Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) (14685 Views)

/ Jumoke Verissimo Celebrates Her 37th Birthday Today / Need A Writer For An Animated Web Series. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by barackodam: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
LeMubs:

No,it is not an explicit Story. It is purely a romance fiction.

okay ma'am.... smiley
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Evakinqz: 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Seriously LeMubs, lemme tank yu specially for inviting me all the way from ma beloved sexuality section to this beautiful section of good stories....

To the story now:: you really good at wat yu do, just keep the story going nd yu will definitely get more inspiring comments from me...

You r good smiley
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by damsel14(f): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
Following
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 8:36am On Sep 18, 2016
Evakinqz:
Seriously LeMubs, lemme tank yu specially for inviting me all the way from ma beloved sexuality section to this beautiful section of good stories....

To the story now:: you really good at wat yu do, just keep the story going nd yu will definitely get more inspiring comments from me...

You r good smiley

*WideGrin Thank you dear
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by smokeydrinky: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2016
LeMubs:

*WideGrin Thank you dear

When are you going to update Na?
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2016
smokeydrinky:

When are you going to update Na?

I update on Mondays and Wednesdays So keep it crossed and check this space tomorrow.
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Hurklan(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2016
Present !!! Eniqurl, come oo
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Eniqurl(f): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2016
Hurklan:
Present !!! Eniqurl, come oo
oshey baddest!
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2016
DIARYOFAJUMOKE #5

Five Years Back

"Babe I really miss you and I want you so bad"
"Noka I miss you too. But I really need to talk to you". I answered in a very tired voice.

I had been feeling funny for the past one week. I wake up almost every day with a dizzy spell. That morning I had decided to confirm my fears by having a urine test.

The result I got threw me off balance. I discovered that I was pregnant. My mind was in deep turmoil.

What was I going to do?

I was so confused that I called my boyfriend Noka to tell him that I was pregnant. But when he picked the call and I heard his fruity voice at the other end of the phone, the words got stuck in my mouth.

All I could manage to tell him was that we needed to talk very urgently. He agreed and promised to pay me a visit the following weekend.

Noka was a guy I met when I traveled to Abuja to visit an uncle. He was in his mid-twenties and a bit older than I was. He was handsome, light skinned, with a tawny physique and an impressive athletic feature.

We met at the cinema, started talking and we ended up making love on our second date. Since then we had been sweethearts. I fell madly in love with him.

We met during his NYSC and he was stationed at Abuja. He didn't go into much detail about his life, but he told me that his father was an Urhobo man and his mother an American.

He said they both live outside the country but they come to Nigeria occasionally. He also told me that he was likely to travel out of the country too, after his youth service. He had promised heaven and earth and I was so gullible then that I believed he was my knight in shining armor.

As he had promised, he arrived in my school that weekend. We had fun, went to the pool to swim and we ended up lodging at a hotel later that night.

I was still a bit scared. I didn't know how to relate the news to him. So we had slept that night with me holding the news till the next day.

We had an early breakfast the following morning because he was leaving as early as possible.

I couldn't eat.

The rice we had ordered smelled like raw egg and all I wanted to do was throw up. He noticed my clumsiness but I told him I was feeling a bit feverish.

He was all set to go and he drew me up from where I was sitting and enveloped me in a tight hug while he planted wet kisses on my face.

"I'll miss you sugar bush" he had said in a modulated voice.

I knew I had to tell him now or I'll never be able to tell him again.

"Noka, I have something to tell you"
"I am pregnant" I finally said in a quivering voice.

The smile on his face disappeared.

"Jummy, you are what?" he had asked in a very worried tone.

At that moment, I wished the ground would open and swallow me up.

"How? When?” He asked.
“What are you going to do about it?"

I couldn't believe my ears.

"I can't abort it. I am scared" I answered.

He dropped my hand instantly.

"Jumoke, I don't have time for this" he had said in a shrilled voice that sent shivers down my spine.

Before I could say more, he bolted out of the room, leaving me all by myself.

That was the last time I saw him - the last time I heard from him. He had walked away from my life, leaving me to bear the burden myself.

My mother was devastated when she heard the news. We had both cried our eyes out. She expected more from me and I had disappointed her.

My Father died when I was just ten years old and since then she has been trying her possible best to give me a good education.

