Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? (5607 Views)

Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / How An Angel Of God Made Me Invisible To Guys Armed With Guns Who Came For Me. / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2016
Since the existence of an invisible pink unicorn cannot be disproved, Is belief in an Invisible Pink Unicorn (IPU) just as valid as belief in God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by oaroloye(m): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
SHALOM!
OLAADEGBU:
Since the existence of an invisible pink unicorn cannot be disproved, Is belief in an Invisible Pink Unicorn (IPU) just as valid as belief in God?

This nonsense is fashionable amongst Oyinbo Atheists.

They create a LIE, and say that they have connected it to a TRUTH, and then say that when their LIE is disproved, they have disproven the larger and previously-existing Truth as well.

For example, they say, that since SANTA CLAUS and THE EASTER BUNNY do not exist, therefore YAHWEH and YAHSHUA do not exist, either.

Whereas God never told them to believe in a Father Christmas, nor Easter Bunny Rabbit in the first place.

The non-existence of an Invisible Pink Unicorn would be proven by their effect on their alleged habitat.

If there are no such effects- Grass-eaten, hoofprints, etc. then the absence of Invisible Pink Unicorns at that location will have been proven.

GOD CAN BE SUBJECTED TO A SIMILAR TEST.

. 2nd CHRONICLES 16:9.

9 "For The Eyes of The LORD
run to and fro throughout the whole Earth,
to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them
whose heart is perfect toward Him.
Herein thou hast done foolishly:
therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars."

A SCEPTICAL ATHEIST NEED ONLY PERFECT HIS HEART TOWARD YAHWEH GOD- AND HE WOULD SHEW HIMSELF STRONG IN HIS BEHALF.

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me, he will keep my words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's which sent me.
25. "These things have I spoken unto you,
being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter, (which is) The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father will send in my Name,
He shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you,
my Peace I give unto you:
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

IF THEY LOVE YAHSHUA- OBEY HIS TEACHINGS- AND YAHSHUA DOES NOT MANIFEST HIMSELF TO THEM- THEN THAT PROVES THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST.

If they cannot keep the conditions, then why are they wasting our time?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
oaroloye:

The non-existence of an Invisible Pink Unicorn would be proven by their effect on their alleged habitat.

If there are no such effects- Grass-eaten, hoofprints, etc. then the absence of Invisible Pink Unicorns at that location will have been proven.

GOD CAN BE SUBJECTED TO A SIMILAR TEST.

IF THEY LOVE YAHSHUA- OBEY HIS TEACHINGS- AND YAHSHUA DOES NOT MANIFEST HIMSELF TO THEM- THEN THAT PROVES THAT HE DOES NOT EXIST.

If they cannot keep the conditions, then why are they wasting our time?

Bros, I'll advice you to:

1.google the invisible pink unicorn and educate yourself on it

2. When you're done assimilating it, edit your post and write something more reasonable

3. Thank me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by mrZENographer: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Can we determinethe existence/non-existence of invisible pink unicorns? Actually, the answer is "yes." Unicorns would be pink if they reflected pink electromagnetic radiation (i.e., light). However, in order to be invisible, the unicorns would reflect no electromagnetic radiation. Therefore, the term "invisible pink unicorn" is self contradictory. Therefore, we know absolutely that they couldnotexist. I don't know who invented the term "invisible pink unicorns," but they were obviously deficient in their physics education.

However, for the sake of argument, let's change the term and drop the "pink" part.......

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/unicorns.html
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrZENographer:
Can we determinethe existence/non-existence of invisible pink unicorns? Actually, the answer is "yes." Unicorns would be pink if they reflected pink electromagnetic radiation (i.e., light). However, in order to be invisible, the unicorns would reflect no electromagnetic radiation. Therefore, the term "invisible pink unicorn" is self contradictory. Therefore, we know absolutely that they couldnotexist. I don't know who invented the term "invisible pink unicorns," but they were obviously deficient in their physics education.

However, for the sake of argument, let's change the term and drop the "pink" part.......

this one didnt even comprehend
bruh learn to grab analogies not some apologetic nonsense

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
raphieMontella:

They don't even know that the invisible pink unicorn was made as a parody of Yahweh

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

They don't even know that the invisible pink unicorn was made as a parody of Yahweh
i cudnt help laughed hard when i read his comment..
He and the apologetic site really cracked me up
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
raphieMontella:

It's you who did not comprehend. His statement made perfect sense. Something cannot be pink and invisible as pink comes from light. This is simple physics.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 4:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's you who did not comprehend. His statement made perfect sense. Something cannot be pink and invisible as pink comes from light. This is simple physics.

It shows even you don't know what the invisible pink unicorn is about

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by agwom(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2016

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2016
mrZENographer:

How can you doubt the existence of the pink invisible unicorn, just because it reflects pink electromagnetic radiation doesn't mean it can't be invisible also, the unicorn obviously has supernatural powers and hence can only be seen by people gifted with his power. The mighty unicorn is laughing at you in Paradise. Repent and follow him.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

It shows even you don't know what the invisible pink unicorn is about
I know what it is. It's one of the things atheists use to shift the burden of proof, like Russell's teapot or the FSM. But the invisible pink unicorn cannot be real because pink and invisible cannot be used to describe something or someone hence it does not not exist.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I know what it is. It's one of the things atheists use to shift the burden of proof, like Russell's teapot or the FSM. But the invisible pink unicorn cannot be real because pink and invisible cannot be used to describe something or someone hence it does not not exist.

you still don't get it, do you?

