Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job (67372 Views)

Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Kobicove(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Serves him right....idiot!

There things you don't post on social media.

A banker for that matter! angry
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Eyah, loosing a job in this recession, I pity the guy o
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by maggilove(f): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
Never underestimate the power of social media.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by tayo4ng(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
'Bleep' I hate my idleness. I also hope somebody there we see this and offer me a job
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by kingmekus(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
herzern:
HIS VILLAGE WITCHES HAVE FINALLY SUCCEDED!!!....
sorry bro,Apart from Nairaland what else do you do??
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by zeusdgrt(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Lol

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
That was unwise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by LesbianBoy(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Donald3d:
I hate my job!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

I wee sack you tomorrow angry
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Lexusgs430: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
Social media is viewed as an extension of one's personality.
Employers snoop on employees profiles, post and pre employment.
Hopefully others would learn.
NB: But he hated his job. So losing it should be a blessing
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Ibidi: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
I HATE MY FVCKING JOB. You fvtards at First Bank, now u know . Recession or no recession u can take this job and shove it up yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Kobicove(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
magicminister:
Then that is not a serious company!

If he is an effective staff, why fire him over something like "I hate my job"?

Which job is a talking about? It could be that her was baby sitting some unruly kids or hates the fact that after his job, he is stuck in traffic for hours before he gets home.

As long as hr is still an effective staff, that is not a reason to fire him.

Would you retain such an employee in your company? undecided
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by emsco(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
loveourlagos:
Leave your job quietly & make that space available for the next person who "loves" the job.

This is one of the ills of social media, the internet gives info & gets all your info too.

I hope you find a job you love in the nearest future.
you now love your job cos your boss is a nairalander
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by incometutors: 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Honestly, that could be a blessing in disguise. This period is the worst time to be a banker. Banks are reducing staff and salary, thereby creating more workload for their workers. The customers are transferring poor economy conditions and the frustration to the bankers hence adding to their workplace stress. When all these are over, many bankers would have had their health battered and may result in occupational or workplace health hazards. The only way out is to ensure they keep oxidative and workplace stress in check. Meanwhile, the guy can convert his experience in bank into an online course and teach those aspiring for banking job. I am sure he knows more than to be frustrated. There are many ways to make money online. But I can put a bet that he will be a hit in online course tutoring. If interested, get back to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Folzye(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
JOB... just over broke
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by ruggedadventure(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bro.....na blowwJOB sure pass o
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by herzern(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
kingmekus:
sorry bro,Apart from Nairaland what else do you do??

must you talk without lettinq yhur senses take a part??......
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by fortunateice(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
Maybe they were just looking for a reason to do that
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
My CEO added me on Facebook, I accepted but edited my privacy settings. He won't see my status, pictures or latest events. Even if someone tags me, I have to approve for it to appear on my time line.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by magicminister: 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
Kobicove:

Would you retain such an employee in your company? undecided

Yes!! As long as he is effective, I will retain him

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by eyinjuege: 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
soberdrunk:
Same way one of my junior colleagues insulted me on NL the other day, people can be very 'careless' oo, Just checked his profile and saw his Picture, he is Just lucky 'gulder' drinkers dont take things to heart, i for frustrate am till he use hin hand resign. Moral of the story: Be careful what You say online!

Chai, don't be harsh abeg. What happens on NL, should stay on NL wink
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
herzern:
HIS VILLAGE WITCHES HAVE FINALLY SUCCEDED!!!....
Those ones are on leave
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by AfeezLincoln(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sorry shocked

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by sabi99(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2016
Happy fvcking job hunt brother, remember d despot in power gat ur back.
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
soberdrunk:
Same way one of my junior colleagues insulted me on NL the other day, people can be very 'careless' oo, Just checked his profile and saw his Picture, he is Just lucky 'gulder' drinkers dont take things to heart, i for frustrate am till he use hin hand resign. Moral of the story: Be careful what You say online!

eyyaaa
...thanks for havin a kind heart.
Som ppl see internet as a place to tok to ppl any how dey like
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Temitoppe(m): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
My CEO added me on Facebook, I accepted but edited my privacy settings. He won't see my status, pictures or latest events. Even if someone tags me, I have to approve for it to appear on my time line.

sharp guy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
fvck, i hate my job.

the m0ds will prolly hide this before it gets anywhere
Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Rekyz(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
Why bite the fingers that feed you? I hate my JOBlessness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Social media is viewed as an extension of one's personality.
Employers snoop on employees profiles, post and pre employment.
Hopefully others would learn.
NB: But he hated his job. So losing it should be a blessing

wrong bro, so many people hate their jobs but since it pays the bills. U got no choice

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by GboyegaD(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
He hates his job but that is not enough to terminate his appointment except he sucks at it. I wish him the best though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by olaboy001(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
soberdrunk:
Clap for yourself

1 Like

Re: Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job by royalfamily(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
S[b]ince he said he doesn't like his job now he should try someone else's work to see if he will fit in. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.