Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Player's Heart - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Player's Heart (13650 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 12:51am On Oct 06, 2016
[b] EPISODE 17

Okoro the gateman went to open the gate after looking through the peephole to find nobody. On opening the gate, he met a man he had never seen with David before;

"Good afternoon"  Blade greeted confidently.

"Afternoon" Okoro murmured.

"I am here to see David" Blade said, while Okoro quickly scrutinized him.

"Who are you?" Okoro suddenly asked starring at his face.

"I am one of his business associates, just tell him someone is looking for him" He Confidently answered.

Okoro shrugged and closed the gate, he went to where David and Jennifer was, just to deliver the message. By then, they were sitting on a chair close to the swimming pool.

David was seen with a small white towel round his neck, while Jennifer was wearing her swimming track. Okoro walked to their direction staring at Jennifer in a lustful desire, opening his mouth especially after sighting some visible features showing through her swimming wears;

"What happened?"  David questioned seeing his gateman who was supposed to be in the gate post..

"Oga somebody dey find you"  Okoro replied in pidgin English..

"And who is the person?" David questioned further... 

"He said he is your business associate oo" Okoro answered.

"Business associate? " David stared at him with curiosity.

He knew something was definitely wrong, because none of his business associates knows where he lives...
He hastily went into his apartment and changed to a plain trouser and T-shirt before following Okoro to the gate.

Immediately the humble gateman opened the gate, he met the shock of his life. By now they were 5 of them at the gate, being vigilant and ready to strike.

David knew something was wrong, hence, he told Jennifer to wait behind. As soon as he sighted the boys when Okoro opened the gate, he confirmed they were not responsible men but rather touts.

As a sharp guy, he made a quick scan on them and sighted a gun on Blade's trouser. At this time Blade was foolishly smiling at him....
In Blade's mind, he has gotten the main target, as David looks exactly the same on ground just as he look on the picture.

Without saying a word, David swiftly pushed the gate and locked it while Blade and his gang who were very bittered started hitting the gate angrily. This made Jennifer to rushed out from the house....

"What's happening?" She questioned David, with great concern well written on her face...

"I don't know" David replied evasively...

David knew maybe one of the prey has started haunting him. He couldn't have suspected anyone other than Cynthia, as he remembered her threat...
"You must pay for this" that was her words which David thought was a joked, but little did he know that, that single word could put him in  great enigma...

After some time, they stopped hitting the gate while David breathed in relief. He knew they would be coming back, so he had planned on visiting the police before they would strick back again...

He walked into his sitting room with Jennifer who was giving him weird looks, which tells that he needs to explain to her everything that took place..
He quickly remember something, he went to the gateman and told him not to allow anybody inside his house and left him.

He walked back to his apartment and kept on thinking of fabricating a story, he will rendered to Jennifer.

Getting inside, he saw Jennifer who sat on the couch starring at him as he walked in. "Who are they?" Jennifer voiced out..

"I don't know, but I guess someone sent them to attack me" David calmly replied while she stared at him in astonishment..

"Attack you for what?" She asked.

"That I don't know, I will be going to the police station now to report the incident" David muttered..

"You can't go there, you don't know if they might be hanging around" Jennifer quickly replied, holding David's hands..

"I have to go, staying here isn't safe either" David explained while she shrugged..

He left Jennifer and headed to his room, where he met his phone on the bed. He quickly took it, only to found 12 missed calls from Vivian. In duration of no time, he called her back;

"Hello Vivian!" David said as she picked the call.

"Hey! why were you not picking my calls?, I have been calling you for the past two hours" Vivian complained.

"Sorry dear I was sleeping" David calmly apologized...

"I am coming to your house now" Vivian said...

"Noo!! I just left my house now, I am with Kelvin" David quickly replied...

"Hmmmmm!!! I hope you are not with another woman?" Vivian suspiciously asked...

"Why will I be with another woman when I have you, you are my soul mate dear" David teased while she made an hysterical laughter...

"I have to go now" David said and ended the call...

He placed his phone in his pocket. He knew he had to find a possible way to persuade Vivian to abort the child, and he also need to visit the police and made allegation against Cynthia.
He was 100 percent sure she sent those hoodlums to his house...

He quickly put on a white top after wearing a blue Jean, before heading to the sitting room.

"I am going to the station" He told Jennifer who became tensed...

"I am going with you" She quickly replied...

"Don't worry, I will be back in an hour time" David replied while she shrugged in resignation...

He kissed her and left the house with his car. Immediately he drove pass the gate, he saw a particular guy who quickly rushed to the front of his car. While another pointed a gun at his head and open the passenger's door, he hopped-in while the rest members came from their hideouts to join them pointing their guns at him.

They told him to come out, which he quickly comply with;

"Enter the booth" They said still pointing the gun at him...

David quickly obeyed by entering the booth as instructed, while they all hopped in, and drove away...
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by nastynic(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2016
please don't kill this badass mutherfucker,............. coolnice update man still following
Re: Player's Heart by Tunibitoye(m): 11:00am On Oct 06, 2016
Law of karma
Re: Player's Heart by Osman1996(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
still following
Re: Player's Heart by kannyluv(f): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2016
intrestin .,.. ..eliboy pls dnt starve us.
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
[b] EPISODE 18

Indeed Blade and his boys were dhem serious with the job, especially when they knew they have collected advance payment...

They drove directly to their camp/hideout, which no one can identify easily.

Immediately they got there, they brought David out of the boot and blindfolded him with a black apparel.
He was taken inside at once, and told to lay on the floor with his lips kissing the sandy soil situated in the building foundation...

DAVID'S APARTMENT

Okoro who heard the noise made by the hoodlum outside, knew they have gotten his boss.

He ran straight to Jenifer who was inside meditating, and gave her the news

"Don't tell me he was taken away by those very boys that came for him" She muttered

"Madam I nor dey lie, truth oo God. I see them with this my two korokoro eyes" Okoro explained as he shines his eyes like that of a thief man torch...

"What sort of rubbish is this? I told him not to go but he refused. Telling me, he is going to the station to report" She murmured

"Madam Watin we go now na?, make I go bring my cutlass?" Okoro suggested

"Please just leave me alone, what will your cutlass do??" She angrily questioned

"Haba madam! It can cut na?" Okoro stupidly exaggerated

"Mtcheww.... Excuse me" Jenifer sighed before going in, leaving Okoro standing in the middle of confusion

She went into the sitting room and picked up her phone to make some calls. The first person she called was David but his number was switched off, she knew they must have collected his phone from him.

She hastily called her friend Ada, who is Kelvin's girlfriend, and she picked up without letting the ring-back tune alert Jenifer. They exchanged pleasantries before she narrated the whole story to her, Ada who wasn't comfortable with news, advised her to contact the police immediately so they can act as soon as they could...

Jenifer concurred to Ada's advised, and called the state commissioner of police, who gave her assurance of finding David as soon as they can.
The commissioner also requested for her to come over to the station, for police extract and other entries which she agreed to.

