Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) (14672 Views)

/ Jumoke Verissimo Celebrates Her 37th Birthday Today / Need A Writer For An Animated Web Series. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2016
EmperorLee:

Fine girl grin You called me kwanu?
undecided
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs I appreciate,I'll follow asap....more grace.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs:
*ClearsThroat
Its #MentionFriday abi what should we call it??
So here is the plan I post on Mondays and Wednesdays and Mention monikers on Fridays *Shines teeth...
Hope I won't be stepping on toes (ie anti spam box)
Lalasticlala my fav. Mod .....don't let em dash me ban.

CC
Donpoker9
BiafraBushBoy
Maxi112
bibijay123
Emperorlee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
Kelechi2020
Lordscent
rosalieene
Sexytemi
Vicoch
Desnat
Horlorlardaey
naniawini
olatex25
MrsExplorer
Oyinprince
ysadiq
Mrlemuel
FlordFlorex
ritababe
TheBlessedMAN
SmartestPopQUEEN,
cherrybrown
bamirade
mindfrick

Rajesh
totalhouse
Afz9095
Blessinzy

Come and read what we are reading.....hugs and kilzez (-_-)
alright mate... Queenliz is here now...

Lets give a call to those Hero gems... Shall we?

Tgold1, Rohy, Theblessedman, Mrlemuel, Spikedawson, PamelB, and Aob1. Guys yhur attentions are needed HERE...

Ride on Mate.. Have gat yhur back... *winks*

3 Likes

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2016
cheesy LeMubs,i appreciate.i will follow asap...more grace.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2016
EmperorLee:

This one police me reach here ni sha undecided. I cast you out of this fine thread.
grin I go wankk you fa.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by smokeydrinky: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2016
Im oLiver Twist, ders no shame in asking for more. This your 2 times a week no dey doo me i swear...... And thats because Im really enjoying the story.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2016
EmperorLee:

Fine girl grin You called me kwanu?

I did.....Welcome ....hope you brought your mat? You'll be sleeping here from now ('-')

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:

Tgold1, Rohy, Theblessedman, Mrlemuel, Spikedawson, PamelB, and Aob1. Guys yhur attentions are needed HERE...

Ya welcome Ma'am
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2016
smokeydrinky:
Im oLiver Twist, ders no shame in asking for more. This your 2 times a week no dey doo me i swear...... And thats because Im really enjoying the story.

Keep calm Oga...
Thanks for reading
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Donpoker9(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2016
thanks for the mention, op...following!

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2016
DESNAT:
cheesy LeMubs,i appreciate.i will follow asap...more grace.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by totalhouse(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs:
*ClearsThroat
So here is the plan I post on Mondays and Wednesdays and Mention monikers on Fridays *Shines teeth...

CC
Donpoker9
BiafraBushBoy
Maxi112
bibijay123
Emperorlee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
Kelechi2020
Lordscent
rosalieene
Sexytemi
Vicoch
Desnat
Horlorlardaey
naniawini
olatex25
MrsExplorer
Oyinprince
ysadiq
Mrlemuel
FlordFlorex
ritababe
TheBlessedMAN
SmartestPopQUEEN,
cherrybrown
bamirade
mindfrick

Rajesh
totalhouse
Afz9095
Blessinzy

Op thanks for the mention... Following

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by PamelB(f): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:

present ma'am

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by TheBlessedMAN: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:

*in a little boy, wey dey narrate film to his colleague's Voice..*

ghen ghen! Na in Theblessedman just show.... (looking around with eyes closed) Oya where is the Official waiter of this Thread?

(waiter shows his super ugly face,) how cum u kon Ugly like sin? Ahah? Dem dash u diz ugliness ni abi u inherit am?.. (waiter confused) ok.. No worry, just get me enough super glue, make we pour am 4 all diz Seats. So dat, anybody wey sit down 4 here to read diz super story, no go fit comot again... U are discharged like Sh!t..

Ride on Lady... U've got my attention, and am nt collecting it bak, anytime soon.