We were not rich, but she had always given me full financial support with her petty trade. I had dreams also. I had an ambition.

I was going to be an Economist; a very successful one. And I was so close to realizing that dream. I was in my 200L in school already. And now the pregnancy was threatening to shatter my dreams.

I had resolved to make the best out of my predicament. I was going to pull through no matter what it takes.

Few months after I gave birth to my baby, my mother's shop was razed to the ground. Not a single thing remained.

Things began to fall apart. I had to man up and take up the responsibility of feeding myself, my mother and my 5 months old baby.

So in my 300L, I joined the clique of call girls in school. Don't blame me, I had no other choice or else I'll just drown in poverty.

Money began to roll in from all angles and by the time I was on my youth service, I had bought a house for my mother and my child.

The life I was leaving was tempting though so I had continued my "business" after university and stopping was the last thing on my mind. I had promised myself that I would be independent and I would never let any man take advantage of me again.
Present

I was still busy cuddling my daughter when my mother appeared from my room.

The shock on my face was evident.

"Maami e kaaro" [Mom, good morning] I greeted not knowing what else to say. I had not seen her and my daughter for the past 8 months.

She looked different, a bit older.

She walked towards the couch and answered my greeting with a nod. I knew I was in for trouble because she looked upset.

"Ma, why didn't you call me before coming? I could have come over to pick you" I added knowing fully that last statement was a big lie. If she had called, I would have lied about being out of town or busy.

She sat on the couch without answering. I sensed something fishy was going on so I told Arianna to go inside my room.

"Maami ki lo sele?" [Mom what happened?] I inquired.

"Why are you doing this to your daughter?"
"You left her all these past months without a single visit"
"What kind of mother are you!?" she thundered.

I felt a rush of emotions as she spoke and I was trying hard not to cry. I knew I had neglected my daughter, but I had my reasons. I was working my head off to give her a good life. I had been so busy.

"She was pulling tantrums"
"She wanted to see you badly"
"So I had no other choice but to bring her here".
"And after what happened yesterday, she started asking questions"

I was alarmed.

"What happened?" I inquired in a worried tone.

My mum sighted heavily and shifted on her sit.

"Adejumoke..."

Wait! She just called my name in full. Whenever she does that some serious banters was about to follow.

My heart skipped a million beats.

"Noka came looking for you" she said finally.

I felt like punching someone.

"Noka did what?"
"How did he find me?"
"What does he want?" I asked angrily.

I was pacing up and down now.

"He just appeared with his oyinbo mother"
"I asked who he was and he introduced himself as Noka" she continued.
"He prostrated and was begging me with tears".
"Your daughter witnessed the whole thing"
"She has not allowed me a moment of peace since then".

I was in another world already - the world where I was planning a million ways to kill Noka if I ever lay my eyes on him. I was not going to allow that beast get close to my daughter. She’s mine and mine alone.

The doorbell jolted me out of my thought.

"Who the hell is that?" I blurted out angrily.

I dashed toward the door as if to give the person there a beating of his/her life. I could really be over dramatic when I was angry

I pulled the door opened and I was transfixed.

"Please kill me already" I thought.

Today is really going to be a long day"

"Good morning Jumoke" he said in his regular baritone voice.

"Hi" was the only thing I could manage to say.

Dapo Badejo was standing in front of me life and direct. I must be dreaming.
*NYSC - An acronym for National Youth Service Corps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Morning and happy new week.
Don't just read,please a comment will be appreciated;don't forget to mention someone too.
Thanks
#BlessUp.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Hurklan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Next plz, lovely update

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Eniqurl(f): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice one.. Till Wednesday ah sad

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2016
Cc Ishilove
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by bettycullens: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
ride on

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Tobadein(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
LeMubs:
Still Mentioning: Tobadein
Thanks for the mention, hope I've not missed any intriguing episodes?

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2016
Tobadein:
Thanks for the mention, hope I've not missed any intriguing episodes?

Nah,you are right on time. We are just getting started.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2016
DIARYOFAJUMOKE #6

The look on Shade's face was priceless when she entered the living room and found Dapo Badejo sitting right there. She had been sleeping when he arrived.