David's anger has gotten to the peak, he knew someone close to him was behind his kidnap and he has traced it to Cynthia who occasionally imposed threat on him...
He was panting and breathing heavily as he waits for the gangsters to inflight their wrath on him. But they didn't touch him, as the instructions passed to them was to bring him alive.

Blade who don't play with his payment, called Naomi after about 1hr of their arrival;

"Madam! He is here now, so I am waiting for your next instruction, and my balance payment" He said while smiling

"Don't worry, you will get your payment in the next 5mins, but are you sure you got the right person?" Naomi questioned just to confirm

"Madam, I nor be apprentice for the job na, I don fall your hand before? Abeg come and see with your eyes" Blade replied

"Okay" She said before ending the call

All this while David was paying attention to what Blade was saying. He now confirmed that a lady was behind it, hence Blade was always saying Madam. The question he couldn't answer now is the exact person.

Blade and two of his boys went outside to wait for Naomi and Cynthia, while they instructed one of their man to watch David keenly.

David technically, was timing himself. He knew 3mins had gone out of the 5mins given by the so called madam. He had to act now or no more, if he want to escape alive...

He finally got an idea which he believe could work or fail. Since there is no harm in trying, he decided to carry it out;

"Eh bros abeg na, shit dey catch me... I don even piss for body but I nor fit shiit for body na!" He said, pretending to be really pressed

"You dey talk to me?" The guy who was asked to take watch on him asked

"Yes sir, please" David begged

The guy walked to him and saw that he has truly wee on his body.

"Old man like you dey piss for body, upon all the money when you get... Com'on stand up" He said with pity

David stood up and walked briskly, as the guy took him to the back of the building to excrete.

David being a wise guy purposely dropped the first set of shiit (faeces) on the guys' leg which made him gave David a sounding slap...

"You dey craze? So good wen I do don turn bad eh!, In short I nor blame you, na me wen carry you come kaka I blame" The guy said with anger written all over him

"Arrhhh! Bros!! Una tie my eyes with piece of cloth na, how I won take know" David replied holding his jaw which was slapped, he never thought the guy will slap him but anyway he was happy his plan was working...

The angry guy, took off the cloth they used in blindfolding him and told him to hurry up, and clean his leg with his shirt when he is done.

David who was still working on his plan remain squatting. The guy couldn't wait anymore and angrily took off David shirt, which he intended to use in wiping off the faeces David deposited on his leg.
Immediately he bent down to wipe it off, David stood up and rushed towards him. Before he could retaliate, David has pushed him to the floor and collected his gun which slip off his grip...
In no time, David used the gun to hit him on his head several times before running out of the scene...

Blade and the remaining guys got back with Naomi and Cynthia and met no one, they knew David and the last guy didn't passed through the front, so they decided to check the back of the uncompleted building and met their man down....

"What the fu_ck happened here?" Blade scolded the guy who was in pain as blood bump out from his head

"Heeeeeeeee passsssed through that way" the guy managed to voice out before collapsing....

"This is rubbish, you guys can't deliver a simple job" Naomi quarried

"They can still go after him na, more also his car is at the front and there is no way he can be that fast without a car" Cynthia suggested

"You two go get him, while you BOMB follow me let's block the other route with his car" Blade instructed

They all ran off leaving just Cynthia and Naomi there. The both friends were really pissed off with the happening, as they thought they have succeeded in getting the heartless David, only to come to realise he had escaped...

David who applied an unexpected speed manage to locate the tar road, after several minutes of marathon race in the bush path.
He knew he wasn't safe yet as he tried to stop vehicles that were passing the road.

Not quite long he saw his own SUV car coming from a narrow path, he knew it was those hoodlums and he started running again.
Luckily for him, a car just matched an automatic break closed to him.... He didn't bother to question or look at the persons face as they zoom off the lonely road with full speed....
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

1 Like

Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
[b] EPISODE 19

Continuation from last scene

David hopped in lackadaisically without even starring at the driver's face, when he accidentally took a cursory look, what he saw made his heart skipped a bit.
It was Sandra, the girl who broke up with him two days to their wedding, the girl who turned him to a heartless player...

" Sandra!! " David exclaimed in shocked...

" Yeah David!! It's your Sandra " She replied smiling...

David was dumbfounded, he was too tensed to reply, he just kept quiet while she kept on driving.

"Where are you taking me?" David voiced out after minutes of silence..

"You look disheveled. I'm taking you to my house in order for you to clean up" She answered nonchalantly..

David remained mute, while she kept driving until they got to a building which seems like a bungalow. She hit the horn while the gateman quickly opened the gate, after which she drove in.

David and Sandra alighted from the car and walked in;

"That's the bathroom" She pointed to a door and handed him a towel.

David walked to the bathroom and took his bath. When he was taking his bath, he remembered how Sandra broke up with him...

Flashback

"Sandra please, you don't have to do this now, our wedding is just tomorrow and doing this will bring disgrace to our families“ David pleaded as he knelt down, holding the dress of Sandra.
Tears could be perceptibly seen on his eyes.

“You're just too susceptible, you thought I loved you? I never had a ting of feeling for you. Let me advice you, take your time to study the next lady that you will meet" Sandra unsympathetically poured out to him. 
"Please Sandra; just marry me, even if the marriage does not last for 2 months. Please, you know my mum could die if I break this news to her. She had already invited all her friends as well as my Dad, who has already invited his business associates. Please anything you need, I will give to you; just don't call off the wedding” David pleaded as tears rolled down his cheeks. 

Sandra bursted into hysterical laughter "I don't need your money, this is what I was sent to do to you; torment you and leave you and your damn family emotionally ramshackle”

David was taken aback as he stared at the lady he had loved and cherished so dearly, entrusting his life to her. He still couldn’t believe that the innocent emotional lady he had looked up to was as wicked as the devil. He would have strangled to death, anyone that would have told him the ugly part of her, some seconds ago;

"Why?" was all he could be able to mutter.

"You will find out when the time is right" She replied and left David who was still on his knees.

"You will find out when the time is right" her words echoed in his ears.

Present

"You will find out when the time is right" That was the words which kept echoing in his ear.

Now that he has found Sandra, he had made up his mind to find out what prompted her and several girls to breakup with him...

He hurriedly took his bath and walked to the sitting room. He met a T-shirt on the bed, it was men's clothes.
He didn't need a soothsayer to tell him Sandra kept it for him. In no time, he quickly wore the clothes and walked to the sitting room with the intention to asked her the question he had been pondering about for years,  she alone knows the answer.

"Hey Sandra" David murmured inaudible as he approached her, he calmly sat down on the couch facing her...

"Where have you been all this years?" David asked starring at her.

"I had been around, just busy with work "She  smiled..

"You remember when you broke up with me, there is something you told me" David breathed..

"And what was that?" She curiously answered...

"You told me, you were sent to breakup with me to leave me emotionally ramshackle,  that I will find out when the time is right, so do you mind telling me now?" David asked smiling, trying not to sound serious and desperate..

