Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6142459 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 10:02am On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Why are you telling lies?

According to 2010 estimates Ghana was 71% christian and only 17% muslim. How close is that margin compared to Nigeria's 50/50 or even muslim domination?
Stop exaggerating. Ghana's religious margin cannot close anytime soon, not even in the next 50 years.

Northern Nigeria is probably 10 times the size of northern Ghana, it is developed only in your eyes.
Fewer areas of northern Nigeria are developed compared to it's large size.
The monthly oil money allocation from Abuja is also used in developing the state capitals of all northern states. Nothing else.

Thats interesting. It looks like Ghana is one of the only places in the world where the irreligious population is decreasing.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 10:04am On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

U mean in academics?
I mean in a hypothetical scenario if Africa was to be conquered by three countries, which 3 would have the best chance? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 10:06am On May 25, 2017
ArtanK:

Just tell the truth.. I saw lions going to the supermarket and rhinos at the salons when I was in Kenya. You guys have civilised the wildlife ; :DD
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:07am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

IDK the size helps and its number one for sending peace keeping forces but corruption has eatened it up. I think there is still some potential but a lot of decay, though I have respect for a lot of the soldiers.
I thought Ethiopia has the largest peacekeeping force in Africa.

Do you know that Nigeria military budget is &2.4 billion while Ethiopia is $340 million, but Ethiopia is stronger. Like you said, it must be heavy corruption.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:08am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

I guess Ethiopia, Egypt and Algeria.
Lol why rule out southafrica in place of Ethiopia? Also I know Bokoharam has made Nigeria look weak, but trust me BokoHaram is also political, they are no match for the Nigerian Army. Nigeria lacks considerably in number of Airfighters though but stopping Nigeria in the west would be quiet tough with the population advantage and ability to easily recruit man power, and Nigerian army at a time paraded the best foot soldiers in Africa, (though that's outdated now).Whoever takes on Nigeria first would be terribly weakened even if they win. The countries around Nigeria would suffer the most except Ghana and lvorycoast who may both likely link up with Nigeria. So my first three would be Egypt, Southafrica, Algeria. Outsiders Ethiopia and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:09am On May 25, 2017
ArtanK:

Just tell the truth.. I saw lions going to the supermarket and rhinos at the salons when I was in Kenya. You guys have civilised the wildlife grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 10:17am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

I thought Ethiopia has the largest peacekeeping force in Africa.

Do you know that Nigeria military budget is &2.4 billion while Ethiopia is $3.4 million, but Ethiopia is stronger. Like you said, it must be heavy corruption.
You are correct, my apologies ! Just thought we were the first since we seem to be in a lot of missions.
Yes, it's very interesting. Would you consider Eritrea a decent military power with how heavily militarized it is,

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iJhoe(m): 10:20am On May 25, 2017
OP is at will 70% right tho* the remaining percentages own to the facts that we contribute to the overall good of Africa as a whole in a good number of reasons. well, based on ur aforesaid write up. the leaders own the blame and we Nigerian won't for that reasons hide under warped failures of these inept leaders. ordinary citizens can't create Nigeria airways, boost tourism and destinations, provides roads and infrastructure, effective power supply and lots more. if our leaders failed us in all these that psychologically doesn't make us admit we are over all failures of what some select few failed in their role responsibilities. however Nigerians are critical and will never succumb misrepresentation of what they are personally and emotionally to shades the collective interest of all. so, no Nigerian will wait to hear the banter and backslapping just to defend their esteem and their country not only from african but from the world at large. that's to me is patriotic

what's best is best for us and should be well deserved no matter what. we dunno wanna hear how others denigrate us and our existence. we are hardworkers that resist disesteemity and with that we are a lot better than them all and that's the uniqueness of Nigerians all over the world
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:24am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You use hit men! The state is not involved in any way
grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:26am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

That has to do with noise pollution from generators.
ya wicked grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 10:26am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol why rule out southafrica in place of Ethiopia? Also I know Bokoharam has made Nigeria look weak, but trust me BokoHaram is also political, they are no match for the Nigerian Army. Nigeria lacks considerably in numbers of Airfighters though but stopping Nigeria in the west would be quiet tough with the population advantage and ability to easily recruit man power, and Nigerian army at a time paraded the best foot soldiers in Africa, (though that's outdated now).Whoever takes on Nigeria first would be terribly weakened even if they win. The countries around Nigeria would suffer the most except Ghana and lvorycoast who may both likely link up with my NigerNigeria. So my first three would be Egypt, Southafrica, Algeria. Outsiders Ethiopia and Nigeria.
I'm tempted to put Nigeria or Ethiopia solely based on how easy conscription will be.
Unfortunately, three countries trying to conqueror the African Continent would need to be economically independent and strong...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2017
Shaytun:

And we trump you in all those indexes he listed.

