Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Cyber Lover - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cyber Lover (44341 Views)

Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! / Cyber Adventure / The Silent Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cyber Lover by frank317: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
@maedan, Atreus and Myne white, just read your piece and want to say congrats to you guys. I thought i was a good story teller until i read your works. however all of you seem to have stopped, please just kep the stories comming.

i actually didnt know the name to call my novel, then cyber love came to my head. well, lets see if the name corresponds and feel free to suggest a better name.

take ride with me as i take you to my world of suspence, thriller, romance and misery. i prmise no stopping and no dull moment. if its getting dull, ley me know, and i willchange my pace.

THE CYBER LOVER

CHAPTER ONE

Brenda Davis has been very worried since she received the call from Adam. The fact is that she was hoping that the reason why he sounded strange on the phone wasn’t what she was already suspecting. She could say that she was already experienced in matters concerning relationship and therefore can tell when a guy is getting fed up in a relationship. But right now, she didn’t want to believe her instincts. She can’t stand the thought of loosing Adam now. Her world will shatter. In fact, she won’t be able to survive it this time around.

Adam Walter had called her earlier in the day, telling her that he would like to discuss something important with her. He had gone ahead to tell her that the discussion will be for her own good, she must therefore come to his house as soon as possible.
Sitting on a stool in from of the two bedroom apartment she shared with her friend Jane, Brenda was oblivious of the cool and beautiful atmosphere the evening created. She allowed her mind to remember and analyze Adam’s behavior towards her in the past few weeks which was obviously the reason for her suspicion.
He had deliberately avoided her, giving her flimsy excuses for not being around as often as before. Whenever they were together, he would seem absent minded and uninterested in her concerns. If she seeks his opinion concerning any issue, he would laconically answer as if he was being bothered.

Although Brenda suspects that Adam is fed up with the relationship and might be calling it off soonest, she still hoped that her suspicion was false. She wanted to make herself believe that something else might be the problem; something she might not have guessed.
She looks at her wrist watch, it was almost 5pm. She must prepare for the meeting with Adam. Moreover, Jane will soon be back from work, she wouldn’t like Jane to meet her here sitting here looking all gloomy.
Brenda stood up and gracefully walked into the building. She walked straight into her room, took off her cloths and prepared herself for a shower. She stopped when she caught a glimpse of her naked self in the half sized mirror on her dressing table. At twenty three her youthfulness was radiating like the sun. She was average in height and light in complexion. Her body curve and features were proportionate enough to attract the opposite sex.
“I am beautiful”, she said to herself and tried to smile. A lot of people have told her this and she was very much aware of it. She has a very charming smile that is strong enough to make any man’s heart beat stop for some seconds.
“I am alright; why should anyone reject me?” Brenda knew she has so many female qualities that most girls don’t have. One special quality she’s got is her gentle nature; a king of peaceful aura that she carries everywhere she goes. This makes most people find it easy to talk and associate with her.
“But why are things not going my way? What is it about me that turn men off after some time with me?” she whispered.
No! She thought, maybe she is getting it all wrong. Maybe Adam has some other personal problems and needs. She should help him instead of accusing him of wanting to leave her. Perhaps she was letting her past experience with men get into her relationship with Adam.
She hurriedly left the room and entered the bathroom. She looked forward to seeing Adam. She will be there for him, what ever it is she is going through. She wont let it affect her blissful relationship, therefore she must stop being selfish.
She mustn’t keep him waiting.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2009
Brenda met Adam Walter fourteen months ago when she was in her final year at Star Gate University, Lupe. She had gone to a nearby restaurant with her best friend and classmate, Jane, to give themselves a treat.
It was their first week as final year students and Jane had suggested that they should take themselves out. Rosy Restaurant seemed the best choice since it was nearby and affordable for them at that period.

Brenda had noticed Adam the moment he walked into the restaurant. He was a bit taller than her and good looking. She was quick to notice his neat sense of dressing and his well trimmed hairy face and it all appealed to her. Jane had noticed her friend’s eye movement and decided to follow them. She immediately understood why her friend had been distracted.
But they quickly forgot about him as soon as their order was served.
Brenda was just getting over her breakup with Derek Brown and believed within her that she wasn’t yet ready to admire the opposite sex.
But when she looked up, he was approaching them.
“Oh my God. He is coming towards us” she quickly notified Jane.
Jane, a skinny and pretty girl, looked back, and could easily tell that he was attracted to Brenda.
“Hi girls” He greeted, in a gentle but masculine voice. His eyes were fixed on Brenda.
“Hello.” Brenda briefly replied, she was the more polite of the two.
“I hope you girls won’t mind if I lunch with you?” Although it was meant to be a general question, Brenda could sense that it was directed at her.
“As a mater of fact, we’d really prefer it if we lunch alone. This a special occasion and it is just for the two of us.” She politely answered.
Adam didn’t seem to be listening; he was already making himself comfortable on an empty chair by their table. It was obvious that he wasn’t going to allow himself to be turned of by Brenda’s words.
“I won’t be fair to you girls and even to myself if I allow you to lunch alone. Don’t worry, I promise to be a perfect gentle man”
Brenda and Jane were short of words. They had no choice but to allow him to stay, They remained silent and watched out for his next move.
“I am Adam Walter; please may I get to know your names?” He asked, concentrating on Brenda.
Brenda didn’t want to open up at first. She really wanted to keep of men. She looked at Jane and saw a look of approval on her face. So she reluctantly answered. “I am Brenda and that is my best friend, Jane”
“Hello Jane.” He turned his attention to Jane. “I am really sorry for bulging into your special occasion. I don’t intend to spoil it, rather I will add more flavor to it. What are you girls celebrating?”
“We are celebrating our first semester as final year students.” Jane replied.
“Oh, that’s cool. Congratulation girls.”
“Thank you” They both responded.
“Brenda. What a name?”
This statement caught Brenda’s attention. “What is wrong with the name?”
“I like it. I like you also. I will also like to be your friend.” He confidently replied.
All through lunch, Brenda tried to politely turn him off, but he didn’t allow her to succeed. Jane was at the other end, giving her signs of encouragement. It was clear that Jane approved of him.
And that was the beginning of a blissful relationship between Adam and Brenda.
He did not relent in showing her the best side of him. He was 26years and had just gotten a job with a communication company. He used all the resources within his reach to shower her with gifts. He made sure he called her every night and tell her sweet words that would nudge her head to sleep.
At first Brenda wasn’t confident that he was for real but his persistent attention towards her did a lot to convince her. After four months Brenda believed that she had finally found her self the right man to date. Brenda was the type who, at any slightly perceived genuine interest from the opposite sex, quickly forms emotional attachment that is difficult for her to break.
She felt like she was at the top of the world as Adam continued to prove her love for her as days turned into weeks and weeks into months. She gave him her heart, she believed in him and she believed in the future. He proved to her that he was capable of any good thing she thought of him.
He was exciting to be with, he was strong and caring and he was handsome. What more could a girl ask for.
Anytime he happened to be away on business engagement, she would sit alone and reminisce on the times thy shared together and the perfectness of the moments would gladden her and set her mind at peace.
She loved him.
And she was very sure he loved her.

Brenda and Jane graduated eight months later. Jane immediately secured a job in a new generation bank. She asked Brenda to come and stay with her while on job hunt. Brenda gratefully accepted since she didn’t want to stay at home with her poor parents in her jobless state. Brenda’s desire was to go for her masters immediately after her degree, but the circumstances surrounding her made in necessary that she secures a job first so that she can sponsor herself all through her masters program.
Securing a job with just her degree wasn’t easy for Brenda. After writing series of job application letter and submitting her curriculum vitea to various organizations, she accepted a teaching job in a nearby primary school while she waited to be called for interview. Brenda knew she deserved better and given her qualification, she was confident that she will soon be called for job interview. So she patiently waited.
Adam also contributed to Brenda’s confidence, he made her feel secured. She was also hoping that anytime from now, he would come up with the idea of marriage. All these while, the look of love in his eyes tells her that she will soon be his future partner.
But recently, when she thought the relationship should be at its peak, Adam is acting strange. For no reason that she could remember, his love for her seem to be declining, she can’t seem to figure out the problem.
Since then, Brenda has been living in far of loosing Adam. She had complained to Jane, but her friend seemed not to have any solution to her problem. Jane had only encouraged her to be patient with him and that he will soon change.
So she thought the best thing to do was to pray and pray, for she won’t be able to stand another heart break.

