Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? (1298 Views)

I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax / Who Has Books On Python Programming Hard Copy For Sale / Recommend A Good Video Series On Python (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by iphenon: 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
I've been learning Python syntax for quite sometime now. I've read through Zed Shaw's learn Python the hard way, together with tutorialspoint's pdf on Python.

So far I've understood what I've learnt, but using the knowledge to solve problems is somewhat an issue for me. I barely know much about programming in general, talkless algorithms.

If anyone can give me practice questions to work with or suggest a resource where I can get practice questions with solved answers.

Thanks
Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by paranorman(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Oga, create problems for yourself and solve them..

I know PHP. I created a quiz program, a die game(I called Gambler's Ruin - name after a model in Statistics), a created a mini-PHPMyAdmin with my own DB-library, I created a class that can build web-templates on the go e.t.c, Even now, I am working on a social web app like FB that can do FB event basics(create posts, like, comment, replies, report e.t.c., a mini-blog will even be integrated into it where everyone on friends' list have a general interaction)..

You might think you know how to code just because you know how to use lots of functions offhand, when you go practical you'l find out you know nothing! Been there.. Now, I am better.

Lemme give you a simple tasks:

-write a program that rolls a die ONCE(value of the die is hidden), then askes the user to guess the value of die.. The program keeps asking the user the die value as long as the value entered by the user is wrong. The program will also print the number of times it takes a user to make a right guess if it took more than a single turn to get right. Once the user gets it right, the program resets; i.e., the die is rolled again...
Tip: you needa manage persistence. A die has 6 faces, generate a random number between ..... ..

Task Two:
create a quiz game. The web app/app will have an admin panel to create and modify quizes. Security comes into mind.

A user logs in, select any of the existing quizes and takes it. The prgram grades the quiz, records it (together with the user's info, of course!).. The program tells the user if he beats the average score or if he scores below the average score, and if he beats the high score! If he beats the high score, he becomes the record holder!
Average score does not exist if no user took a particular quiz, i.e., average score is always calculated at run-time (for a particualr quiz).

Hint: you need to manage data, choose JSON/XML and txt/csv format, don't do DBMS for now. You'l need more than one script to handle this, except you wanna nest IF's statements till you enter into the chasm of confusion.

Task 3:
Create a gambling game.
Program askes for the number of player at start of games(no more than 4 players a time, for ease), the amount of initial cash, and names of the players for identification.

Each player has a turn to roll a die, looses money if a condition is met or gains cash otherwise(say wins N3 if roll is greater than 4, looses N3 if it is less, just choose your own conditions)..

The game can only be ended if the individual number of rolls of die for each player is equal, i.e., a 'end game' button appears if

rolls of player one = rolls of player two = rolls = ... = rolls of player n..
If game is ended, prints game summary and all info is deleted to start a new game afresh..

Hint: you needa create class, an instance of the class is created for each player at run-time.

I am no pro, still learning the hard way, a rookiest rookie I am.. Have fun and give your brain headaches.
Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Go Create A Calculator
Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by danvery2k6(m): 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by pxjosh(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Practicepython is a great site. Also try Hackerrank
Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by noordean(m): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2016
go to practicepython.org, solve everything. then move to projecteuler.net, after solving the first 4 questions relax and continue reading

1 Like

Re: Where Do I Get Practice Questions On Python? by Vstuffs(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2016

Text

Reverse a String
Pig Latin

Count Vowels

Check if Palindrome
Count Words in a String – Counts the number of individual words in a string. For added complexity read these strings in from a text file and generate a summary.

Text Editor – Notepad style application that can open, edit, and save text documents. Add syntax highlighting and other features.

RSS Feed Creator – A program which can read in text from other sources and put it in RSS or Atom news format for syndication.

Post it Notes Program – A program where you can add text reminders and post them. You can have the program also add popup reminders.

Quote Tracker (market symbols etc) – A program which can go out and check the current value of stocks for a list of symbols entered by the user. The user can set how often the stocks are checked and the program can show green up and red down arrows to show which direction the stock value has moved.

Guestbook / Journal – A simple application that allows people to add comments or write journal entries. It can allow comments or not and timestamps for all entries. Could also be made into a shout box.

News Ticker and Game Scores – A program which sits on your desktop and aggregates news and game scores from various sources on the net. It then scrolls them across the screen on regular intervals.

Fortune Teller (Horoscope) – A program that checks your horoscope on various astrology sites and puts them together for you each day.

Vigenere / Vernam / Ceasar Ciphers – Functions for encrypting and decrypting data messages. Then send them to a friend.

Random Gift Suggestions – Enter various gifts for certain people when you think of them. When its time to give them a gift (xmas, birthday, anniversary) it will randomly pick one and perhaps places you can get it.

Text to HTML Generator – Converts text files into web HTML files and stylizes them. Great for making online documentation of standard text documentation.

CD Key Generator – Generates a unique key for your applications to use based on some arbitrary algorithm that you can specify. Great for software developers looking to make shareware that can be activated.

Regex Query Tool – A tool that allows the user to enter a text string and then in a separate control enter a regex pattern. It will run the regular expression against the source text and return any matches or flag errors in the regular expression.

More in the book...

Networking

FTP Program – A file transfer program which can transfer files back and forth from a remote web sever.

Get Atomic Time from Internet Clock
Chat Application (IRC or MSN Style)
Fetch Current Weather
P2P File Sharing App
Port Scanner

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/78802-martyr2s-mega-project-ideas-list/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Php Form / Ultimate Guide To Java 9 / My First Guess Game Gui In Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.