1. Yahweh created the world according to adherents of a certain group of religion

2. atheists ask for proof of his existence

3. adherents say things like "he is invisible and only shows himself to those who faithfully and diligently seek him"

5. then those adherents say that while they don't have concrete proof, atheists can't disprove him either

6. atheists then say that the invisible pink unicorn also exists, it created the world and everything

7. those theists then ask for proof

8. atheists then say, its invisible too but it shows himself to those who faithfully and g
diligently seek him, those that have really seemed him have found it to be pink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
how then can an all loving all good and all loving,merciful god send my daughter to an eternal hell for stealing #100 naira from my own hard earned salary?
Whats moral/holy in ripping babies from pregnant women?
..the ipu is a direct parody of yahweh..
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you still don't get it, do you?

1. Yahweh created the world according to adherents of a certain group of religion

2. atheists ask for proof of his existence

3. adherents say things like "he is invisible and only shows himself to those who faithfully and diligently seek him"

5. then those adherents say that while they don't have concrete proof, atheists can't disprove him either

6. atheists then say that the invisible pink unicorn also exists, it created the world and everything

7. those theists then ask for proof

8. atheists then say, its invisible too but it shows himself to those who faithfully and g
diligently seek him, those that have really seemed him have found it to be pink
If you have found it it means you have seen it. If you have seen then it's not invisible

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

how then can an all loving all good and all loving,merciful god send my daughter to an eternal hell for stealing #100 naira from my own hard earned salary?
Whats moral/holy in ripping babies from pregnant women?
..the ipu is a direct parody of yahweh..
Non sequitur.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If you have found it it means you have seen it. If you have seen then it's not invisible

oh! I missed a piece there,

1 its invisible but it exists, it created the world and everything in it

2 they believe by "faith" that its pink

So I was wrong when I said some people have seen it to be pink

They only believe its pink by "faith"

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 10:34am On Sep 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

oh! I missed a piece there,

1 its invisible but it exists, it created the world and everything in it

2 they believe by "faith" that its pink

So I was wrong when I said some people have seen it to be pink

They only believe its pink by "faith"
If this is the case; then no Christian would argue with you. Why then do you contest their own faith?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 10:44am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If this is the case; then no Christian would argue with you. Why then do you contest their own faith?

me? I was only educating you on it bro

invisible pink unicorn can't be disproved same way Yahweh can't be disproved

it's simply a parody of Yahweh

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Non sequitur.
its not a non sequitur to me.. They are one in nature...
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

its not a non sequitur to me..
They are one in nature...
Non sequitur is non sequitur. Neither of us gets to decide what is non sequitur. It is what it is.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by PastorAIO: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Can someone die at 3 o'clock and at 6 o'clock at the same time?

Se na Mutual exclusivity you wan discuss?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Non sequitur is non sequitur. Neither of us gets to decide what is non sequitur. It is what it is.
ok..then both are fable's..
yahweh's supposed characteristics are contradictory..his book contradictory...his scientific knowledge poor for a creator..so he cannot exist but theists say it doesnt disprove him...
Ipu cannot be invisible and be pink...
Horses do not have infinite strength...
Horses do not have pointed sharpened hornes etc...bt atheists say this doesnt disprove the ipu..
So...pls tell us the standard for dismissing/disproving a presented mythological being...
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Yeah. Mutual exclusivity.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Yeah. Mutual exclusivity.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

ok..then both are fable's..
yahweh's supposed characteristics are contradictory..his book contradictory...his scientific knowledge poor for a creator..so he cannot exist but theists say it doesnt disprove him...
Ipu cannot be invisible and be pink...
Horses do not have infinite strength...
Horses do not have pointed sharpened hornes etc...bt atheists say this doesnt disprove the ipu..
So...pls tell us the standard for dismissing/disproving a presented mythological being...
What are the supposed 'contradictory' characteristics of Yahweh?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by PastorAIO: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

He told us that Jesus died in the 3rd hour and also that he died in the 6th hour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Logicbwoy: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

God is all-knowing but can't tell the future
God is all-knowing but still needs to test humans to see how they do.

God is all-powerful but cannot create another god/supreme being stronger than himself

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
ever loving..all merciful sends my daughter to hell for stealing #200 from my own hard earned salary?
The bible is one contradiction of yahweh...from divinely inspired perspectives..such shouldnt exist..if its one dude revealing all..
The christian idea itself is a fore runner in contradictions..
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Logicbwoy:

God is all-knowing but can't tell the future
God is all-knowing but still needs to test humans to see how they do.

God is all-powerful but cannot create another god/supreme being stronger than himself
God is not all- knowing. It is you who has defined God and given Him contradictory characteristics. If He was all-knowing, he would have known that Adam and Eve would have disobeyed Him. Show me a Bible verse where God claimed to be all-knowing.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

ever loving..all merciful sends my daughter to hell for stealing #200 from my own hard earned salary?
The bible is one contradiction of yahweh...from divinely inspired perspectives..such shouldnt exist..if its one dude revealing all..
The christian idea itself is a fore runner in contradictions..
You are making things up as usual. Ever-loving, ever-merciful, are not found in the Bible. How do you know that Yahweh is all these if they aren't in the Bible.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

He told us that Jesus died in the 3rd hour and also that he died in the 6th hour.
The writers of the Gospels told you. Not Yahweh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot / Homosexuality And Religion / Participate In The 1st National Bible Quiz Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.