1 Like

Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
Brenda met Adam Walter fourteen months ago when she was in her final year at Star Gate University, Lupe. She had gone to a nearby restaurant with her best friend and classmate, Jane, to give themselves a treat.
It was their first week as final year students and Jane had suggested that they should take themselves out. Rosy Restaurant seemed the best choice since it was nearby and affordable for them at that period.
Brenda had noticed Adam the moment he walked into the restaurant. He was a bit taller than her and good looking. She was quick to notice his neat sense of dressing and his well trimmed hairy face and it all appealed to her. Jane had noticed her friend’s eye movement and decided to follow them. She immediately understood why her friend had been distracted.
But they quickly forgot about him as soon as their order was served.
Brenda was just getting over her breakup with Derek Brown and believed within her that she wasn’t yet ready to admire the opposite sex.
But when she looked up, he was approaching them.
“Oh my God. He is coming towards us” she quickly notified Jane.
Jane, a skinny and pretty girl, looked back, and could easily tell that he was attracted to Brenda.
“Hi girls” He greeted, in a gentle but masculine voice. His eyes were fixed on Brenda.
“Hello.” Brenda briefly replied, she was the more polite of the two.
“I hope you girls won’t mind if I lunch with you?” Although it was meant to be a general question, Brenda could sense that it was directed at her.
“As a mater of fact, we’d really prefer it if we lunch alone. This a special occasion and it is just for the two of us.” She politely answered.
Adam didn’t seem to be listening; he was already making himself comfortable on an empty chair by their table. It was obvious that he wasn’t going to allow himself to be turned of by Brenda’s words.
“I won’t be fair to you girls and even to myself if I allow you to lunch alone. Don’t worry, I promise to be a perfect gentle man”
Brenda and Jane were short of words. They had no choice but to allow him to stay, They remained silent and watched out for his next move.
“I am Adam Walter; please may I get to know your names?” He asked, concentrating on Brenda.
Brenda didn’t want to open up at first. She really wanted to keep of men. She looked at Jane and saw a look of approval on her face. So she reluctantly answered. “I am Brenda and that is my best friend, Jane”
“Hello Jane.” He turned his attention to Jane. “I am really sorry for bulging into your special occasion. I don’t intend to spoil it, rather I will add more flavor to it. What are you girls celebrating?”
“We are celebrating our first semester as final year students.” Jane replied.
“Oh, that’s cool. Congratulation girls.”
“Thank you” They both responded.
“Brenda. What a name?”
This statement caught Brenda’s attention. “What is wrong with the name?”
“I like it. I like you also. I will also like to be your friend.” He confidently replied.
All through lunch, Brenda tried to politely turn him off, but he didn’t allow her to succeed. Jane was at the other end, giving her signs of encouragement. It was clear that Jane approved of him.
And that was the beginning of a blissful relationship between Adam and Brenda.
He did not relent in showing her the best side of him. He was 26years and had just gotten a job with a communication company. He used all the resources within his reach to shower her with gifts. He made sure he called her every night and tell her sweet words that would nudge her head to sleep.
At first Brenda wasn’t confident that he was for real but his persistent attention towards her did a lot to convince her. After four months Brenda believed that she had finally found her self the right man to date. Brenda was the type who, at any slightly perceived genuine interest from the opposite sex, quickly forms emotional attachment that is difficult for her to break.
She felt like she was at the top of the world as Adam continued to prove her love for her as days turned into weeks and weeks into months. She gave him her heart, she believed in him and she believed in the future. He proved to her that he was capable of any good thing she thought of him.
He was exciting to be with, he was strong and caring and he was handsome. What more could a girl ask for.
Anytime he happened to be away on business engagement, she would sit alone and reminisce on the times thy shared together and the perfectness of the moments would gladden her and set her mind at peace.
She loved him.
And she was very sure he loved her.

Brenda and Jane graduated eight months later. Jane immediately secured a job in a new generation bank. She asked Brenda to come and stay with her while on job hunt. Brenda gratefully accepted since she didn’t want to stay at home with her poor parents in her jobless state. Brenda’s desire was to go for her masters immediately after her degree, but the circumstances surrounding her made in necessary that she secures a job first so that she can sponsor herself all through her masters program.
Securing a job with just her degree wasn’t easy for Brenda. After writing series of job application letter and submitting her curriculum vitea to various organizations, she accepted a teaching job in a nearby primary school while she waited to be called for interview. Brenda knew she deserved better and given her qualification, she was confident that she will soon be called for job interview. So she patiently waited.
Adam also contributed to Brenda’s confidence, he made her feel secured. She was also hoping that anytime from now, he would come up with the idea of marriage. All these while, the look of love in his eyes tells her that she will soon be his future partner.
But recently, when she thought the relationship should be at its peak, Adam is acting strange. For no reason that she could remember, his love for her seem to be declining, she can’t seem to figure out the problem.
Since then, Brenda has been living in far of loosing Adam. She had complained to Jane, but her friend seemed not to have any solution to her problem. Jane had only encouraged her to be patient with him and that he will soon change.
So she thought the best thing to do was to pray, pray and pray, for she won’t be able to stand another heart break.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
CHAPTER TWO
Adam Walter was fed up with her relationship with Brenda. He couldn’t understand why he felt this way. It was very glaring that Brenda was a nice and beautiful girl; most men will do anything to have her as a wife or girlfriend. But he was fed up. He didn’t want her anymore.
He knew that he was doing the wrong thing and was sure that she didn’t deserve the decision he was about to take. He was already feeling very guilty, but there comes a time in a man’s life when he just has to do what he has to do without caring about the consequence of his action or even how others concerned feel about it.
It was time for him to lay her off and stop wasting her time for there is no hope for the future between them. He had had enough of her; moreover there is a new girl in his life. A girl he met a couple of months ago at his work place. He smiled as he remembered her beautiful name, Tracy.
He didn’t want to start comparing Tracy to Brenda. It is just that he anticipates a brighter future with Tracy. He thinks Tracy is prettier than Brenda, but he won’t deny that there a lot of qualities that Brenda has that will make her a better wife choice, but Tracy is hotter, every man desires a hot girl.
He hated the burden of guilt that he felt. It is surprising how guilt can make u feel so heavy and uncomfortable, how it keeps haunting you and funny enough how you can’t stop doing those things that makes you feel guilty.
So the best thing to do, Adam thought, was to go with his conscience. He must make himself believe that he is not the right man for her, she deserves somebody better. She must go before he ruins her life. He was sure going to miss her. But his internal tap that was flowing with feeling for her has stopped flowing and no matter how wonderful, pretty and perfect she is, he does not want her anymore.

