Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? (13112 Views)

With 150,000,what Small Scale Business Can I Invest In? / What Small Business Can 300k To Start / What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by josephxxxo: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2011
people are just adding more too here problem here let her do the forex thing okay but i will advise here to put just 50k that all am doing forex as well am just 4 days old in it
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by macphilip: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2011
sorry about your Loss. with such an amount, you can start a commodity business, agriculture farming business, or open a provisions store in a good location.
Its also not a bad idea if you decide to use it to start a cute restaurant/eatery business. You can make money from any of these ventures.

But for any business you decide to go into, please make your research properly before investing your hard earned money.
All the best
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Gladmama(f): 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2011
``people are just adding more too here problem here let her do the forex thing okay but i will advise here to put just 50k that all am doing forex as well am just 4 days old in it''

You are just what? 4 days old and you are advising, I have been doing Forex for 4-5 years and I can say to you that it is not easy at start, you will first loose before you gain and I mean that, moreover you have got to be careful trading in 9ja as electricity and other factors can be detrimental to the executions of your positions, other factors such as some of your fraudulent brokers taking traders stops and limits off as someone here on Nairaland narrated to us. She will first loose all or almost all the 500k. She is better off starting something lucrative, stabilize and then see if she wants to invest further. But just jumping into Forex is Suicidal.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by frankike1: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2011
@josephxxxo: u re advising woman with kids to concentrate on forex biz huh, if u must do urself good, pull out of that forex biz and do something reasonable with that N50,000. u need further training. train for a long time and try to find out what is driving the market. dnt guess trade for ur own good. a word is enough for the wise
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Gladmama(f): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
Thanks Frank Ike. You are a wise man, you will live long. Amen
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by FEMARY(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
I support wealthyk.Talk to her to show provided she is not asking you for money.If she is asking you for money for the service,talk to me on femmyariyo@yahoo.com.I will show you how to go about it free.May God comfort you.Cheers.All the best.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by chizillar(m): 5:01am On Oct 18, 2011
Ma, the best business that suits you must be a small scale business. From the comfort of your home, purchase the chemical raw material for producing disinfectants or soaps and detergents either.They are very cheap. You will ask what of formulations and procedure? Good, I will send a chemical manual that covers that. You just don't need more than N50 000 to do this. /07033097160.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Ltrust(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
er
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by financialable: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
As many that are asking this same investment question,send a mail to financialable.com.
Investment opportunities and models will be sent to you.Apologies to all those who have sent and has not received it,it will be sent.
To our success!!

1 Like

Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by akonucheinfo(m): 3:00am On Feb 19, 2013
i love this thread! read through all comments and i must commend you all here.

I will love to invest too, say about N300,000. dont know what exactly to go into. cos at the moment am a catfish farmer and i must tell you all the truth, for two years that i have ventured into fish farming, there is no profit in it. i rushed into it, the whole first year was lost to me, this is my second year in fish farming, though am still in the field and have catfish at the moment. but, will drop the catfish farming biz for something better. I did a feasibility study on catfish farming and realized that the farmers only make peanuts, the MAJOR gainers are the MARKET WOMEN, RETAILERS AND FEED SELLERS.

