Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? (5585 Views)

Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / How An Angel Of God Made Me Invisible To Guys Armed With Guns Who Came For Me. / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

i dont understand..is it not the same god that was said doesnt change his mind?
Wait...IOW the ten commandments etc are no longer valid?
It was also said his law's and doings are perfect why did it change?
His love is no longer eternal?
He is no longer merciful?
he no longer came for the sinners?
His blessings love mercy no longer show on his enemies?
Wait o..mercy is supposed to be showed to someone who does you wrong right?
Love is supposed to be irrespective of circumstance?
Dude uve lost me oo...
I dont understand you again
why do you talk about stuff you know nothing about?

HERE...
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jeremiah:31:31
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jeremiah:31:32
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah:31:33

THIS WAS THE PROPHECY.

AND HERE IS THE FULFILMENT.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Hebrews:8:7
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Hebrews:8:9

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Hebrews:8:10

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Hebrews:8:11

If you can manage to read this, try.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
This is why i love the bible!
analice107:

this is an absurd claim...
Claims should be backed up with indisputable proofs..

in psalm 18:30,,19:7...it is said the law of god is always ''perfecto''
in jesus's sermon at the mount..matt 5:17--...your son of god said the law is perfect and everlasting...and who ever teaches otherwise is doomed..
Are u no more a listener of yeshua?
Also yahweh himself affirmed yeshua's statements about the law in 1 chroni 16:15 and in deut 7:9
so

oh yeah!..i did..thats why the bible is a book of ''errors''..
Wait wait...since he made a new convenant..why are you then bound by the ten commandments?
Im missing something here..??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 12:04am On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:
This is why i love the bible!

this is an absurd claim...
Claims should be backed up with indisputable proofs..

in psalm 18:30,,19:7...it is said the law of god is always ''perfecto''
in jesus's sermon at the mount..matt 5:17--...your son of god said the law is perfect and everlasting...and who ever teaches otherwise is doomed..
Are u no more a listener of yeshua?
Also yahweh himself affirmed yeshua's statements about the law in 1 chroni 16:15 and in deut 7:9
so

oh yeah!..i did..thats why the bible is a book of ''errors''..
Wait wait...since he made a new convenant..why are you then bound by the ten commandments?
Im missing something here..??
You know? Most time i get angry at myself for answering you, Oh wait... am not answering you for you, am doing it for those who read.
If only you know how Childish you sound. Athiest claim intelligence, but you are ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 12:29am On Sep 10, 2016
analice107:

You know? Most time i get angry at myself for answering you, Oh wait... am not answering you for you, am doing it for those who read.
contradiction - /kɒntrəˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/ noun 1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features
which are opposed to one another.
Happy?

If only you know how Childish you sound. Athiest claim intelligence, but you are ...
it seems asking questions and quoting from your same holy book is becoming a ''sin'' these days..
Right?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by lepasharon(f): 1:10am On Sep 10, 2016
promise10:

That how funny your fellow atheists can sound. Are you surprised?

Excuse me?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by PastorAIO: 1:26am On Sep 10, 2016
Although Jeremiah was supposed to be written centuries after the book of Samuel was written.

In Samuel Yahweh doesn't change his mind then in Jeremiah he changes.

analice107:

HERE...
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

THIS WAS THE PROPHECY.

AND HERE IS THE FULFILMENT.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 2:09am On Sep 10, 2016
PastorAIO:
Although Jeremiah was supposed to be written centuries after the book of Samuel was written.

lol

Yahweh is invisible and pink

https://www.nairaland.com/3206720/easter-quiz-christians-test-knowledge
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 2:12am On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

contradiction - /kɒntrəˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/ noun 1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features
which are opposed to one another.
Happy?

it seems asking questions and quoting from your same holy book is becoming a ''sin'' these days..
Right?
No, Its not a sin to ask questions about our Bible.
We as Christians are actually enjoined to prepare to give answers as to why we believe what we believe, but wen confronted with infantile outbursts in the guise of questions, it becomes a waste of time to even attempt giving those answers.
You for one, are a master at Shifting the goal post, and that doesn't show any sign of maturity or intelligence. An intelligent person holds an idea or an argument, presenting strong points within the confines of that argument to end. But you? Not so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2016
analice107:

No, Its not a sin to ask questions about our Bible.
so??

We as Christians are actually enjoined to prepare to give answers as to why we believe what we believe, but wen confronted with infantile outbursts in the guise of questions, it becomes a waste of time to even attempt giving those answers.
define infantile,,,outbursts,,and guise..and relate to the initial quote.....
Then ask yourself who should be caned!

You for one, are a master at Shifting the goal post, and that doesn't show any sign of maturity or intelligence.
says someone who left the issue at hand because you had no answers...

An intelligent person holds an idea or an argument, presenting strong points within the confines of that argument to end.
wahala!
The verses i gave was it or was it not from the bible?
Did i quote from the tanakh?
Or is the bible no longer the ''infallible'' and ''supreme'' word of ''god''..?