Any moment from now, she will be here, it was almost six pm and he knew she was probably on her way to his house. Adam lived in a beautifully furnished three bedroom flat on Stream Street. Brenda had been there when he rented it. She had even assisted him in furnishing the house to such a satisfactory state.
A nice girl she has been, a nice lay also.
He was trying to slot a DVD plate into his DVD player when he heard a knock on the door. He knew she was the one.
“I am coming” he loudly called out.
Re: The Cyber Lover by maedan(f): 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
Really nice, @ frank3.16!! And I really mean that wink. The characters are so real, especially that Adam grin. I'll be watching out for his nemesis cheesy.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2009
thanks @maedan
actually, this story is going to be far deeper that u can imagine, it goes beyond ordinary nemesis
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2009
He gave himself some time by carefully switching on the television and allowing the DVD to play for some seconds. He knew that it wasn’t going to be an easy task.
He opened the door and was looking directly into Brenda’s beautiful and innocent face. She looked wonderful in her body hug white top and sky blue jeans. Her hair was neatly parked, giving her face a perfect shape. She was trying to force a smile but that didn’t stop him from noticing a trace of worry on her beautiful face.
He instantly felt more guilt, wondering if he will ever be able to tell her what he wanted to tell her.
“Come in” he said, and left the door open while he walked back to the seat that was directly opposite to the television.
Brenda gently walked in and closed the door behind her. She didn’t like the look on his face. Something was definitely wrong. 
“Adam, I hope it is nothing serious, I didn’t like the way you sounded on the phone” she said as she sat on the seat very close to him.
“Why don’t you relax first, we have a lot to talk about. You can take some drinks from the fridge”
“I am okay, I don’t want to drink anything, I am just worried that’s all.” She said.
There was silence in the room for sometime; Brenda was not comfortable with it. “Adam, I said that I am really worried. Why don’t you tell me why you think it is so urgent that I should see you instead of keeping me in suspense?”
Adam sighed and continued to focus his attention on the television. God! She thought, he is so handsome.
“Brenda” He gently called her. She loves it when he calls her that way. “I have been going through series of personal problems for the past few weeks. It has affected me at my work place and even my relationship with people. I …I don’t know how to say this… I am going through a phase in my life and I have been thinking about us.”
This is it, she thought, he said about us. But she remained silent, her heart was beating. She allowed him to continue.
“I found out that hanging out with you will only make you a victim and that is not what you deserve.” He said.
“A victim of what?” she gently probed.
“You won’t understand Brenda, but I want to go through this alone. I want us to stop seeing each other, let’s watch and see, maybe things will get better and we will start all over again. But for now I don’t want to be involved with anyone. I want to be left alone. I just hope you will understand.” He concluded
Her whole body began to shiver. “Adam, I am not worried about being a victim or being involved with your problem. All you have to do is share it with me so that I can be part of it. Together we will come up with a solution. But please don’t push me out of your life.” She pleaded.
“I am sorry Brenda, I have already taken my decision, there is no point deceiving you.” He maintained.
“Perhaps I have done something wrong, just tell me. I will make amend, what ever you want.”
“This is not about you; I really want you to believe me when I say it is for your own good. Well, I really don’t expect you to understand. You know what? I have to go into my room, I want to be left alone and I don’t want to talk about this anymore.”
Brenda thought she was going to die or at least faint. She couldn’t understand. Isn’t this her loving Adam? All the happiness she had ever known is suddenly coming to an end. The look on his face told her that this is really over for sure.  She had seen that look before, this wasn’t the first time a man is giving her that look. Begging him will actually make no difference.
She felt weak. She felt foolish and worthless. Yes, maybe she is actually worthless; that is why men use her and dump her like a piece of rag. Maybe she was just a piece of shit.
She managed to stand up and with the last strength, left the building. She didn’t know what else to do; maybe she was in some kind of dream. As she walked on the street and thought about what just happened, she suddenly felt dizzy. She knew she was going to faint, everything became blurred. But she kept in walking; she must not faint, not on Stream Street. God, perhaps it is better she dies right away.

**         **                            **           **                          **             **                           **              **

Michael Black was driving slowly through Stream Street. He was in a good mood. From his car stereo, R. Kelly’s music played and he nodded to the rhythm. He had just left his friends at Suzie’s Bar where there were sipping some bottles of beer. His friends all seemed to be in a good mood and where ready to buy much more alcohol than his stomach can ingest. He didn’t want to get himself drunk; tomorrow will be a busy day at work so after just two bottles he excused himself and left for home. Right now he was in high spirit. The alcohol in his system was blending well with the music playing from his stereo to make him be in the right mood.
Michael Black has a lot of reasons to be a happy man. Therefore his good mood could not only be attributed to alcohol and music. At twenty eight years, he was the personnel manager of a great multi national company of which his performance has been impressive for the past six months. The future seemed bright. His decisions have proved effective and good for the company and his employers and coworkers all seem to believe in him. His salary has just been increased recently, he just bought the house he is presently living in and he will soon be traveling to UK for more training.
He was loved by everyone at his work place and he also loved his job. Michael was a gregarious and fun loving person. He easily makes lasting strong impression on people he meets for the first time and finds it easy to mix with people of different types of personalities. He could say his study as a psychologist both at his degree and masters level has helped him developed this personality trait.
Michael was undeniably handsome. Tall and well built with an assuring masculine voice that blends perfectly well with his easy going nature.
But Michael was celibate. Not even a girlfriend. This has always mystified his friends and everybody around him. But he seemed happy as a single man because he wasn’t doing anything about it. Whenever he was approached with the issue, he would listlessly reply that he was still searching for the right girl. Michael’s only problem was that he was very selective with girls. He always tells his friends that his mind has been able to construct a mental image of the girl he would love to date or marry. Her personality and structure was already in his mind and so any girl that comes across him and she does not match with the image in his head, he makes sure that no sexual relationship exists between them.
His friends always remind him of how impossible it is for him to get such a girl and how necessary it is for him to adjust his mind set and engage with the available girls. He assures them that he knows what he is doing and is sure of getting the girl of his dreams, all he needs is patience.
Sometimes in the past he had dated different girls and experience had taught him to exercise self control and wait for his dream girl. But even now, the ladies won’t let him be. He always finds a psychologically soothing way to tell them off without hurting them. Michael enjoys his celibate status although he sometimes wishes to be in the arms of a woman he loves, but till then, he won’t relent in enjoying every bit of his successful life.
Now, as he slowly drove through Stream Street, he was quick to notice a young average heighted girl walking as if she had been drugged. He became curious and even slowed down as he continued to observe her. She was elegantly dressed and he could guess that she was a beautiful girl just by viewing her from behind.
Suddenly the girl missed her step and fell to the ground. He was alarmed and quickly pulled over beside her. Swiftly, he got out of the car looking around for help as he hurried towards the helpless girl.     
The street was scanty; nobody else seemed to have noticed what was happening. As a psychologist, Michael knew little about first aid. A quick close observation revealed that she had just fainted and just needed immediate medical attention. He checked her pulse, it was normal, so without trying to revive her, he quickly carried her to the car. She was heavy and with little difficultly, he was able to successfully make her comfortable in the car. He quickly drove as he prayed that nothing bad happens to the poor girl.

3 Likes

Re: The Cyber Lover by maedan(f): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2009
Verrrry nice.
I read it so fast I'm afraid you're going to be in trouble cheesy
Because I'll soon start haunting you to be quick about continuing.
I like your writing style, it's very natural but gripping.
The break-up scene was so raw I could have thought I was actually seeing it happen.
Keep it up, good job.

1 Like

Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ maedan i will try to keep up to your reading pace, its just that i am not fast in typing and i am a little bit busy but i promise you that u wont regret being patient with me and evntually reading this story.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
Michael was very familiar most of the staff in Standard Hospital. It was the only hospital he patronizes when ever he was ill as long as he was in Lupe. Moreover one of the doctors, Doctor Christopher, popularly known as Dr. Chris, was his very good friend.
Upon seeing how fast Michael drove into the compound, two nurses rushed to the car and before Michael could say a word, there was a stretcher beside his car. Michael followed them into the hospital but halted when he saw Dr. Chris coming towards his direction. The doctor stopped the nurses carrying the patient on the stretcher and did a brief professional examination on her.
“Take her to room 110, I will be with you in a minute” he said after a few seconds.
Then he turned his attention to Michael who was already eager to explain what really happened to him. The excitement had already cleared away the little effect the alcohol had on him. “I see she fainted, but she will be okay. What really happened Michael?” Dr. Chris asked without formerly greeting Michael.
“I was driving along Stream Street when I saw her walking sluggishly, and before I could say Jack, she slumped to the ground. So I quickly rushed her here.” Mark quickly said.
“Oh, you don’t even know her?”
“No, Chris.”
“Well, she is not in serious condition, but it is important we contact any of her family members, they deserve to be alerted. Just hang around let me go inside and make sure she is alright.” Dr. Chris said as he pointed to the nearest empty long seat meant for visitors.