4 Likes

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by TheBlessedMAN: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs:
*ClearsThroat

CC
Donpoker9
BiafraBushBoy
Maxi112
bibijay123
Emperorlee
OluwabuqqyYOLO
Kelechi2020
Lordscent
rosalieene
Sexytemi
Vicoch
Desnat
Horlorlardaey
naniawini
olatex25
MrsExplorer
Oyinprince
ysadiq
Mrlemuel
FlordFlorex
ritababe
TheBlessedMAN
SmartestPopQUEEN,
cherrybrown
bamirade
mindfrick

Rajesh
totalhouse
Afz9095
Blessinzy

following... Dear

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
TheBlessedMAN:
following... Dear

Welcome on board.
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Donpoker9(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
nice one LeMubs, you write very well.
I love the concept of the story, ride on....
#expectingmore

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
interesting piece.I'm following

2 Likes

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Evakinqz: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
LeMubs:

Hehehe
Nothing is impossible
I believe

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Cutiekatty: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Please continue the story,I can't wait to read it all.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Maxi112: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
lemubs thanks for the mention

sorry for the late reply, I was banned for a while now. am back now

fill free to mention me anytime cool

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Maxi112:
lemubs thanks for the mention

sorry for the late reply, I was banned for a while now. am back now

fill free to mention me anytime cool

Welcome on board dear

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Maxi112: 11:09am On Sep 25, 2016
LeMubs:

Welcome on board dear
thanks dear!
hope you having a great day?
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Maxi112:
thanks dear!
hope you having a great day?

Sure I am
Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2016
DIARY OF A JUMOKE #7

"Musa,where your Oga?" I inquired.

I was at Freddy's house. I had called him but he refused to pick up. Even his gate man doesn't seem to know his whereabouts and the silly guy had been calling me all this while. Now that I needed his help, he was nowhere to be found.

The guy's sugar daddy game was just decreasing bit by bit.

"E be like say Oga Fred talk say him won go pick madam" his gate man said.

"Madam keh? Who is madam?" I asked a bit confused.

Instead of answering, the gate man just shrugged.

I walked towards his front porch. Even if he had gone to the moon, I was going to sit and wait for him.

The previous day had been a hit actually. Mike made reservations at a Chinese restaurant around town and he made sure we ordered almost all the dishes available. It seems he had planned to stuff me with food. We started with the sweet and sour pork and switched to the Gong Bao chicken and then the Mapu tofu to the Wontons.

I couldn't even pronounce the name of most of the dishes.

By the time we finished eating, I was feeling as if I had swallowed a whale.

That didn't stop me from showing my gratitude for the gift he had sent to me though. I pounced on him like a tiger the instant we got into his apartment. Dude wasn't expecting the move.

I undressed him like a pro, blindfolded him and tied his hands to the bed post. Oga Spartacus was chanting "Ohhhhlaaahlahhh" all through the show down. I showed him the real definition of freaky.

I won't be there waiting for Freddy if not for the call I received from my mother. She called to inform me of her plan to leave with Arianna later in the evening.

I was surprised when she didn't ask where I was. Shade must have covered me up. That girl was bae [Before Anyone Else].

I was feeling a bit bad because they were leaving so soon. I could not even spend quality time with my daughter and now that I don't have a car, how was I supposed to take them back home?

Making them take public transport was not even an option. For that reason, I decided to see Freddy. I wanted my car back already.

I had been sitting in his porch for like two straight hours and just when I was thinking he was never going to show up, his red SUV pulled into the compound.

I didn't see the woman with him until the car moved closer. Freddy sighted me and I saw the shock that was spreading all over his face.

"What is wrong with this one?" I thought.

The lady with him looked like she was in her late thirties. She was tall, thin and had a model like frame.
She could have passed for Rukky. They were both really thin, except that she was more beautiful. Her cheek bone was on fleek.

And I should also mention that she was a "Latino".

"This must be the madam Musa was referring to" I thought.

A small boy about seven years old was also with the pair. He had Freddy's face written all over him.

Even before being told, I did the math. The Latino must be Freddy's wife and the Mini-Latino [Half-caste],his son.

To be honest, I didn't care one bit. I was just his sugar baby after all. All I wanted was my freaking car.

"Hello Jumoke" he said in a shaky voice as he neared me.

The fool just called me Jumoke! What happened to all those pet names?

Oh I forgot, anty-fresh-Puna-Latino was around. Alaye had to act like a gentleman.

Next thing I knew he faced the Lady and said "Neesha, meet my cousin"

"Jumoke, this is Neesha, my wife"
"And Sam my little simba"

Mayweather's hammer blow could not have flattened me out like his statement just did. I flashed a cute smile at the lady and she smiled back.

"I’ve been shagging your husband, sister" I thought.