After staring at him for what seems like ages at the door, I finally invited him in and he was sitting comfortably on my favorite couch. I wanted to ask him like a million questions. One of which was how he got to know where I was living. Noka's issue was laid to rest for a while as the anger I was feeling earlier had dissolved into something I couldn't understand.

"Dapo, this is my mum" I introduced.

I was actually expecting him to do a casual "Good Morning Ma"

But to my surprise, he dropped his phone and did a full Yoruba greeting by prostrating. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ekaaro Mummy" [Good morning ma] he greeted.

"Kaaro oko mi" [Morning my dear] my mum replied with a wide smile and a face that showed she was making up funny ideas.

"I hope she won't start one of her long marriage lectures later" I thought.

"Jumoke, I'll be in the room" Mum said and left, giving me and Dapo privacy.

"Erm, how did you locate me" I asked, not knowing what else to say.

"I have a friend living close by"
"And I was visiting"
"I was on my way out when I saw you"
"You were still wearing the same cloth from yesterday, so it wasn't so hard recognizing you" he pointed with a mischievous grin.

I shifted on my seat. His remark about me still wearing the cloth from yesterday made me slightly uncomfortable. I studied his face from the corner of my eyes. He had a plump round face and I couldn't help but notice his pink lips. I was fighting the urge to grab and kiss it.

We chatted for a while after he caught me staring at him and I covered up my embarrassment by offering him a glass of fruit juice.

He was fun to talk with and we chatted as though we've been friends for a very long time.

"I think I should be on my way now" he said out of the blues.
“I have to be in Abuja by noon" he added.

I gave a curtly nod and smiled nervously. His presence was somehow giving me goose bumps. I didn't know if it was because of the fact that he was a celebrity or because I was crushing head over heels on him.

I followed him all the way to the gate like a lost puppy.

"What on earth is wrong with you Adejumoke!" I asked myself silently and gave myself a mild knock.

I was really acting out around this guy.

He asked if we could exchange contacts and I gave him my phone number while he did the same.

"See you soon Barbie" he said jovially as he brought his car engine to life and zoomed off.

I found myself fantasizing on how to nail him the next time we meet. His cute pink lip was just too sexy to ignore.

The loud buzz of my phone woke me up. I had crashed in Shade's room immediately Dapo left. I picked the phone to check who was calling but I couldn't recognize the number. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and I was about to continue my peaceful sleep when the phone rang again.

"Hi, who goes there??" I said into the phone, slightly irritated.

I really hated being disturbed when I sleep.

"Omalicha my pretty baby"
"How are you dear?" the caller asked.

I was lost for a while.

"Who is this alien calling my phone?" I thought.

Then my brain booted and I picked the Igbo accent. I had totally forgotten about this gaped tooth man. Chief Ike or whatever his name was.

But wait, I didn't remember giving him my contact.

"Hello Chief, good afternoon"
"I hope you are okay?" I asked.

Few seconds passed without him saying a word, he seemed to be struggling with what to say.

"Biko, Ada send me your account number, let me furnish it" he said finally.

I busted out in laughter. Did he just say he wanted to furnish my account??
Is that even English at all??

"I want to make you happy baby" he added.

"I'll send it very soon Chief. Thanks for the kind gesture".

"You are always welcomed Omalicha"
"Biko keep that face smiling" he replied and the line went dead.

This man should stop calling me these silly Igbo names abegi. I thought I told him my name. If he wanted to furnish my whole life I'll let him. It is not kuku my money.

Meanwhile, Freddy had been calling me ever since. It seemed he was craving for a delicacy from the honey pot; nothing good comes easy though. I won't just throw myself at him like a cheap girl. He would have to beg me with something big. A new car would do or maybe a trip out of the country. I yawned lazily and sat up in bed. Mr Ibu or was it Chief Ike had disturbed my journey to dreamland.

I was about stepping into the kitchen when I heard the doorbell.

I walked lazily towards the door and answered it before the bell rang the second time. Standing at the door was Mike's chauffeur and a lady who I couldn't recognize.

She was holding the most beautiful evening gown I had ever seen in my life.

"Good day madam. Oga talk say make we deliver this gown to you"
"Him also talk say make you get ready by 6pm"
"I go come carry you" he said.

I couldn't help but admire his Warri inspired Pidgin.