"Nah let's just forget about that, it's the past now" Sandra waved at him..

"Please just tell me, I am just curious to know" David pleaded holding her hands making her to succumbed to his request..

"Okay it's Mr Emmanuel that sent me and the rest girls, I mean the current governor,  he wanted to make life a living hell for you and your family, which I don't know why" She calmly told him..

David was dumbfounded,  downcast, perplexed and devastated. He couldn't have imagined Mr. Emmanuel was the one that turned him into what he is now, and him alone caused the death of his parents, making him to loath the female folks with passion...

"Mr Emmanuel is also Jennifer's Father"  David calmly remembered...

TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by nastynic(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
jenifer hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................sweet like update yellow like fanta i love this update
Re: Player's Heart by Osman1996(m): 12:25am On Oct 12, 2016
hmmm enjoy it biko more of it
Re: Player's Heart by kannyluv(f): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
hmmmmmm nice write up.keep it up
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 3:24am On Oct 14, 2016
[b] EPISODE 20

David was so bittered that he forgot he was with someone;
"How I wish I knew about this long before now... I wouldn't have threaded the wrong path but face the Devil one on one. Well, we shall see because the evil that men do lives with them" David reasoned deep within

All this words went through his mind because of the Governor. It's obvious he wouldn't rest until he must have dealt with him (Mr. Emmanuel) satisfactorily;

"Please answer me" Sandra echoed which made David to regain himself from his thought of vengeance

"Sorry, you say?" David questioned

"I saw your own car chasing after you, what happened?" Sandra asked him

"I was kidnapped, and managed to escape from the kidnappers" David explained confidently

"Why will you be kidnapped, does it mean the Governor is still after you?" Sandra asked with worried outlook

"I don't think he is behind my kidnap because I overheard the kidnappers talking to a Lady, who they kept on calling Madam" David Rasped

"Ohhhh, spare me that... For your information the Governor uses women to accomplish his mission and not men, how I wished you know how your Dad lost his life" Sandra muttered, shocking David once again

"How, please tell me?" David pleaded

"I was with him when he called another lady to meet him in his house, when the lady came he sent me out because he knew I almost messed up with the last assignment he gave to me by having slight feelings for you. I excused them, but overheard him telling the lady that you were in the hospital and your Mum is dead so she should go and kill your Dad" Sandra explained, while David obviously cried out even if he tried controlling it as a man

"But with the medical report on his death certificate he died out of cardiac arrest. Which means he was shocked about his wife's death, and my condition as well" David intruded

"Yes, he might have had an heart attack, but the lady in question strangled him to death. I know what I'm saying, I followed her but wasn't fast enough, before I could enter the house she had already flee" Sandra said convincingly

David couldn't withstand nor accommodate what he just heard, he was so angry that he forgot what happened some minutes before now.
His mind has been corrupted, and all he could seek for was vengeance, but how can he get to the Governor now? When he lives in a government house, and has unbelievable number of military personnel guarding him on daily basis...

He taught of reporting him to the media and press, but later realised that won't work either.
The only way out is to get to the Governor through his daughter Jenifer, but can he?
Especially when he knows fully well that Jenifer is the one for him...

His head was so busy with thoughts that he decided to finish up with the task at hand, before thinking on how to deal with the Governor...

David took Sandra's phone with her permission, and dialled his own mobile number which was in the possession of the kidnappers.
It rang several times but they didn't pick up.

He decided to call Okoro his gateman since he doesn't know Jenifer's number off-head.
Immediately he clicked on the call button after punching the landline digit of his security house, Okoro picked up and told him Jenifer has gone to the Station...

David whose mind wasn't settled pleaded with Sandra to take him to the police station, so he could report the kidnap case and provably meet up with Jenifer there...

Sandra agreed, and took him straight to the police station with her Toyota Yaris car..

Jenifer who wasn't happy with the current happening, was seen in tears while standing with the DPO who assured her that his men has gone out to hunt the kidnappers...

Immediately, She sight David from afar.

Out of excitement she rushed off to embraced him, not minding he was with another Lady.
Even the DPO was surprised likewise Sandra, who recognises her (Jenifer) as she get closer to them;

"Baby, I am so happy to see you, hope you weren't hurt?" She asked demanding an urgent response from David

"No I wasn't hurt" David said

"The police had gone out to look for you, am happy to have you back, what happened? Did they release you?" She questioned hurriedly

"I will tell you everything dear, let me just see the Inspector or DPO" David yelled

"Oh, yes the DPO, you have to see him. He is the one standing there"

The three of them walked straight to meet him, while Sandra kept on staring at the Governor's eldest daughter...

She never took off her gaze from her, as she tend to know how come they managed to meet...
Left for her, David would be alone since none of the relationship he tried, worked for him. How come the daughter of the man behind his suffering is now with him?

She was so confused, even when she knew quite well that the Governor can't risk his daughter's life to hurt David...

Qstn: Don't you think Sandra still have feelings for David? Well we shall get to know soon.
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by kannyluv(f): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
sandra is deeply in lov wit David but it is too late
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
[b] EPISODE 21

While in the police station, Sandra was clouded with her thoughts which was all about the coincidence.
She was astounded, as if it was kama that was playing with Mr. Emmanuel (The Governor). Obviously, she knew the Governor hated David parents and wanted to make life miserable for David, but little did he know that nature will bring David and his daughter together...

She couldn't help but admire the way David stared at Jennifer, and how Jenifer reciprocated with extreme smiles. Sandra saw great love in David's eyes, and without been told she knew it will be difficult for her to come in between them...

"Hey Jennifer! this is Sandra she saved me from the hands of those hoodlums" David quickly introduced as he remembered he came with someone.

"Thanks" Jennifer smiled cheerfully, as she shook hands with Sandra who in return smiled back.

"I guess I should be leaving" Sandra muttered after about 2minutes of silence...

"Okay, thanks for Saving me" David manage to say, even if he knew he still need to get some more information about the Governor from her

In a jiffy, She left them in the station to an unknown destination.

David and Jennifer after their statements and other necessary engagements in the station, left almost immediately as well...

-- -- -- --

Getting to David's residence, Jennifer was so happy to have him back home. Before that moment she was so scared and worried, especially when the gateman told her that David was forced by those hoodlums into his own car boot. She couldn't think well then, but was in pain as if her man would not return.

David on the other hand was clouded with his own revenge mission, which has diverted from the female folk to the well polished Governor according to the people of the state.
He regretted ever being a player, making life miserable for the innocent and nice girls he came across...

His conscience was fighting him hard, which made him felt pity for Cynthia. He knew she will not stop until she make him suffer, as she verge for pay back.
Deep inside him, he knew Cynthia had reasons for her actions but he wasn't bold enough to fight her back.

He thought about Vivian who was pregnant with his own child... "Children are blessings from God but i cannot build a polygamous home" Was the exact words that slide through his cerebrum, when he tried considering Vivian and her pregnancy...