This guy is funny sha. What's my own with your wife abi the Mufasa son you have?

I was highly irritated.

"Freddy, I need to pick up my car"
"Can you hand over the key" I demanded.

He flashed me a smile full of gratitude. It seemed he wasn't expecting the calm way I handled the situation. He called Musa to pack some luggage into the house while he led his wife and son in and I waited impatiently outside.

He was back in no time with the key to the Range. He handed the key over to me and to my surprise he also added a cheque of five hundred thousand naira.

I collected the cheque and smiled. I covered the distance between us and gave him a passionate kiss.

"You are not getting off that easily" I said and walked towards the garage to pick my car.

I was actually hoping his wife would catch a view of the kiss.

I was home in time to pick up my mum and Ariana. Mike would not be needing my company for a while so I was going to sleep over at my mum's and then come back home the following day.

I was hoping to spend more time with my daughter. The poor thing doesn't even know me well enough.

It was late when we arrived at my mum's and I was too tired to even eat. I just took my bath, engaged my daughter in a conversation for a while and before I knew what was happening I had fallen asleep.

Arianna's gentle tap was what woke me up the following day.

"Mum, grandma said you should come" she said in a singsong voice.

I rubbed my eyes sleepily, gave her a kiss on the forehead and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I was hearing voices. It seemed some people were in the house.

"Who could be visiting so early in the morning" I thought as I picked my bathrobe and wore it over my pajamas.

I stepped into the living room and I went into a trance. Standing there was Noka and an elderly lady who I presumed was his mum. I was stunned into silence.

After leaving me for six years he just appeared out of nowhere. Am I supposed to run into his waiting hands or what?

I couldn't move, so I just stood there looking like a dummy. He moved closer to where I was, with an apologetic look on his face.

He tried to touch me. That was when my anger surfaced.

Without thinking I gave him an epic slap and the look on his face was priceless. I was not satisfied so I gave him another resounding one. I felt so pissed that I wished I could knock out his jaw.

Not knowing what else to do, I turned back and made for my room. Arianna was standing right behind me with a white face. I could swear she was terrified. The little thing had just watched me delivered two hot slaps in quick succession to a guy whom she would soon find out was her Dad.

I carried her, wrapped my hands around her with this "if them born you well, come touch am" [if you’ve got the guts, come for her] face and bolted into my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ...
COMMENT
Happy new week beautiful people.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Donpoker9(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2016
nice descriptive prowess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by smokeydrinky: 8:41am On Sep 26, 2016
Lemubs, did I tell you I hate thursdays Fridays Saturdays and sundays? I hate Tuesdays Too but not as much as I hate the others because Atleast I have Wednesdays to look forward to grin

Thanks for this update.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
smokeydrinky:
Lemubs, did I tell you I hate thursdays Fridays Saturdays and sundays? I hate Tuesdays Too but not as much as I hate the others because Atleast I have Wednesdays to look forward to grin

Thanks for this update.

Lol funny you.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
Donpoker9:
nice descriptive prowess.

Thanks dear See ya around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Hurklan(m): 5:20am On Sep 27, 2016
Chai, till wednesday i guess...

1 Like

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by LeMubs(f): 8:26am On Sep 28, 2016
•DIARY OF A JUMOKE #8

I lay sprawled across the bed wearing only a bum short and an alter neck. Arianna was pulling my weave frantically in an effort to style my hair. It was painful, but I allowed her.

The little thing seems to be having fun. From the corner of my eye, I noticed the notification light on my BlackBerry was blinking. I picked it up and saw that a text message had came in.

In my mind I thought it was one of those "If you want to be happy, send 1 to 3205" messages MTN was always sending.

I opened it and saw that it was a credit alert. The amount I saw made me gasp for air. Someone had transferred a whooping sum of 1.5 million naira into my account.

I guessed that was why Mr Ibu (make that Chief Ike) had been calling me nonstop for some hours now. I allowed his calls to ring off the hook. I was not ready to let him engage me in one of his boring tales.

Really, that man can talk for Africa. He promised he would "furnish" my account and he actually "furnished" it to the fullest. He deserved an Oscar.

"Awwwhhhh! Arianna you are going to pull off my scalp. Oya please leave it. Its fine already" I pleaded.

She examined the hair and she seemed pleased with what she had done.

"Lemme go and bring grandma's mirror" she said in her regular singsong voice and raced out of the room.

