Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,796 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49178 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by MulticolourDeco(f): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=repogirl post=49177301]I pity people who swallow the words of their pastors hook line and sinker instead of reading the Bible for themselves in order to understand it.

So, my husband is the master while I am slave abi? Very funny.
I understand that the husband is the head of the household, just as how Christ is the head of the Church.

Now, Christ the Lord and saviour who is the head of the church and son of God Almighty brought him self so low that he washed his disciples feet. Now which master /Slave relationship works that way?

These men are deluding themselves, megalomaniacs looking for respect and worship by force. God has made men and women equal heirs to his kingdom, how much more here on earth.

Granted men and women play different roles in the family but saying a wife doesn't qualify as an adviser or what not is totally wrong. Both should work together, the man doing his part and the woman supporting him where ever he needs support, not just pleasing him like a freaking puppet or doll.

This Pastor sounds as if women are to become 'oh yes master' all the time even if she is dying within, even if the husband is a violent monster who keeps battering her because he enjoys it. Or if he is a drunk womaniser who doesn't take care of his family.

Respect is very well earned and not by force or not because one so called man of God tells you that you are the master. Even masters need good counsel from subordinates all the time, so what is one so called man of God who could not hold his marriage together talking about?[/quote

What are you saying?. Are you even born again. Are yoh sure you have the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Stop commenting what you don't understand please. Ask God to Help you. ]

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 11:30am On Sep 08, 2016
donnie:

Says who.. You wey dem born yesterday? This annointed man has been preaching since his childhood days. Held his first crusade at age 15. Where were you then? He has every right to talk to the church worldwide cos he is annointed and commisioned to do so.

By the way, are you married?

Guy. The fraudster/pastor is talking rubbish. Husband means "PARTNER" not master. They both compliment each other. What he should have said was, traditionally, the husband is expected to "LEAD". It is normal for one of two partners to lead. That's just how it is. But to claim that the man is the master is just stupidity on his part. I wonder why people listen to people like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Graciouscharis: 11:31am On Sep 08, 2016
The truth is that there are elements of truth in this message. Any wise woman wil submit to her husband as the head of her home.
Being a submissive wife does not in anyway make me inferior or less human.

The problem with this message is that it is "do as I say and not as I do". Majority of the high ranking pastors in Christ embassy are terrible husbands and wives. Pastor Chris also indirectly supports the female pastors to be disrespectful to their husbands. So many of them don't care for their husbands or children, they don't cook or know what goes on in their homes. Most of the male pastors sleep with their house helps because they are starved and you dare not complain as everyone is pretending.
I just hate the pretense that emanate from this congregation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by mecusbosco(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

It meant a woman shouldn't speak or give a speech in a church! Any woman who wants to be free should boycott Christianity. It isn't for them.

The opposite of Master is Slave. Women are slaves according to the bible.
How about master's wife? Or have you not heard of that before?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by mecusbosco(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

It meant a woman shouldn't speak or give a speech in a church! Any woman who wants to be free should boycott Christianity. It isn't for them.

The opposite of Master is Slave. Women are slaves according to the bible.

How about master's wife? Or have you not heard of that before?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by lapagegirl(f): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2016
So much sense
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Religion and sexism are close pals. You cannot separate them from each other. Personally, I think it's shocking that all women are not atheists.

Exactly! If I'm a woman I'd have become an atheist long ago. Many verses in the Bible didn't favor them. I even read one verse that said they shouldn't speak in church and I'm like shocked

4 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by dharmie(f): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Religion and sexism are close pals. You cannot separate them from each other. Personally, I think it's shocking that all women are not atheists.

They're can be separated. It all boils down to the character of individuals. Too many persons hide under religion to perpetuate their own selfish acts.

Like a polygamous man hiding behind the Qur'an to marry more than a wife.

Just like the Law, humans would forever try to interpret and find loopholes that can back the evils that lies in their hearts.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
True kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by flokii: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2016
Can someone explain this??

