Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer (1535 Views)

How To Get Grammarly Premium Free 2017 New Trick / How To Get Grammarly Free Premium Account / Top 6 Online Tools That Will Make You A Better Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer by tonyx4x44(m): 5:28am On Sep 08, 2016

Do you know the fundamentals of grammar?

Are you confident that what you’re writing is error-free and easy to read?

Would you like a tool to help proof-read your work?

I think you’ll agree with me when I say typos and grammar mistakes are embarrassing.

I recently discovered Grammarly, a grammar checker for proofreading articles, book chapters and blog posts.

I spent 30 days using Grammarly.

In this Grammarly review, I’ll explain how it can help you check grammar and spelling online, and if this grammar checker is worth it for writers.

The Price of Grammarly

Grammarly premium subscription will cost you $29 per month. However, Grammarly is offering the premium version free for a limited time here.

The premium version of this grammar checker will help you identify more grammar errors in your document than a traditional free grammar checker, and it provides detailed information about each mistake (i.e. it’s a study aid).

Grammarly offers discounts for quarterly and annual subscriptions.

How Easy to Use is Grammarly?

Grammarly works much like Google Docs.

You log in to Grammarly via a web browser.

On the dashboard of this grammar checker, you can open a new document and start writing. Or you can paste your work into this new document for analysis

After a few seconds, it underlines grammar mistakes similar to the Word. It also provides a detailed explanation of the reasons why you’ve made a mistake.

Alternatively, you can install an extension in your web browser or a plug-in for Word.

How Grammarly Helps Writers

When you click on an error, the grammar checker presents an explanation of the problem.

It identifies possible solutions and explanations for your mistake.

Grammarly helped me identify:

* Confused prepositions

* Overuse of the passive voice

* Wordy sentences

It gets better:

After using this grammar checker on several articles, I found out I have a bad habit of ending sentences with prepositions.

I’m also guilty of using the occasional squinting modifier (pictured below).

Yes, these are finer points of grammar but knowing my bad habits helped me tune up my writing.

The built-in grammar checkers in Word, Scrivener, and Pages, didn’t provide me with this insight.

Grammarly supports multiples document types, and you can identify each document as a blog post, as an article, as a business document and so on.

Grammarly also has a plagiarism checker, which may be useful if you’re writing academic papers or reviewing a peer’s work.

I turned this feature on, but I didn’t find any issues in my documents (I guess I’m not plagiarizing!).

Who is Grammarly Good For?

Grammarly is a good grammar checker if English isn’t your first language or if you don’t write that often.

It will help you check for grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation mistakes faster.

Here’s the thing:

You still need to take the time to learn the fundamentals of grammar.

If English is your first language, Grammarly is a useful tool because it teaches the finer points of grammar.

This grammar checker acts as another line of defense, which you can use to make sure your book, article or blog post is accurate and easy to read.

Pros:

* Excellent online grammar knowledgebase

* Another line of defense for authors who self-publish.

* Useful for non-native English speakers and new writers

Cons:

* Some writers may balk at paying $29.99 a month for a grammar checker.

* Not a replacement for a human proofreader or an education

Download Grammarly premium free limited offer | Source
Re: Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer by thelifetech: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2017
Grammarly is one of the most populous grammar editing tools that help you find and correct grammar errors.

With the help of this online tool, you can easily find and correct all grammar mistakes (once you have installed its extension) easily in your blog post as well as book chapters. This grammar editing tool checks for more than 250 types of common and advanced English grammar rules.

Grammarly not only checks the grammatical errors it also offers you the vocabulary enhancement tool as well as plagiarism checker. This tool is mostly used by students of all levels, business professionals, writers/editors, teachers/educators, bloggers, and marketers.

Read this guide on Grammarly review
Re: Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer by markhascole: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2019
Very helpful information.

However, there is no tool existed in this world that makes you a better writer. Writing skills are always inside you.

But we can say Grammarly enhance your punctuation but the problem is that Grammarly offers most of the features like Plagiarism checker etc. in its premium version. To resolve basic mistakes Grammarly free is enough.
Re: Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer by souravp717: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Electrobot is a Digital Marketing and SEO Blog.

A step-by-step guide for beginners on how to create a website and grow it big like a Startup.

https://electrobot.co
Re: Grammarly: An Instant Way To Become A Better Writer by writersresist: 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
This was some great information to consider which I'll be adding to my own review. I've found that many other grammar checkers out there are similar to Grammarly, but half the cost and similar benefits but brand is very important and Grammarly has that.

(1) (Reply)

Payment Received USA Adsense Needed / Your Site Is Now Connected With Newly And Fully Approved Adsense Accounts / Need A Website For Your Business? Take This Offer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.