David knew quite well that he didn't love Vivian despite her unimaginable beauty,  how can he explain to her about the whole scenario? He searched the innermost part of himself, but there was no way he could tell her the truth..
"Why is my life so complicated?"

"How did I find myself in this great enigma?" Those were the questions running through his mind, all because of one man, who made him to become a player and also an orphan.

"Mr Emmanuel must surely pay for this" David said within himself with great anger...

"But how? How will I archive this aim? How will I make him pay?" He kept on questioning himself, with more thoughts which lingered unrequited...

"Hey David!!!" Jennifer voiced out his name, which jolted him from the realms of thoughts...

"What are you thinking about?" Jennifer asked starring at him..

"No-thing" David replied stuttering..

"The dinning is set, You have to take something" Jennifer said nonchalantly while David walked to the dining table with her...

Getting to the dining, he sat  opposite her.
Truly speaking, he had lost his appetite due to excessive thinking, but just to make his burden hidden, he forced himself to eat...

"Tell me about your father" David suddenly voice out surprising Jennifer with his question.

"My father?" Jennifer asked with a surprised look.

"Yeah.... Your father, you've not talk about him before and I would love to know him more better" David coerced, while she shrugged in resignation...

"Hmmm! I'm not that close to my Dad because he is just too busy with politics that he don't have time for us" Jennifer muttered disinterested...

"Does he have any criminal records? " David unintentionally asked, shocking Jennifer with his questions.

"What do you mean by that?"
Jennifer replied in a high pitched voice while David shrugged.

"Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you with my questions" David calmly apologized while Jennifer stared at him suspiciously..

"You know you've been acting strange" Jennifer said...

"Sorry if I am. The truth is that I'm stressed out" David murmured...

The hatred he had for Mr Emmanuel was really making him to act strange,  the most painful part was that he don't know how to make him pay yet.

He would have used Jennifer to make his vengeance, but he loves her so much that he chooses not to gamble with her.

His thought suddenly drafted to Vivian, he had to reason with her about the situation. Yes, although he knew it wouldn't go easy, but he need to do something....

"I will see you later, I want to see someone" He told Jennifer and stood up from the dinning..

"You shouldn't go out when those criminals would still be looking for you" Jennifer replied with concern well written on her face....

"It's not far just two blocks away, I will be back in 30 minutes time" David replied heading to the door while Jennifer shrugged in resignation...

David left to Vivian's boutique, he hoped she will reason with him.
He just can't tell her the truth, but a truthful lie can help, because the truth will make her hunt him, Just like the way Cynthia is doing to him...
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by Nmaglit: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one dear bt pls ensure u finish it
Re: Player's Heart by kannyluv(f): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
am enjoyin dis story
Re: Player's Heart by Osman1996(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2016
#following more sir
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
[b] EPISODE 22

Vivian who had missed David passionately was so pleased to see him in her boutique. She was really astonished because David didn't even call her, rather he took her unaware.

Sighting David at the entrance door made her abandoned her Cashbook which she was attending to, and ran to him in haste...
They both engaged in an undiluted hug which made all the workers and customers paused their activities. David was forced to separate from her arms, to avoid more attention;

"Baby it's enough, I can see you really missed me" David Cackled, as he held her hands after withdrawing from the hug.

"Thank God you know I missed you, seems you didn't miss me?" Vivian Blurted, and stared at David keenly

"Sure I missed you alot, that is why I came surprisingly" David Stuttered, making Vivian to blush stylishly

"Baby am not leaving you today because my heart, mind, body and soul are yelling for you" Vivian confessed, while David withdrew a little

"Likewise mine.... But Vivian we need to talk. It's very urgent and I don't think here is the right place" David said audibly

"Fine, that means you will give me some minutes to settle with my secretary and balance all necessary accounts that needs to be balanced" She appealed

"No problem, I will be waiting outside in the car" David lamented

"Why outside dear, what happened to the chairs in my office" She Insinuated

"Baby I will be fine outside, don't worry over that. Just use the time you needed" David said and walked outside to wait for her right in his car.

He got to use his Lexus jeep, since his favourite SUV car was still yet to be retrieve from those who kidnapped him. However before leaving the police station, he was assured by the DPO that his car will be retrieved within two working days as it will be difficult for the kidnappers to use it on the street.

He has been inside his car for about 12mins listening to a very nice Nigerian highlife titled 'Hear your Papa, Hear your Mama' by Mike Okri which he has repeated twice. (I guess some of us, especially those within 28-50yrs knows the spirit in this song, well if you don't I'll advise you to listen to it today and at the end of the song you must surely shout *RATATA*)

David was still feeling the song when his eyes fell on Jenifer's phone. Although he knew quite well that Jenifer has 2 phones but he was surprised to see one of them inside his car.
He picked the phone at once and dialled her other line with it;

"Hello dear, how come your other phone is in my car?" Was the first word that came out from David's mouth when she picked up

"Oh!!!! I wanted to use that car while going to the station to make report, but I later had a double mind and opted for my own car" She explained

"Funny, I can't remember showing you where I do keep the keys to my cars?" David complained

"Sure, but why am I the governor's daughter? I have my way to anything... I will call you with it later, just hold it and don't fail to come home early" Jenifer said smiling

"No problem... Later" David uttered still confused, even though he suspected Jenifer of having a plan...

David didn't want to bother Vivian, by going inside the boutique to rush her over what she was doing, so he decided to call his uncle just to let him know about the latest thread... He was happy he knows his uncle's number off-head, and begin to see relevance of Jenifer's phone in his position;
When his uncle picked the call, he told him everything from how he was kidnapped and how Sandra revealed the culprit behind his parents death.

His uncle was not pleased at all, he was even more bittered than David and gave him his 101% assurance that he will support him in bringing the Governor down.

Conclusively, David promised to meet him one on one before the week runs out so they could strike as fast as they could.

Sincerely speaking, David was happy his uncle didn't go against his plan but what he didn't know about was if his uncle will support his union with the governors daughter, if he finds out.

He was still compiling the possible actions that can come out from the puzzle of his thought, when Vivian came around;

"Don't tell me you are listening to this song with your eyes focusing on just one direction?" Vivian questioned

"Baby am in the spirit, it's like you weren't born then. I mean when men were boy's, this is the song we relax with" David said just to cover up

"So you are trying to tell me I don't know this song?, I will even tell you about the artist who sang it" Vivian boasted

"Okay tell me" David boasted

"Mike Okri who is a Deltan man sang it, he based in London and has another hint title 'Time na Money' and 'Oghenekevwe' although they're not in this very album" She confidently quoted

"Babe you finish work, Please hoop in, I must get you a special red wine for that" He promised as he jumped out just to open the passenger's side for Vivian to go in, before entering the driver's side back.

*EDGE BAR*

Vivian kept on staring at David, as she sipped the red wine from the designers wine glass.

