Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 PM

A Nairalander Built A School Management Software - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Nairalander Built A School Management Software (1844 Views)

Meet The 19-year-old Who Built A New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube / A Nairalander Built This / A Nairalander Built A Pricecheck.com Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by oguchesam: 3:18am On Sep 05, 2016
I created this software to help school manage common challenges in school such as securing student information managing staff, computing exam scores etc. The name of the software is 'Akeza' I prefer to share it with my nairaland family first, before any other social campaign and promotion here is the set up file and some screen shots. Above all I want software developers to help me improve the app. Please nairalanders use it your feed back is very important, feel free to criticize it. To run the application properly you are going to need JRE and mySQL installed in your system.

lalasticlala abeg take this to FP I no sabi big boobs or kim na wetin I fit offer be dis, please help me take it to where reasonable Nigerian youth will criticize or commend my effort.

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by FrankLampard: 3:34am On Sep 05, 2016
You just finished building it by 3:18am

Next thing is to start marketing it to schools.

Success bro.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by finalboss1(m): 3:42am On Sep 05, 2016
you tried bro. .

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by jimklef(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bro, na u try pass, by d grace of God you will make money from it.... Amen
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by CodeHouse: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
OP I see what you have done here but you need to make it generic.

Add an Admin Panel where the school will setup classes as much as they have, fees, subjects as much as they have, result grading system such that pass or fail percentages will be set so that you also won't need users to select remarks, it would be automatically selected by the system... In order words, you don't need all those dropdown fields.

Let users setup the name of school, add their logo, choose colour themes, register a web server and use cloud database (but you can allow for offline databse too), so that you don't have security issues and unwanted access to database.

The cloud database is the new normal as students can check, print their results even with a scratch card (to generate continuous income for you and the school) which will be generated by your school management software through your admin panel.

Keep in mind that in marketing, you either come up with a solution that will bring in profit for your client or a solution that will reduce cost or stress. If your app can't do those, then you might as well not build it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by Vicben(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
Your app looks good. keep up with the hustle
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by lekropasky(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nice. APP.
with this your design orientation. You can build a more beautiful UI if you can try and look into Javafx.
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by paranorman(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
I learned a thing or two from what codeHouse chipped in.
I love what you did, sweet.

I know those icons you used though. I just hope you have the licence to use them if you're having it in mind to monitize your app as a solution, do you?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by CodeHouse: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
paranorman:
I learned a thing or two from what codeHouse chipped in.
I love what you did, sweet.

I know those icons you used though. I just hope you have the licence to use them if you're having it in mind to monitize your app as a solution, do you?

Glad to know
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Not criticising, it's a good work. But you do know it would have been better if you did it to run on Web.

Why wouldn't you use jsp and backend mysql.. that would have been a better bet, even finacle 10 and 11 used by major banks now in Nigeria ... are switching to online, no one would want to kill himself over one formal installation or the other.

Keep the good work, I've designed something like this in before.. in c#
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by greatgbolla(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2016
Nice work bro, but try to make the work more flexible next time
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by oguchesam: 12:13am On Sep 06, 2016
greatgbolla:
Nice work bro, but try to make the work more flexible next time
Thanks bro
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by oguchesam: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2016
finalboss1:
you tried bro. .
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by oguchesam: 12:29am On Sep 06, 2016
CodeHouse:
OP I see what you have done here but you need to make it generic.

Add an Admin Panel where the school will setup classes as much as they have, fees, subjects as much as they have, result grading system such that pass or fail percentages will be set so that you also won't need users to select remarks, it would be automatically selected by the system... In order words, you don't need all those dropdown fields.

Let users setup the name of school, add their logo, choose colour themes, register a web server and use cloud database (but you can allow for offline databse too), so that you don't have security issues and unwanted access to database.

The cloud database is the new normal as students can check, print their results even with a scratch card (to generate continuous income for you and the school) which will be generated by your school management software through your admin panel.

Keep in mind that in marketing, you either come up with a solution that will bring in profit for your client or a solution that will reduce cost or stress. If your app can't do those, then you might as well not build it
I truly appreciate your analysis, sorry for taking too long to reply...
About making it generic I had that in mind, as a matter of fact the next version will be written in C#, course I have that weakness in Java, I will so appreciate if you work with me on the later versions. You know, programmers in Nigeria we work in most cases alone, we do both front and back end with all that weaknesses. which is not good for the industry, the only way we can compete favorably with our US counterpart is to collaborate.
For the cloud, its part of the plan already, who ever is using the app, will not just save data in a local computer but will store them also in a cloud, that is part of after sale service.
About the scratch card I never thought of that, honestly that is a great idea! You deserve something for that bro. You are great I will like us to work together.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Built A School Management Software by EuniceMartins(f): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
BlueBic.com, which is unquestionably the best school management software in Nigeria and Africa, is designed to help nursery, primary and secondary schools better manage their data and keep track of both teachers and students day-to-day progress.

It saves educators valuable time, reducing stressful paperwork and making it possible to spend more time with students.

It's so easy to use, data and mobile-friendly that in less than 3 years of operation we have a client base of over 400 schools across West Africa. We have also built partnerships with A-list companies like INJINI, Michael, Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), and Amazon web services (AWS), amongst others. Strategic partnership with firms like AWS has made it possible to provide African schools almost free access to AWS cloud servers, adjudged the most secure and advanced cloud hosting facility in the world.

Some of the features contained on Bluebic school portal are listed below.

Comprehensive Admin Dashboard,
Automatic Result Processor ,
Income, Expense and Wallet Management
Online Assignments and Results
Attendance Management,
School Record Management,
Fee Management,
Online School Payments,
Performance & Behavior Trend Tracking ,
Bulk SMS and Emailing System , etc

With so many school management software providers, we know it can be difficult choosing the right one for your school. To help you get ahead of the competition, Get started for free with us today. Our customer success team will help you get setup in no time.

Email: support@bluebic.com
Call/ Text /Whatsapp: +234(0)9078347848

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Differentiate Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering / How To Remember The Code You’re Learning / SQL Database Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.