Want to invest N300,000 on a lucrative business, please good advise will be welcomed.thanks all
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by b4billgate: 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
How to Start a Small Business
with No Money
1. Develop a good
business idea
The first step to starting a
business without money is to
develop a good business idea.
Your proposed business idea
must satisfy a need or solve a
problem. Your idea must be
good enough to arouse the
interest of anyone who hears a
pitch of it.
2. Have a good business
plan
Even though you have no money
to start a business, write a
business plan. It might sound
crazy but you are only preparing
yourself to take advantage of
any opportunity that comes
your way. Also, writing a
business plan will prove to
investors that you are a serious
entrepreneur that knows his/
her onions.
3. What do you bring to
the table?
Okay, I know you are reading
this now because you lack the
capital to finance your business
idea but I will bet that you have
something of value inside of
you. What business skills do you
bring to the table since you
don’t have money? This will
be a question most investors
will want an answer to.
Take for instance you developed
a good business idea with
respect to the tech industry but
you don’t have the money to
pursue the opportunity, you can
come to the table with your
technical skills. Mark Zuckerberg
did the same thing. Aside
technical skills, you can also
come to the table with your
experience from a respected
field. Skills such as sales skill,
accounting skill, business
management skill can also be
brought to the table.
4. Find a business partner
with cash
This is self explanatory. If you
don’t have the cash to start a
business, then find a partner
who does.
5. Start a service based
business
You can also start a service
based business since it requires
little or no startup capital. But
you will definitely have to invest
time equity to get things going.
A little bit of creativity,
marketing and sales skills will
also be needed to give your
business a head start.
6. Start a home based
business
When I hear people giving lame
excuses about their inability to
start a business due to lack of
capital, I boil inside of me. I
have seen people start
businesses right from their
home and grow from there.
Julie Aigner Clark is a good
example of this.
I have seen
young internet enthusiasts start
a business from a friend’s
computer or a public connection
(cyber cafe). So I don’t think
you have any excuse for not
starting a business; even if you
have no money.
7. Bootstrap your way to
success
Lastly, you can bootstrap your
startup by operating on a lean
budget. Bootstrap financing is
an alternative for those who are
finding it difficult to raise funds
for their business.
Bootstrapping financing is
simply the art of running a
business on internally generated
funds which are often limited. It
involves the tactical deployment
of resources while giving little
room for waste. Effectiveness
and efficiency are two
watchwords in the game of
bootstrapping.
As a final note, I want you to
know that there will never be a
situation where you will be
provided with excessive capital
to start a business. You just
have to learn to run with what
you’ve got. Don’t sit on your
ideas simply because you have
no money; start with what you
have. Even if all you’ve got is
an idea and your enthusiasm;
start with it. Where there is a
will, there will surely be a way. I
leave you with these additional
tips for starting a business
without money.
Additional tips on how to start
a small business with no money
8. Obtain a bank loan
9. Apply for a government
grant
10. Raise money from crowd
sourcing websites
11. Source money from Family
and friends.
12. Try raising capital from
investors
13. Take your idea to
institutions that support
entrepreneurship (NGOs)
14. Participate in
entrepreneurship competitions
Join the moving train...Now!
My dear friends, if you want to
start now,send interested to
b4billgate at gmail dot com for
the 150plus offline and online
great
startup
business ideas for the year.
Thanks...
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Jymes: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Op sorry about your loss. Pls id want you to seriously consider, selling selling food stuff, because thats a guaranted way of you and your children nnever going hungry. Then secondly id wnt you to consider having a body shop, soaps, body creams, weavon and attachments and the likes of them. From this you make daily sales. Fish farming is not as lucrative as people say it is, esp if you dnt have adequate water supply. Also theres a lot to contend with if you decide to go into poultry, if its a big poultry, you need help, ie you have to pay the workers, this and so many other things to consider. Above all pray and ask GOD to order your steps. It is well with you annd your childrenn.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Jymes: Op sorry about your loss. Pls id want you to seriously consider, selling selling food stuff, because thats a guaranted way of you and your children nnever going hungry. Then secondly id wnt you to consider having a body shop, soaps, body creams, weavon and attachments and the likes of them. From this you make daily sales. Fish farming is not as lucrative as people say it is, esp if you dnt have adequate water supply. Also theres a lot to contend with if you decide to go into poultry, if its a big poultry, you need help, ie you have to pay the workers, this and so many other things to consider. Above all pray and ask GOD to order your steps. It is well with you annd your childrenn.

Best advice so far i.e. if she can cook very well and has managerial ability. She should scout her environment to look for good cook(s) and maids. Employ and pay them on weekly basis. Make sure you secure good location (preferably main road) in town with space (you may end up pay much for this but don't mind). Make sure that you keep the place neat at all times. Offer not too cheap and not too expensive meal. Get a small fridge or freezer or initially buy iced block to ice drinks.The beauty of this business,if you are very good at it,is that feeding won't be a problem, you won't have to wait for months to generate returns or take unnecessary high risk. You should be up and running by the time you spend 300-350 in a place like Abuja. For more info inbox: obasanya2012@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Chigorkizz(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
Frm d above comments,i'll advice u 2 go into food business.

