like that

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shotin(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
walemoney007:
look at this mumu,am a Niigerian from ikorodu in Lagos state.

Nigeria is a hell hole
You can go and hang yourself if you don't like that
. Fuvk off, maggot

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by walemoney007(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
shotin:
. Fuvk off, maggot
your father at home is a maggot you dirty son of a b!tch
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by smoriacy: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
sam999 hapa kwa wasee wa JF .....am suprised by the ignorance nigerians have here so i will post a few things .....logged in for the first time since 2013 ..... so am trying to figure out venye hzi stakabadhi zao za fanya works !!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by smoriacy: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
here is the list of africas richest people

mind you Nigeria has a 500+ bn$ GDP
while kenya is just a mere 70bn$ THIS BEGS THE QUESTION HOW POOR ARE NIGERIANS

KENYA HAS 40mn people

Nigeria has 182mn people

and kenya solely depends on Agricultural activities and tourism!!

No minerals No oil

we have just discovered what will happen when we start exporting oil an Gas now?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by smoriacy: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nigeria has nearly 31bn barrels of oil selling 1.4mn barrels a day making nearly 60bn$ -90bn$ a year in revenue a year from oil yet Nigerias entire parliamentary fiscal budget is 22bn$ with a 15bn$ deficit!!!

you just cant make this stuff up ....kenya has no oil last year our fiscal budget was 23bn$

But we have just discovered oil with equal amounts to Angolas

10 Billion Barrels of Oil Discovered in Kenya’s Cradle of Mankind
By Charles Kennedy - Mar 16, 2013, 2:33 PM CDT
The Cradle of Mankind is a Great Rift valley that runs through Kenya, created by separating tectonic plates, and so named due to the million-year old human remains that have been discovered there. They are not the only things that have been discovered there; oil drillers claim that preliminary tests suggest a string of fields in the area that could transform the country into a major oil producer.
Last year Tullow Oil Plc., of the UK, and Africa Oil Corp., of Canada, discovered crude oil at two exploratory wells, and now plant to drill a further 11 during 2013. Tullow estimates that the valley could hold 10 billion barrels of oil, enough to supply Kenya for 300 years.
Africa’s oil industry has focussed on the West, with Nigeria producing the majority of the continents oil, and East Africa has remained overlooked. Afren Plc. Stated that of the more than 30,000 wells drilled in Africa, less than 500 have been in East Africa.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by smoriacy: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
kenya is Among the worlds largest sole contributors to the UN

wea is the giant of africa?

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by smoriacy: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
kenyan forces marched into somalia to fight alshabaab as it had become a menace for the region and we have fought we took their HQ within a year and we are not perfect Alshabaab too have hit us bad but when you compare stats its baffling how nigeria is handling their situation

Alshabaab Controls Somalia = 607,900km2

Kenya is 580,890km2

Nigeria is 900,000km2

but somehow KDF has controlled alshabaab and they have only managed to kill 800 kenyans since 2010

BH on the otherhand controls a small portion of nothern nigeria less than 31,000km2

but it has managed to kill 12,000 nigerians

and the funny thing its never on the news if Alshabaab killed 1 person today in kenya it will be Breaking News on CNN BBC Aljazeera france 24 but BH kills nigerians on a daily basis and we never here it at all....is nigeria that in accessible?? even by the media??

KENYA DEFENCE FORCES SOMALIA

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.