Fifteen minutes later, Dr. Chris came out.
“We have revived her” He said as he led Michael into his office. “Her name is Brenda Davis. Emotional breakdown, sad news, obviously heartbreak I guess. She asked that her friend be contacted. This is her cell phone number.” He handed Michael a piece of paper as he sad down on his rather large seat. “She also asked to see Good Samaritan who brought her here.”
“That’s alright, I will make the call and then we can go in and see her.” Michael reached for his cell phone and quickly dialed the number on the piece of paper. After informing Jane of Brenda’s condition, and giving her the address of the hospital, he said, “Let’s go and see the patient.”

Taken over by impatience and concern, Michael had not been able to take a close look at the girl he had rescued. As he entered the hospital room and saw her sitting on the bed, he knew instantly that he had found the girl of his dreams. Physically, she was everything that he had dreamed of, the smile, the posture, the gentleness that seemed to be her real nature. She looked very vulnerable and there was a sudden urge within him to protect her. She was beautiful, and more importantly likeable. He became more concerned to know what happened to her. What went so wrong that she even lost consciousness? Maybe he could help her.
“This is Mr. Black. He is the good man that brought you here when you fainted at Stream Street.” Dr. Chris introduced.
“Hello” Michael quickly greeted. “I can see that you are much stronger and brighter.”
“I am really fine now, oh, I am sorry for the inconvenience that I have caused you this evening. Thank you very much for the help. You don’t know how grateful I am.” Brenda said.
“I am actually glad that I was there to help you.”
“I didn’t know what really happened; I just got dizzy and couldn’t control myself any longer”
“It is aright. I thank God that you are fine now. I have called your friend. She should be here anytime from now.”
“Oh thank you Mr. Black. I can’t thank you enough.” She was trying so hard not to show her sadness. She couldn’t still believe that Adam had really left her. What is she going to do with her life once she leaves the hospital?
“Please call me Michael”
Before she could reply, Jane stormed into the room and went straight to give her a hug. Brenda held unto her like she was the only precious thing on earth.
Michael was quick to notice streams of tears running down her cheeks. This girl is really depressed he thought. I wonder why someone would hurt her; she doesn’t look like she can hurt anyone.
“What happened?” Jane asked her.
Seeing that Brenda wasn’t ready to talk about her problems in front of a stranger, Michael quickly cut in, “I’d better be leaving. Can I have your contact? I will like to be sure that you are alright.
“Oh yes, emm… Jane, this is Mr… this is Michael, he brought me to the hospital and also notified you.” Brenda said.
“Thank you sir, I am really grateful.”
“Its okay.” He collected the piece of paper Brenda handed to him. “And you don’t have to worry about the medical bills, have already taken care of that.”
Both girls were touched by his kindness. And Brenda said, “You shouldn’t have bothered, you have already done so much for me.”
“No problem at all.” He was already walking towards the door. “This is my complimentary card.” He handed it to Jane. “You girls should take care of yourselves. I will keep in touch.” He bade them farewell and walked out of the room. He looked forward to seeing Brenda again.

