Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Nigerian Lady Making The First Washable And Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Lady Making The First Washable And Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria (1290 Views)

Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos / New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices / Nigerian Lady Making The 1st Modern Washable/ Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Making The First Washable And Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria by Angelmm: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hello,

I discovered that using disposable sanitary pads have exposed a lot of women and girls to several health issues like Urinary Tract Infection, Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases, Toxic Shock Syndrome, adverse and allergic reactions, burns, irritation, rashes, etc. Most of these diseases are as a result of the chemicals in the pads they use or the use of unhygienic materials to care for their menstrual flow.
Most disposable sanitary pads contain synthetic fibers, petrochemical additives and dioxin. Rayon is a synthetic made from sawdust and a byproduct of it is dioxin, which the EPA says is likely cancer-causing substance. The US Environmental Protection Authority published reports shows that dioxin is linked to:
*Abnormal tissue growth in the abdomen and reproductive organs
*Abnormal cell growth throughout the body
*Immune system suppression
*Hormonal and endocrine system disruption.

Have you wondered what is in disposable pads that absorb the blood? Have you questioned what turns the blood on your pads to gel? What effect do you think it has on your body? Why are most of the sanitary pads and panty liners made by Longrich and other big sanitary pad manufacturers NOT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN?
A number of disposable pads are plasticized. Plasticized chemicals have been linked to endocrine disruption and disease processes associated with heart disease and cancer.

Putting chemicals on your skin may actually be worse than eating them. When you eat something, the enzymes in your saliva and stomach helps to break it down and flush it out of your body. However, when chemicals come in contact with your skin, they are absorbed straight into your bloodstream without filtering of any kind, going directly into your delicate organs. These chemicals accumulate overtime because you don’t have enough enzymes to break them down.
Vaginal tissue is not like other skin. It's covered in mucous membranes, it's very permeable. It's a direct route to your reproductive organs. We need to be really careful of these products.

Disposable pads are not safe option for menstrual care. Follow this link to find out how CNN question what is in sanitary pads: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/health/whats-in-your-pad-or-tampon/
Are you having pain when urinating, rashes and irritation in your pubic area, foul or heavy vaginal discharge, inability to hold urine, constantly feeling pressed, etc? it’s time to check what you use to care for your menstrual flow.

I just bought my first washable pads from www.padupcreations.com. I used to have UTI and rashes after menstruation but after my first use of Pad-Up Menstrual kit am better and safe.

Re: Nigerian Lady Making The First Washable And Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ewww.... lipsrsealed I will rather use disposable pads lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Lady Making The First Washable And Reusable Sanitary Pads In Nigeria by eigmaticme: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
OYO... Disposable all the way

(1) (Reply)

How To Lose Belly Fat Fast / Folic Acid: Why You Need It Before And During Pregnancy - Doctorsofficeng / Benefits Of Kelp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.