Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,964 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:29 AM

Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise (27963 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Start Consuming Vegetables Today / Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today / These Hot Before And After Pics Will Give You A Reason To Exercise (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by lajoshua: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
When many hear the word “workout” they freak out, some think its for sportsmen or for those in related fields. Some would say when i am not a wrestler, well workout is not for sportsmen alone. There is no rocket science about working out it is simply to do a physical exercise, to keep fit . Studies show that taking time to exercise provides a lot of mental and physical benefits, and you don’t have to necessarily go to a gym. You can go jogging and perform some cardiovascular exercises in the comfort of your room, I hope you will be geared to workout after reading on its benefit.

1. REDUCES STRESS
Yeah you heard that right, are you always stressed by that office job during the weekdays why not take time to work out during the weekdays. This is one of the most common mental benefit of exercises, as a stress reliever. Working out reduces stress and boost the body’s ability to deal with mental tension, help you sleep better by the increase of blood flow you are launched into a new realm of relaxation.

2. LEARN TO SET AND ACHIEVE GOALS
Whether its increasing the amount of push-ups or the amount you can dead lift or deciding to do a 1km, setting and achieving fitness goals is a great self-confidence boost and also a good self-improvement hack as your ability to set and meet goals would be of advantage in other areas of life.

3. INCREASE SELF-CONFIDENCE
With so much emphasis on outward appearance in society today, a study found that “the simple act of exercise and not fitness itself can convince you, that you look better”. Working out improves your outward appearance, by increased blood-flow your skin takes a new look. Also it gives your body fitting in that precious dress of yours. Ok now you know the difference between an idris alba and a jide kosoko in suit.hehehe

4. IMPROVES YOUR SKIN
If the way you look is your number one concern, then you should start working out, if nothing at all “exercises enhances the blood flow to your skin”. Sweating can unclog pores and help clear up your breakouts detoxifying the skin of oils and dirt, it gives an overall tone to your skin and increases the appearance.

5. REDUCES CANCER RISK
Studies show that the risk of cancer can be greatly reduced in regularly active people. Also exercise is an important step in preventing breast cancer.

6. SHARPEN MEMORY
Regular physical activity boosts memory and ability to learn new things. Getting worked out and sweaty increases production of cells responsible for memory and learning. Research as linked children’s brain development with level of physical fitness. Working out can boost memory among adults also. A study showed running improved vocabulary retention among healthy adults.

7. CONTROL ADDICTIONS
The brain releases a chemical called “dopamine”, this is response to any form of pleasure be that exercise, sex, drugs, alcohol or food. Some people become addicted to dopamine and dependent on the substances that produce it like drugs or alcohol, well on the good side exercise can help control addiction. Short exercise sessions can also effectively distract drug or alcohol addicts making them not to have cravings. Alcoholics find they can’t fall asleep without drinking, exercises can help them fall asleep at the right time.

Source: http://www.voiceofaudacity.com/2016/09/insecurityovercoming-your-fears.html?m=1

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by crackhaus: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
gringrin

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by lajoshua: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
crackhaus:
gringrin
grin grin...i'll be back for ya trust me cheesy..by the time lalasticlala moves it to front page grin
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by lajoshua: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
PaperLace:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207896_mowumiapril17501634_jpeg_jpeg80a3acc36581d8fc14a6ebe1e8dde2ef

abeg, e dey necessary
exactly...i really don't get why most married nigerian men grow big belly....they claim its a sign of wealth grin grin..abeg its laziness and indiscipline.lalasticlala hope you dont have a big belly oo grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by crackhaus: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
lajoshua:

grin grin...i'll be back for ya trust me cheesy..by the time lalasticlala moves it to front page grin
coolcool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by wellstryme(m): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmm this is one season film you just write..Nice plot
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by McBrooklyn(m): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ladies, dating a slim guy who doesn't work out is cool but the only problem is when you're lying on his chest, then his ribs begins to draw Adidas line on your face grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by McBrooklyn(m): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
OK
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Turks: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
This babe go sabi straff die grin cheesy

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by mazimee(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
The truth is that someone who isn't interested in exercise will read this and wave it away. Until something about their appearance become a source of worries.

I started working out when my best set of slim fit shirts and T shirts started looking absurd and out of place when I put them on. Most especially when I turk them in. Pot belly has took over every space.

I have to make it a point of duty to work out each morning I woke up. Even when I am too busy in the morning, it is "a must do" In the evening.

I feel more comfortable with my current appearance.

13 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Badookelzi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
brb
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Also a well built body can handle more spiritual energy than a regular body

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by englishmart(m): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
If u like,shout from now till tomoro..person wey no wan exercise no go stil exercise...especially dis our girls wey no fit jog ordinary 500m but go expect make man last 15mins for bed. undecided

Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

11 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by olutosfem(f): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Eating good food does it all
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Ayoswit(f): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
ok, noted
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Odunharry(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
crackhaus:
gringrin
Lmao.. My nigga

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by azeecoboy(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lol.....kung fu fighter in the making...
Meanwhile how do I build the muscle of my arm..I feel embarrassed anytime I look at my skinny arm,not a malnourishment though... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Back den in SS3...
I ws quiet cul u knw, exercising ws great...
4get d beards, i repeat class tire cry

8 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by gradeA(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
That last pic of banky sha.
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
This is already my addiction smiley cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by henrydadon(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2016

14 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by holluphemydavid(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
I will continue my daily exercise soon

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Odunharry(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
mazimee:
Jjh
J J Okocha.
Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Tremor007: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
crackhaus:
gringrin
Clown grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Need to get back to working out especially strength training.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by MrTim1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Working out ain't that easy...sometimes i wonder how much they go pay me

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Glaxx(m): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Team 50 pushups

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by dovetark: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Benefits are Tremendous

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Please tell them oo because they don't know. As for me and my household, yoga is our best friend grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Are 5 Tips To Treat Conjunctivitis (apollo) / 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine / 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.