1 Like

Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
Lupe prison was situated at an isolated area of the town. It had a very large compound with a great wall. People dreaded being associated with Lupe prison, not just because of the general impression people have about prisons, but because of harsh stories told about this particular prison. The death rate for inmates in this prison was very high mainly because of the hash conditions inmates face; here the inmates really pay the prize for the crimes they commit. Most prisoners who successfully stay their tenure in this prison always pray that nothing ever takes them back there.
This was where Nimrod James had been for the past four years. Nimrod hated this prison with all his life. He couldn’t wait to be free once again; to have the freedom to do whatever he like whenever he wants. His body system has never adjusted to the life in the prison despite staying there for four years. He couldn’t stop praying to God, if there is one, that time should fly so that he will be free once again.
Here he was treated like shit by the prison waders. He is made to eat rubbish and subjected to hard labour everyday. Every little offence one does; he is made to suffer dearly. Suffering that cannot be compared to the offence.
Moreover, he had an unfinished business out there in the free world. Nimrod was vindictive. He must get back at the young man whose fault it was that he is in prison. He must die, not only die but die slowly and painfully. He will teach the busy body fellow how to mind his own business.
He has just one month to stay. He couldn’t wait. He already has enough information about the busybody fellow. They said his name is Michael Black and he lives comfortably in No 8 Glow Street.
As Nimrod thought about Michael, he held unto the prison bar. He wished it was Michael’s neck; he wanted to squeeze the rich neck in a way that no word will ever come from it again.
Nimrod was the leader of a nameless Gang before he got into prison. His followers respected him a lot and still wait patiently for his release. Through them he had gotten all the information about Michael Black. He had asked them not to let him out of their sight and he believed that they were doing a great job because Michael didn’t even know that he was being watched
Nimrod was a psychotic killer. He didn’t just only love the act of killing; he also has a sadistic tendency that causes him to inflict so much pain on his victims before killing them. He enjoys so much pleasure from the sound of their cry of pain, the way they plead and die slowly.
He was a very organized person and hardly makes mistakes in whatever he does. This was a good reason why he had successfully killed more than twelve people in his life time without being caught. Nimrod loves his freedom and time it takes for him to plan his actions. He was really having much fun with his life before finding himself in the prison.
He grew up in a abusive home. He hated his father and his father also hated him. Nimrod had an elder sister who ran away from home before she was twenty. His father took so much pleasure in beating his children and when his daughter ran away from home with a man, he concentrated only on him.
The old man will beat the boy for a very little mistake and something he will purposely make the boy to provoke him so that he can beat him, leaving so many scares on the boy’s body. His mother was a drunk and never cared about what was going on at home. She would watcher husband almost strangle the kids, but all she quickly does is leave the house and come back home later vey drunk.
At school Nimrod would exercise all he had learnt from his father on his classmates. He would beat them and threaten them not tell their teachers. He was a very neat and organized young boy, and so was able to deceive the authorities into believing that he was a normal student.
But he made a mistake one day and one of his teachers found out that he was a psychotic bully. Nimrod was expelled from school and this shattered him. He became hopeless, without any plan for the future. He stayed at home wondering from one place to another but most importantly carefully planning on how he was going to get back at his teacher. A year later, Nimrod found the opportunity to revenge and he did not hesitate. He found his way into the teacher’s home and stabbed him continuously until the man gave up the ghost.
He was only seventeen year old.
That was Nimrod’s first taste of murder and he enjoyed a gratifying sensation both during and after the act. Nimrod instantly knew that he had found himself an occupation. He was going to do it again and again but he must make sure that he is never caught. He started planning on how he was going to kill his father, then maybe his mother.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2009
Four years later Nimrod killed his father. He did it in the old man’s bedroom with a cutlass; cutting him all over and watched him cry and die slowly, there, Nimrod had his first orgasm. He couldn’t wait for his mother to return, so he left home. Before leaving town, he went to the bar where his mother normally drinks and set it on fire. Nobody saw him in that neighborhood again.
Nimrod survived by indulging in petty stealing and moving form one town to another. Soon he joined a gang of thieves and learnt to perfect in ruthlessness, murdering anyone he perceives as a threat. His peers were afraid of him especially after seeing him commit the act of murder. To them, he was insane.
In the next four years, Nimrod joined more that four different gangs after domineering and getting tired of the former until he found himself in Lupe. He joined a gang of intelligent thieves and within six months he became influential among them. The leader of the gang, Glen, didn’t like this development and so he secretly starts to antagonize Nimrod. Glen, like other members, was terrified of him. They didn’t understand why Nimrod killed people the way he did. The boy was sick.
With time, Nimrod got more loyalists and started agitating to be the leader. Glen decided to opt out of the group but Nimrod and the rest of the gang didn’t see it as a good idea, knowing that if he leaves, he was going to be a danger to them.
They all respected Nimrod. He was organized and tactical. He made no mistakes and so there was less risk of being caught. The only problem was his over indulgence in that act of brutal murder, but he seemed to know better how to take care of that.
Nimrod decided that the best thing was to eliminate Glen, so one night, he broke into Glen’s house alone; he was going to have fun.
He loved talking before killing his victims, so he decided to chat a little with the obviously terrified Glen.
“So you are planning to leave the gang right?” Nimrod gently asked.
“I told you before, I have no choice. I am not comfortable with you coming form nowhere and taking over my organization. Since they all seem to worship you, I’d better leave. “Glen was trying so hard not to sound or look intimidated.
“Well, that’s no excuse. You are stuck with us till death do us path. I can’t allow you to go”
“I can’t promise you that, but I will think about it”
“I am not asking you for your opinion, you don’t have to think about anything” Nimrod was getting angry.
Glen became alarmed; he must be very careful and alert. “Why did you decide to break into my home at this hour, we could have discussed this tomorrow or any other time. I could charge for breaking into my house you know?”
He mustn’t let the psycho know that he is scared. He must be courageous, for his life could be at stake.
They were both of the same body build, probably the same strength, but Nimrod was definitely more skillful and dangerous.
Nimrod wasn’t intending to alert the neighbors so he brought a gun with him, all he needs to do is just to use the gun and make Glen do whatever he wants. He smiled; he was sure going to have fun tonight.
Suddenly there was a distant sound of police siren obviously coming toward them.
Shit! Nimrod thought, something must have gone wrong. The sound was now so close by. He mustn’t be caught. Without thinking, he hurriedly left the building.
Outside, he could see flashes of light coming from the police vehicle. He began to run and they followed him. What could have gone wrong? He thought.
Shit! He was trapped; another police vehicle had just appeared at the opposite end of the road. They were so close and he dashed into the nearest track road. He became hysteric. He didn’t even remember to dispose the gun.
The car stopped and he could hear footsteps behind him. End of the road. The road was a close and no where to run. He quickly pulled out the gun and threw it towards some rubbish.
They caught him and took him to Glen’s house, where other cops were already waiting. That was when he realized what had gone wrong.
A nosy jobless neighbor had seen him break into Glen’s building and alerted the cops.
Nimrod tried to deny every allegation, claiming that he was just passing by and had no idea what they were talking about. He knew Glen will deny knowing him.
But the young man who alerted the cops quickly came out and told them that he was positive that it was Nimrod who he saw breaking into the house.
“I don’t know what you are talking about. You are definitely making a mistake.” Nimrod denied.
“No, I am not mistaken. I am sure of what I saw. He is the one I saw breaking in.”
Glen had already denied that there was no one at his house claiming that his door was already bad. But, upon realizing that his neighbor Michael was already giving an evidential report, he quickly changed his statement and confessed that Nimrod actually broke into his house, maintaining that he had denied earlier on because he thought Nimrod had other gang members who would come for him after the cops are gone.
Nimrod’s gun was found and he was charged to caught and found guilty for the illegal possession of arm and for burglary. Glen’s neighbor was the witness and he was very convincing. Nimrod was sentenced to four years in prison with hard labour.
There he swore that he must get back at the young man as long as he is still on earth.
Glen on the other hand blamed Nimrod’s conviction on his neighbor.
As Nimrod sits on the prison floor, lost in thought, a shrieking and irritating sound of whistle jolted him out of his reverie. It was time to sleep. That night he dreamt that he was forcing a hot long rod into Michael’s anus. The young man cried in pain until the dream faded away.
Re: The Cyber Lover by ravenzord(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ frank: Yeah,I'm loving this story. . .that Nimrod guy seems like one badass guy. However I have some problems,like ur tenses,U keep switching between present continuous and past tense.,don't U think U should stick to one? It would make the story easier 2 follow. Good story all the same,big ups.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
Thanks @ravenzord
to be honest with you, sticking to either present or past tense is my main problem. i really dont know why english is so easy to speak but difficult to write. perhaps thats why we need editors.
but i promise you to stick to one, maybe, past tense. its difficult for me, but i will try my best
Re: The Cyber Lover by MyneWhite1(f): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2009
This is a good story, I satrted yesterday and waited to comment till now so I have a good handle. The plot is flowing, the characters well described and developed. You have a knack for fleshing out the lines, Nice. I see some typos, misspellings and tense confusion. Once this is done, you'll be fantastic. Keep writing.
Re: The Cyber Lover by rayzbay(f): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2009
this is a good story both captivating and interesting.welldone
Re: The Cyber Lover by maedan(f): 1:51am On Oct 09, 2009
@frank 3.16
Wow, it all took a crazy turn I began to wonder if it was the same story!! I still like it though, and would definitely watch this space. One of the nicest stories I've read on this thread - but this is just the beginning so let's see wink. I trust you though smiley.
Re: The Cyber Lover by bluespice(f): 2:39am On Oct 09, 2009
i dont think u should write your story to correlate to your story title tongue
either way, i like your train of thought so far
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2009
Thanks guys. I was begining to think that my story is boring, but you guys have proved me wrong. as for typo erros and tense confusion. i will try to minimize them, but hey, honestly i get confused sometimes. i gues i will take my time to read again and again after i am through.

@bluespice please explain to me better what you mean by correlating my story with my story. that gramma pass my power
Re: The Cyber Lover by Orikinla(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2009
I have just seen your fiction and I like the title.

A Nairaland Book of Selected Short Stories would be a good way to encourage the authors of the short stories posted on this board.

