Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (27349 Views)

PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery / 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by seguun(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
1. Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.
2. The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
3. The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Epe, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone
4. It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
5. Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
6. World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries
7. It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD
8. Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³
9. During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians
10. When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports
11. The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea
12. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
13. All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies
14. The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s effort will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis
15. Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks
16. Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities
17. This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products
18. Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene
19. The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million.

Copied: from Nigerian Renaissance Youths

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by nickxtra(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dangote, my hero.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dangote is exploitative.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by honeychild(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Please o, was Dangote given an exclusive license to build refineries? Why is no other Nigerian doing so? I know we have other billionaires who can afford such a project.

Please pardon my ignorance, I am genuinely curious.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.
and this is the only thing you can say undecided . This is a man creating employment, adding value to the economy. He may seem exploitative but that's business as it is for you.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
honeychild:
Please o, was Dangote given an exclusive license to build refineries? Why is no other Nigerian doing so? I know we have other billionaires who can afford such a project.

Investments are risks. Perhaps, the billionaires you know are not ready to take this kind of risk.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by aljazira: 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
He has lost 35% of his net worth to present recession. With this project and many ongoing in the area of Agro Allied, who says Dangote cannot be Africa's number one for many years to come?
BRAVO DANGOTE.

43 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by seguun(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
honeychild:

some of our billionaires already have refineries abroad...and are benefiting from the current situation of the country.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by kolaish(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
GOOD ONE DANGOTE. HE IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT INVESTING IN NIGERIA.

41 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Aristo3146(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.
Sorry to say that you sound a little bit naïve..

44 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by masterP042(m): 7:16am On Sep 08, 2016
We hear
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2016
God bless Dangote. He singlehandedly made the "Northerners" relevant in Nigeria.

He may singlehandedly take Nigeria out of the wood too cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by omonla555: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.

You are absolutely wacky

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Kakamorufu(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
god bless dangote for us oo

9 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Chuknovski(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Am soo proud of this son of a gun....wannna be like him some day ....God help me

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Emeka71(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Even the Federal Government is not capable of building refinery; so they have to leave the thing for private people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by GMBuhari: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Dangote is a very bad sharp guy

I think he has plans

But not political

13 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by tempest01(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2016
I'm waiting for this project to come online. Let me see how our government owned refineries will perform with competition.

The management of those refineries to me need to be sacked and changed if they are not productive. We should run our national organizations as a business venture, not as a political venture.

8 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by izzou(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2016
kolaish:
GOOD ONE DANGOTE. HE IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT INVESTING IN NIGERIA.

A businessman is after his pockets bro

16 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by sarrki(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.
Factory Reset required

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Flexherbal(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2016
He is a good business man.
Hope it serves us as proposed!

5 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by adioolayi(m): 7:20am On Sep 08, 2016
This Guy called Dangote...his money go boom very very soon.. World Richest in the making

13 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by siraj1402(m): 7:20am On Sep 08, 2016
And when will the project completed?
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by hijacke(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Nigeria can be great again, kudos to Dangote
Nobody should drag APC or PDP into this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Dangote keep on giving me hope since 19bc

2 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Ikigia: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Dangote is one of the greatest business men. My respect......

4 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by DeKen: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Nice one.

Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
That gap between govt effort & private effort strikes me. Can't the govt learn 1 or 2 from dangote? Gap is just too wide.

10 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by islandmoon: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Thank you Mr dango
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by ojmaroni247(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2016
There are other companies building mostly modular refineries too. At various locations in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by opalu: 7:22am On Sep 08, 2016
The power of credit in capitalism.
Banks always team up to fund his projects.
Rich people do not use their personal money to do great things. They use Other People's Money OPM.
The poor wait too long to have the money to do great things and hence die poor. cry

15 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by cyberdurable(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=20pt]one fact about Nigerians We are Hungry[/size]

[size=15pt]Buhari yaf killed us all[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by weblord1900: 7:22am On Sep 08, 2016
Ok

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) / Dele Momodu And Femi Otedola Pose By Otedola's Yacht (Photo) / Restaurateur Cries Out After Being Confronted With Bills Worth Millions By FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.