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2016
HMZi:
Is this what happened to his marriage? Pastors should stick to the word of GOD and stop including additions of their own...yes the husband is the head of the house but master? is the woman the slave or servant?..

Synonyms!!!. I will advise you do not get entangled. Head-Follower,Master-Servant. The word Master does not indicate a tyrant and neither does the word servant indicates slave. Just get understanding with all thy gettings.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2016
For the ladies, no offence but please someone debunk all what he said from the bible? If you can't my conclusion is:

1. If your wedded in a church or intend to wed in a church and holds the bible as a guide, follow the dictates.

2. If your wedded in a mosque or intend to wed in a mosque and holds the koran as a guide, follow the dictates.

3. If your wedded in a registry or intend to wed in a registry and holds the bible or koran/marriage guide/bye law as a guide, follow the dictates.

4. If your wedded traditionally or intend to wed traditionally and holds the norms/bye law as a guide, follow the dictates.

There's no point crying fowl, as it's still optional to remain single...

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by repogirl(f): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=MulticolourDeco post=49177603][/quote]you who the holy spirit is helping, why not make your points?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by cyprex: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

So what is it then? You agree the husband is the woman's master?

You got it wrong, the Husband is not master to the woman, neither is the man master to the woman.
The simple teaching is that "A husband is master to the wife" not woman. There are many men who are not husbands so also are there many women who are not wives.

you can be a woman without being a wife, but so long as you want to be "wife" you MUST accept your Husband as master".
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2016
It baffles me when two people stay together yet see themselves as competitors becuase of the selfishness of one of them.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Alphaoscar: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2016
adedayoa2:
because he is a man of God doesnt mean he can't be wrong

Does that means the quoted parts of the bible are wrong too ?

Seriously , the world is fast coming to an end . We call ourselves Christians/Muslims but chose to follow only the part of the holy books that suit our selfish desires .

All this new and latest western influence will only end up destroying us.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2016
dharmie:

They're can be separated. It all boils down to the character of individuals. Too many persons hide under religion to perpetuate their own selfish acts.

Like a polygamous man hiding behind the Qur'an to marry more than a wife.

Just like the Law, humans would forever try to interpret and find loopholes that can back the evils that lies in their hearts.

Which is why religious people are mostly ignorant people.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Twaci(f): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2016
OwoLee:

Yeah, I wanna ask you, does the bible pages lack reasoning or how do you want to interpret those clearly stated verse. It is clear that today, you all interpret the pages of the bible the way it soothes you. Truth is bitter, you can soothe yourself now but will God be happy with on the day of judgement with your characters to your husband?

This, my friend, is called shooting yourself on the foot. Because I feel the bible passages used were interpreted in a way it would favor his message smiley
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

What if it is the woman's income that is taking care of the rent, school fees etc?
what happens when your parents can't fend for themselves and you're capable of taking care of them Does that make you people partners? In family decisions wouldn't u consult them to make the final decision? That's submitting to authority irrespective of status.
Truth is a submissive woman can make a man go against his mum. That's how powerful women are. Feminism is warped. Feminist end up lonely azz cougars

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by tonidave422: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2016
Go and sit down my friend, you still reason like a native fowl. In everywork of live there must a sombody at the too, while the others will be the subordinate.
If you take instructions from your boss in the office does that make you his slave?
My friend go and reset your brain if buhari change agenda, dey worry you.

The opposite of Master is Slave. Women are slaves according to the bible. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by vivalavida(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
Is he trying to say we have no right to be opinionated when married?

We should agree to whatever our "masters" say?

This particular sermon is unsettling sad

Yes oo twacii

Do as he says and only those things that make him happy
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by tourgist: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2016
I am not a fan of Pastor Chris but why do Nigerians always speak publicly against what they secretly desire.

For the guys against what the Pastor said it is either you are single or living in denial. and for the Ladies here i will say if you want peace in your home follow this principle and your husband will love you forever.

If you read the post properly you will see the part he said a woman has influence on his husband not by forcing her opinion on him.