I cud rememba some yrs ago,my father lost his job.Tins were very hard 4 us.my mother borowed money and start up a little food restruant.we don't buy fud cos we all eat frm d restruant.Fud busines made us wat we'are 2day.me and my three brothers graduated frm d university.
Go ahead in2 d food busines.The lord wil see u through.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by APFM(m): 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
My advise is try check for companies that can accept your little money to become their distributor.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by Tittie16(f): 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Make N25, 000 profit when you invest 100, 000 by buying Tablet pc for N20, 000 at wholesale price and sell for N25, 000 at retail price.
This is a business opportunity for people that have money and want to do business. Minimum quantity is five. Once you signup, we will direct all purchase enquiries in your city to you. It is not in our interest to compete with our distributors. Phones, laptops and other electronic products will be added to the inventory soon.
Wholesale - Brand New 7'' inch Android 4.0 3G GSM Sim Card Phone Call Tablet pc Allwinner A13 Dual camera White Black
Operating System: Android 4.0
Function Comb: Web Camera WIFI
Display Resolution: 800x480
Screen Size: 7 inch
Screen Type: Capacitive Screen
Processor Brand: ALLwinner
Wholesale Price: N20, 000
Minimum: 5 Pieces
Contact No: 014406276
Email: tyad2222@gmail.com
Pickup from our office in Lagos or delivery anywhere in Nigeria.

Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by princessrahy(f): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Do you know of any handwork before?
What business fancy you as a person?
These are the questions that you should ask yourself first. One must not invest money in to a business she know nothing about.
There are a lot of business you can invest in from home.
1. A laundry business: this doesn't even require much capital to start from.
2. Clothing materials: you can buy wholesales clothes and sell to people in their offices, even if they won't pay your at once, something can come out of it. You can even combine these two businesses together.
3. Recharge cards business: you can buy cards in bulk and sell in wholesales and retails. All you need is to find out from people into the business so as to get where you get your supply.
The more you invest the more you get and the turnover is quite impressive. You can get a small container (you don't need a big shop).
Provision business has little profit though the turnover is good but it is not a business you can invest in with such amount and expect much profit. If you do, you will just realise you have started taking from the main capital.
And also it is very expensive to start from, you will need a shop or a container, probably need a freezer to sell soft drinks, furniture fittings and the likes, all these have taken some amount of money from your capital, so my sis, think very well. And in what ever business you start, don't invest all.your capital at first. Save like 100k for some quick upkeep, you don't start getting profits immediately.
All the best.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by engrbrume(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
I read "Why we want you to be rich" by Kiyosaki and Trump. One thing they both said has been on my mind ever since ; if you don't know what to do with your money, a lot of people will try to tell you what to do with it. Unfortunately, they are mostly sales people who have something to gain, and not real financial experts.

You need to educate yourself. If you don't have the will to do this on your own, join a Business Group. These are a group of people who hold regular business opportunity meetings and are dedicated to the success of serious members. I can suggest one right there in Abuja. It's called the Fahrenheit Business Group. Their meetings hold every Monday and Thursday by 6pm @ Hatlab Place, close to PDP secretariat,by sky memorial bus stop, wuse zone 5.

You need to get as much information as possible before you commit your money to any business.
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by stanvesco(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
smacby:
There are a lot of things you can invest in with such amount. You can get a Brand new laptop for N15,000 only and sell it for N150,000 .Ooh its seems too good to be real uuh.Believe you me, you aint seen nothing yet, cause this aint no SCAM!!! for more information email me at uchechi700@yahoo.com.Thanks

may God 4gv u o. Lol. Vry funy
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by NwabuezeWini: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some people sha. Someone need ur help and instead of helping d person u want to scam and extort from d person. U can do a lot with 500k. U can start mini importation biz don't use all d money for it. U can start with 200k den try and learn a skill like fashion designing, shoe and bag making and also start doing dat den with time u also diversify into other things wen u av save some money from d profit u av made. I don't advice to fish farming or poultry not dat d biz is not good but is a biz uu start but u don't start making money immediately. It might take 3 to 6months to start making profit at times one year. But u need a biz dat can give u money from day one. If u need idea on what u can start importing dat u can sell fast in nigeria u can call me and I will tell u and give u lecture for free my number is 07056847044
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by CharlyNick: 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
GO INTO IMPORTATION BUSINESS AND YOU WON'T LOOK FOR JOBS ANYMORE!!!