Two thumbs up!
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
CHAPTER 3

Jane came home early from work and met Brenda watching television in the sitting room. Brenda still looked unkempt and was obviously not concentrating on the program on the television. She was absent minded and oblivious of her immediate environment.
This had been her condition since she came back from the hospital five days ago. Jane knew that there was very little or nothing could do to bring her friend out of her depression, but a least she will try her best.
“I came back early so that two of us can go out together. We can visit a fast food or any other place interesting.” Jane gently said after dropping her bag and sitting beside her friend.
Brenda slowly looked at her and said. Welcome home, but I don’t want to go anywhere, I hope you don’t mind. I just want to stay at home, that’s all.”
“But you have barely stepped your foot outside since you came back from the hospital. Why don’t you take some time out, it could change your mood.”
“I am worthless; I am just a piece of rag. What do I need to change my mood for? So that another man will see me, convince me that I am his all and all only for me to be dumped like a piece of rag? No, I just want to be left alone.”
Brenda’s situation was getting out of hand and Jane was beginning to think that she won’t be able to handle her this time around.
Jane had witnessed two of Brenda’s previous broken relationships.
Unlike her, Brenda has always had plenty of male admirers, but somehow she seemed to always fall for the wrong set of guys. Jane had been broken hearted before but the relationship had not been as deep and intense like all Brenda’s three broken relationships and she had found it easy to get over it. Right now she is in serious relationship with her wedding date just by the corner.
Brenda’s first serious love was Benjamin. A cute young man who treated Brenda like and angel, this relationship was so rosy to the extent that Jane found herself unconsciously getting envious of her friend.
But barely eight months into the relationship, Brenda discovered that Benjamin had gotten another girl pregnant. Without any remorse, Benjamin accepted responsibility for the baby and shoved Brenda away like she never really mattered.
Jane had been there for her and made sure that Brenda didn’t allow the breakup to discourage her. Luckily Brenda was strong and she gradually got over Benjamin. But the scare still remained as she promised herself to be more careful with men.
Four months later Derek Hunter came into Brenda’s life. Derek was an improved version of Benjamin. He was intelligent, smart and handsome. He was also very judicious and with little stress he was able to convince Brenda to go fall in love. Brenda was proud of Derek; he was a very confident man and made Brenda feel secured. Brenda trusted him and relied so much on his sense of judgment. He helped Brenda in living a more organized life especially in her school activates.
The relationship lasted only seventeen months. Derek worked with an oil company and was sent for three months training at a far away city. After a month he stopped calling Brenda and his number was out of service. All her effort in trying to reach him did not work out but she found out from his work place that he was perfectly alright. So she decided to patiently wait for him to come back despite her worries.
After three month, Derek called her and told her that he will be back in a week’s time without bothering to explain anything.
Derek came back and became a different person. He stopped calling, claimed to be very busy and asked Brenda not to come around unless he asked her to come, he never did.
Brenda decided to pay him a surprised visit, and found him at home with a lady who was obviously his lover. Derek surprisingly asked her out, telling her he will see her and work things out, again, he never did.
Brenda cried day and night and went through self torture, but with the help of Jane she was able to get over it although it wasn’t easy, but she did eventfully.
Remembering how hard it was for Brenda to get over her last break up, Jane was sure that this situation will be beyond her. If possible she will need to get Brenda a professional help. Brenda was almost turning to a vegetable.
Jane left her in the sitting room and walked into the kitchen, she was hungry. From the look of the kitchen, Brenda had obviously not taken both her breakfast and lunch. She became angry. Brenda had emaciated and will soon be sick if the situation is not handled.
Jane left the kitchen to confront her, but heard her cell phone ring. She stopped as Brenda answered.
“Hello” Brenda replied wryly
“Hi, it’s me Michael”
“Oh, Michael”
“How are you?
“I am fine; in fact, I am stronger than you can imagine”
“That’s nice to hear. And how is your friend Jane?”
“She is fine, she just came back from work” Brenda looked up at her friend Jane who was observing her from the kitchen door.
“I just called to find out how you are doing and make sure that you have not fainted again.” Michael bantered.
“No I have not fainted and I promise you that I won’t faint again.” She replied, trying so hard to sound cheerful.
“Ok. One of these days I will come around and see how you are doing, perhaps we could go out together and get to know each other better.”
Brenda suddenly got angry. “Well, Mr. Michael, I appreciate your kindness, but I will appreciate it better if you forget about knowing us better. I believe you have better things to do; we are equally busy over here.”
There was silence.
“Well, that is okay. I just want to wish you all the best. I will call you some other time.”
Line went dead before she could reply. Brenda wasn’t expecting him to do that, she thought he was going to insist. Well, it is all for the best, he’d better not call again. She casually dropped the phone and fixed her eyes on the television.
Jane continued to stare at her; it was like Brenda had already forgotten that she was in the house.
“Who was that on the phone” Jane inquired.
Brenda gave her a boring look. “Michael, he just called the say hi. You remember him? The guy…”
“Yes I remember.” Jane cut in. “Should I bring you something to eat? “
“No, thanks”
“Look Brenda” She gently sat down beside her friend. “I don’t like the idea of you not eating anything. Look at you; do you want to starve yourself to death? You are getting so thin and unkempt.”
“I am not hungry Jane. Besides who cares about how I look? I might as well look like a scare crow, does it matter?”
“Yes it does. And you might at well get sick also. Have you thought of that? Don’t you think I care about you?”
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
“Jane, I think its best if you stop worrying about me. I promise you that I will take care of myself, just let me handle this my own way this time around. I will eat when I feel like, but for now I don’t feel like eating and there is nothing I can do about it.”
“Then let’s just take a walk” Jane pleaded.
“No. Not now, maybe some other time. Right now, I don’t feel like anything.”
Some other time. This had been her language since the breakup with Adam. Jane helplessly left the room. She was seriously thinking about Brenda. The poor girl needs help but she cannot help especially with this attitude of handling it her own way.
Jane was feeling frustrated that she couldn’t help her friend and won’t be able to do anything even if Brenda seeks her help. Something must be done fast before the situation gets out of hand. Brenda might turn suicidal, this thought made her more uncomfortable.
She can’t do this alone; otherwise he friend will continue to waste. She thought of alerting Brenda’s parents, but then thought against is it. It won’t be necessary to burden her poor parents, Brenda will sure not be happy with her.
Two days ago, she had gone to Dr. Chris and complained about Brenda’s situation. But the Dr. needed to see her Brenda who had refused to see anybody.
Michael. Yes, perhaps she should involve Michael. But wouldn’t she be taking matters to far? He friend might not like his involvement, besides; she wasn’t sure of what Michael can do. Dr. Chris had informed her that Michael was a Social Psychologist. He should therefore know something about matters like this.
Michael had called twice since he left them at the hospital. Jane wasn’t sure if the young man has feelings for Brenda or not. It won’t be a good idea to bring him in if he has any intention of asking her out.
Maybe he was just concerned for the poor girl he rescued from the street. He had seemed genuinely interested in helping Brenda. Jane was confused. Perhaps she should talk to him first and beg him to offer professional help to her poor friend. Even if he has the intention of dating Brenda, she must beg him to keep that aside for now and concentrate only on helping Brenda come get over her depression.
Jane did not know much about depression, but she heard about people who had committed suicide or develop psychological problem as a result their inability to cope with their depression.
She loved Brenda. They have been so close right from the first time the interacted with each other in their first year at Star Gate University. And the last thing she wants is for anything bad to worst than this to happen to her friend. She will never forgive herself.
Re: The Cyber Lover by maedan(f): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2009

