Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls (3991 Views)

The 2019 Presidential Elections And The Current Noipolls / A 5-point Increase In The March 2017 Presidential Job Approval Rating -Noipolls / Buhari’s First Year In Office Gets Approval Rating Of 64% - NOIPolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Ofunaofu: 3:00am On Sep 07, 2016
Nigerians are increasingly becoming dissatisfied with their well-being, as the report of a survey released by NOIPolls yesterday, showed that the Personal Well-Being Index (PWBI) of Nigerians declined b y 0.6 points in the second quarter of 2016.

According to the report the PWBI, which measures how Nigerians feel about their lives, dropped from 64.5 points in the first quarter of 2016 to 63.9 points in the quarter under review.

Giving a detailed analysis of the individual indicators that make-up the PWBI, the report revealed that while Nigerians were still very much satisfied with their religion, and social interaction in their society, Nigerians showed further dissatisfaction with their standard of living and personal economic situation, even as these indices experienced the highest decrease of 2-points each in Q2, 2016.

“This decline may be an effect of recent reports of massive lay-offs of workers as several companies are trying to cut costs so as to remain in business,” it said.

The report noted that the NOIPolls Personal Well-Being Index (PWBI) contains seven items of satisfaction, each one corresponding to the different aspects of life.

It added that in the second quarter, the Economic Index and the Standard of living index experienced the greatest decline of 2-points each, an indication that Nigerians were not contented with their well-being.

In addition, the report disclosed that the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) decreased by 3.5-points to stand at 56.4-points in the second quarter oif 2016, compared with 59.9-points recorded in the first quarter of 2016.

The CCI, according to the report, depicts how the purchasing power of Nigerians affects the general economy of the Nation.

“Therefore the decrease recorded in the CCI in Q2, 2016 revealed that there is a reduction in consumer spending, hence, the reduction in revenue generation in the economy.

“News reports revealed that some state Governments have been experiencing difficulties in paying salaries and had to seek for a bail out contributing to the perceived reduction in consumer spending in such states and in the country at large,” the report explained.

It added that, “There are two sub-components of the NOIPolls Consumer Confidence index; the Present Situation Index (PSI) and Expectation Index (EI). The PSI decreased by 7.7-points to stand at 20.9-points, while the Expectation Index (EI) also dipped by 0.2-point to stand at 82.9-points in second quarter 2016. The decrease expressed by these two independent variables indicated that the buying power of Nigerians has further weakened when compared to Q1, 2016.”

To this end, the report said, “Therefore, it is imperative for the government to intensify its efforts at diversifying the economy and creating an enabling environment for investors. Financial experts have asserted that countries that experience robust GDP growth rates over time will attract investments, given that the private sector considers the GDP of a country when making investment decision.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/personal-well-index-drop-0-6-noipolls/
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 07, 2016
Lies.... its more than 50%.... our personal well being cannot drop by less than 1% and we would be lamenting... it has droped far below that.. thats why we have passed lamenting stage.. youths are now taking up slangs such as "eat or be eaten"..."all die na die"... "any which way".... "no man can cross alive"..

17 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Blackfire(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2016
See increasing frustration+hunger in the land..
I tell u before 2019 election... There wont be anyone left to vote buhari out.

Shebi na person wey eat ,they fight for right.

3 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Paperwhite(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Does anybody that is "conscious & alive" in Nigeria today needs any useless assessment index to know that there is unprecedented poverty & hardship in the land? Pls spare us this scrap.It only the APC's leadership, their stooges(Ngige,Garba Shehu,Femi Adeshina,Bayo Onanuga etc) & their ever ready bands of irredeemable zombies that are out of touch with this reality.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by veekid(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Another good bad news
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by osile2012: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2016
[size=18pt]I guess its reflecting in this rating .[/size]

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by damola311: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2016
I'm not sure that of zombies dropped.....

3 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Ibunma(f): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari you are indeed a disappointment!

Despite our current economic woes, you still have the gut to go to Edo to campaign for "change". My question, the one we have given you, how far?

May thunder strike all zombies, especially the ones in Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by kingofthejungle(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2016
hit like if you regret voting buhari

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by WebSurfer(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2016
Next time i hear the name BUHARI to be campaigning,

Even if na sleep, i go wake up and run away because that name alone is a nightmare already

6 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2016
omenka caused it

4 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Jediel1(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2016
Nna dis is no longer funny again oo angry, God i dey beg u, jst fast-forward time to 2019 cool

5 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by sunkoye: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2016
2019 will be so interesting...
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by kolnel: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2016
This report has been padded
The well being dropped more than 70%
Nigerians have never had it this bad

6 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Amanwulu1(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2016
Eagerly waiting for the first good news since the inception of this gov't. I hope I don't wait till eternity sha.

1 Like

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by damton(m): 8:15am On Sep 07, 2016
sunkoye:
2019 will be so interesting...

For masquerade festival or what.

2 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Oluwabusobomi(f): 8:15am On Sep 07, 2016
The most clueless one is in charge

5 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Creamz(m): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2016
Hunger everywhere. Salaries not been paid, workers been laid off, and yet our president and governors haven't seen any need to lay off some of their special advisers on many useless things to pay workers who work to bring income to the state. The wrong policies of this administration has ruined us as a nation, I hope that the government of the day realizes that 2019 is around the corner. Hunger doesn't have religion or region. It hasn't been this bad, complain of hunger almost everywhere you go. The slogan is now APC hunger everywhere you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by AntiWailer: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Who measured the wellbeing ?

bunch of jobless people.
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Esseite:
Lies.... its more than 50%.... our personal well being cannot drop by less than 1% and we would be lamenting... it has droped far below that.. thats why we have passed lamenting stage.. youths are now taking up slangs such as "eat or be eaten"..."all die na die"... "any which way".... "no man can cross alive"..
Well I don't know about 50% but I do agree with you. Its far more than that abysmal percentage. Except the survey was conducted on the upper class and upper middle class segments, I really don't know how these analysts calculate these percentages. So much suffering everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Osmondinho(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2016
I will keep on thanking God for the welfare of my family.... Upon all the hardship, sufferings, Inflation and recession in the country... Our God always feed my family.

We still eat 3 times, burn fuel from 7pm to 10pm and from 4:30am to 7:30am, or is it the good health. OMG I can't even feel the hardship.

Father Thank You oo!!! You re our provider!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by atirolu(m): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2016
GEJ is to be blame......you knw y?

While he was leaving office he fanatically looted Buhari's brain box

3 Likes

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by yeyeboi(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2016
There is hunger in the land

1 Like

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Orikinla(m): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2016

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by sunkoye: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2016
damton:

For masquerade festival or what.
yes you got it... tongue cheesy
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2016
Body odour is working...

APC don fail..

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by JonSnow(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2016
Thank Goodness I left this shithole when I did. Enjoy your "change" grin
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by Olateef(m): 9:13am On Sep 07, 2016
kingofthejungle:
hit like if you regret voting buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by vedaxcool(m): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2016
^
lol grin grin grin
Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by mastermaestro(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2016
atirolu:
GEJ is to be blame......you knw y?

While he was leaving office he fanatically looted Buhari's brain box

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personal Well-Being Index Drops By 0.6 % — NOIPolls by mastermaestro(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
omenka caused it

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests Man Trying To Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / dsdeftrhgy / Biafra Embassy In Aba PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.