Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,920 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? (15907 Views)

Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car / Are There Car Batteries In Tyre&auto Southbourne Group? / cancel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2016
NaLaugh:
My car's battery is in the trunk. However, there is a secondary battery terminal unit under the hood (primarily for hooking up jumper cables).
That one isn't an actual battery.
Mercedes C, E or S class.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by lowlou(m): 8:37am On Sep 06, 2016
Too close to the fuel tank. The spark potential makes it a dangerous place.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by tahoe(m): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2016
[quote author=azian post=49113133]Obviously none of you has had the battery in your CSR trunk die on you yet. It happened to a friend of mine with his Mercedes C200, battery died overnight and the next morning nothing was opening, not even the door locks.
He eventually had to cut a hole through his rear seat to get to the battery in the trunk.[/quote

same thing with a Chrysler 300]
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by Danfuster(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2016
So my old man's Mercedes E430 has his under the owners sit "rear right" and the compartment looks like a trucks battery can fit in there conveniently, I didn't understand the need for the big battery compartment until my old man tried to start the car with a new small size 65Amps...Big guy wouldn't even crank shocked

Naso we go charge him trailer size battery before the yeye V8 sixteen plugs engine start oo
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by 900warriorz: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2016
Why not manufacture your own car and put the car battery in the trunk so that we clap for you? angry

it's so early in the morning and you want to disturbbusy nairalanders Ya not good oo..
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2016
maybe cos of voltage drop. Electrical engineers would understand.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2016
There's a terminal under the hood where jumper cables can be connected. A simple google search would have helped him find this.

azian:
Obviously none of you has had the battery in your CSR trunk die on you yet. It happened to a friend of mine with his Mercedes C200, battery died overnight and the next morning nothing was opening, not even the door locks.
He eventually had to cut a hole through his rear seat to get to the battery in the trunk.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2016
azian:
Obviously none of you has had the battery in your CSR trunk die on you yet. It happened to a friend of mine with his Mercedes C200, battery died overnight and the next morning nothing was opening, not even the door locks.
He eventually had to cut a hole through his rear seat to get to the battery in the trunk.
lol am sure he doesn't know anything about his car keys that magnetic. Key has a detachable slim metal key in case of emergencies for opening the boot or driver door!!!sorry for Am ... When Google never crash
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2016
My bmw and my CLS have batteries in the booth.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by urchmanx(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2016
azian:
I guess your friend didn't read the car manual. If your battery die on you, there is a boaster terminal in the hood to boast the battery with another battery. Also he can use the car physical keys to open his car. The key is located inside the car remote. I a fun of mecedes and i know for sure you didn't need to destroy your car simply because the battery is under the car sit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by NaLaugh: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
kingreign:

Mercedes C, E or S class.

No, a Chrysler 300c.
Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by kingreign(m): 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
NaLaugh:

No, a Chrysler 300c.

Still heavily based on an E Class W211, In fact, lots of swappable parts.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? by nams77: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2016
The first time I encountered a battery in the booth was when I attended an evening service in one church. I was about to drive out after close of service when I noticed a women battling with her merc w202 c class.it was obviously a battery problem and Wanting to play Mr good Samaritan/tech geek, I marched to the engine bay and commanded I see her battery. She laughed and said it was in the booth! I quickly quite my Mr mechanical guy .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. / How To Stay Awake When Driving / Diesel Engine Club, You Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.