She kept on having flashback about the early stage of their affair, how David saw her on the road and took her to her shop, how she said 'yes' to him when her heart was broken by someone she planned getting married to, how they shared good times in bars, eatery and clubs, how she came to realised she is pregnant for him.
Deep within her, she see's herself as the most blessed lady on earth.

All her mind was that the day she has been waiting for, has come. She was thinking David told her they have to talk, and brought her to 'EDGE BAR' because he is ready to plan their marriage, not knowing it was far from her reasoning...

In David's own mind, he just wanna end up with her calmly because he see's no reason for keeping her to himself when he got someone he really loves.
He planned to open up some things with her, like telling her about his kidnap issue and also about the present Governor who killed his parent then seek advise from her.
He also have in mind to discuss the pregnancy issue with her, even if not that day some other time

"Dear, can you tell me why you didn't allow me to come over to your place yesterday?" Vivian finally gather the guts to ask, since David wasn't ready to start the conversation

"That is why we are here, we got so many things to....." He hasn't finished the statement when Jenifer phone which was on the table started ringing

Vivian was shocked to see the caller's name which was saved as 'My One and Only'...

Even David himself was surprised, because the phone wasn't his so he can't guess who the caller was. Neither can he tell Vivian that the phone wasn't his own because she saw him making call with it...
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by kannyluv(f): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
oh my God
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
[b] EPISODE 23

David was jolted up by the ringing phone, and remained speechless. All Vivian could do was to stare at the phone in awe, due to the caller ID she saw on the screen; 'My one and only'.

She couldn't help but wonder if David was cheating on her, and if he had called her out to breakup with her, because he has been acting outrageous.

To reduce the suspense in their midst, David decided to take the call. He stared at Vivian with tension all over his face, before finally picking the call...

"Hello! dear how are you doing?" Jennifer spoke on the other end.

"Fine! Is this Jenifer?" David muttered after hearing her voice

"Yeah, it's me... I just say let me test this my sim card, which i saw in my handbag not quite long" She lamented

"I will call you later" David replied trying to avoid Vivian deadly gazed...

"Okay" Jennifer muttered while David ended the call..

David kept the cellphone this time in his pocket, and focus his attention on Vivian who was starring at him...

Ever since he turned a player, breaking up with girls was very easy for him but now he's finding it difficult to breakup with Vivian. He couldn't decipher why he was being tensed, and why his heart was pounding like a church drum...

He made up his mind to tell her even though it was not the whole truth, but he had to tell her some part of it;

"See Vivian there is something you should know!" David muttered with an unstable voice.

"I'm all ears" Vivian who has been longing to hear his voice said boldly, as she adjust herself to a comfortable equilibrium while on the chair

"*clear throat* When we started dating, I never plan on marrying you. My intention was to use you and dump you, not only you but all the girls I encounter. I was so obsess with ladies that I thought they were the reason why my parents died, I thought they came into my life to make life miserable for me, but I was wrong" David explain with great momentum...

Bit by bit, he narrated the whole story to her. Telling her about his past relationships, how they all broke up with him. He told her how he was kidnapped, and how Sandra rescued him. How he finds out that Mr. Emmanuel the current Governor was responsible for his plight..

"I'm sorry for what has happened to you, but now that you've find out that girls weren't the cause of your problems, I guess you will stop your quest for revenge while we get married" Vivian said in an advisable manner..

"The truth is that I'm in love with someone else now, and she is the one I am getting married to... I know you are carrying my child, and I promise to take full responsibility on you and my unborn baby. I'm sorry but I never loved you, I didn't mean to make you suffer,  you can abort the child if you want, I wish I could turn the hands of time, I wouldn't have started this revenge saga, please find a good place in your heart to forgive me... Especially for playing with your heart" David pleaded and knelt down... Tears could perceptibly be seen in his eyes.

Vivian was just staring at him in disbelief. She tried to control her sadness, but wasn't able to do so as tears dripped down her cheek;

"I don't know if I can forgive you David! How could you be so heartless, and made me tell my parents about you? Now they are waiting for us to fix a date for our wedding, ooooohhhh! ooooohhh! ooooohhh!..... That girl I met in your house the other day, what's her name again___ Cynthia___ I guess, did you do the same thing to her? I mean the way you played me?" Vivian asked while David shrugged.

"Yes! I was so obsessed with ladies, I thought you guys were the cause of my problem. Tomorrow I will transfer back your money, I will even double it for the pain I have caused you, please I am so sorry" David pleaded for the umpteenth time holding Vivian hands in the process...

Vivian didn't see the whole thing as the way David does, so she angrily pushed his hands away from her and stood up.

"I can't forgive you" She poured out, with sincerity well written on her voice.

She left him immediately. She was so angry that she couldn't imagine the lies she would fabricate to her parents, especially her Mom whom she always tell sweet things about David to.

Vivian knew she can't tell them the truth. Telling them David used her for a revenge quest, was insane.

David himself was also aware that, getting Vivian to forgive him would be impossible. He didn't expect anything less from her, at least she took the news better than Cynthia.

He only hoped she won't hire assassin to murder him, just the way Cynthia is doing.

Talking about Cynthia, David thinks they can still work things out amicably. He knew he had to apologize to her, at least get her away from his back, in other for him to stay focus on his ravage against the Governor. But will Cynthia even give him a listening ear

He was immersed in thought but later realised that he was alone in the bar, "Vivian must have gotten a cab" He said to himself... He decided to go back home to question Jenifer about the call stuff, more also he has promised not to stay long in his outing...

In haste he rushed out, after paying for what they bought.
Getting to his car, he remembered his Uncle telling him to meet him in his house whenever he was free, so they can strategies their plan towards the Governor.

He ignited the engine and drove to his Uncle's house. Obviously, revenging the Governor was impossible but David was sure they will find a way to make him pay.

VIVIAN'S RESIDENCE

Vivian finally got home, she was wailing as she remembered David's story "Such a tragedy!!" She said inwardly.
She couldn't help but felt pity for him, especially for what he had gone through loosing both parents...

Some part of her felt pity for him but other parts hated what he did. The fact that David was playing her, got her angry more.

She was angry at herself for being so naive and gullible to have fallen for David, she was thinking of the lies she will fabricate to her parents. Another thing is that she can't have the baby, it will only complicate issues for her.

After much deliberation within her, she conclusively decided to opt for an abortion..  

David got to his Uncle's house, and met him busy watching EPL.

His Uncle calmly reduce the volume of the TV, after offering David a seat with both of them sitting adjacent to each other;

"David how have you been?" His Uncle asked calmly..

"Not bad!" David replied.

"I was so surprised to have heard you say Mr. Emmanuel was responsible for the death of your parents. What made me to believe was because your Dad's death was a mystery which had not been unveiled. We all know himself and Mr. Emmanuel to be sworn enemies" His Uncle explained.

"I was surprise as well... I had been busy taking revenge on the innocents, whereas the devil is busy enjoying himself.. " David muttered regretfully.

"He must pay for this" He added with sincerity.

