Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only (1299 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / ***moderator Pls Unlock The Chemical Engineering Thread**** / Mechanical Engineering Thread: For The Machines Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2009
All hail the Engine(s) of the world. We contribute a great(er) quota in the world's development;
Hence, Once It Moves,It's Mechanical!
Let's not get too busy & get to identify ourselves here.
After working the work,we talk the talk right here.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2009
Note: this is for aspirants and practitioners.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by bawomolo(m): 12:56am On Oct 07, 2009
nice thread.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2009
@Bawomolo, thanks.
Let's keep it going.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hello my peep, where can one acquire training on AutoDesk around town, Lagos or Portharourt?
so urgent pls. cool cool
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by agbalaya: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
U can get the mechanical carrer trainigg in IDM,oba akran ikeja.
It will cover autocad 2,3D modelling,inventor,ABS,etc.
Hope that help.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by ebonyking: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Agbalaya,
It helped; it's just d distance. Thanks all the same,
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by puskin: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2009
IDM don't teach quite well nd they are just so over-priced.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Puskin, have you gone there, and how about others that you know can do better. Thanks.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by agbalaya: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
I did mine there 2005/06, so i wouldnt know what they are up to now.But what i learn there is resourceful to me now.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by puskin: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
Iv bin there, some yrs back.
All they are interested in, is selling those worthless Autodesk cert's.
If U really want 2learn Autocad, U just hv 2do it on ur own nd hv sumbody who knws it 2guide U thru.
If U really feel like giving some money away, go there(IDM).
Alternatively, U can pay only d 1st instalment, collect d course-ware nd attend d 1st few weeks of lectures 2get U started, then U learn d rest on ur own.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by lightwalk(m): 5:26am On Oct 15, 2009
For machines only
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by kwaze(m): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2009
what of PDMS?
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by server34(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2009
I studied Mechanical Engineering, but I cant call myself a Mechanical Engineer now. Is there anyone here on this forum who actively practices Mech Engr? Please tell us about your job, I would really like to know.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by kwaze(m): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
Practising mechanical engineering is dependent on what industry you want to be in.

manufacturing - Maintenance routine job, spare-part purchase and a host of machine related work
Oil and gas - Designs, Equipment Layout, Vessel designs and maintenance of plants and equipments.
consulting - Support and analyzing for clients
Software Engineering - work with a group of software engineers to make sure the software developed for engineers conform with the standards e.g ASME ANSI etc
Automobile - Designs and coupling of components.

and a host of all others. make more research using Google. Hope this helps.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by Myluv1: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2009
I think you can be trained on PDMS same place, but I only know people that handle it so well in P.H
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by blesdman(m): 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2009
what are the applications of PDMS software? What is the relevance to an aspiring engineer?
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by kwaze(m): 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2009
PDMS - Plant Design Management System. Its has different modules and applications depending on what you want to do.

Modules - Design,Isodraft,Draft,Paragon,Specon,Propcon,Monitor,Admin,Spooler and Lexicon.
Applications are the different areas on each modules. for example on Design Module - Equipment,Pipework,Structures,HVAC,H&S.

call 07025083908 for further clarification,

cheers.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by lekside44(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
My luv!:

Hello my peep, where can one acquire training on AutoDesk around town, Lagos or Portharourt?
so urgent pls. cool cool
if you are interested in autodesk trainning, please mail me at lekside44@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by lekside44(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
currently working on software for mechanical engineers. i will like to bring this software alive.
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by 2busy: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
currently working on software for mechanical engineers. i will like to bring this software alive.
what kind of software are u working on? try and find out if such software is not in existence.
cheers
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by showreals(m): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2010
PRESENT

THOUGH NOW INTO MONEY STUFF
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by okoomoge2(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
Mechanical Engineers are professional dat provide solutions to problem combining the art of science, maths and engineering together.
no be by pdms, autocad ooooooooooooooooo
if talk of abaqus, anysy, atopipe, offpipe and rest then I would say you are on the right path
Engineers do calcs for pressure vessels to determine shell strength for the vessels in term of pressure containment, Nozzle design ( Orientation bla bla).
Please Donot get it twisted oooo, I don talk my own
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by lekside44(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
2busy:

what kind of software are u working on? try and find out if such software is not in existence.
cheers
a solution provider software. i have been a practicing mechanical eng and i knew what is best desired. if you are interested, we can discuss it one on one
Re: Mechanical Engineering Thread:for The Machines Only by cashful(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2010
oko-omoge:

Mechanical Engineers are professional dat provide solutions to problem combining the art of science, maths and engineering together.
no be by pdms, autocad ooooooooooooooooo
if talk of abaqus, anysy, atopipe, offpipe and rest then I would say you are on the right path
Engineers do calcs for pressure vessels to determine shell strength for the vessels in term of pressure containment, Nozzle design ( Orientation bla bla).
Please Donot get it twisted oooo, I don talk my own

in some industry you cant do without pdms and autocad while in some you will never use or come across abacus, anysy etc, so it all depends on where you find yourself or what you are involved in

(1) (Reply)

Business Process Management Professionals In The House / Nim Vs Ipmp / Isaca's Member Get A Member Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.