Still captivating wink. The characters are real as ever too. Kudos.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
Thanks Maedan for reading and understanding despite the typo errors. damn, i dont know why i keep doing them, Your story was smooth without errors.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
Michael dropped his cell phone and stared at it like he was seeing it for the first time. Why was she so defensive? Did she actually turn his request to pay her a simple visit down?
Dr. Chris had said that she was suffering form heartbreak. The heartbreak must have gotten deep down into her brain. He wished he could see her and talk with her so that he can infer how depressed she is. She really sounded depressed on the phone.
Normally, ladies would want to be kind enough to people who helped them or at least pretend to like them just to show they are grateful. But Brenda had politely asked him not to come around. Well, he mustn’t draw conclusions just like that.
Oh God, he really wanted to see her again, but he didn’t want to visit her without her approval. He didn’t want to be a nuisance and make a fool of himself. How can he get the chance to get to know her better?
He was really concerned for Brenda and will really like to know what actually happened. Why would somebody in his right senses hurt such a harmless looking girl? He wished he could get the chance to know her better and take care of her and probably start a relationship if things work out well.
Surprisingly Michael had found himself thinking about her since the day he set his eyes on her. A feeling he had not felt for a long time. This is what he had been waiting for and he will do anything within his power to get her attention. The news of the heartbreak could be a good one for him, given his secondary intention. But first, he must get the details of everything that happened to her but he was out of ideas on how he was going to get the information he wants.
A sudden knock on his door startled him, and then he remembered that he was expecting a friend. Joel had called him thirty minutes ago and told him that he was already on his way to his house.
“The door is opened.” He didn’t have the strength for security precautions.
Joel Jackson, a dark short but thick man walked into the sitting room. Joel had a smile that contracts his whole face, a smile that could seem genuine but cannot be validated.
Joel got married six moths ago, but was always calling on Michael on how to handle his wife. According to him, she seemed to be a different woman from the woman he proposed to. She was becoming more and more difficult every day and the way Joel complained, Michael wasn’t sure if the marriage will last two years.
Joel works in the bank. His work combined with his marriage gave him less time to hand out with his friends lately. Michael’s complain about not seeing him often had led to the evening visit.
“Busy boy. Long time, it’s really nice seeing you.” Michael stood up from his seat to greet him. “How is the family?”
“Almighty Mike” Joel hailed him as they both shook hands and hugged. “My wife is fine, in fact she wanted to come with me but I found a way to convince her not to. She made me promise to come home early. She is beginning to miss me.” He walked straight to the fridge. “I hope you have some cold drinks here.”
“Definitely.”
Joel opened the fridge and took bottle of Small Stout. He was wearing a sky blue jeans and a tight long sleeve red shirt. He looked very smart.
“I hope the relationship is improving?” Michael asked as Joel sat by his side.
“Well, like you advised me the last time I complained. I have learned to let some things go and make sacrifices for the sake of happiness and peace. My attention to little things is beginning to make her feel guilty. We are both adjusting, something we should have done earlier. I guess learning never stops.”
“Yes, with time everything will come to normalcy and you will begin to appreciate yourselves like you have never done. I guess I won’t have to keep you so long, for you must go home and stay with the wife.”
“No, don’t worry about that. I have already cooked up good reason to be out late. So how is Mr. Bachelor doing, I miss you man.” Joel said with a wide smile. “Are you still waiting on God to send down an angel for you?”
“Mnnn…, I might have seen my angel. I met a lady recently but there is a little complication.” Michael replied thoughtfully
“What complication?”
“I am coming.” Michael quickly stood up and rushed to the fridge. He came back to his seat with a bottle of stout. He picked up his remote control and pressed play.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
R. Kelly’s music played softly from his Home Theater DVD. Then he quickly told Joel about Brenda. “In fact this girl is God’s sent. She was made for me.”
“This is a really complicated one. Depression from heartbreak is s very difficult one. But what can I say, you are the psychologist.” Joel said.
“I just spoke to her on the phone, just before you entered. She turned me down when I offered to pay her a visit.’
“Take it easy now. Why are you rushing her? She is doing what she should do as a woman.”
“I don’t think the problem is that I am rushing her. She is shutting out men from her life because of what she is going through. Joel, I have never stopped thinking about this girl since I saw her. I am almost going crazy.”
Joel laughed for some minutes. “This is serious. Mr. Bachelor needs a lady, I can’t believe this.”
“This is not a laughing matter.”
“Well, I think you should give her time, and then concentrate on gaining her confidence.” Joel advised.
“I just hope that it will not be too late. You can’t tell the next move of a heartbroken lady.” Michael was almost through with his beer.
“Give her some time, maybe a week, and then call her. You are the psychologist, you should know better.” Joel maintained.
“Not when you are clouded with emotions.” He stood up to get more beer. “I strongly believe that I will come up with a solution, after all she is my God’s sent. So what have been happening with you?” He changed the subject as he sat down and handed Joel a second bottle. They talked about a lot of issues for about an hour. Michael enjoys Joel’s company a lot.
“I found out that I was expecting so much from my wife. I kept on blaming her and expected her to be a perfect person. With your advice, I realized that I sometimes push her to the wall. I really appreciate you my friend”. Joel said. He was sipping his third bottle of stout. “She could actually be a nice woman.”
“I thank God that you are both learning to accommodate each other. Early marital problems mostly caused by ambivalence couples face when they are trying to overcome marriage phobia.”
“I know you are going to make a good husband, I wish you all the best in your endeavor with Brenda.” Joel looked at his time piece.
“Thinking of your wife?” Michael asked.
“Yes. I have to leave. I don’t want her to get worried. I have really spent much time with you.
Michael walked him to the door and came back into his living room. He felt lonely and decided to take another bottle of stout. Funny, the thought of the unknown Brenda was making him suddenly realize that he really needed a woman in his life. He also decided to watch a movie before going to bed.
As he was about to pick up his remote control, his cell phone ranged. He answered the call.
“It’s me Jane, remember me? Brenda’s friend.”
Michael became both alarmed and excited at the same time. Was something wrong with Brenda? “Of course I remember you. How are you and your friend?”
“I am okay but my friend is not. I am greatly concerned about her that is why I called you. She really needs help and I don’t know how to go about helping her. I was wondering if I can seek your assistance.”
“What’s the problem? Has she developed any complication?” Michael asked, wondering what he problem might be.
“I might be over reacting, Brenda just had heartbreak and she is taking it too hard. I am scared that she might do something stupid. I just don’t know what to do”
“Do you need me to come over?” He didn’t care about what the time says.
“No, I was thinking about seeing you and explaining things to you first. Will you be free by tomorrow evening?”
“No problem. Do you know Baker’s Café?”
“Yes, somewhere in the middle of the town?”
“Very good, be there by five pm tomorrow or do you have anywhere else that might be convenient for you?”
“I think Baker’s Spot is alright. But I will only be to make it by five-thirty pm.”
“No problem. Take your time. I will be waiting.” He dropped the phone. He didn’t know things had gotten this far. He wished he could just reach out and help Brenda right now.
Well, this was what he had been waiting for. He will not relent in making good use of the opportunity that has just presented itself this evening.
He picked up his cell phone, switched off all electronic devices in his sitting and went into his bedroom. He couldn’t wait for tomorrow. He must be careful in handling Jane; he must make her trust him.
That night he prayed that Brenda’s situation wouldn’t be beyond him and hoped that he will be able to help her.
He didn’t know when sleep took over his consciousness.  Brenda was reaching out for him in his dreams.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2009
Baker’s Spot was one of the most beautiful and luxurious fast food joints in Lupe and was mostly patronized by the affluents in Lupe. Its environment had been sumptuously furnished and every nook and cranny of the restaurant was well embellished, giving it a magnificent sight.
Michael wasn’t a regular customer to Baker’s Spot; it was a place you take special people on special occasions. He was a busy man with less special people and few special occasions in his life. He had actually chosen this joint because of an internal, subconscious desire to impress Jane which will probably be significant in achieving his intention.
At exactly fifteen minutes to six, Michael walked into the restaurant. He easily identified Jane. She was sitting at the table which was close to one of the windows that viewed the frontage of the restaurant. She probably had already seen him come into the restaurant.
The environment was scanty, Michael knew that people will soon be flooding in since most people are just returning from work now and are preparing to go out for the evening.
Jane was neatly dressed in a tight red gown that stopped just below her knees. The cloth fitted her so well and any observer will not mind feeding his eyes on her perfectly shaped slim body. She looked exactly like a model with a beautiful, smooth oval shaped face. This beautiful face was clouded by worry, Michael noted as he sat opposite her.
Brenda couldn’t help admiring him. She had seen him walk into the restaurant and had unbelievably found herself wishing he could date Brenda. He was dressed in a plain black pants and a white short sleeve shirt that was tucked into the pants and made him look smart.
Filled with concern for her friend, Jane had not taken her time to look at him at the hospital. The sight of him right now made her feel confident that she had asked the right person for help. She liked his friendly expression.
“Hello Jane” Michael greeted as he sat down. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting for long. I was delayed by the evening traffic.”
“There is no problem at all. I have been here for three or four minutes. I have not even ordered anything. I must appreciate you for taken out your time to help even strangers like us. I hope this not going to be much of a burden to you.”
“No, not at all. I will like to be of help.” He made a sign for the waiter and the waiter came to them immediately.
He made order for a plate of fried rice with chicken and bottled water, while she only asked for one meat pie and a bottle of coke.
Jane watched him closely, deep down within her; she knew that she would love to have him around Brenda.
As she took her first bit of meat pie, Michael said, “Tell me about Brenda. I am really concerned.”
She dropped the meat pie and sipped from the bottle of coke before replying. “Brenda just had heartbreak, I mean, her relationship went bad that day before you helped her and she had not been taking the breakup lightly, it has deeply affected her and I am afraid that things might get out of hand if nothing is done to rescue her. That is why I thought that I should bring you in; Dr. Chris told me that you have a vast knowledge about human behavior.”
“Yes, I have fair knowledge about human behavior. Tell me more”
“Right now she refuses to eat; she has really emaciated and never goes out any longer. She has lost interest in anything and has developed self hatred; she seems to be blaming herself. Please Mr. Michael, I want my friend back, we can’t have a meaningful discussion again. I am afraid that she might hurt herself.”
Michael listened attentively.
“How long have you known her?” he asked.
“I have known her for about five years now.”
“Is there any other reason why she is taking the break up so hard? Perhaps some things have happened to her in the past that had made her vulnerable to such depression. Are you aware of any?”
He was asking the right question and Jane knew that she was going to tell him about Brenda’s past relationships. She hesitated, not sure if she was doing the right thing.
He waited
“I don’t know…” she grumbled.
Michael knew she was holding something back. He had to reassure her. “Listen to me Jane; you don’t need to be worried about me. I promise you absolute confidentiality here. And I must make you understand that deep within me, I really would love to help Brenda. I am sincerely concerned. I know how break ups can hurt. I know about it and the devastating effect it has on people, especially females who are more likely to be victims. You won’t like anything bad to happen to your friend and I won’t like it either.” He stopped and allowed what he had just said to sink into her. Then he continued. “I want to do my best for your friend and I can’t help you if you refuse to tell me all I need to know.”
Jane believed him, but wondered what Brenda would do if she finds out the she had told a stranger all about her. All the same, she knew she had to do all she had to do to help.
So Jane told him all about Jane’s previous broken relationships. She gave him the details, how they occurred and how she handled them. She told him about how caring they had all been and how disappointed they had left her.
“Now I understand.” Michael said, nodding his head. He wasn’t sure if the break ups were her fault or the guys she had dated. But the storied looked natural and obviously could happen to anyone. “Do you think anything about Brenda’s personality could have elicited such action from these men?”
“No. Oh Mr. Michael I wish you get to know my friend better, she is the most humble, polite, friendly, well mannered girl I have ever met. She can’t hut a fly. I have known her for five years and I can assure you off her behavior.”
“I assumed so. And please call me Michael. Can I pay you girls a visit? I need to see her so that I can tell the extent of her depression.” He gently asked.
“Yes, I would like you to come around, but I am afraid she might see you as another threat rather than a friend.”
“Don’t worry, I will be careful. Seeing her is the most important thing now, no matter how she feels about men.”
Jane smiled and said. “You know what? You remind me of Brenda. The friendly atmosphere your presence creates. Anyway, when do I expect you?”
“Today is Thursday. I will be there on Saturday by four pm. I hope that is okay?”
“It’s alright”
“For now, always be close to her, try to engage her with any discussion that you think will make her talk. Don’t share your happy moments with her, you might end up making her feel bad. Show her empathy; just make her know you understand what she is going through.”
“Okay”
He picked up his spoon and continued to eat, while she finished up her bottle of coke. After the meal Michael settled the bill and asked her if she has any other thing to say.
“No.”
They both stood up and walked out of the restaurant. It was already beginning to get flooded with people.
“May I drop you?” he asked.
“If that won’t be troubling you”
“No it won’t”
He dropped her off and headed straight home.
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
CHAPTER 4