"Yes he must pay, but.... he is not just the Mr. Emmanual we use to know rather he is presently the Governor... How are we going to revenge a Governor?" His uncle replied sounding perplexed and uncertain.

An idea suddenly pop to David's head, while he smiled making his Uncle to stare at him curiously..
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by Peterdrumz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
Enjoying this: waiting in the other room for updateEnjoying this: waiting in the other room for updateEnjoying this: waiting in the other room for update
Re: Player's Heart by bishop88: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
is this the end of this interesting work here or what..please come and continue it..
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 6:20am On Nov 06, 2016
[b] EPISODE 24

"Why smiling over what I said, is it funny? Eh! Talk to me" His uncle breath

David made the whole thing worst by migrating from his normal smiling to, an unending laughter. After laughing for almost 4mins, he finally opened up his plan;

"Brotherly, I got no perfect plan but with my observation the Governor loves working with girls, so I think we could get him with a charming damsel" David said confidently

"But how? And who could be so bold to walk to the Governor to carryout any plan of yours" His Uncle Questioned

"So many of them bro. And I have someone with a devil's heart, who can do the job, although it's been long I contacted her.... Secondly, I think Sandra can also help, especially to get the Lady who the Governor used in murdering my Dad" David said

"Well, that is a nice strategy, but I think we still need more options because the Governor is very cruel" David's Uncle advised

"Yes I know but I still trust this present plan...." David assured him

They chatted for some more minutes before David finally departed, for his home.

-- -- -- --

David got home really exhausted. He knew he didn't kept to time, but still wasn't pleased with what Jenifer did earlier in the day.

He walked in briskly, and met Jenifer unhappy.... He was confused whether to shout at her or cuddle her.

Decisively, he greeted her, walked up to her and planted an undiluted kiss, with prints of saliva on her glossy lips.

It's obvious she was pissed off, but couldn't resist David, especially his sexy touches.

In no time, David apologised to her warmly. And there was no doubt that he was serious with the way he convinced her, especially with his sweet words and actions.
Jenifer couldn't think twice as she accepted his apology easily, and emotionally embraced him which prompted to a fantasy show...

It was a dream come true for David because he never imagined he could have the privilege to touch her so soon. Especially the manner at which she resisted him some days back (before his kidnap).

Just like a triller, they both enjoyed the show and as usual David engaged her in a F.sexicon which she would never forget, in her life time.... After they were done, they went to the dinning to take their supper.

While in the dinning Jenifer brought in some suggestions;

"Baby! It's high time we get married once and for all, and leave this country for the states (U.S.A), I never liked this country and no doubt, I believe my Dad will be pleased to sponsor us. Even without him I got the necessary resources to do that" Jenifer said warmly

"Jen! I worth anything that will please you, even if you chose to stay in the moon for the rest of your lifetime. But, there are some things I have to deal with before planning our marriage" David uttered timidly

"Is there anything you aren't telling me?" Jenifer asked, with tension well written on her face

"Nothing actually, but just give me some time dear" David appealed

"No problem my bobo, but have it in mind that you have limited time" Jenifer breath coldly

"Accepted dear" David responded

"I love you David" Jenifer confessed.
Truly, she loves David and she is now getting used to him more and more. There was no doubt that the extra love is developing after their F.sexicon moment, because David gave her the best she has ever had with a man.

"I love you more Jen" David responded with all form of sincerity

"Dear one more thing" Jenifer muttered

"And what is that sweatie?" David eagerly asked

"I'm planning to get some well trained and experienced security men, who will anchor your compound. I don't think Okoro is capable anymore" Jenifer suggested

"I have no problem with that, but Okoro still have to stay because he has been working here since the foundation of this building was laid, he was personally employed by my parents and I don't wanna disappoint him" David explained

"That is fine, he can be working with them at least to gain more experience... That reminds me, you are yet to tell me about your parents" Jenifer murmured

"I will, definitely. But please let that be a discussion for next time" David appealing seek

"Got no problem with that, as my man pleases" She jokingly said

They both engaged in some fun play after which they exchanged pleasantries, quotes, promises and plans, before visiting the bedroom (i.e the other room) to slide off the day...

No doubt, David truly love Jenifer but his fear is the girls he had to settle scores with. And lastly, the Governor who is also a great enemy to himself and his union.

He knew such a man can't be his Father in-law, and there are lot of puzzles he has to solve before finally taking Jenifer to the alter. He only wished nothing bad happens to his union with the one he loves

>THE NEXT DAY<

A call from the police station woke them up from their enjoyable slumber.

Actually, it was Jenifer's phone that they used in reaching them;

"Hello is this Miss Jenifer?" A man asked from the other end

"Yes, you are talking to Jenifer. How may I be of help" She muttered, questionably

"This is the DPO of A'Division, due to the description and statement you and your friend dropped yesterday with us, we are glad to let you know that the SUV car has been recovered along the express road and it's presently in our station. I will advise you to come with your friend who was kidnapped, anytime today" The DPO said, explanatorily

"No problem, we will be there in less than an hour time"

Jenifer need not to tell David about the call she just received, because he over-heard her while talking with the DPO on phone since it was on speaker.

She urges him to get off the bed, and get prepared since their presence is needed in the police station.

They both spent nearly 42mins in getting set. And went outside almost immediately, as soon as they were done...

Jenifer suggested they go with her car, which has a federal plate number. And David bought the idea.

Okoro hastily opened the gate as they approaches, and in no delay they zoom out of sight...

>POLICE STATION<

Right in the station David was pleased to have back his SUV car, which was his favourite among all his rides.

The keys were hand-overed to him by the DPO, and he was happy to have regained his phone as well;

"Thank you very much sir, without you I don't think I will be privileged to see my old SUV car... Please, just take this little offer I have for you" David muttered and stretches forward to the DPO an envelop which contained some token

"Thanks Mr. David. I want to assure you further that we have gotten a concrete information about the boys who are behind your kidnap, they are presently on the run but no doubt, they can't run forever. As soon as we get them, I will extract any possible information from them and invite you over" The DPO assured

"That will be nice of you, don't hesitate to reach us through the numbers we dropped... I think we have to take our leave" Jenifer said authoritatively

"Okay, bye" The DPO wave at them as they walked out of his office

They both went back home with Jenifer driving her car, while a police officer drove David's newly recovered car. The reason they did it that way, was in case anyone tried attacking them on their way.

A branded joy was seen on their faces, as their eyes always collide.

While Jenifer was focusing on the steering, something pushed David to go through his recovered phone. He picked up the phone which was switched off, and put it on after powering it a little with the car charger.

Immediately the phone finished booting, the icon of different notifications came up. Among which were missed calls and messages.

He went through the missed calls and saw several ones from Vivian, Cynthia, unknown contacts and Kelvin.

David didn't wasted much time in going through the missed calls, when he clicked on the message icon only to find a shocking message from someone familiar...

TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 6:29am On Nov 06, 2016
[b] EPISODE 25

David's hands kept on vibrating, out of shock and disbelief. 
The content of the message sent cold shiver down his spine making his heart to pound like a talking drum, while his forehead was drenched with sweat.

"Game time boy!  I see you're now flitting with my daughter, just know that your end is near... But my simple advise is for you to beware, now that you still have the chance to do so".

That was the content of the message which kept him perplexed, he didn't need a soothsayer to tell him the message came from the Governor. But what he couldn't fathom was the reason why the Governor chooses to threaten him.

He couldn't help but imagine what he must have done to the Governor, or what his parents did to him to have warrant such barbaric treatment and hatred.

Jennifer who had already observed David in his tensed mode, decided not to remain silent but intrude and see what has been eating her man up, ever since he got hold of his phone;

"What is it my bobo?" Jennifer asked with concern well written on her face.

David quickly composed himself and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Nothing dear, is just this stupid mtn of a network deducting my airtime" David replied evasively, while Jennifer scrutinized him.

"Okay" she replied focusing her attention on the road, but she could tell that something is definitely troubling him.

Soon enough they got to the entrance of David's house, horned and drove in...

David was worried deep within, he now have the Governor threatening him. He knew a threat coming from the Governor is not something to joke about.

His thoughts suddenly drafted to Cynthia who he had to make up to, at least ask for forgiveness and return the money he duped her. That alone would soften her heart a little, instead of her thinking on how to repay with evil...

He decided to visit her, knowing fully well that he is taking a great risk visiting the Devil in her domain. But he had to quell the quarrel in other to stay focus in revenging the Governor or rather saving himself from the Governor.

Funny as it may seems, the hunter is now hunted by the bush meat he had eaten which was Cynthia, in other to free himself he had to appease the bush meat.

David calmly walked up to Jennifer, who was seated on the couch glued to the TV set.

"I want to see my Uncle so we can continue our unconcluded discussion, about some business issues" David lied. Although, it's not actually a lie because he planned on visiting his Uncle after Cynthia, or rather he planned on visiting his Uncle if he return back alive from wherever he will be seeing Cynthia.

"Okay, but please don't stay long because I will be bored" Jennifer replied while David nodded and pecked her.

He went outdoor, hoop into his car and drove to Cynthia's house with his heart pounding in fear.

About 30 minute later he got there, he halted the car and alighted from it. He knocked on the gate for some minutes before the gateman responded.

The gateman quickly opened due to the fact that he knows David, because he had seen him with his madam several times, so he didn't hesitated in ushering him in.

"Is your madam in?" David asked as he walked through the gate.

"Yes oga she dey" He replied in pidgin English which was the language they normally speak. Hardly you will see a gateman speaking English, I might be wrong but 75% of them don't speak English when conversing with their boss.

David walked to the entrance door and knocked gently. About 4minutes later, the door flung open and behold Cynthia appeared before him.
She was looking beautiful in her red gown, and was surprised to see David;

"Can I come in?" David asked.

She calmly moved to the side, while David walked in and sat on the couch. Cynthia quickly closed the door and went to sit opposite him, starring at him in disdain.

"What can I do for you?" She  asked in a gruff voice.

"I came to apologise for the pain I have caused you" David stated, starring at Cynthia who bursted into hysterical laughter.

"You think you can just use me and come to apologise. Expecting the foolish me to forgive you?" Cynthia asked in a high pitch voice.

"Please just listen to me" David pleaded

"There is nothing you have to say that will make me forgive you David. You humiliated me, duped me of my money and dumped me like a trash." She whimper. A tear suddenly drop to her eyes and down to her cheek.

"I know I played with your feelings and hurt you emotionally, but please just listen to me. I promise to double the money I owe you, and I mean it. You can chastise me when I am done but please hear me out first" David pleaded for the umpteenth time, tears could be perceptibly seen in his eyes.

He knew he had hurt her badly, but this was the first time he will be crying after the death of his parents..

Cynthia feeling weak after seeing David in tears, gave him a go ahead to talk while David narrated his story in hurry by not excluding any part. He started from how the Governor turned him to a player, how he killed his parents and how he is now threatening his life.

She couldn't help but felt pity for him, thinking about what he must have gone through loosing both parents.

"I will send you your money today or tomorrow, and will double it just as I promise" David said immediately he was done with his story.

"You don't need to double it"
Cynthia replied

"I know money can't solve the problem, but please let me do it" David said while Cynthia suddenly hugged him.

"I forgive you and I wish you well" She said, surprising David with her words.

The young man felt relieved and thanked her before leaving for his Uncle's house, in order for them to discuss the governor's threat and plan their revenge.

TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
I love the story line, keep it up.
Re: Player's Heart by bishop88: 3:52am On Nov 10, 2016
that is nice..keep updating us..I personally love this write up so keep dropping
Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
[b] EPISODE 26

It's quite obvious that David has turned a new leaf (born again) by regretting all he had done in the past, but not everyone could be so plain as he is...

He was so happy that Vivian understood him quite easy and didn't react negatively. But among the both girls whom he broke their hearts recently, Cynthia was the only one that gave him the greatest surprise.

The manner at which she said "I forgive you and wish you well" made him realise that truly 'your worst enemy could be your best friend'... This is someone he knew quite well that tried to assassinate him, but now she has decided to let go.

While on his way to his Uncle's house, he kept on thinking of what else to do. He never wished to make any mistake along the line.

Immediately he got to his Uncle's house, he was told by the house-help that his Uncle went out, but dropped a message that he should wait behind.

Since he wasn't new to the household, he made himself comfortable by serving a particular brand of whisky from the wall bar.

Hastily, he brought out his phone and dialled Vivian's contact. After several attempts, she managed to pickup;

"Good afternoon Vivian" He Whimpered

"Good afternoon, and why are you calling me?" She quarried

"Please dear, it's not what you are thinking. I know you have every reason to be angry but please try and understand me" He beseeched

"Understand the reason why you neglected me and your unborn child right?" She muttered

"I have told you to keep the baby if it's fine by you. To God who made me, I know that child you are carrying is my responsible, and I can never deny that... Please just try to see the whole thing with your Godly mind" David pleaded

"Oh not again.... See David, I am not ready for all this rubbish you call words. What exactly do you want from me?" She annoyingly uttered

"Well, I just want your bank account details and also for you to forgive me" He whined

"Fine, I have heard you... Bye" She didn't bother to wait for him to say any more word, as she angrily ends the call

David was a bit weak after the call ended, he knew Vivian had forgiven him the very first day he opened up everything to her. But the problem she is having now is the pregnancy...

Since he already have Cynthia's account details, he decided to first of all send her the money he collected from her as promised, using mobile money.

Money has never been David's problem, so he didn't had a rethink in sending her double of what he collected. Immediately he was done sending her the cash, he got two received messages.

He checked on the first one, and it was an alert from FIRSTBANK PLC telling him of the cash he sent which has already been debited from his account. He checked the other message and it was from Vivian.