I decided to see the mess she left on my head as I fetched my makeup bag and removed a mirror. My reflection made me roar with laughter.

Even the witch of Oz doesn't have a thing on me.

I had been very close to my daughter these few hours after Noka's resurfacing from God-knows-where. When I saw him earlier, I felt thousands of unexplainable emotions rushing through me.
My heart was beating so fast I thought it would bust open. All this while and I still felt that way for him. I was furious though. I would rather die than allow him back or even allow him touch my child.

My mother instincts had been resurrected.

I was having a strong urge to go clubbing to get his selfish ass off my mind. No sob stories abeg. Hitting Club 44 was the first item on my to do list.

And come to think about it, I had been considering letting Chief Ike into the honeypot too. That was the best way I could appreciate him for his kind "furnishing" gesture.

And there was Dapo again,

"I really still wanna kiss him" I thought with a mischievous smile on my face.
•••••••••••••••••

"Is she asleep?" I whispered silently.

Arianna had been tailing me since forever and I had to wait until she fell asleep before leaving.

I was sure she would cry her eyes out when she wakes up and discovers that I had left.

"Jumoke wa joko" [Jumoke, have a seat]
"We need to talk about something before you leave" my Mum said.

I sighed loudly. This was one of those reasons why I always shy away from visiting her. Her long talks about life and all could squeeze life out of a living person.

I had no choice this time or else I won't hear the end of the matter
"That guy I saw with you the other day...." I didn't allow her to finish, I knew where the whole issue was going.

"Mummy, Dapo and I barely know each other"
"Please don't start this marriage talk. Please" I interrupted.

I knew my mum; she would never back down. She pretended as if she didn't hear what I just said and continued.

"It doesn't matter oko mi."[my dear]
"You people can start from somewhere"
"I can see he is a nice and cultured boy" she continued.

"Okay Mum, I've heard you"

I had to agree with her if I wanted the matter to be laid to rest.

And just when I was thinking I had gotten off the hook, she dropped the bombshell.

"I think you should forgive Noka"
"He realized his mistake and came begging".

I have had enough!

I stood up, picked my bag and gestured that I was ready to go.

Before she could think of composing another speech on how I was supposed to be a responsible woman, I dashed out towards my car and I entered with the speed of light.

"I'll call you when I get home" I said and zoomed off without waiting for her to reply.

"Who is this person that parked in my spot" I yelled angrily to no one in particular.

I arrived at my house and helped myself with the gate only to discover that a black Camry was in my spot and there was no more parking spaces in the compound. I had to leave my car outside.

I rang the doorbell and Shade answered it, only for me to enter the house and find her witch friend Tega sitting on the couch as if she owed the house.

Sitting beside her was Sam, Freddy's Latino son. The bit*h had brought the child to spite me.

I mouthed an unfriendly hi to her and she reciprocated my unfriendliness by keeping mute.

I'm still gonna bitch slap that silly brat one day.

I dropped my bag and pretended as if I didn't see the boy.

"Shade, is there food in this house?"
"I am starving" I asked with a yawn.

"Yes babe, check the microwave" she answered.

Without wasting time, I walked briskly to the kitchen to fetch my food.

"Sam really looks like Freddy"
"They have the same nose" Tega said loud enough for me to hear.

"This girl is really foolish" I said to myself.
"His skin is nice too"

"I hope he doesn't follow your footstep and bleach in future" I chipped in.

The words hit her like a brick. Bit*h wasn't expecting it. I gave her an obvious side eye, picked my bag and went straight into my room.

Few minutes later I was dressed in a jumpsuit, ready to hit Club 44. I couldn't stand the presence of the silly girl for one more minute. She should better be gone when I come back.

Rukky was in a middle of a lap dance when I got to the club. If I was the man she was entertaining I would be praying fervently that one of her bones should not detach and drill a hole on my face.

*SideEyes

I saw a couple of friends and I sat with them, a bottle of booze in hand. I was planning to get high.

I had been dancing for a while and then decided to take a break when I noticed someone was standing behind me.
I turned and there was Noka!!!

There goes my new stalker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its Wednesday ........
Please
Read
Comment
And the ghost readers .....let's see your real face nau...
God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ••• Diary Of A Jumoke(a Web Series) by Evakinqz: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
Gud one...

Pls don't stop for tu long cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monitoring Spirits. / "Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy / Nneka Arimah Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.