The bible is clear on the issue of Marriage: Men love your wifes and Women submit to your own husbands. Women in the bible called their husband's LORD which means Master in Hebrew e.g Sarah, Ruth etc. A woman that submits makes it easier for the husband to love her.

I'm a christian and would not oppose this teaching because it is coming from Pst Chris, We should stop taking things personal.
Any Man who desires a woman that has same authority with him in Marriage, God will answer your prayer and give you your heart desires.

And for those saying he could not hold down his marriage: it takes 2 people to be married and when one party says i want out you can't force them, some of you will understand what i'm saying because there might be 1 or 2 people around who have gone through divorce, it could be your parents, sister, brother, cousin, uncle or aunt.

5 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by cyprex: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2016
computerboy:

Exactly! If I'm a woman I'd have become an atheist long ago. Many verses in the Bible didn't favor them. I even read one verse that said they shouldn't speak in church and I'm like shocked

It seems you choose your religion because of what you may likely gain over others and not because you believe and submit to a higher being- God. if you submit to God you will obey him even when His instruction seem adverse.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Twaci(f): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2016
vivalavida:

Yes oo twacii

Do as he says and only those things that make him happy
How about I give my husband a remote control?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by justli: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:

Unfortunately you think you have made a wise decision. People make haste to jump into issues they haven't understood. This thing is fundamental in nature. Religion didn't teach man that woman should be under him; nature did.

Take a cue from everything around you. The very The very weak nature of women, both emotionally and physically. take it back to the stone age if you would, those men knew women where placed under them. My great grandparent knew this fundamental truth, nobody taught them that.
Society worked well when women knew there place. Turn it whichever way you want, any marriage that failed to recognize this truth suffers inside. We all have seen homes run by women. Homes where men have being relegated to and subjected to passive observer. such home never know peace - anarchy every now and then.

The lost values of the west, which they have incredibly sold to the world has torn the family union apart. What better illustration do you seek than the rate of divorce and single parenting overtaking the western world. Contrast that with more conservative society like the far-east asians, then you'd get a brighter picture of the importance of the Father's "head role" in any society.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pepigeorge(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

But the d man's decision is final..... His God giving duty is to love you not to submit to u to you opinions. ..
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by kinibigdeal(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2016
I chose to remain quiet when it comes to religious matter in other not to blasphem. Anyone that need better understanding about marriage and the church should read the account of paul to the church in corinth. Everyone have the right to is own opinion and to the members of is church, it is left for you to seek understanding from the holyspirit
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

Guy. The fraudster/pastor is talking rubbish. Husband means "PARTNER" not master. They both compliment each other. What he should have said was, traditionally, the husband is expected to "LEAD". It is normal for one of two partners to lead. That's just how it is. But to claim that the man is the master is just stupidity on his part. I wonder why people listen to people like this?

Do not get entangled with synonyms just focus on God's inspiration. as long as they are two, they are partners with a leader and leader is also the head. And the use of master does not make the other a slave. Whichever way it is still a partnership. Just focus on the inspiration.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by OBAGADAFFI: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:

You are correct on this one.

Most Religions are not gender sensitive.

That's why the equity debate is always difficult from a religious perspective.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by okechukwu101: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

he didn't say u should not make suggestions. He is simply telling you the man has to be in charge.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Best Read
The quest for equality is what is killing marriages in USA.
There can't be two masters in a home. That position can't be shared.
Are you married?
Don't don't expect 2 get with that mindset.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by adedayoa2(f): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Does that means the quoted parts of the bible are wrong too ?

Seriously , the world is fast coming to an end . We call ourselves Christians/Muslims but chose to follow only the part of the holy books that suit our selfish desires .

All this new and latest western influence will only end up destroying us.
Heyyyyy!!! I am not talking about any quoted part, you said the Man of God have been preaching for a long time and cuz of that I said thats not a criteria for him not to be wrong or to be right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Speaks On Food Scarcity: "You Have Not Seen Anything Yet” (Video) / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions / He Gave Birth To Albinos Because He Refused To Worship His Family's Deity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.