In no time he opened the text thinking she has sent her account number to him too, so he can pay back the money he collected from her. But behold the message entails something different;

"See David! I had no grudge against you or your present relationship... I know you are a good man, and for that reason I am keeping this baby. Don't ever come looking for me because you can never see me again, I am leaving my business in the hands of my cousin to take care of. And if you must know I'll be leaving for Philippine to stay with my elder sister who is currently pregnant also. For the money, you can keep it because it's my responsibility to take care of the man I love... Don't bother calling... Bye"

Analytically the message was plain and clear, but emotionally it was touching...

Well to David, this lady is something different. He couldn't comprehend her decision, because this is the least he could expect.

He was confused on what to text back or say if he happens to have the opportunity. Naturally, something known as 'love' evolved from nowhere after he received Vivian's message.

He instantly dialled her number back, but it was switched off.
Probably, David has fallen for her, but there was nothing he could do when he still have Jenifer as his first choice.

He was still battling with his emotional comparison, when his Uncle steps in...

They had a successful discussion and at the end, David gave him the lady they are to work with phone number and home address. His uncle promised to meet up with her as soon as possible so they can strike...

David got home hoping to meet his beloved future wife, but didn't met her. He checked his garage and discovered her car wasn't parked there.

The innocent looking man became more confused, he hastily rushed inside to check if her clothes were still in his room but they weren't there.

He was about calling her cell phone when he saw a note on the bed. Without wasting seconds, he picked it up;
"My bobo! Sorry I didn't call you before leaving your house. My Dad just called me to come over, saying its very urgent... I will get back immediately I am done with him. I LOVE YOU MY BOBO"

David's brain ignited instantly, he knew the Governor has gotten info about his relationship with Jenifer. Hence, he sent him that threat of a text and now he has decided to spoil Jenifer's mind.

He made up his mind to call her at once, but the call was disallowed by an incoming call from Cynthia.

He knew Cynthia has gotten an alert about the money he sent her, so he decided to end her call and dialled Jenifer's number which was the main issue at hand.

His effort to call Jenifer was stopped again by Cynthia's call, which he decided to take at last...

TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by princessadeola(f): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2016
I pray every thing works out well for u David
Re: Player's Heart by Escapevelocity(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2016
This story is captivating kudos 4 ya
Re: Player's Heart by bishop88: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
nice work..kudos boy..keep it up
Re: Player's Heart by oluwatosin070: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
I love this... keep it up... and ehm, come and finish what you have started...
Re: Player's Heart by Missmossy(f): 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
Keep it coming. More updates biko.

2 Likes

Re: Player's Heart by eliboy92(m): 8:52am On Nov 12, 2016
[b] EPISODE 27

David had no choice than to take the persistent call;
"Hey David! Thanks, I just received an alert " Cynthia spoke on the other end..

"I should be the one thanking you for accepting my appeal, and also giving me the opportunity to redeem myself" David replied

"Don't worry David, I believe you will succeed in your plan but just be careful, you know the person you are threading with is the Governor. I will also see what I can do to help" Cynthia said with concern well written on her voice.

"Thanks, and for sure I will be very careful" David replied before ending the call.

He called Jennifer again, and this time it rang but she didn't pick. He tried her number continuously but all to no avail...

He finally gave up and lay on the bed where he drafted to a dreamless slumber.

>THE GOVERNOR'S LODGE<

Jennifer could be seen seated on the couch, she was waiting for her Dad who called her that he wanted to see her. She would have rebuff it and be with David, but couldn't since her Father told her it was urgent. 

Mr Emmanuel who was dressed in a native attire walked into the living room,  he was holding a glass of champagne and a bottle of vodka.

He poured the contents into the glass cup that was on the centre table, and handed it to his daughter;

"Thanks Dad! I don't feel like drinking" Jennifer refused politely, while his Dad sat on the couch facing her.

Two military men who positioned like some body-guards, could be seen standing in his left and right hand side;

"Leave us!" He said in a commanding tone, while they left immediately.

"Why the sudden call Dad?" Jennifer asked getting Impatient.

"How well do you know David?" Mr Emmanuel asked, surprising Jennifer with his words.

"David! How come you know about him?" She replied, staring at her Dad.

"I asked you a question and demand an answer, not a question in return" Mr. Emmanuel complained in a gruff voice.

"I know enough that will make me Marry him" She answered evasively.

"Why are you asking about him?" She asked further.

"I don't want to see you with that rascal" He ordered, surprising Jennifer once again.

"And why that?" Jennifer asked getting irritated by her father's command.

"David's Father wronged me and the last thing I want is having his son as my in-law, I want you to stop anything you are having with him, I don't want to see you with him again" Mr Emmanuel replied in a command tone while his daughter stared at him in disbelief.

"I don't know what problem you once had with his parents and I don't even want to know because it's none of my business, but I am getting married with David. I love him and nothing would stop me from marrying him" Jennifer fired at her Dad, she stood up and was about taking her leave.

"David Father killed your mother" Mr. Emmanuel said while Jennifer halted and stared at him in awe.

Mr Emmanuel knew getting her daughter not to mingle with David would not be easy so he had to put in place plan B in case plan A fails. He would opt for plan B which he is currently doing,  now he had to fabricate a story to make his daughter to concede to his request.

"You told me, Mum died in a ghastly motor accident. How did David's Dad killed my mother again?" Jennifer asked sounding perplexed while Mr Emmanuel heaved sigh of relief.

Although Jenifer didn't know what happened to her mother because she was not in Nigeria when she passed away, she spent most of her life in UK schooling.

"Your mother was assassinated here, I saw the assassins. I was quick enough to have cheated death, David Father actually came for me, he planned on killing me but I was quick enough to have evade the bullets. I went to urinate in the bathroom when the assassins came to my room, they thought I was the one sleeping on the bed not knowing it was your mother,  they shot her thinking it was me. Immediately they shot her, they removed the blanket and to their dismay it was a wrong target. I heard them whispering to themselves that it was the wrong person they shot, I immediately alerted my security guards while the assassins flee to the thin air" Mr Emmanuel explained shocking her daughter with his revelation.

"How are you sure it was David's Father that sent them" Jennifer asked.

"Come on, me and Mr. Azuka were both contesting for governorship election and I was having a upper hand in the election. He planned on assassinating me in order to emerge as the winner, but he failed. You see that's why I don't want the blood of Mr. Azuka as my inlaw" Mr Emmanuel explained further while Jennifer was dumbfounded, she couldn't believe David Father was responsible for her mother's death, especially when she knew quite well that this is another story she is hearing about her mother's death. Her Mother was the one person she loved most, even more than her Dad.

She was in a quandary if she should concede to her Father's request by not marrying David, or she should marry the man who made her heart beat softly.

The only man she had ever loved was David, when it comes to true Love. She was totally perplexed on the decision to take.
TO BE CONTINUED... [/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Becomes First African To Speak At Yale’s Class Day / Differences Between Anglophone And Francophone Writers / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.