IMPORTATION BUSINESS DVD VIDEO
(PAY ON DELIVERY)

HOW TO START IMPORTATION BUSINESS
WITH JUST 20k AND MAKE 350-500K
MONTHLY SELLING YOUR IMPORTED GOODS
ON Konga, Jumia, Dealdey, Kaymu, etc.

WHAT IS IN THIS DVD VIDEO:
(1) How to Discover Hot selling Items

(2)How To Securely Pay For your Goods
and Avoid Scam

(3) Products that sells Faster you should
Import

(4) How To By Avoid/By Pass Custom
Charges/Delay

(5) How To Receive your Goods in Nigeria
within 4days and Three shipping companies that charges Very Low you should Use to Import your goods.

(6) Secrete Websites where you can get
your Items 200% Cheaper Rate than Any
where else

(7) A Link Where you can get Any Branded Items like (Phones, Tabs, Laptops, Electronic Gadgets) etc with 1year GUARANTEE (THIS IS A BONUS)

(cool Unknown Secrete way to Sell your Imported Items On Jumia, Konga,
Dealdey, Kaymu etc. and Make 350-500k
Monthly.

(9) How to Run a Safe Cash-On-Delivery
Service and Companies you should Partner with for this Service. Whether you like it or NOT, 95% of Customers Prefer CASH-ON-DELIVERY so they can Trust you. ELSE YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS.

SO WITH THE COMPANIES LISTED IN THIS
VIDEO, THEY WILL DELIVER YOUR GOODS
TO YOUR CUSTOMERS WHEREVERY THEY
ARE LOCATED AND COLLECT YOUR MONEY
FOR YOU.

(10) How To 'Partner' with E-
Commerce Sites like Konga, Jumia,
Dealdey, Kaymu etc. to Sell your Items.

(11) Newly Discovered way to pay for your goods and Avoid paying High exchange rate.

NOTE THAT YOU CAN WATCH THIS VIDEO
ON YOUR LAPTOPS, TV, COMPUTERS.

VIDEO COST= 8,500

IF YOU PREFER A ONE-ON-ONE PERSONAL TRAINING, IT COST #15,000 CALL FOR YOUR BOOKINGS.

IF YOU WANT TO GET THE VIDEO MATERIAL, WE ACCEPT (PAY-ON-DELIVERY TO ALL STATES IN NIGERIA).
Re: What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000? by 400billionman: 4:33am On Oct 19, 2015
shopie:
Please Good Nigerian people. i can't seems to known what business to start with N500.000(five hundrend thousand naira) in abuja, I recently lost my husband in a gastly motor accident and i will like to start my own buisness to be able to raise my two kids. any sugesstion will help a great deal thanks.

As you can see, there are a lot of stu.pid comments on your thread coming from confused people and also focused scammers.

First sorry on your loss.

Keep your N500,000 in the bank. The type of money you have now is not meant for investment(too small). It is also too big for the business i will introduce you to. That way you will be so sure of losing little or nothing incase you make mistakes. That money is your life line now so be careful.

You wont need more than N50,000 to start a fruit business. So N450,000 can sleep in your bank account. I have seen women who do fruit business, or women who fry akara, plantain, yam and fish make N2,000 everyday yet on a small capital of N50,000. Note that the size of your capital does not determine your size of profit. It is not applicable in every business.

You need a business that will put immediate food on your table. I may not know your locality and where your nearest fruit market is located. You need to ask questions. Banana, Oranges, Pinneaples and paw paw are big money spinners. Some women invest N20,000 in the local fruit market day and travel back to base to sell off in 3 days mutiplying their money by 2, that is N40,000. It is a weekly market.

If you do not have a fruit market near you, then fall back on akara, plantain, yam and fish frying. Advantage is that people will locate you to patronize you. No hawking or need for advertisement..

You can never go wrong with my advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Key Ways To Get More Customers For Your Business / Gtbank Quick Credit: How To Borrow Money From Gtbank Nigeria Without Collateral / Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.