Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Adobe Flash On Phones! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Adobe Flash On Phones! (1125 Views)

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices / How Can I Play Flash On My Java Phone / does any1 know where to get free full track downloads on phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Flash On Phones! by frebor(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2009
Starting this year and rolling into 2010, expect to seesmartphones, ranging from Google's Android platform to Windows Mobile, capable of displaying Flash-powered content and video in their Web browsers.

Adobe announced today that its Flash Player 10.1 for desktop PCs, netbooks, and smartphones is poised for launch, promising public betas of the Windows Mobile and WebOS (think Palm Pre) players by later this year. Android (Google) and Symbian(Nokia) support should come by early 2010, with BlackBerrys also on board.

The new Flash Player support such smartphone features as multi-touch gestures (such as "pinching" and "zooming"wink and accelerometers (for turning the screen to landscape mode), and that the player will be able to keep multiple Flash instances running on multitasking phones

source: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/57474;_ylt=AgL8k_D_RfHfJdnfjFk9ZWwWLpA5

Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by frebor(m): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2009
i hope phone apps developers start workin on embedding this flash player in mobile apps, I cant wait to see Opera Mini displayin flash videos and content.

iPhone users are totally left out of this development cos Apple is ignoring the wishes of the masses of iPhone owners across the world and did not announce any plans to integrate Adobe Flash support onto its line of smartphones. In relation, this means that third-party browsers such as Firefox or Opera (besides being banned from the App Store because of duplicate functionality) won't be able to use Safari's built-in Java engine either.
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by MUNEER2(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2009
It's all good, this will be so fascinating. Hope say den no go collect our money finish.
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by Joe50(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2009
My phone has built in flash player. When browsing the net, some images are being display,rotating and moving. I can watch tv, video online with the help of the built in player.
I would love to have this latest built in adobe flash player smartphone oooo,
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by dani1luv: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2009
That's good
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by bydot1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2009
@joe, whch phone is dat?
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 07, 2009
Iphone doesn't need flash that's why they heavily relying on html5.Left to me apple way of system is messed up dictating for the customer.I can't call an iphone a smartphone.There's nothing new to an iphone.nokia has flash,widget,c++,java,qt so what more can you ask for.Iphone is overrated
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by Joe50(m): 1:49am On Oct 07, 2009
@by.dot am using nokia 3230
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by frebor(m): 4:23am On Oct 07, 2009
Gud 4 u joe
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by tope4ll: 4:52am On Oct 07, 2009
Can it work on nokia 6300?
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by Raze: 5:46am On Oct 07, 2009
Most Nokia smartphones out now already have flash in their default browser. It's just Flash in Opera that most Nigerians are interested in
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by texazzpete(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2009
Raze:

Most Nokia smartphones out now already have flash in their default browser. It's just Flash in Opera that most Nigerians are interested in

Flash lite is not the same as Flash or Flash Player

Yes, your browser can display flash banners in webpages. Now try going to youtube.com to watch a video with your browser
Re: Adobe Flash On Phones! by frebor(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
@tope - the flash player would be comin only on nokia s60 platform. 6300 is s40 n has flash lite 2.0 preinstalled.

There is a clear differece btw flash lite n flash player. You can find flash lite on a wide range of phones, it is only capable of supportin .swf games like sudoku, wallpapers n screensavers.

With flash player, smartphone users will be able to watch online videos n tv on their default browser n a whole lot more of real time animations.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry 8320 Upgrade Software For Mtn / Any Windows Mobile User Here? / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.