Allen Abu was very distressed at the moment. The gang had carried out an operation last night and it has been unsuccessful. They had lost two men in a shoot out with the police and one of the deceased was his good friend Bulus.
The had gone to rob a top politician after a tip off by an informant that the politician had in his possession the sum of two million Naira in cash and will be taking it away first thing in the morning.
The gang decided to strike before it was too late. But something had gone wrong and Glen who had led the operation had given instruction that no one should shoot anybody for any reason. This led to the escape of one of the security men who alerted the police. They would have shot the man if not for Glen’s stupid advice.
Now, Bulus is dead and there is confusion and fear among members of the gang. Thank God that none of them had been caught alive by the cops, which would have been more disastrous than the situation they are in now.
Allen was one of Nimrod’s faithful loyalists. The psycho had proven beyond reasonable doubt that he was a competent leader. Allen didn’t understand why Glen kicked against the idea of Nimrod taking over the gang four years ago. All Nimrod’s operations had been successful but most of Glen’s had been a total mess.
Yes, it is true that the gang had been Glen’s idea. Glen had become a thief because of his excessive love for money. He had always loved to meet up to the expectation of his immediate society. He loves to show off and let people know that he was rich and comfortable. He loved the respect money gave people in the society and desperately craved for it. He would do anything to get money; robbery had been one of his best options.
Glen had a way of getting first hand information and had shown so much bravery in carrying operations. He was mettlesome and intrepid which had caused the gang to venerate him. But the coming in of Nimrod had made Allen realize that Glen lacked in so many areas.
Nimrod had proven to be a master planner with no record of unsuccessful operation. Allen loved Nimrod’s ruthlessness, his charisma and the fact that he seemed to know what he was always doing. He saw that the future of the gang will make more sense if left in the hands of Nimrod, which was why he was able to convince more than half of the members to support Nimrod as the leader. But Nimrod’s indictment had scattered their plans.
Allen had been aware of Nimrod’s plan to do away with Glen and had even asked him that they should go together. But Nimrod had objected, saying that he wanted to do it alone. Allen was very surprised when the news came that Nimrod had been arrested and sentenced to jail for four years, yet Glen was still very much alive.
The gang had almost shattered, but Glen came and put things in order. Since then they have had more unsuccessful operation than successful ones, and constantly loosing members. This proved Glen’s incompetency.
Funny enough, Glen seem to forget that Nimrod had only four years to stay in prison. He thought four years was eternity and had always acted as if Nimrod never existed.
Glen was aware that Allen visited Nimrod once in a while but chose not to talk about it. He was aware that they were watching Michael but also did not talk about it. That was his fault, always neglecting little details, there by making silly mistakes.
Nimrod must be made aware that Bulus is dead and Glen’s recent activities as the leader of the gang. He must know what to expect when he comes out of jail so that he won’t come out to a whole new world. Allen wasn’t taking Glen’s silence for granted, the brave leader might be nursing some plans in his mind, and he might already have prepared himself very well for Nimrod’s release in a few weeks time.
Allen looked forward to visiting Nimrod this weekend. There is a lot to be discussed.
Re: The Cyber Lover by maedan(f): 3:11am On Oct 11, 2009
^^^Nice. Read only a bit because I have to sleep, but I'll be coming right back tomorrow to finish it wink cheesy!!  Michael sounds so nice and I already like him lots! Hope he gets a fair chance with the babe.

Lol @ the comments on my "error-free" story. I take care while I'm typing at the start to spare me the stress of proof-reading after I finish. I hate proof-reading and I'm sure you do, too. But I was enjoying your story too much to notice any serious errors, so do what you do and get the story out as fast as you can, or else cheesy!
Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
@meadan, there is something i should have done at the begining of this story that i just thought of. I should have divided the story into sections. Perhaps i should do it now.                The 1st part is THE BREAK UP(Chaper 1 - 3). The 2nd part is ACQUAINTING (From Chapter 4 - i dont know yet. This is the section i am on now. The 3rd part will be THE MURDERS. The 4th part will be THE RESCUE.

1 Like

Re: The Cyber Lover by adebayo201: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
frankly speaking, u"r frank.

1 Like

Re: The Cyber Lover by frank317: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
adebayo201:

frankly speaking, u"r frank.

please can u explain?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Diary Of A Psycho Girlfriend ...a Romance Series / Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.