Srsly,must we go there again?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:32am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I swear you almost beat me with that one then I recalled cheesy
You are arguing from the sleeping state grin
grin grin or it could be an hibernation ...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:35am On May 25, 2017
kikuyu1:

His name is pronounced shetani (shaytun) ..so be careful grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:35am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I'm tempted to put Nigeria or Ethiopia solely based on how easy conscription will be.
Unfortunately, three countries trying to conqueror the African Continent would need to be economically independent and strong...
Yah Nigeria still has the largest economy in Africa though, but with the recession now and internal troubles it is quite tough. Maybe if the question was asked in 2015, would have put Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:44am On May 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Mumuni, you just added a grammar to your library and decided to use but wrongly.

You can see, your boys had been tamed and are now submissive to their master fact. grin

If you make too much noise I will revisit many of your atrocious, malicious and provocative post, I have overlooked for peace. Be warned old man. grin
Forgive him.He is actually a good boy who got tainted by bad company.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol why rule out southafrica in place of Ethiopia? Also I know Bokoharam has made Nigeria look weak, but trust me BokoHaram is also political, they are no match for the Nigerian Army. Nigeria lacks considerably in numbers of Airfighters though but stopping Nigeria in the west would be quiet tough with the population advantage and ability to easily recruit man power, and Nigerian army at a time paraded the best foot soldiers in Africa, (though that's outdated now).Whoever takes on Nigeria first would be terribly weakened even if they win. The countries around Nigeria would suffer the most except Ghana and lvorycoast who may both likely link up with Nigeria. So my first three would be Egypt, Southafrica, Algeria. Outsiders Ethiopia and Nigeria.
wenedem(bro), it's a subjective answer, but it's very hard to exclude Ethiopia. Ethiopia has a great war experience, are very discipline and efficient. If they are the 3rd powerful military in Africa with only $3.4 million, imagine how powerful we will be when we reach middle income level in the 2020s. Ethiopia soldiers were and are considered the best foot soldiers in Africa and one of the best in the world.

Nigeria is still a great power, but heavy corruption undecided

Sorry but South Africa don't deserve top 3. For me it's again Ethiopia, Egypt and Algeria. But it's a subjective situation.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Southern Nigeria is 50% of Nigeria.

Are Kiambu & Nakuru 50% of Kenya?

I could rank Kenyan counties from the wealthiest to the poorest then cut at 50% population and the result would be the same.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2017
ArtanK:

Please God, don't forbid that grin

PissedYagami what is your problem with Somalis? Don't act like other Kenyan tribes don't have a superiority complex. In Africa, everyone is proud of their tribe and are full of themselves. Why single out Somalis?

Nothing personal.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 11:00am On May 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
Forgive him.He is actually a good boy who got tainted by bad company.

I see. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:00am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

wenedem(bro), it's a subjective answer, but it's very hard to exclude Ethiopia. Ethiopia has a great war experience, are very discipline and efficient. If they are the 3rd powerful military in Africa with only $3.4 million, imagine how powerful we will be when we reach middle income level in the 2020s. Ethiopia soldiers were and are considered the best foot soldiers in Africa and one of the best in the world.

Sorry but South Africa don't deserve top 3. For me it's again Ethiopia, Egypt and Algeria. But it's a subjective situation.
Why doesn't South Africa cut it? The countries need to be economically viable and independent as well. I think it would be good to have African nations from all regions to effectively attack. South Africa is also the country that's more likely to recieve help from foreign powers.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:00am On May 25, 2017
kikuyu1:

Go where?
Dont tell me you seriously believe you beat us in any of those aspects. sad
kikuyu1:

Go where?
Dont tell me you seriously believe you beat us in any of those aspects.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:02am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

Got this from a resourceful site
Most powerful Military in Africa

1. Egypt (PwrIndx 0.6122)
2. Algeria(PwrIndx 1.1698)
3. Ethiopia (PwrIndx 1.3229)
4. South Africa (PwrIndx 1.3467)
5. Nigeria (PwrIndx1.5261)
6. Kenya (PwrIndx 1.7689)
7. Morocco (PwrIndx1.8499)
8. Tunisia(PwrIndx1.8635)
9. Angola (PwrIndx 2.2599)
10. Libya(PwrIndx 2.3353)

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:04am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

You are correct, my apologies ! Just thought we were the first since we seem to be in a lot of missions.
Yes, it's very interesting. Would you consider Eritrea a decent military power with how heavily militarized it is,
No insult to them, but they garbage in every department which also includes their military. They can compete with smaller nations, but don't have the technology and manpower to compete with Africa big boys. Yes, they have the largest military personnels, but compare to general population, they have less men.