"Dude must be from the creeks" I thought while I gestured to the lady to hand over the gown.

I had to think of a way to steal out of the house without my mum's knowledge. I don't want her asking questions about where I was going.

*abegi – please
*kuku – none
*Omalicha – sweetheart
*Oga – boss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to read and drop your comments...
All ye ghost readers.....I see you. *winks
Love you all to the moon and back....xoxoxoxo
#BlessUp.

6 Likes

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by yomiq(m): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Nice job... May the nib of your pen never dry.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by laddybay(f): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
i really really luv it tongue
more grease to your elbow wink tongue

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
yomiq:
Nice job... May the nib of your pen never dry.

Amen thanks dear
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
laddybay:
i really really luv it tongue more grease to your elbow wink tongue

Thanks ....glad you love it.
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by zelaws: 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
LeMubs, Thanks for the mention. Following....

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
zelaws:
LeMubs, Thanks for the mention. Following....

UW boss
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
LeMubs:
Still Mentioning CC muyex1 roundandbrown hamid30 horpe132 olasha1 gbishancomedian ambitiousLord Umsel5195 shoyemiayodeji Evakinqz Hurklan supernet4 ZeusAlmighty LouisVanGaal bdauran VikingsOO7 tobadein babydecency2 vickkydgreat Afz9095
*in Superman's mode* ∆ jumps and land into thread add super glue to my seat∆

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
Umsel5195:
*in Superman's mode* ∆ jumps and land into thread add super glue to my seat∆

Lol. Osheyy Jumping Eagle. Ya welcome.
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Tobadein(m): 11:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
Abegi! It's not only Jumoke's account that should be furnished o, my account isn't exempted too...
Nice one LeMubs ...

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Evakinqz: 4:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Tobadein:
Abegi! It's not only Jumoke's account that should be furnished o, my account isn't exempted too...
Nice one LeMubs ...
seriously mine needs renovation self cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2016
Tobadein:
Nice one LeMubs ...

Lol..
Keep calm....your "furnishing" cometh
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2016
Evakinqz:
seriously mine needs renovation self cheesy

Hehehe
Nothing is impossible
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
*ClearsThroat
Its #MentionFriday abi what should we call it??
So here is the plan I post on Mondays and Wednesdays and Mention monikers on Fridays *Shines teeth...
Hope I won't be stepping on toes (ie anti spam box)
Lalasticlala my fav. Mod .....don't let em dash me ban.

CC
Donpoker9
BiafraBushBoy
Maxi112
bibijay123
Emperorlee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
Kelechi2020
Lordscent
rosalieene
Sexytemi
Vicoch
Desnat
Horlorlardaey
naniawini
olatex25
MrsExplorer
Oyinprince
ysadiq
Mrlemuel
FlordFlorex
ritababe
TheBlessedMAN
SmartestPopQUEEN,
cherrybrown
bamirade
mindfrick

Rajesh
totalhouse
Afz9095
Blessinzy

Come and read what we are reading.....hugs and kilzez (-_-)
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by EmperorLee(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs:
*ClearsThroat
Its #MentionFriday abi what should we call it??
So here is the plan I post on Mondays and Wednesdays and Mention monikers on Fridays *Shines teeth...
Hope I won't be stepping on toes (ie anti spam box)
Lalasticlala my fav. Mod .....don't let em dash me ban.

CC
Donpoker9
BiafraBushBoy
Maxi112
bibijay123
Emperorlee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
Kelechi2020
Lordscent
rosalieene
Sexytemi
Vicoch
Desnat
Horlorlardaey
naniawini
olatex25
MrsExplorer
Oyinprince
ysadiq
Mrlemuel
FlordFlorex
ritababe
TheBlessedMAN
SmartestPopQUEEN,
cherrybrown
bamirade
mindfrick

Rajesh
totalhouse
Afz9095
Blessinzy

Come and read what we are reading.....hugs and kilzez (-_-)

Fine girl grin You called me kwanu?

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2016
EmperorLee:

Fine girl grin You called me kwanu?
undecided
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by EmperorLee(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2016
DESNAT:
undecided

This one police me reach here ni sha undecided. I cast you out of this fine thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy / Nneka Arimah Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize / Oluchi (birthday Special)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.