But you? Not so.
simply put..u could not explain your precious bible and had to deviate on the long run..
BTW..is it that once someone doesnt conform to what you say he becomes unintelligent?
Or if he does not swallow your story ''hook,line and sinker'' he comes a dummy?
Whats intelligent in a talking snake BTW ?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
God is not all- knowing. It is you who has defined God and given Him contradictory characteristics. If He was all-knowing, he would have known that Adam and Eve would have disobeyed Him. Show me a Bible verse where God claimed to be all-knowing.
Hmm, the first Christian that claims his god isn't omniscient

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Where in the Bible did God claim omniscience? And how do you know I am a Christian?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by hopefulLandlord: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:
he is NOT a Christian
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Where in the Bible did God claim omniscience? And how do you know I am a Christian?
My bad for assuming, I saw your references to the bible, and your ability to define what God is and isn't (an ability only Christians have).
Here's what I got from a quick google search, there are enough passages that infer omniscience:
http://www.allaboutgod.com/god-is-omniscient-faq.htm
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:

My bad for assuming, I saw your references to the bible, and your ability to define what God is and isn't (an ability only Christians have).
Here's what I got from a quick google search, there are enough passages that infer omniscience:
http://www.allaboutgod.com/god-is-omniscient-faq.htm
The Garden of Eden saga clearly shows that those inferences cannot be correct. He knows the end from the beginning does not mean all ends.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The Garden of Eden saga clearly shows that those inferences cannot be correct. He knows the end from the beginning does not mean all ends.
Well, its the bible, right? The bible is perfect grin
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by felixomor: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If this is the case; then no Christian would argue with you. Why then do you contest their own faith?

Brilliant question.! Honestly
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by felixomor: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2016
So cAlled atheists, showcasing their hasty generalizations as usual! They are here again, smh
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by felixomor: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2016
analice107:

The boy continously sounds like a Jss 2 student. I doubt if he even tries to read what he writes. ..
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2016
felixomor:

The boy continously sounds like a Jss 2 student. I doubt if he even tries to read what he writes. ..
you've started again..
Please just let it be...if you have no answers...
I dont know if the holy spirit revealed that to you also..just let it be..
Okay?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by felixomor: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

you've started again..
Please just let it be...if you have no answers...
I dont know if the holy spirit revealed that to you also..just let it be..
Okay?

Sorry o.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry o.
ty
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Well, its the bible, right? The bible is perfect grin
How do you define perfect?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How do you define perfect?
Relax, that was sarcasm
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by Ranchhoddas: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Relax, that was sarcasm
I know. My question stands.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
felixomor:

asin eh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

so??

define infantile,,,outbursts,,and guise..and relate to the initial quote.....
Then ask yourself who should be caned!

says someone who left the issue at hand because you had no answers...

wahala!
The verses i gave was it or was it not from the bible?
Did i quote from the tanakh?
Or is the bible no longer the ''infallible'' and ''supreme'' word of ''god''..?

simply put..u could not explain your precious bible and had to deviate on the long run..
BTW..is it that once someone doesnt conform to what you say he becomes unintelligent?
Or if he does not swallow your story ''hook,line and sinker'' he comes a dummy?
Whats intelligent in a talking snake BTW ?
hmmmm. This guy has to actually be a teenager. Am out on you. If i want to engage in a Bible discussion, it wont be with you, you too Childish.
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by analice107: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Sir, the Old Testament was a shadow of what was to come. Apostle Paul called it School teacher, a tutor who prepares and tutors the Pupil in preparing for the future.

The Animal sacrifice was done by the Jews was to be replaced with a better sacrifice Which was the Blood of Jesus, the blood of the New Covenant, but for the main time, kill animals. Wen the blood of Christ was shed, the killing of animals stopped till today.

God is God. He does his things his way, not your way.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by raphieMontella: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
analice107:

hmmmm. This guy has to actually be a teenager. Am out on you. If i want to engage in a Bible discussion, it wont be with you, you too Childish.
do u even know what a discussion is?
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by PastorAIO: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
analice107:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Sir, the Old Testament was a shadow of what was to come. Apostle Paul called it School teacher, a tutor who prepares and tutors the Pupil in preparing for the future.

The Animal sacrifice was done by the Jews was to be replaced with a better sacrifice Which was the Blood of Jesus, the blood of the New Covenant, but for the main time, kill animals. Wen the blood of Christ was shed, the killing of animals stopped till today.

God is God. He does his things his way, not your way.

I'm sure all this is true if you say so, but the point still stands that in the Old Testament the writer of Samuel (or was it psalms) said that Yahweh doesn't change and his law is perfect while Jeremiah (still in the old testament) says that he will give a new covenant.

There new testament doesn't even come into the argument I'm making.

And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
1Samuel 15:29

1 Like

Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Since the existence of an invisible pink unicorn cannot be disproved, Is belief in an Invisible Pink Unicorn (IPU) just as valid as belief in God?

Suggested answer:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Invisible-Pink-Unicorn.html
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Invisible-Pink-Unicorn.html

See how you jejely drop answer commot cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? by mrZENographer: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lennycool:

How can you doubt the existence of the pink invisible unicorn, just because it reflects pink electromagnetic radiation doesn't mean it can't be invisible also, the unicorn obviously has supernatural powers and hence can only be seen by people gifted with his power. The mighty unicorn is laughing at you in Paradise. Repent and follow him.

If there is a pink unicorn, it never asked you for any repentance, it doesn't have a book or set of guidelines etc. it must be clueless about the human existence. So I wonder in the first place how you came to know about it. EXCEPT you and its inventors are just some cowarded cocky trollers.

On the other hand, God has a set of guidelines and principles, has a relationship with those that know him, fights the battle of believers who encounter a demonic attack etc. In my Church, God heals Hiv aids, cancer and every form of sicknesses. He also healed a paralysed man I carried to my Church on sunday in the month of February 2016. (see my profile). That reality may look scary to you but what can you do?

YOU MAY KEEP RUNNING BUT YOU CAN NEVER HIDE. EMBRACE GOD AND BE SAVE OR IN THE END YOUR NAME WILL BE SORRY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#amazing Pictures From Dr Paul Enenche's Dunamis Lord's Garden / Noetic2 Explains Why Genesis Is More Credible Than Science / Saying Prayers In Your Mind Without Opening Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.