During the Ethio-Eritrea war(1998-2000), we and them constricted trenches at the front line as a means of defense, but during some point of the war, we used it for other purposes also. Guess what? We buried them in their trenches. cool

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:08am On May 25, 2017
mtis:

Got this from a resourceful site
Most powerful Military in Africa

1. Egypt (PwrIndx 0.6122)
2. Algeria(PwrIndx 1.1698)
3. Ethiopia (PwrIndx 1.3229)
4. South Africa (PwrIndx 1.3467)
5. Nigeria (PwrIndx1.5261)
6. Kenya (PwrIndx 1.7689)
7. Morocco (PwrIndx1.8499)
8. Tunisia(PwrIndx1.8635)
9. Angola (PwrIndx 2.2599)
10. Libya(PwrIndx 2.3353)
Got something similar just a few countries switched though this one forgot Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 11:11am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

Ethiopian soilders are generally better than Nigeria but not the best foot soilders in Africa. Nigeria ranked 4th in Africa has the best foot soilders. Economy and conscription also come in handy with such wars, Nigeria, southafrica and Egypt are rich enough to buy more sophisticated weapons.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 11:11am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=Nowenuse post=56857681]

Why are you telling lies?

According to 2010 estimates Ghana was 71% christian and only 17% muslim. How close is that margin compared to Nigeria's 50/50 or even muslim domination?
Stop exaggerating. Ghana's religious margin cannot close anytime soon, not even in the next 50 years.

Northern Nigeria is probably 10 times the size of northern Ghana, it is developed only in your eyes.
Fewer areas of northern Nigeria are developed compared to it's large size.
The monthly oil money allocation from Abuja is also used in developing the state capitals of all northern states. Nothing else.[/quotewhy should i lie. ghana statistical population put the report of the muslim to be around 30 percent while christanity to be around 60 percent. You can read more about the contoversy report here.http://www.newsfromafrica.org/newsfromafrica/articles/art_7902.html. This is what wikipedia says about the gap diffrence .https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Islam_in_Ghana&action=edit&section=1. Pls try to get evidence before you conclude . The wikipedia you report is not accepted by the muslim community in ghana. You,can read the above links.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:12am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

No insult to them, but they garbage in every department which also includes their military. They can compete with smaller nations, but don't have the technology and manpower to compete with Africa big boys. Yes, they have the largest military personnels, but compare to general population, they have less men.

During the Ethio-Eritrea war(2000-2002), we and them constricted trenches at the front line as a means of defense, but during some point of the war, we used it for other purposes also. Guess what? We buried them in their trenches. cool
You just hurt a lot of Eritreans feelings. I didn't realized fights were happening ecen in the 2000s. Why did it end?
Lol why does Eritrea's infrastructure look so decent or did the Italians build everything?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2017
shervydman:

I think u need to check Africa's color coded ratings in the link below and stop deluding urself.

I can't say more than this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
Unlike u, I didnt stop at looking at the color- key, I scrolled further down the list, and it is consistent with the Undp list I have furnished u with above. So, haha!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:18am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:

All african nation are riddled with corruption, it is not only limited to nigeria.

Nigeria, south africa, egypt, ethiopia, algeria are the africa big 5.

Any africa coalition trying to conquer africa without any of this 5 included is doom to fail.

"Egypt , Nigeria and South Africa are generally regarded as the major regional powers in the African continent."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_power
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:19am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Exactly, there are some countries exporting only maize, many with little resources doing much better. Well It's a good thing they are all having oil now.
You consider a country like Italy and you just marvel.Even with a dearth of mineral resources they built a great society.At a time they were considered backward but after the second world war,they just broke down all barriers.A friend of mine opined that the Marshall Aid plan is to be praised for this.But I seriously believe that you can't build something on nothing.The Italians got something in them that just made things fall into place.We seem to lack the right mindset in Africa.Why are we importing things we can easily make here?I think it starts from there.I will like to see more manufacturing plants around than malls.Only this can improve per capita and Hdi.Or maybe we need packaged aid too like the Marshall Plan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:23am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Why doesn't South Africa cut it? The countries need to be economically viable and independent as well. I think it would be good to have African nations from all regions to effectively attack. South Africa is also the country that's more likely to recieve help from foreign powers.
South Africa has advance military equipments and their economy is decent, but they don't have great war experience and aren't fearless like the big boys. But it's a subjective matter and you could be right.

By the way, I had visited Ethiopia Air Force few years ago and I even entered in one of M-29 Jet and even in a Tank. It was a great experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.