Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency (17540 Views)

IMF: Northeast Has Always Been Buhari's Priority, Says Presidency / Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by saints2(f): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
The Federal Government has described attempts by unscrupulous individuals on social media linking the government and Dangote group with a plan to ‘flood’ the country with genetically modified rice (GMO) as extremely uncharitable.

In real terms, the Federal Government in 2014 signed a $1billion Memorandum of Understanding, (MoU) for investment in integrated rice project with Dangote Industries Ltd. Further to this agreement, Dangote Industries Limited this year cultivated over 8,000 hectares in Hadejia, Jigawa state, creating over 10,000 direct and indirect jobs for farmers who are the major beneficiaries of the scheme.

In consolidation of the rice project of the Federal Government, President Muhammadu Buhari administration is also in partnership with the African Development Bank (AfDB) and other reputable companies to tap into the vast potentials in the private sector and broadening the economic base of the country.

The gains of the diversification drive especially in the Agriculture sector are already yielding dividends as shown by the recent statistics in the sector as published by the National Bureau of Statistics.

These engagements will continue until the present administration has laid a solid foundation for the economic development of the nation.
It is therefore ridiculous that a government that is wholly devoted to the generation of employment for Nigerians especially through Agriculture will turn around to get involved in an activity that will reverse the gains of the same partnership.

President Muhammadu Buhari has said it repeatedly that, ‘’we have the capacity to feed ourselves in Nigeria and even export from what we produce in the country.” He has also said that through the provision of N200 billion by the CBN for small holder farmers and processors involved in local production of rice and other grains, rice importation will hopefully stop in the next three years.

It is unfortunate that while the Buhari administration is working assiduously with well-meaning Nigerians to bring the country out of the current economic situation it has found itself, a few self-serving individuals are bent on distracting the administration from the avowed focus to reflate the fortunes of the country through the diversification of the economy which, very soon, Nigerians will begin to see and experience the results.

The Federal Government warns purveyors of such malicious information and those thinking of embarking on the same route to have a rethink and retrace their steps.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/federal-government-not-importing.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by saints2(f): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by lielbree: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
A bag of rice here in ph is 22000. Nigerian rice with stones is 20000 angry

What sort of evil change is this?

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Sharon6(f): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
Singing *food no dey, water no dey, our country no good oooo........

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by henrydadon(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin

wow genetically modified rice did i read that right ?

is this some kind of rice buhari will use to control us and make us as dull as he is angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by McBrooklyn(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
People can lie though shocked

They said bag of rice is N20,000
that is how they'll be misleading people,
I priced it today and it was N19,990
Thank God I went to the market myself kiss

Before you start quoting me, lemme tell you this shît only happen in the latest Nollywood movie I'm watching currently cheesy cheesy

19 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Bowwow11(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
he go better

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by AntiWailer: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Y reply losers ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by veekid(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Enough of this rice nonsense jor; we just deh read am for news, when will it get to our local market? No answer

3 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by madgoat(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Okay
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by IMASTEX: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
What do you expect "In an environment of lies truth becomes a stronger". So, it isn't totally the forth of those that piloted the rumours.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by McBrooklyn(m): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Sharon6:

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Beremx(f): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by wakes: 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
If I hear!
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by NwaNimo1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dangote no get morals...
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Moreoffaith(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Only fools believe every news they see online... News comes out of every nook and cranny of the country this days.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by darkroses(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Seems am d only one dats still believed in dis adminstration, is well.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Kaybee14(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Propaganda everywhere. It is well.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by thedarkside: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:

even rice with stone cost 20000??....that can not be true..

keep your stone-rice...nigeria will import stone-rice from other african-nations and refine it and sell it to you to 40000!!!!!!!................. angry angry angry angry-...

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Goddygee(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
what i feel lyk doing Buhari now:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:

It is d kind of change d devil will see and shout JESUS!! grin

btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Moreoffaith(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
grin

Na BOGOF this one fit ooo. when the greedy one sees Buy one get one free, they quickly order for it.

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by kaen1317: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
FG is desperate now to stave of famine. If it were possible to feed us shit believe me theycwillt

1 Like

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by kaen1317: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
FG is desperate now to stave of famine. If it were possible to feed us shit believe me they will
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Moreoffaith:

Na BOGOF this one fit ooo. when the greedy one sees Buy one get one free, they quickly order for it.
Hehehe
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by joseph1013: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
But what is wrong with importing GM Rice? Why is the government leading the public to believe that GMO foods are bad?

So much ignorance everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by lielbree: 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
thedarkside:

even rice with stone cost 20000??....that can not be true..

keep your stone-rice...nigeria will import stone-rice from other african-nations and refine it and sell it to you to 40000!!!!!!!................. angry angry angry angry-...
I'm telling you the honest truth!
I was in the market yesterday, Nigerian rice 20k last!
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by Eyepencil: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
lielbree:

Why are rice cheaper in Northern states than south??

They buy rice between 16k to 17k in the north while a bag of rice goes for 22k to 25k upwards.

Any reason behind this please?
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by OjujuCalabar(m): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
It's ok, FG have denied.
So who imported the rice?
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by pat077: 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Silly government. Instead of them to sit tight and look for ways to get us out of the present economic quagmire, they are busy spreading propaganda every where.
Re: FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency by abumeinben(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Abubakar Visits Fayose In Ekiti / $1 Billion Ogoni Cleanup: Senate Committee Launches Probe, Visits Wike (photos) / SW Leaders To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun In Lagos Over 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.